Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.2.9 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

13 minutes ago, The Man of Steel said:

Anyone know how to fix the infinite loading when starting a new game?

I'm assuming you mean after you choose 'New Game', you hit enter, and either the cinematic keeps repeating or you get a black screen with the little icon on the bottom right.

Trust me when I say that bugged me for weeks.  My first suggestion is check your hard drive.  Is it constantly active.  If so, I would then think about optimising your drive.   On the other hand, if it's just sitting there looking at you and doing nothing, then here's what I did....

First I followed this list to the letter.  I could always change it later after I resolved the problem.  Now, I'm assuming that this isn't your first dance with modding, so you have F4SE and all the pre-reqs in place.  In the Left Pane of MO2, disable everything.  Then, once section at a time, enable and run.  If it's ok, enable the next section, test it, and so on.  Eventually, you'll get the infinite screen but at least you now know it's something in the last section you enabled.  Disable that section again, but re-enable the mods two or three at a time, then test.  If it passes, move on.  If not, now you've narrowed it down to only a two or three possibilities.  You get where this is going, I'm sure.

As I said I had the same problem you did and it frustrated the hell out of me.  It turned out that my copy of the alternate cinematic (the one that starts "I practice law.") was bugged.  Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't.  So I replaced the file, optimised the drive to be on the safe side and, badaboom badabing, everything works.

Which reminds me, Aylis - your Bodyslide suggestion was spot on.  The vanilla clothes one was the culprit.  But since I'm using your presets, I've removed everyone elses.  Worked like a charm.

1 hour ago, The Man of Steel said:

I'm going to assume you mean you never get to the opening movie. keep hitting space or enter until you get the loading icon in the bottom right. It's a mod starting before the actual game. I think it's aaf but have not tested it.

3 hours ago, The Man of Steel said:

By pressing [Enter] a few times ('White Screen', right?).

3 hours ago, DarthNyriss said:

Aylis, something to bring to your attention if you haven't seen it already - LookAtMe Raider Edition.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/57625

In itself very interesting. But i couldn't find FG bodyslides for it.

The icon patches are up at: Aylis Icon Patches Links in the guide have been updated.

Edited by Aylis

Thank you for the suggestions everyone, I tried the pressing enter, e, t, thing last night. Maybe I didn’t let it run long enough, I’ll try again when I get home and let the game run longer. I guess if all else fails, I’ll have to start disabling mods, I heard that the ones that try to boot up before the character creator tend to cause this often. I get the loading icon in the bottom right, but it never progresses to the opening cinematic.

Edited by The Man of Steel
1 hour ago, Aylis said:

In itself very interesting. But i couldn't find FG bodyslides for it.

It's pretty new from the upload date, so maybe soon.  There is one set of outfits I'd dearly love to convert to FG, and I'd do it myself if no one else does.  Once I learn how, of course.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13252

Serious RP bait, this one.

Edited by DarthNyriss
3 hours ago, The Man of Steel said:

Thank you for the suggestions everyone, I tried the pressing enter, e, t, thing last night. Maybe I didn’t let it run long enough, I’ll try again when I get home and let the game run longer. I guess if all else fails, I’ll have to start disabling mods, I heard that the ones that try to boot up before the character creator tend to cause this often. I get the loading icon in the bottom right, but it never progresses to the opening cinematic.

I've also read where Baka Scrapheap interferes with Buffout's memory management, so don't leave anything to chance.

6 hours ago, jaeos said:

I'm going to assume you mean you never get to the opening movie. keep hitting space or enter until you get the loading icon in the bottom right. It's a mod starting before the actual game. I think it's aaf but have not tested it.

You were right, I disabled all AAF related stuff and got through, thanks!

30 minutes ago, The Man of Steel said:

So a solution I found was deleting the Fallout 4 folder in My Documents, and it allowed my new game to start. Does anyone know what this could indicate if anything and is it safe to start a game this way?

settings. no idea what settings were deleted when you did it, but probably not a good thing since this is what mine looks like.

Spoiler

image.png.597d211c7cf6a7e5da0c66204951740d.png

When I start a new game it usually takes about 2-3 min for me to hit the enter enough times to kick off the movie. (I use the female version that uses scenes from Hidden Figures) I'm pretty sure i didn't need to spam the enter, but hell, i'm trying for that 50k key strokes on it to get my use out of it. So you may wanna restore it. and be selective of deleting stuff. any .bak can be without an issue, and it may be the talking to bethesda for the mod checker to see if you are using mods and shutting off the achievements BS they put in, that you use the achievements enabler to get around. 

Edited by jaeos
wrong screenshot used
21 minutes ago, The Man of Steel said:

You were right, I disabled all AAF related stuff and got through, thanks!

Only reason I guessed it was AAF is because of the AAF preloader ini file. which does state it makes AAF load before the game does, and they suggest turning off AAF until you are at least at the elevator out of the vault before you enable the AAF framework and associated mods. 

10 minutes ago, jaeos said:

Why do you say it will conflict with Hunkered down? I do not see a conflict listed, so i'm guessing it shows issues once you installed it.

'Hunkered Down' changes the 'Drumlin Diner' too, so, unless you got a modified version, there will be conflicts.

Edited by Aylis
16 hours ago, DarthNyriss said:

Will that happen if Drumlin Diner is loaded after Hunkered Down in the loadlist?

Usually you'll end up with overlapping objects and/or flickering textures. But CTD are also possible, for it to work is very rare (or just luck with the modlist).

Updated the link for 'Ambient Wasteland - FO4 Edition'.

@jaeos

I guess you might like this one:

Vtaw Utility Pack

Vtaw Utility Pack - Fusion Girl BodySlide

Ivy has been nagging about new stuff to play with (maybe i shouldn't have taken her along to 'Fallon's'). Checking out:

Clothes Pack 3

Clothes Pack 3 - Fusion Girl Bodyslide Files  Preset doesn't work correctly

Clothes Pack 4

Clothes Pack 4 - Fusion Girl Bodyslide Files  Preset doesn't work correctly

But now i'm off to catch some sleepingg3i09.gif.10501ce244f4bcd50a3dd5a823acd595.gif. Good night everyone and sweet dreams.

Edited by Aylis
3 hours ago, Aylis said:

Usually you'll end up with overlapping objects and/or flickering textures. But CTD are also possible, for it to work is very rare (or just luck with the modlist).

Updated the link for 'Ambient Wasteland - FO4 Edition'.

@jaeos

I guess you might like this one:

Vtaw Utility Pack

Vtaw Utility Pack - Fusion Girl BodySlide

Ivy has been nagging about new stuff to play with (maybe i shouldn't have taken her along to 'Fallon's'). Checking out:

Clothes Pack 3

Clothes Pack 3 - Fusion Girl Bodyslide Files

Clothes Pack 4

Clothes Pack 4 - Fusion Girl Bodyslide Files

But now i'm off to catch some sleepingg3i09.gif.10501ce244f4bcd50a3dd5a823acd595.gif. Good night everyone and sweet dreams.

more into this 

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/8280 i found it since it was a requirment for the A.S.I.A. mod i have since it is supposed to use the textures of that mod for the asia bot armor. and i like the red recolor

2 hours ago, CrazyOldGeezer said:

FGEP - Feral Ghouls Expansion Pack if you are going to use this might want to use this too Feral Ghouls Expansion Pack (Packed) for 2K or 4K optimized textures

Interesting....

Edit. Went to College station (just north of the cambridge police department) after putting this AND d.e.c.a.y into my LO and.. um.. did not bother finding out if they had all the equipment for AAF, but the big bruisers are hard as fuck to kill. you don't mess with them unless you have a few rockets or a lot of rounds for the minigun. 

@Aylis I would suggest decay rather than the messed up fo3 ferals (at least for me they have fo3 heads, and fo4 bodies) these all looked pretty fucked up with mold on the skin etc, i'll throw an endorsment on it.

Edited by jaeos
13 hours ago, CrazyOldGeezer said:

FGEP - Feral Ghouls Expansion Pack if you are going to use this might want to use this too Feral Ghouls Expansion Pack (Packed) for 2K or 4K optimized textures

I've seen it. The original mod uses a mix of 4K and 2K textures, this one gives you an option for 2K and the original file (in case you want to use the bigger ones again). I've decided not to use it to prevent stretched textures on the bigger ferals.

@jaeos

The ferals from FO3 will be gone with the next update. We're going to use FGEP and they really start to stick out. I'd rather have a consistant look when it comes to them and other creatures.

WTH is 'Decay'? Can't find that mod.

Funny, but i don't think i should add it: Driveables of the Commonwealth - Pack Rat It uses the same AI as our 'Dogmeat' which could be problematic.

Checking out '[KB-47] Modern Vehicles'. This adds decorative cars and could be interesting. If it contains vehicles from 'Fallout Tactics' it would even be lore friendly. Some are very nice, others not so much. But some placements in the world don't work well and there's nothing to build in the settlement.

Edited by Aylis
34 minutes ago, Aylis said:

I've seen it. The original mod uses a mix of 4K and 2K textures, this one gives you an option for 2K and the original file (in case you want to use the bigger ones again). I've decided not to use it to prevent stretched textures on the bigger ferals.

@jaeos

The ferals from FO3 will be gone with the next update. We're going to use FGEP and they really start to stick out. I'd rather have a consistant look when it comes to them and other creatures.

WTH is 'Decay'? Can't find that mod.

Funny, but i don't think i should add it: Driveables of the Commonwealth - Pack Rat It uses the same AI as our 'Dogmeat' which could be problematic.

Checking out '[KB-47] Modern Vehicles'. This adds decorative cars and could be interesting. If it contains vehicles from 'Fallout Tactics' it would even be lore friendly.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2500

d.e.c.a.y is how you find it on nexus.

@jaeos

Ah, got it. Hmmm, i don't think it really fits. With it they remind me too much of old rotting zombies.

I really wish Bethesda would have kept the look of the ferals closer to 'normal', just crazy, ghouls (perhaps sort of 'mummified' for really old ones).

Sadly the mod for the cars doesn't work out. Placement is sometimes strange, the trucks don't fit, way too many police cars and nothing to build in the settlement. Add to that the missing source page and its size and it becomes a 'no-way-i'll-add-it'.

'Ashara Underarmor' got no preset for FG. So that one is out as well.

'FTOM' and 'FTOR' are next on my list. 

'Reactor ENB' released a 'WTTO Patch' and, for those who can use it, 'Buzzbites Patch for CC Coffee and Donuts Workshop Pack' will be added as well.

'20mm Vulcan Rounds for Machineguns Rebirth' got an update and is now useful.

Added more entries in the guide that can be flagged as ESL. Reminder: this needs an update too