Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.2.9 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

Reworking a few pics for armors

Spoiler

All praise Atom

Photo375.jpg.0c04edfd01736194fe00372f0cb5b869.jpg

Combat gear Black base coat with added camo layer

Photo372.jpg.9120ff5a34c6b16171f9ed92eb193e99.jpg

Ready for take-off

Photo370.jpg.953399212c991bb5deaa25af2ce77952.jpg

I like the shorts Shopping outfit

Photo356.jpg.0088d85131eb120ff005b24827597fff.jpg

Entrance to the quarters of visiting merchants

Spoiler

Photo359.jpg.a6f27d2a2bbe5ac7c819e3d7ff645dd2.jpg

Working roof access

Spoiler

Photo366.jpg.0b724b8ff421a8247e99411fa137cb7c.jpg

Edited by Aylis

Last update

Updating Status to '3.1.3'

Yes, page #1 was also updated.

Integrating ECO, modular clothing and adding details.

Mods to RERUN

Bashed Patch

Removed mods:

Spoiler

Foundation

Professional Ammo Crafting (P.A.C)                                             Included in ECO

Pine Forest Redone                                                                      Introduced too many overlaps

Plants and Herbs Revamped                                                        Redundant

Textures

Phoenix Lab Full Magazine Retexture                                          Not needed anymore

NPC

The Machine And Her                                                                  Too many bugs, some can even lead to CTD

Armor

Tactical Fast Helmet                                                                      Clipping hair.

Override

Legendary Modification                                                               Included in ECO

Extreme Particles Overhaul 3.0                                                     Gets replaced by a better mod

Extreme Particles Overhaul 3.0 - Freezing Fix                              Not needed anymore

Extreme Particles Overhaul No Impact Smoke                                            '' 

World

Drumlin Diner                                                                              This conflicts with 'Hunkered Down'

Immersive South Boston Military Checkpoint                                                        ''

Building

MW Sentry Turret                                                                        Gets replaced by a better mod

Settlement Defence Systems                                                                                ''

Patches and Fixes

Companion Heal Thyself                                                         Hassle to get the mod (and then i usually forget to use it anyway)

ADDED mods:

Spoiler

Textures

New Bottle Caps Tin                                                                     Optional textures

Classic Wasteland Survival Guide - Magazine Retexture                            ''

PC

Render Tattoos                                                                             Just a fantastic mod if you like tattoos

NPC

Classic Brahmin Replacer                                                              Optional replacer

Synthetic Variations                                                                       Filling the gap between gen 2 and gen 3 synths

Armor

D98R Tac Light                                                                               Replacing the Pip-Boy as a light source

Atom Girl Outfit CBBE                                                                   Modular outfit

Atom Girl Fishnet with Weave option                                           Adds ballistic weave

Atom Girl Outfit and Skin Override - FG Bodyslide Files               Preset

Eli's Armour Compendium - Fusion Girl 1.80 Conversion             Redownload and install it if you use an older version.

Commonwealth Shorts                                                                  Outfit which will also appear on NPC.

Commonwealth Shorts - Fusion Girl Bodyslide Files                     Preset

Just Another Piper Outfit - FG Bodyslide                                           ''

K9 Harness - Tactical Body Armor and Backpack for Dogmeat     Our friend needs some armor too.

K9 Harness Bandana Fix                                                                Bugfix

West Tek Tactical Optics                                                                 Readding an old familiar mod.

Tactical Accessory Compendium (TAC)                                          Replacing the old helmet. No clipping hair.

Sound

Combat Comments                                                                      Optional comments 

Sievert radiation Sound                                                                Optional real geiger counter sounds

Override

Comic Collector                                                                            Optional file to be able to fill all our shelves with comics.

Real Comics                                                                                  Optional file with readable comics. Big filesize!

Dogmeat renamed to Rex                                                            For those who don't like the name 'Dogmeat'.

Building

Canned Food Crafting                                                                   I don't think that travelling for days with raw meat is a good idea.

Fallout 3 Workshop Furniture                                                        Expands our options

Holotape Display Shelves                                                              You have no idea how much i wanted something like this!

Standalone Workbenches                                                              I really missed those

Patches

Camo Combat Armor NO palette                                                 Gives us a nice camouflage pattern

Weather and Lighting

Radiant Clouds and Fogs                                                              Old but still the best imo

Surface Clouds Changer                                                               Detail improvement

Radiation Removers                                                                      I recommend to only use the one for weather.

Burst Impact Blast FX                                                             Replaces a few mods and patches

Armor and Weapons Override

Paint Me                                                                                        Allows you to select the base paint of your combat armor.

M60 Light Machinegun                                                                A step down from the heavier weapons

Scripted Leveled List Injection for M60 

Machineguns Rebirth (Video                                                     Replacing 'MW Sentry Turret' and 'Settlement Defence Systems'

Equipment and Crafting Overhaul (ECO)                                      Better AWKCR

ECO Patch Archive                                                                        Combining patches for ECO

Spoiler

We need the following patches

CROSS Brotherhood Recon

CROSS Chosen of Atom

CROSS Courser Strigidae

Eli's Armour Compendium

ECO_CROSSInstituteExpeditionarySuit

?Merge it into the 'ECO Patch Archive'.

ECO_CROSSMojaveManhunter

ECO_CROSSVertbirdFlightsuit

ECO_TheKiteHandmaidenVanillaWB

ECO Patches for Look at Me

Spoiler

We need the patches for (i recommend to merge them)

Institute edition

Railroad edition

Triggermen edition

ECO - Standalone Workbenches

Subgroup: CC ECO Patches

Spoiler

Get the following patches for the CC only if you actually use the mods (check if you need another patch for the CC too)

CC Modular Military Backpack - ECO Patch

CC Noir Penthouse - ECO Patch

ECO_CCSlocumCoffeeDonut

Final

Miami Misadventures - Episode 1                                                Very good teaser for things to come.

Miami Misadventure Compact SMG Retexture                            Up to you what you use

Hunkered Down - Commonwealth Overhaul                               A bit realism

Welcome to Fallon's - Revisited                                                    Nice optional improvement

Start-Me-Up - Starlight Drive-In                                                   My take on that location.

Uploads

Updated 'Aylis Character Pack for FG' 

Spoiler

AFG - Atom Girl

AFG - Piper

AFG - Shorts

Uploaded 'Start-Me-Up - Starlight Drive-In'.

Edited by Aylis
  • Aylis changed the title to Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.1.3 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)
On 2/11/2022 at 8:26 PM, Aylis said:

'Hunkered Down - Commonwealth Overhaul' is a very nice rework of some locations that adds believable changes for realism. But, unless i find a way to change the entry, we loose 'Drumlin Diner' for that. Over all still worth it.

@Aylis If you are interested in it, I ran through the instructions provided by the OA (Here) of Hunkered Down and removed the Drumlin Diner edits.. so not hunkered down, but i kind of prefer the look of the drumlin mod over the sealed version...

Modified ESP attached

<removed pending approval from OA>

Edited by kesryth

@kesryth in doing more testing, i do not lose the ability to go into the perk chart immediately, i can save, exit, restart and pick my perks and continue on until i decide i need to pick perks again. it is so strange that it's an over time thing and not an immediate and constant bug on my end, i just don't know, it's smarter than i am apparently. 

@kesryth

Your armor preset works perfectly and i'll be using it for the predone files. Could you create a download for it here at LL so i can create an official link to it? That would also makes it easier for both of us should it require an update (or you got something else). 

The idea with the modified ESP is nice. But check the permissions of the mod before this causes problems.

@jaeos

Did you remove 'The machine and her'? That mod has quite a few issues (like lag and sometimes crashes in the inventory). Generally it seems to be incompatible with the newer 'FallUI' and its expansions. And, as the OA is now working for Bethesda, there will be no fixes.

@cloudmc

Yep, got that too. But as the mod is working fine i wouldn't worry about it.

Edited by Aylis
3 minutes ago, Aylis said:

@kesryth

Your armor preset works perfectly and i'll be using it for the predone files.

The idea with the modified ESP is nice. But check the permissions of the mod before this causes problems.

@jaeos

Did you remove 'The machine and her'? That mod has quite a few issues (like lag and sometimes crashes in the inventory). Generally it seems to be incompatible with the newer 'FallUI' and its expansions. And, as the OA is now working for Bethesda, there will be no fixes.

@cloudmc

Yep, got that too. But as the mod is working fine i wouldn't worry about it.

I did when i switched to a synth working for the Institute. which started last playthough. currently only lvl 10. 

1 hour ago, Aylis said:

@kesryth

Your armor preset works perfectly and i'll be using it for the predone files. Could you create a download for it here at LL so i can create an official link to it? That would also makes it easier for both of us should it require an update (or you got something else). 

Based on the first sticky post on the mod page by the OA here, I believe it is allowed/covered/permitted.

image.png.f95d58200916a1b704c26ce526330dc2.png

I took that to be permission to make the edit.

As for the preset, I can definitely look at getting it uploaded here to LL. Not done that outside the forum before so bear with me while i figure it out :)

Here you go:

Edited by kesryth
link added

@kesryth

Check the first page of the mod:

• Upload permission You are not allowed to upload this file to other sites under any circumstances
  • Modification permission You must get permission from me before you are allowed to modify my files to improve it
  • Asset use permission You must get permission from me before you are allowed to use any of the assets in this file

The small print is the reason why i'm so careful if i upload something that i modified (like the ESP i flagged as ESL).

You build something and, after placing ~200 parts, you notice that everything is off as you didn't get the distance to the other building right... ?

Edited by Aylis
8 hours ago, Aylis said:

@kesryth

Then i'm sadly out of ideas as i can't reproduce the problem. 

Updated 'Aylis Character Pack for FG' 

Reveal hidden contents

Added

AFG - Atom Girl

AFG - Piper

AFG - Shorts

I am honestly at this point thinking it is a conflict between one or two mods that happened on my install and not others, possibly because of install order, and not necessarily AAF or those in that section, and possibly pipboy related, i can do the trick about logging in and immediately opening the perks, but i cannot in power armor.  The only way to  test that is to shut off all the pipboy ui changes and roll with the stock ui and change nothing else and see if the problem persists or is suddenly gone. And it could be the ui preset i selected since the fallui page says this "Advanced Animation Framework - Full compatible for normal HUD usage. But under certain conditions with specific mods it is incompatible with the MCM Layout Editor (can cause CTD). Workaround: Disable AAF.esm as long as you edit your HUD layout with the MCM editor." Since i've never opened the mcm layout.. i wonder if it thinks it is in edit mode??

Ok, i don't have floating damage but in the spoiler for fallui under floating damage it says this

[Display]
iShadowMapResolution=4096
[MAIN]
; fHUDOpacity must be 1.00 or 1.000. Less or more "0" will cause issues (Yeah ... that's weird!)
fHUDOpacity=1.00

Mine was at 1.0000.

It may be a possible i will check out since it is just a ini edit 

edit edit

Nope still have a ctd when opening the perks, next option is to shut off fallui and see if it still does it. 

edit edit edit. 

no crash when i disable fallui with the current animations. i'll disable fallui and re-patch the rest of the animations and see if i still have issues. 

Edited by jaeos
3 hours ago, Aylis said:

@kesryth

• Upload permission You are not allowed to upload this file to other sites under any circumstances
  • Modification permission You must get permission from me before you are allowed to modify my files to improve it
  • Asset use permission You must get permission from me before you are allowed to use any of the assets in this file

The small print is the reason why i'm so careful if i upload something that i modified (like the ESP i flagged as ESL).

You build something and, after placing ~200 parts, you notice that everything is off as you didn't get the distance to the other building right... ?

That seems two-faced. On one side the author says you cannot edit my stuff.. but posts a guide on how to edit it. I call shenanigans. or ass-hattery, take your pick. But the caveat is also in the fine print.  to improve it. Lawyers have field days with hair spiltting like this. are you improving it? or just modifying it to remove unwanted assets? first is not allowed, doesn't say about the second, but is permitted by omission since a guide is posted on how to do so. I would ask the author anyways. 

6 hours ago, Aylis said:

@kesryth

Sigh.. this is what happens when you are awake for way to many hours and reading comprehension goes out the window..
I took the attachment down and will see if the author will allow it. Apologies for any issues.

That said the original instructions I linked cover how to do it on your own, and interestingly, cover the exact edit to remove the drumlin diner entry as the example.

Out of curiousity, what difficulty do people play on? Survival seems like they threw it together with more of a design thought of "make it difficult for difficult sake" and while I like some aspects (needs and healing/carry weight) i find the ammo weights to be annoying, esp considering that enemies appear to be bullet sponges. I do use SCM and GCM to help even things out a bit, but do many people play on that difficulty? Do people prefer hard/very hard/normal? What about mods like Advanced Needs 2 or Advanced Needs 76? Anyone try those on Normal/Hard/Very Hard and is it better?

Been trying to soldier through on survival, but it feels more grindy than enjoyable lately at higher levels...

13 minutes ago, kesryth said:

Out of curiousity, what difficulty do people play on? Survival seems like they threw it together with more of a design thought of "make it difficult for difficult sake" and while I like some aspects (needs and healing/carry weight) i find the ammo weights to be annoying, esp considering that enemies appear to be bullet sponges. I do use SCM and GCM to help even things out a bit, but do many people play on that difficulty? Do people prefer hard/very hard/normal? What about mods like Advanced Needs 2 or Advanced Needs 76? Anyone try those on Normal/Hard/Very Hard and is it better?

Been trying to soldier through on survival, but it feels more grindy than enjoyable lately at higher levels...

I play on the #4 setting which I believe is very hard. I use immersive FO4 mod which makes that more difficult. Even at level 47 if I step out in front of the bullets I die.  Best thing though is being able to try a different approach when I do. 

2 minutes ago, Cloud_1 said:

I play on the #4 setting which I believe is very hard. I use immersive FO4 mod which makes that more difficult. Even at level 47 if I step out in front of the bullets I die.  Best thing though is being able to try a different approach when I do. 

That mod sounds interesting, do you have a link?

Here's a question for those familiar with the Fallout games.  There are a number of groups trying to create, or recreate, entirely new locations to add onto Fallout 4.  (One exception being Nueva Mexico for FONV).  For Fallout 4, I know Miami and London are in the works and looking fantastic, and there are rumours of others.  One group, which has been leaking mods to the Nexus for a few years has been Capital Wasteland - recreating Fallout 3 with 4's engine.  So we get to play Fo3 while using FO4's engine and graphics, etc.

If these titles ever deliver, even for beta testing, is besides me interested in these DLC sized mods? 

Edited by DarthNyriss

Ah, I just remembered.  I cannot remember where I saw it, but I'll look it up.  There is a way to make power lines longer, without need for an ESP.  It's one change to an INI file.  If it does the same job, maybe that's one less ESP to deal with?

Then again, there's always the wireless power glitch.  Hmm.

Edited by DarthNyriss