Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.2.9 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

13 hours ago, Aylis said:

@kesryth

That shouldn't happen. 

Hmmm, maybe the pack from luxor and CRP have a hidden conflict?

This is true, and nope not a luxor/CRP issue. Looks like some painting replacers I had forgotten were in one of my overrides were not built with a factor of 2 scaling (1024x1024) and so could not be accurately read by the game. Removing them fixed it until i can redo them to the correct values.

Thanks for the great work on the list and your patience :)

Have a great New Year and a fun playthrough

Found direct links to the files of Extreme Particles Overhaul 3.0. And now the mod is available again using the ID of the file on Nexus. 

As the description isn't available anymore i added a video for the mod.

The links have been updated in the guide.

Fortaleza 2 is now available on Nexus but still in Beta. The presets for FG arn't finished yet, so it is not an option atm.

Edited by Aylis

@cloudmc

Thanks. I thought i had found them all...

Updated the links.

Added '(Direct Link)' to the 'Legend' and a small description too.

Added the section 'Ingame Tools' to post #3. Those will make a few things (like screenshots) easier for you.

Added an entry regarding 'Boston Breeder' to our 'Quest Bug Section'.

Edited by Aylis
On 1/2/2022 at 5:34 PM, เวฟ said:

ดยิห

Sorry, i don't get that. ?

But welcome to LL anyway. :)

I might have found a replacement for the MWM4. Which imo got too much bling. The goldplated parts show up waaaay too often and i'm not happy with a lot of the other textures as well. The replacement also fits better to the lore and makes some additional mods redundant.

Sadly Nexus is, at least here, acting up again.

Taking a look now...

First impression is good. A lot of options and no excessive bling (maybe thats left for the uniques).

Uploaded the (for now) finished version of my Aylis Character Pack Done

Updated the guide and the last status update. Done

As the replaced weapons make the enemies harder (Gunners and Raiders can become a PITA) i'm taking a look at mods that turns the Ai (Artificial idiocy) of the companions into an AI (Artificial Intelligence) for combat that is actually useful.

As Piper is the one i got atm, she's the one i'll test first. If this works out i'll check the others too.

Edited by Aylis
Update

@cloudmc

Sorry, but i can't really help with that. 'Commonwealth' should be, i'm sort of guessing here, the main area of the game.

Did you start the process via MO2? Also are there parameter you have to set for the process?

I tried to avoid the whole process with the mod 'Better LOD' to prevent problems like this.  

The combat overhaul of Piper works, so i'll be testing 'McGreedy' next. If that one is also fine then i'll add them.

Cubemaps Fix loose Files Version covers more files so it will replace 'PBR Materials Project - Metal'.

With NAC the skin looks a bit off and the mod 'NAC Skin Tone Fix' fixes that.

SREP REDUX - Service Rifle Expansion Project (and its MWR) will replace the 'Select Assault Rifle', the 'MWM4 - M4A1' (plus addons) and lastly the 'MWR - FN FAL - SA58 - FOMOD Installer'. The 'normal' FN FAL will stay in the guide as it was already used in previous games.

Edited by Aylis

I had nothing in the parameters for it in MO2.  Wait we don't need to run xLODGenx64, I thought you had it in post 3. 

----

Tried starting and it seems to crash when it finishes loading the audio settings.  I can click around in the main menu and the audio is spinning.  Once it stops (I assume) the game crashes

----

Crash is being caused by Melee Replacer, I needed to download the one w/ Shem Drowne Sword override entries removed

Edited by cloudmc
19 minutes ago, cloudmc said:

I had nothing in the parameters for it in MO2.  Wait we don't need to run xLODGenx64, I thought you had it in post 3. 

Tried starting and it seems to crash when it finishes loading the audio settings.  I can click around in the main menu and the audio is spinning.  Once it stops (I assume) the game crashes

In the beginning i went the standard route via lodgen. But that requires 'a few' extra mods and is inconvenient and timeconsuming. So i went for the predone files. They arn't perfect, just easier to handle.

The only issue i had was the start with the 'white screen' (just press [Enter] several times for the invisible message box). Sadly i found no solution for that behaviour so far and might have to add that to the bugs section. 

@kesryth

Yes, i've seen it. For me the look of Shaun never really bothered me so i didn't include it.

Found a little texture mod i have to include. Precious Metal Bars

The 'Precursor Suit' is a shrunk version of 'GITS'. Some of its texture packs are very good and the FG preset seems 'newer'. Got to see if i can do something with it as the meshes should be the same. At least the textures should work for us. Nope, a completely different beast.

So many weapons but no target practice for the settlers... With 'Shooting Target' we can at least lay the foundation for a shooting range (Preston won't be amused).

Still not sure if 'Organised Vendors' is sort of a cheat or an improvement.

Edited by Aylis

Planned changes (this is not certain yet)

Mods to be removed

Spoiler

Black Male Raiders                                                                                             Some raiders look off.

MWM4 - M4A1                                                                                                  Gets replaced

MWM4 Texture update                                                                                      Not needed anymore

MWM4 updated animation pack                                                                                       ''

Modern Weapon Replacer - MWM4 M4A1 - FOMOD Installer                                         ''

Modern Weapon Replacer - FN FAL - SA58 - FOMOD Installer                                         ''

Mods to be added

Spoiler

Combat Style - Cait                                                                                           Improved AI

Combat Style - Curie                                                                                                   ''

Combat Style - MacReady                                                                                           ''

Combat Style - Piper                                                                                                   ''

Combat Style - Strong                                                                                                 ''

Precious Metal Bars                                                                                           Replacement of the rough looking bars.

Classic V.A.T.S.                                                                                                   Allows you to set the speed of VATS

Shooting Target

NAC Skin Tone Fix                                                                                              Fixes the skintone change of NAC X.

Gepard GM6 Lynx TR                                                                                         Adding another gun

?Don't forget to merge the update into the main file.

SREP REDUX - Service Rifle Expansion Project                                                  Replacement for several weapon mods

Modern Weapon Replacer - SREP Redux - FOMOD Installer

Wattz Laser Gun                                                                                                Replacement for the 'Laser Musket'. 

Energy Weapon Replacer - Wattz Laser Gun

Organised Vendors                                                                                            Up to you if you want to use it

Working on

Spoiler

☑️Organised Vendors 

Precursor Suit                                                                                                    Sadly not working as i hoped it would

☑️Combat Style - Curie

Combat Style - Hancock (might come later)

☑️Combat Style - MacReady

☑️Combat Style - Strong

Edited by Aylis
8 hours ago, Aylis said:

@kesryth

Yes, i've seen it. For me the look of Shaun never really bothered me so i didn't include it.

Yeah, i think i will live with it, had issues with the not starting in the vault (crashes) and starts in the vault, had  script lag and missing trigger type issues, so not worth it for me.

Looking forward to your next update, classic vats looks nice as do the combat style mods

Sadly the 'Precursor Suit' is only based on 'GITS' and the textures are completely different. So i can't use them for us.

Finally found the right replacer (there are several ones) to use the 'Wattz Laser Gun' instead of the 'Laser Musket'. The musket never made much sense to me... So replacing it with a weapon which could be found in older games, but went missing in FO4, is imo the perfect solution.

The 'Gepard GM6 Lynx' can only be found in one location (imho perfectly placed) of the game. So i'll add it for more gun variety. The range of the crafted one is very limited - checking the placed one nowRange was fixed by the OA

Just read that 'Fortaleza 2' will add 100+ items to the game. Thats 'a bit' too much for my taste, so i won't add it.

I'll add the mod 'Organized Vendors' and it is up to you if want you use it or not.

Down to the last 'Combat Styles'. Two are already working fine and i just have to get rid of the current companion to test the next one.

The style for MacReady works too. So i can only assume the last two companions work as well and i'll add them.

Last step is optimizing and checking if everything works.

The Lynx got an update for the range. It is working perfectly fine now.

Trying to fix the most useless weapon in the game: S.R.O. - Syringer Overhaul.

The new shelves are great

Spoiler

As you can see you can put a lot of magazines in there. The ones on the right are from 'Ivy'.

enb2022_1_10_17_16_39.jpg.9e71d02f474239e83c88263e2d4d4874.jpg

There are a few outfits that arn't quite right yet. Trying to find a solution. Fixed

Spoiler

enb2022_1_7_22_26_41.jpg.6c0036324551f8ccc7bff9aead042eb5.jpg

Found updates for the presets. Updated the guide with new links for:

Commonwealth Mini Dresses Fusion Girl 1.80 Conversion Done

Eli's Armour Compendium Fusion Girl 1.80 Conversion Done

Looks there are still quite a few old presets, which don't work properly, floating around. 

Uploaded the updated predone bodyslides for the armor. Done

Updated the pic for the shelves. Done

Edited by Aylis

Last update

Updating Status to '3.1.1'

Yes, page #1 was also updated.

Fixing bugs and adding final finishing touches.

Mods to RERUN

Bashed Patch

Removed mods:

Spoiler

Override

Black Male Raiders                                                                                             Some raiders look off.

Armor and Weapons Override

MWM4 - M4A1                                                                                                  Gets replaced

MWM4 - M4A1 - Texture                                                                                   Not needed anymore

MWM4 updated animation pack                                                                                       ''

Modern Weapon Replacer - FN FAL - SA58                                                                       ''

Modern Weapon Replacer - MWM4 M4A1                                                                       ''

ADDED mods:

Spoiler

Textures

Precious Metal Bars                                                                                           Replacement of the rough looking bars.

Building

Shooting Target

Patches

Classic V.A.T.S.                                                                                                   Allows you to set the speed of VATS

Combat Style - Cait                                                                                           Improved AI

Combat Style - Curie                                                                                                   ''

Combat Style - MacReady                                                                                           ''

Combat Style - Piper                                                                                                   ''

Combat Style - Strong                                                                                                 ''

Organised Vendors                                                                                            'Cleans' vendor lists and adds placable magazines 

Weather and Lighting

NAC Skin Tone Fix                                                                                              Fixes the skintone change of NAC X.

Armor and Weapons Override

SREP REDUX - Service Rifle Expansion Project                                                  Replacement for several weapon mods

Wattz Laser Gun                                                                                                Replacement for the 'Laser Musket'. 

Wattz Laser Gun Animation Fixes

S.R.O. - Syringer Overhaul

Energy Weapon Replacer - Wattz Laser Gun                                                     Integrates the weapon

Modern Weapon Replacer - SREP Redux - FOMOD Installer                                              ''

Gepard GM6 Lynx TR                                                                                         Adding another gun

Uploads

AFG - Elianora (See 'Updates')

AFG - Mini (See 'Updates')

To Do

Spoiler

Update to 'Red Rocket Starter'                                                                           Fixes for the updated mods

Reworking the patches for icons

Updates

Aylis Character Pack

• Aylis changed the title to Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.1.1 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)
32 minutes ago, cloudmc said:

Any ideas on why the inside areas would be so dark I have to use a flashlight all of the time?

If you think it is too dark, then you can adjust it ingame through the ENB GUI or manually in the enbeffect.fx.ini.

Or you can try a different ENB.

Edited by Aylis

I didn't load ENB, maybe that's why?

----------------

After as crash I found I need to change Buffout and Baka so that the memory is right.  This seems to have made it brighter at least when I replayed the area that crashed.

Also what do you think of this?

Edited by cloudmc

@cloudmc

Trust me, you really want to use an ENB. ;)

This will improve the the visuals of the game a lot. If you're worried about the framerates then check Fallout 4 Vulkan Renderer. I posted a link to a guide for it on the first page and even my old card works much better with it.

I saw that armor but it doesn't make, at least for me, much sense and i don't like the visuals.

Added a general link to IKAROS in post #2. It's not so easy to get it to work, but some might like it.

Looks like i do have to redo the predone files for Eli. Some work perfectly fine - others are completely broken.

Spoiler

Not exactly what i had in mind...

Left side major clipping with armors - right side no clipping but missing parts and ignoring my preset.

Untitled.jpg.ce840aeb6333e035099f18c61f3363bf.jpg

Edited by Aylis

FYI here is a few comments from the crash log auto scanner;

Mods' w/ Frequent Crashes

Spoiler

====================================================
CHECKING FOR MODS THAT CAN CAUSE FREQUENT CRASHES...
IF YOU'RE USING DYNAMIC PERFORMANCE TUNER AND/OR LOAD ACCELERATOR,
remove these mods completely and switch to High FPS Physics Fix!
Link: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/44798?tab=files
-----
FOUND     [10] TACTICAL RELOAD!
-----
FOUND     [38] EXTREME PARTICLES OVERHAUL!
-----
FOUND CLASSIC HOLSTERED WEAPONS, BUT...
AUTOSCAN CANNOT ACCURATELY DETERMINE IF CHW CAUSED THIS CRASH OR NOT.
You should open CHW's ini file and change IsHolsterVisibleOnNPCs to 0.
This usually prevents most common crashes with Classic Holstered Weapons.
-----
CAUTION: ANY ABOVE DETECTED MODS HAVE A MUCH HIGHER CHANCE TO CRASH YOUR GAME!
You can disable any/all of them temporarily to confirm they caused this crash.

Outdated / replaceable mods

Spoiler

CHECKING FOR MODS WITH SOLUTIONS AND ALTERNATIVES...
FOUND     [0C] ARMOR AND WEAPON KEYWORDS!
If you don't rely on AWKCR, you should switch to Equipment and Crafting Overhaul
Better Alternative: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/55503?tab=files
-----
FOUND     [FE:022] FALLUI ITEM SORTER MOD!
This is a premade item tagging / sorting patch that will crash or conflict in all kinds of situations.
I strongly recommend generating your own sorting patch instead. Place it last in your load order.
That way, you won't experience any conflicts / crashes and even modded items will be sorted.
Link: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/48826?tab=files
-----
FOUND     [FE:053] LEGENDARY MODIFICATION!
This is an old mod that's plagued with all kinds of bugs and crashes.

Optimization Patches

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/54872

Full Log

Spoiler

crash-2022-01-12-03-53-34.log
This crash log was automatically scanned.
VER 2.00 | MIGHT CONTAIN FALSE POSITIVES.
Main Error: Unhandled exception "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" at 0x7FF7F523BD2E Fallout4.exe+173BD2E
Detected Buffout Version: Buffout 4 v1.24.5
Latest Buffout Version: Buffout 4 v1.24.5
You have the lastest version of Buffout 4!
CHECKING IF BUFFOUT4.TOML PARAMETERS ARE CORRECT...
Achievements parameter is correctly configured.
-----
Baka ScrapHeap is installed, but MemoryManager parameter is set to TRUE
Open Buffout4.toml and change MemoryManager parameter to FALSE, this prevents conflicts with Buffout 4.
You should also open BakaScrapHeap.toml with a text editor and change ScrapHeapMult parameter to 4.
-----
Looks Menu (F4EE) parameter is correctly configured.
-----
CHECKING IF LOG MATCHES ANY KNOWN CRASH MESSAGES...
Checking for Stack Overflow Crash.........All Clear
Checking for Nvidia Driver Crash..........All Clear
Checking for Weapon Debris Crash..........All Clear
Checking for Render Driver Crash..........All Clear
Checking for Audio Driver Crash...........All Clear
Checking for Body Physics Crash...........All Clear
Checking for Invalidation Crash...........All Clear
Checking for Grid Scrap Crash.............All Clear
Checking for Load Order Crash.............All Clear
Checking for DLCBannerDLC01.dds...........All Clear
Checking for 0x0 (Zero Crash).............All Clear
Checking for CAO Crash....................All Clear
Checking for MCM Crash....................All Clear
Checking for Generic Crash................All Clear
Checking for Papyrus Crash................All Clear
Checking for BA2 Limit Crash..............All Clear
Checking for NPC Pathing Crash............All Clear
Checking for Object Model Crash...........All Clear
Checking for Plugin Limit Crash...........All Clear
Checking for Console Command Crash........All Clear
Checking for Particle Effects Crash.......All Clear
Checking for Weapon Animation Crash.......CULPRIT FOUND!
> Priority Level: [5] | Detected number of hkbVariableBindingSet | hkbHandIkControlsModifier | hkbBehaviorGraph | hkbModifierList :  0  |  0  |  4  |  0
Checking for Corrupted Textures Crash.....All Clear
-----
FOR DETAILED DESCRIPTIONS AND POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS TO ANY ABOVE DETECTED CULPRITS,
VISIT THE BUFFOUT 4 CRASH ARTICLE: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/articles/3115
-----
-----
-----
-----
-----
If you don't rely on AWKCR, you should switch to Equipment and Crafting Overhaul
-----
This is a premade item tagging / sorting patch that will crash or conflict in all kinds of situations.
I strongly recommend generating your own sorting patch instead. Place it last in your load order.
That way, you won't experience any conflicts / crashes and even modded items will be sorted.
-----
-----
CHECKING FOR MODS PATCHED THROUGH OPC INSTALLER...
- Found     [45] Immersive Beantown Brewery!
- Found     [46] Immersive Covenant Compound!
- Found     [48] Immersive Gunners Plaza!
- Found     [49] Immersive Hub City!
- Found     [4A] Immersive Military Checkpoint!
- Found     [4B] Immersive & Extended Nahant!
-----
FOR COMPLETE PATCH REPOSITORY THAT PREVENTS CRASHES AND FIXES PROBLEMS IN THESE AND OTHER MODS,
VISIT THE OPTIMIZATION PATCHES COLLECTION: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/54872
-----
SCANNING THE LOG FOR SPECIFIC (POSSIBLE) CUPLRITS...
LIST OF (POSSIBLE) PLUGIN CULRIPTS:
AUTOSCAN COULDN'T FIND ANY PLUGIN CULRIPTS
-----
LIST OF (POSSIBLE) FORM ID CULRIPTS:
AUTOSCAN COULDN'T FIND ANY FORM ID CULRIPTS
-----
FOR FULL LIST OF MODS THAT MAY CAUSE PROBLEMS, THEIR ALTERNATIVES AND DETAILED SOLUTIONS,
VISIT THE BUFFOUT 4 CRASH ARTICLE: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/articles/3115
251221 | Author/Made By: Poet#9800 | END OF AUTOSCAN

Edited by cloudmc
1 hour ago, cloudmc said:

FYI here is a few comments from the crash log auto scanner;

Mods' w/ Frequent Crashes

Hide contents

-----
-----
-----
-----

Outdated / replaceable mods

Hide contents

-----
-----

Optimization Patches

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/54872

Full Log

Hide contents

crash-2022-01-12-03-53-34.log
This crash log was automatically scanned.
VER 2.00 | MIGHT CONTAIN FALSE POSITIVES.
Main Error: Unhandled exception "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" at 0x7FF7F523BD2E Fallout4.exe+173BD2E
Detected Buffout Version: Buffout 4 v1.24.5
Latest Buffout Version: Buffout 4 v1.24.5
You have the lastest version of Buffout 4!
CHECKING IF BUFFOUT4.TOML PARAMETERS ARE CORRECT...
Achievements parameter is correctly configured.
-----
Open Buffout4.toml and change MemoryManager parameter to FALSE, this prevents conflicts with Buffout 4.
You should also open BakaScrapHeap.toml with a text editor and change ScrapHeapMult parameter to 4.
-----
Looks Menu (F4EE) parameter is correctly configured.
-----
CHECKING IF LOG MATCHES ANY KNOWN CRASH MESSAGES...
Checking for Stack Overflow Crash.........All Clear
Checking for Nvidia Driver Crash..........All Clear
Checking for Weapon Debris Crash..........All Clear
Checking for Render Driver Crash..........All Clear
Checking for Audio Driver Crash...........All Clear
Checking for Body Physics Crash...........All Clear
Checking for Invalidation Crash...........All Clear
Checking for Grid Scrap Crash.............All Clear
Checking for Load Order Crash.............All Clear
Checking for DLCBannerDLC01.dds...........All Clear
Checking for 0x0 (Zero Crash).............All Clear
Checking for CAO Crash....................All Clear
Checking for MCM Crash....................All Clear
Checking for Generic Crash................All Clear
Checking for Papyrus Crash................All Clear
Checking for BA2 Limit Crash..............All Clear
Checking for NPC Pathing Crash............All Clear
Checking for Object Model Crash...........All Clear
Checking for Plugin Limit Crash...........All Clear
Checking for Console Command Crash........All Clear
Checking for Particle Effects Crash.......All Clear
Checking for Weapon Animation Crash.......CULPRIT FOUND!
> Priority Level: [5] | Detected number of hkbVariableBindingSet | hkbHandIkControlsModifier | hkbBehaviorGraph | hkbModifierList :  0  |  0  |  4  |  0
Checking for Corrupted Textures Crash.....All Clear
-----
FOR DETAILED DESCRIPTIONS AND POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS TO ANY ABOVE DETECTED CULPRITS,
-----
-----
-----
-----
-----
-----
-----
-----
CHECKING FOR MODS PATCHED THROUGH OPC INSTALLER...
- Found     [45] Immersive Beantown Brewery!
- Found     [46] Immersive Covenant Compound!
- Found     [48] Immersive Gunners Plaza!
- Found     [49] Immersive Hub City!
- Found     [4A] Immersive Military Checkpoint!
- Found     [4B] Immersive & Extended Nahant!
-----
FOR COMPLETE PATCH REPOSITORY THAT PREVENTS CRASHES AND FIXES PROBLEMS IN THESE AND OTHER MODS,
VISIT THE OPTIMIZATION PATCHES COLLECTION: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/54872
-----
SCANNING THE LOG FOR SPECIFIC (POSSIBLE) CUPLRITS...
LIST OF (POSSIBLE) PLUGIN CULRIPTS:
AUTOSCAN COULDN'T FIND ANY PLUGIN CULRIPTS
-----
LIST OF (POSSIBLE) FORM ID CULRIPTS:
AUTOSCAN COULDN'T FIND ANY FORM ID CULRIPTS
-----
FOR FULL LIST OF MODS THAT MAY CAUSE PROBLEMS, THEIR ALTERNATIVES AND DETAILED SOLUTIONS,
251221 | Author/Made By: Poet#9800 | END OF AUTOSCAN

Haven't had any issues myself so far with these mods, so while they could cause crashes, not guaranteed they will.

You have one big problem though and that is this:

The install instructions for Buffout cover this issue, so you should have that disabled (Set to FALSE) in the buffout config file as it can cause serious problems as you basically have two memory heap managers running at the same time which can cause conflicts.

For the rest of the log, I believe the Buffout makers suggest posting it to the forum for the mod, so it can be reviewed.. that or their discord.. can't recall as its been a while since i had to post one.

1 minute ago, kesryth said:

Haven't had any issues myself so far with these mods, so while they could cause crashes, not guaranteed they will.

You have one big problem though and that is this:

The install instructions for Buffout cover this issue, so you should have that disabled (Set to FALSE) in the buffout config file as it can cause serious problems as you basically have two memory heap managers running at the same time which can cause conflicts.

For the rest of the log, I believe the Buffout makers suggest posting it to the forum for the mod, so it can be reviewed.. that or their discord.. can't recall as its been a while since i had to post one.

Yeah I already took care of that, I also the IsHolsterVisibleOnNPCs to 0 and so far I am crashing less.  Last crash seemed to be caused by Ivy so not sure on that one