Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.2.9 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

9 hours ago, Aylis said:

Sorry guys, i'll be out for a few days.

Had to do some runs to get some paperwork done (had to be there in person), and that was too early and too much at the same time. Almost can't move or do something at all.

Take care of yourself @Aylis. We will survive in the meantime :D

or would if these legendary deathclaws would die faster to my melee attacks :)

On 1/15/2022 at 7:37 PM, cloudmc said:

But I eo have items without icons and they are not sorted.

Got to work on those later. The guide per se is finished and now i have to create patches for the 'new' mods that will stay. But that is a lengthy process, weapons are a nightmare when it comes to them, and atm even typing hurts...

Two new issues,

I have a revolver that is messed up when holding it.  I get an odd broken look when in 1st person.

Another weapon lost it's name, when finding it there is a name but if I mod it then it's only the icon w/ no name.

---  Looking for the weapons again so I can list their names ---

On 1/15/2022 at 12:17 PM, kesryth said:

Take care of yourself @Aylis. We will survive in the meantime :D

or would if these legendary deathclaws would die faster to my melee attacks :)

Or just buy the tommy gun from criket? i think thats her name she's outside of the vault you get curie from. explosive bullets and it's an original game gun. it's the spray and pray (looked it up)

@cloudmc

With an 'exploded' weapon it comes down to the LO (the Baretta was such a candidate so i moved that mod down).

Oh, forgot to mention one thing. If you use my icon patches for weapons only use the one for the 'Defense Gun' atm. The OA for the replacers completely reworked them (incl a new name for the ESP) but my patches are still for the old version. So this could possibly cause issues... Added an information

Edited by Aylis
11 hours ago, jaeos said:

Or just buy the tommy gun from criket? i think thats her name she's outside of the vault you get curie from. explosive bullets and it's an original game gun. it's the spray and pray (looked it up)

Nice at lower levels though garbage once you start hitting 30ish+, especially if you use a mod to increase npc difficulty, and of course it burns through ammo.

14 hours ago, jaeos said:

I wish.. melee only playthrough on survival... feeling masochistic

and i took gifted as a trait :D so i level half as slow.. thank god for idiot savant

Could take a short look into the game again.

The 'Reactor ENB' looks very good, but we'll loose a few FPS. It does help with the eye adaptation and doesn't make lights at night too dark (which can be a problem with 'Gost ENB'). I'll test it further as i really like what i see (close up the textures really come out). Thankfully ELFX is not a requirement.

Spoiler

Still have to tweak a few settings for the ENB :)

enb2022_1_20_02_11_14.jpg.94e937eb0da6f761f884b8c44da6f498.jpg

enb2022_1_20_02_39_05.jpg.1c4109c6081105f6cc917d161abe462d.jpg

Also it works perfectly with the godrays now, so there's no need to add something like 'Godrays for NAC X' or tweak the nighttime godrays.

Spoiler

enb2022_1_20_17_32_59.jpg.b4185064de6b400555b8ba49faf73725.jpg

And the optional bobblehead replacer for 'Luck' got released. So we're halfway there to replace them all.

Edited by Aylis
10 hours ago, Varithina said:

Nice at lower levels though garbage once you start hitting 30ish+, especially if you use a mod to increase npc difficulty, and of course it burns through ammo.

Thats what an ammo manufacturing plant is for :P

I've always liked it, but i'm still running the mods for the fn-fal from almost 2 years ago, the other option would have been to get one of the packs combat rifles (the ak-47 of fallout) and manufacture that ammo (i think i'm sitting on something like 12k rounds for them)

13 hours ago, jaeos said:

Thats what an ammo manufacturing plant is for :P

I've always liked it, but i'm still running the mods for the fn-fal from almost 2 years ago, the other option would have been to get one of the packs combat rifles (the ak-47 of fallout) and manufacture that ammo (i think i'm sitting on something like 12k rounds for them)

I never bother with them, mainly due to the fact that I have to lurk around the settlement to get them to produce, I have better things to do than sit there waiting for ammo production.  Though there is a mod around on nexus that added several very densely packed dungeons, though the pathing for the npc was garbage, and they usually left me with a mass of weapons and armor as most of them either had super mutants or robots in them, but with pathing that pretty much locked the npc into no movement, though a couple of them had one way doors which was kinda a pain as you went through the door straight into the face of 15-20 super mutants armed with level appropriate weapons, which could be very very nasty.  This mod though the lighting is pretty eye searing https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19994

5 hours ago, Varithina said:

I never bother with them, mainly due to the fact that I have to lurk around the settlement to get them to produce, I have better things to do than sit there waiting for ammo production.  Though there is a mod around on nexus that added several very densely packed dungeons, though the pathing for the npc was garbage, and they usually left me with a mass of weapons and armor as most of them either had super mutants or robots in them, but with pathing that pretty much locked the npc into no movement, though a couple of them had one way doors which was kinda a pain as you went through the door straight into the face of 15-20 super mutants armed with level appropriate weapons, which could be very very nasty.  This mod though the lighting is pretty eye searing https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/19994

I never waited on the ammo plant, i just come back at the end of the "day" and clean the storage bay out. Sounds like one of those situations a laser gatling is considered under powered ?

Closeup with the new ENB

Spoiler

Photo287.jpg.f4e6c690be78f2b2024dda11d74e7023.jpg

This does indeed improve the looks of the textures and the shadows (especially on the face) seem to be better too. 

For those who are interested, here are my current settings (incl. the ones for 'Reactor ENB'):

FO4 Ini Settings.7z

Please remember those are still temporary settings which might still change.

But now i'm off to bed. Its already past 04:00 in the morning.

Edited by Aylis

Three days down with something (slept most of the time and shivering) and now starting to rework a few things...

First tests to remove the Kraken called AWKCR were successful and didn't require a new game. But we need to add a few patches for this to work.

Planned changes (Not finished yet)

Mods to be removed:

Spoiler

Armor and Weapon Keywords Community Resource (AWKCR)

Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch With AWKCR (EN)

Vines with Ivy                                                                                 Will get replaced with one from Luxor

GITS Motoko Kusanagi outfit                                                         Will get replaced with the 'Precursor Suit'. 

GITS matte patch                                                                           Not needed anymore

GITS Motoko Kusanagi - Camo Retexture                                     Shadows are broken

GITS BodySlide Files For Fusion Girl                                               Some clipping

Inside Jobs  - Vis Patch                                                                   Not needed anymore

cVc Dead Wasteland 6 - Patch for AWKCR and VIS                                        ''

AWKCR - Color Swap Mod Slot Hider                                                            ''

Beretta M9-FS Pistol (92FS)                                                            Acting up again and again. I'm done trying to fix it.

Modern Weapon Replacer - Beretta M9FS - FOMOD Installer      Not needed anymore

Mods to be added:

Spoiler

Luxor's Greenery                                                                            Replacement for 'Vines with Ivy' 

Biohazard Suit - No AWKCR                                                           Not needed - Replacer got its own version

Precursor Suit                                                                                 Better GITS

Precursor Suit - No AWKCR                                                            Removes dependency

Precursor Suit - A-TACS Camo Retexture OR 

STARGIRL - XO Re-texture - Precursor Suit OR 

Synth Suit (Precursor Re-texture)

Precursor Suit - Fusion Girl Bodyslide Files

Rad-Ban Eyewear Inc - No AWKCR                                                Removes dependency

Glock 19X                                                                                       Replacement for the 'Beretta'

Modern Weapon Replacer - Glock 19x                                          Plasma gun - No LL

Somerville Homestead                                                                   Small addition that fits well

Sadly quite a few of my patches require AWKCR so i have to redo them.

Spoiler

Untitled.jpg.0df4a37fd3e11bd82546a374b3f02a94.jpg

Thankfully they only change entries and can be added or removed at any time and only a few icons will vanish if you remove them.

The next step is trying to integrate 'Equipment and Crafting Overhaul (ECO)'. I found a lot of patches so this will take a while to test it...

But it's back to bed - head is spinning again...

The Beretta is really annoying. No idea how often i fixed that weapon only to see it break down again. I'll replace it with a 'Glock'.

Edited by Aylis

I am looking forward to see how you implement ECO, as I have been playing around with it for a bit now as I like the portable workbench but i of course shoehorned it in, unlike your tested methods :D . I also have been using one of the sorting mods it recommended, which is Complex Item Sorter as it uses a FO4Edit script to create one script to add the sort tags to all the mods for you, and allows some customization of rules. Very nice, and very thorough so everything gets tagged.

Hello out there,

Aylis, I'm about to start installing mods as per your guide but before I do, sit back and relax; I'm about to compliment the hell out of you.

Let me start by saying I've had FO4 for years but never played it through.  You see, when I discovered mods, I fell down a real rabbit hole.  One mod led to another, which led to 5 more, which lead to downloading off 10 authors, and before I knew it I had collected over 2,500 mods.  I'm not kidding.  2,500+.   The problem is that with so many, I was spoiled for choice, I didn't know what would work with what, nothing.  So, in frustration, I ignored FO4 for other things.  Years later, I started from scratch.  Now, I've tried modpacks from Wabbajack.  I have several problems with modpacks, all stemming from the fact that so much is integrated with everything else, adding or removing anything is like walking in a minefield.  At night.  Blindfolded.  Drunk.

Not to mention the fact that some who compile these modpacks are very possessive and proprietary.  Ask them how to add something, and they have (at least to me) responded with "you can't.  This is how I made it, take it or leave it."  So...I left it.

Fast foward to three days ago, when I discovered you and your guide.  I saw page one dated 2019 and thought "ok, well, it's relatively recent."  So I read on, with growing interest, for 21 pages.  Cue the compliments.

First, I've never seen anyone put so much time and effort, and pain, into modding one game.  (Haven't touched Skyrim....yet.)  You, m'lady, are an inspiration. 

Second, absolutely every modlist compiler (I won't call them authors, they didn't write the mods) throw the list at you and say 'take it or leave it.'  You're the only one I've run across that actually asks for user input and takes it if it's sound.  Dedicated AND open-minded.  Delicious!

Third, going by what I've seen until now you're not only being creative but, as they say, keeping it real.  Your character looks like a real person.  The world looks like it should.  I mean I know there are creative people out there and I'm probably being very pedantic when it comes to the 'lore friendiness', but...god, how many luxury resorts can a post-apocalyptic world have??  So we have dedicated, open-minded, creative and, lest we forget, knowlegeable.  You know what you're doing, what to look for, -how to fix it-...is there no end to your talents?  Probably not.

All of which leads me to one important decision - I'm going to follow this thread, and your advice, religiously.  Ah yes, one more thing:  Not only are you telling us what you're changing, but why.  Something not a lot of people do.

Now I'm going to start organising this mess of a mod collection into something useable, all thanks to you.  You are amazing, and you have a new fan.  And, you're probably going to save me a ton of disk space.  For that, I love you already.

DN

Still sick and totally down (brain is in mechanical mode krank2yqdk3.gif.d4370dc2664b8f4fe3c69fa7d041086c.gif). So if i miss or forget something please remind me...

@kesryth

1. Thanks for that. And i was wondering why i didn't need the patch.

2. That is what i am using for my icon patches. But i lost the link and my version might be outdated (will look into it later).

@DarthNyriss

Thanks for your kind words. Happy to hear that you like my work. :)

@Cloud_1

I tested ELFX before and ran into problems with it. In some spots (like the vault in the southwest) i had missing walls and quite a few other oddities. For now the lighting mods work fine with the ENB and i havn't found problems with them.

'Luxors Greenery' is much better than i anticipated as the whole package improves the grass too. It also seems to have a hidden conflict with 'Grasslands' which can cause CTD when you try to fast-travel. So i'll remove those too. 

'ECO' seems to work fine but its configuration is a bit tricky. Got to see if i find something on Youtube for that. Worst case i have to write something... So far i'm very inclined to add it to the guide but want to run a few more tests / check options of it.

A few screenshots:

Spoiler

Close-up

Photo288.jpg.c984594ba98230df1fa5a3acc3bcd419.jpg

Photo289.jpg.2f2d0bebf3b49210b6d95159b03f9f65.jpg

Got the first stage of my water extraction plant running (will add another 'Start-Me-Up' at a later date as i still tweak details)

Photo293.jpg.1702d6181a4b2433eba17b3059c4b47f.jpg

ICU

Photo278.jpg.ab616b3e2a07ee8e40a99f07258f36d3.jpg

Edited by Aylis

Hi Aylis,

To let you know, MM Journals listed under Textures on page 1 is a dead link.  I *might* have it, I think.

DN

Just checked.  I do.  I'll see about uploading it here or wherever most convenient.   Nope, file is damaged.  Never mind.

Edited by DarthNyriss
added a line

Last update

Updating Status to '3.1.2'

Yes, page #1 was also updated.

Killing the 'Kraken'. In other words 'AWKCR' is finally gone too...

Mods to RERUN

Bashed Patch

Removed mods:

Spoiler

Foundation

Armor and Weapon Keywords Community Resource (AWKCR)        Getting rid of all the bloat

GRASSLANDS 2                                                                                 Will get replaced with one mod from Luxor

Grass Reworked                                                                                 Not needed anymore

Textures

Better Ivy Vines                                                                                  Will get replaced with one mod from Luxor

Armor

GITS Motoko Kusanagi outfit                                                             Will get replaced with the 'Precursor Suit'. 

GITS Matte Patch                                                                                Not needed anymore

GITS Camo Retexture                                                                         Shadows are broken

GITS BodySlide Files For Fusion Girl                                                   Some clipping

World

Inside Jobs - VIS-G Sorting Tags ESL                                                  Not needed anymore

Building

Dead Wasteland - Patch for AWKCR and VIS                                     Not needed anymore

Patches and Fixes

Armor and Weapon Keywords Community Resource (AWKCR)         Patch is not needed anymore

AWKCR - Color Swap Hider                                                                Not needed anymore

Better Cooking Stations                                                                      Redundant with ECO

Armor and Weapons Override

Beretta M9-FS Pistol (92FS)                                                                Acting up again and again. I'm done trying to fix it.

Modern Weapon Replacer - Beretta M9-FS                                       Not needed anymore

Miniguns Rebirth AWKCR Patch                                                                           ''

ADDED mods:

Spoiler

Foundation

Luxor's Greenery                                                                            Replacement for 'Vines with Ivy' and 'Grasslands'. 

Textures

Fallout 4 - Hot Coffee                                                                     More immersion.

Armor

Precursor Suit                                                                                 Better GITS

Precursor Suit - No AWKCR                                                            Removes dependency

Precursor Suit - A-TACS Camo Retexture OR                                 Retextures

STARGIRL - XO Re-texture - Precursor Suit OR                                     ''

Synth Suit (Precursor Re-texture)                                                          ''

[Bodyslide] Precursor Suit - Fusion Girl Bodyslide Files

Rad-Ban Eyewear Inc - No AWKCR                                                 Removes dependency

Patches

Realistic Power Armor Spawns                                                       Adds some logic to the distribution of PA.

Override

No Hatching Mirelurk Eggs                                                            Removes the annoying little buggers in the nests.

Armor and Weapons Override

Glock 19X - Pistol                                                                            Moved within the group. Replacement for the 'Beretta'

Modern Weapon Replacer - Glock 19x                                           Integrates the weapon

Final

Somerville Homestead                                                                    Small addition that fits well

Uploads

WIP                                                                 

Notes

The Beretta can be replaced mid-game. You just might have to rebuild the ones you already have as the meshes changed.

I'm still tinkering with 'ECO'. Got a dozen (or so) patches for it that i still have to check.

Edited by Aylis
  • Aylis changed the title to Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.1.2 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)