Fallout IV for Beginners - V3.2.9 (Fusion Girl / Bodytalk)

EDIT READ THIS FIRST, IM KEEPING THIS HERE BUT THERE ARE FIXES BELOW FOR MOST OF IT:

I have fixed these issues and they 100% were my mis-installation/Fallout 4 being a much less stable game than Skyrim. The short answer is ESLify. Will de a follow up post below but ESL ya mods guys. Fallout 4 crashes start at 230+ ESPs and ramp exponentially from there (to 50/50 at 240) and 95 at 245+

After doing a full install and getting this to consistently run without... most CTDs I gotta say this is outrageously unstable compared to the Skyrim guide. This guide still has a large amount of texture issues and some CTDs after a lot of debug getting it to work. So far I've installed everything that works other than all LL related mods as I wanted to see how this performs as a base. Gotta say, we might need a new guide or a rework unless someone else has had success. Notes on getting to mostly function for me are here.

Note: I had a TON of issues getting the Weapons and Armor section to work. Mods that are not reported as breaking anyone's game totally brick mine for some reason. I suspect its something to do with one of the previous larger mods that only starts causing issues once Weapons are modified as this was a problem in the Skyrim version with a UI mod being the cause. Debugging more unless anyone has an idea what could break certain stable weapon mods randomly.

Missing Files:

• Optimax All in One (Not required)
  • Nuka Recipe Book 2K Retextures (Nuka World) (Required in  Texture Section)
  • Robot Model Kit 2K Retextures and Collectible Boxes (Required in  Texture Section)
  • CWSS (Direct Link) (Building required)
  • Mannequins Replacer
  • Quest Tags - FIS
  • JUST NEW FEMALE ANIMATIONS 
  • Gepard GM6 Lynx - TR
  • HK USP - Armament Patch
  • Armament Expansion for ECO

Maybe Missing:

• CROSS Courser Strigidae for FG (Direct Link) - Link dead, discord link possibly live
  • CROSS Institute Expeditionary Suit for FG (Direct Link)
  • [Bodyslide] CROSS Vertibird Flightsuit for FG (Direct Link) 

Kinda missing:

• Female Sexy Sitting and Standing Animation Replacer (found direct link on google)

Order changes:

• Perfect Landscape moved above Plants overhaul, overridden mods there completely
  • Vanilla Reanimation Project - Combat Rifle (Shotgun) TR - Looks like two were updated and merged into one
  • Grab IKAROS patches from Armor and move to patches if using IKAROS

Skipped: 

• Pickman has talent - replacing anyway
  • Swinging Meat bag - Marked as optional and not???

Unsure if correct version/discord troubles:

• Side Aim Framework - discord
  • SIG MCX Spear NGSW - Side Aim Patch
  • CREAtive Clutter - All DLC - Bethesda?
  • Do It Yourshelf Updated - Bethesda?
  • Various Power Armor Mod and CC Light Fixes - Dead link?

CTD/Missing Texture/Animation Breaking Debug Log:

• Immersive Candles: Intermittent CTD and all of Goodneighbor/Concord to disappear, with patch and without
  • Post-apocalyptic homemade weapons: Replacer causes CTD
  • Caravan Shotgun: causing CTD (lots of issues noted on nexus)
  • Peacekeeper: causing CTD

Mods that are unstable and cause issues some of the time?

• Cazador Missile Launcher: sometimes causes T-Posing for all chars
  • RPG-7V2: Sometimes causes T-Posing for all chars
  • AUG Tac Reload: Sometimes causes CTD
  • Mcmillian C55: sometimes causes infinite loading
  • Wattz Lazer Gunsometimes causes CTD 

Oh and one last thing: The PC section and Fusion girl straight up doesn't work for me. The female characters have an overlay to high poly head I cant get rid of that makes them look... very uncanny valley. The body has strange dark lines going through it. I've tried a dozen combinations, setups, and reinstalls of all the body and head related mods. Messing with them causes rust face/missing body, leaving all in is.... horrible looking. Something is very broken with the PC section. Going to rework it all myself likely with CBBE + Physics mod and redo all the armors. Will post resulting load order once working

Update: After spawning all new weapons to test I found that only vanilla based weapons appear in game, new adds are both invisible and dont function. Something early in the load order is definitely overriding weapon behavior (likely causing all the CTDs I saw above). Working to find root cause on that and retest weapon section

Edited by xxxstupidfastxxx

Thanks for the guide, was a good starting point for me. The new X-SENSUOUS skins might be worth adding, has a female and male version.

Some issues I stumbled over and might be worth adding to the troubleshooting section:
- Brown face can be caused by using mismatched resolution for any texture affecting the face (brows and stuff too, not just skin)

- Stuttering can come from unpacked textures

- Perhaps a warning about mods generally considered outdated/cursed

5 hours ago, DarthNyriss said:

Haven't been around a while - is the list still stable?

Will have to rework a few things.

But this will take a while as i've just got released from hospital (5 months there, 9 OP, and still shaky on my legs).

1 hour ago, Aylis said:

But this will take a while as i've just got released from hospital (5 months there, 9 OP, and still shaky on my legs).

Please take care of yourself, Aylis. Know that this is an amazing list and resource. Similar to the user xxxstupidfastxxx, I am having a lot of issues with the pc coloration and the weapons override section. All seems pretty good until I get to AER15 Modern Laser Rifle and all the mods after it. Luckily I still have a lot of the mods from this list when I downloaded months ago, but many seem outdated. I look forward to your return and work, but take care of you first. 

I'm back after a week of debug! Hoping Aylis is feeling better and in the meantime I'll do my best to keep yall somewhat updated. I have everything (somewhat) stable and loading correctly right now. Only major thing left is getting Vagina/Penis collisions working, but I'm not sure if that's even possible from reading around this forum for AAF. Can anyone confirm vagina physics work on AAF?

Updated notes

Major Fixes:
All of this will only work with the un-updated version (March 2024) of the game. Current version is completely broken
even with no mods, so find the downloads to the old version and follow nexus guide to keep steam from updating

For those who are running into issues with Weapons/Armor sections beginning to crash/no animations/missing textures
Fallout 4 has an ESP limit of 255, but becomes increasingly unstable after 230 (.1% crashes), 240 (50/50), 245+ (90+%)
The fix is to ESL as many mods as you can. See the mod ESLify for help with this, or the youtube video linked below.
I would run ESLify after about halfway done with the list and then re-run it once you hit the AAF installation or anytime above 220 ESPs

For those with missing textures on NPCs, check the current list of required.
For skin issues, if the mod has mesh/texture, paste in the face/body textures and body meshes from the main mods you use for your game 
and override the files in the mods folders. You need to rename them if they have custom names.

For those with disappearing floors/ground/buildings
FO4 is buggy as hell and will try and pre-load culled items, so this needs to be disabled when using placement mods
Add/change this line to your Fallout4 ini
bUsePreCulledObjects=0

For Fusion Girl, this list is 100% functional, but download the version in the AAF guide and follow that
For CBBE/3BBB its totally diffent. Follow these guides here, and make sure DFS.esp loads at end of load order.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/articles/3703
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/articles/3719
Confirms this works for 3BBB + Zex for Bodytalk 3 with latest everything and AAF animations work fine.

Installation of this list notes

CTD/Missing Texture/Broken Animations:

• Immersive Candles causes CTD and all of goodneighbor/converse to disappear, with patch and without

Missing Files from modlist:

• Optimax All in One (Not required)
  • Nuka Recipe Book 2K Retextures (Nuka World) (Required in  Texture Section)
  • Robot Model Kit 2K Retextures and Collectible Boxes (Required in  Texture Section)
  • CWSS (Direct Link) (Building required)
  • Mannequins Replacer
  • Quest Tags - FIS
  • JUST NEW FEMALE ANIMATIONS 
  • Gepard GM6 Lynx - TR
  • HK USP - Armament Patch
  • Armament Expansion for ECO

Maybe Missing:

• CROSS Courser Strigidae for FG (Direct Link) - Link dead, discord link possibly live
  • CROSS Institute Expeditionary Suit for FG (Direct Link)
  • [Bodyslide] CROSS Vertibird Flightsuit for FG (Direct Link) 

Kinda missing:

• Female Sexy Sitting and Standing Animation Replacer (found direct link on google)

Order changes:

• Perfect Landscape moved above Plants overhaul, overridden mods there completely
  • Vanilla Reanimation Project - Combat Rifle (Shotgun) TR - Looks like two were updated and merged into one
  • Grab IKAROS patches from Armor and move to patches if using IKAROS

Skipped: 

• Pickman has talent - replacing anyway
  • Organized vendors - harder
  • Swinging Meat bag - Marked as optional and not???
  • CREAtive Clutter - All DLC - Bethesda
  • Do It Yourshelf Updated - Bethesda
  • Various Power Armor Mod and CC Light Fixes - Missing
Edited by xxxstupidfastxxx
1 hour ago, xxxstupidfastxxx said:

I'm back after a week of debug! Hoping Aylis is feeling better and in the meantime I'll do my best to keep yall somewhat updated. I have everything (somewhat) stable and loading correctly right now. Only major thing left is getting Vagina/Penis collisions working, but I'm not sure if that's even possible from reading around this forum for AAF. Can anyone confirm vagina physics work on AAF?

The vag/penis animation and collision behaviors/availability for AAF animations are dictated by the animation itself.  So some animations will have collisions available, and some will not.  It's also limited to having a body with the function available (like FG).

14 minutes ago, Bigglsby said:

The vag/penis animation and collision behaviors/availability for AAF animations are dictated by the animation itself.  So some animations will have collisions available, and some will not.  It's also limited to having a body with the function available (like FG).

Interesting, will that be listed on the animation pack itself then? Want to test out the differences between FG/3BBB fully. Going to create an optional 3BBB guide with armor/clothes conversions linked too but havent decided which I'm using in my playthrough yet. Been busy figuring out FO4 vs Skyrim modding and debug.

AFAIK that's technically not "collisions" but just direct manipulation of FG's vagina bones in the animations themselves.

1 minute ago, xxxstupidfastxxx said:

Interesting, will that be listed on the animation pack itself then? Want to test out the differences between FG/3BBB fully. Going to create an optional 3BBB guide with armor/clothes conversions linked too but havent decided which I'm using in my playthrough yet. Been busy figuring out FO4 vs Skyrim modding and debug.

Not directly listed, but generally if an animation pack states that the Fusion Girl body or ZeX Skeleton is recommended, then that suggests that at least some bones specific to it are used in at least some of those animations.

4 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

AFAIK that's technically not "collisions" but just direct manipulation of FG's vagina bones in the animations themselves.

Ah, so directly/manually animated as opposed to actual physics response. 

Ah, so directly/manually animated as opposed to actual physics response. 

Right. Indarello made a variation of FG at one point which added collision physics to the holes, but I don't think it got a lot of use. In general, collision physics in Fallout 4 are too coarse-grained to look great (one reason I personally stick to OCBP instead of OCBPC), but also for most sexual positions you're not going to notice animated vajizzle anyway unless you're unrealistically clipping the camera into bodies.

Edit: Oh, also I think there was a brief few seconds where FG officially had physics bones for its vag (1.81 maybe?) but it got quickly rolled back because new bones meant lots of stuff needed re-converting and everyone had fatigue from all the bone churn leading up to 1.75.

Edited by vaultbait

I've just read that the new update for FO4 causes quite a few (gamebreaking) bugs.

There are so many issues that it even ended up as news for the TV series (which btw. is very good).

From what I've read, the big issue is that F4SE and UFO4 haven't been updated yet. Theres also lots of misinformation out there (a number of the 'new' bugs being reported are in fact 'bugs that already existed', although there are some new ones (UI stuff for example), but some people seem to have forgotten just how many bugs already existed and had been patched via mods).

Hi

I installed this list a couple of days ago, it seems to be running fine apart from entering Power Armor. Every time I enter Power Armor the game crashes, I have tried disabling all the Power Armor related mods, the crash happens when it goes to the Power Armor HUD.

any help would be great thanks.

crash-2024-04-27-23-31-02.log

Edit - Ok so I'm not sure why I didn't try before but entering the Power Armor in 3rd person works, It is just 1st person crashing the game.

Edited by eyeless_1983
On 4/26/2024 at 8:07 PM, Aylis said:

My god, I had no idea!  If I'd known....I just hope that whatever put you there is over and done with.  My longest stay in a hospital was 3 months, and I was going stir-crazy.  And 9???  Aylis, I've never asked what was wrong because I didn't want to invade your privacy, and I still don't.  I like you and have enormous respect for you, and I hope you stay around a long, long time  - OUT of hospital.

11 hours ago, snuffyluffy said:

This is my first time creating a Wryebash patch. When completed, I'm noticing some of my plugins are no longer activated in the plugins window. Should I activate them again? 

Wrye will usually merge some plugins into itself, they should be fine, when creating a bash patch it should be one of the first in effect pages it shows you saying that it was going to merge these plugins and they should be disabled.  It should be fine, but best bet is to check and make sure that non of them are master files for something else, it should not merge plugins that are in effect master files for something else but well, we all know just how odd tools for this game and the game itself can be at times.

On 4/19/2024 at 12:40 AM, misterpipes said:

I just came back to FO4 for the first time since upgrading my computer, A set of upgrades that saw my Skyrim perfomance rocket. I dunno what the difference between Skyrim and FO4 is, but those same upgrades saw FO4 performance plummet. We're talking 'stutters' that could last upwards of 10 seconds, and FPS drops to 0, while running loops around the outside of Diamon City. Joy.
Now @Bigglsby already pointed you in the right direction (loose textures, especially Natural Faces) and I'm going to expand upon this with 1: a tool to indentify loose texture culprits, 2: a tool to help fix those culprits, and 3: a way to fix the inevitable problems these fixes will cause (a big welcome back to rusty face in 2024).

TL:DR: use procmon to find offending mods, use CAO to pack the offenders up, resolve overwrite conflicts for fun and profit (and improved performance).

Wall of text time:

1: Ideally you have a second monitor to run this on, so you can watch output in real time. The tool is Process Monitor (from Microsoft). Run it with procmon filtering on Process Name fallout4.exe and Path contains dds, and optionally Path contains ba2. You also might want to turn on the Duration column, just to see how much time each read is taking. Make sure autoscroll is on. Now launch FO4 and run around your laggy locations. Every time you stutter or freeze, look over to procmon, which will tell you the path to the files being read. The real path, with the mod name included, not the uvfs path. Very helpful.
If your results are like mine, the big cuplrits here will be: Natural Faces (unless you have already replaced its loose files version with the ba2 version), then which ever female skin you are using (cridow or darling), then Hairy Men. And if your testing is in/near Diamond City, probably DC Guard Amour.

2: Thanks to a comment by Cridow on thier Darling Skin page (which made me go 'Oh, yeah, thats a tool that exists'), we can fix this without having to bugger about with Creation Kit. So download and extract (it isn't a mod install, so don't try to install it via MO2) Cathedral Assets Optimizer from the Skyrim SE nexus (it will work fine with FO4 for the purpose we want it). For this example we're doing DC Guard Armour, you'll understand why later.
Run Cathedral_Assets_Optimizer.exe. Set the profile to FO4. Click 'Open Directory' and browse to where ever MO2 has installed DC Guard Armour (for me that was E:/Games/MO2/Fallout 4 - Fusion Girl/mods/DC Guard Armor 4K). On the BSA tab, tick Create BSA, Create dummy plugins, Allow compression, and Separate textures BSA. Delete souce files is your choice. but if you don't, make sure you either delete them manually, or hide them with MO2's hide feature. Click Run. Once CAO is done, you'll find a ba2 file and a (ESLified) ESP file in your DC Guard Armour directory. Click MO2's refresh button, and the esp file will appear in the plugins list. Activate it and drag it to an appropriate postion in the plug in list (just before CROSS_CourserStrigidae.esp should be roughtly the right place).
And we done. DC Guard Armour's textures will now load 2 to 3 orders of magnitude faster (seriously, what is with that speed difference?). Now all we need to do is repeat for the other offending mods? Right? Well....

3: The inevitable unwelcome return of the rusty face, 2024 edition, and other exciting things. Yay.

DC Guard Armour is simple. It only overwrites textures from the main FO4 textures, and isn't overwritten by anything else. And that is not true of face and skin mods. I'm going to start with Bodytalk 3/Hairy Men because that is the simpler of the two skins. Both Bodytalk and Hairy Men both have loose textures. Bodytalk overwrites textures from FO4, Hairy Men overwrites textures from Bodytalk.

There are two approaches. One is to use CAO to create texture BA2 and esp files for both mods then make sure that they are loading in the correct order in MO2. But I'm not entirely convinced that FO4 is fully respecting load orders with ESLified ESP files and BA2 archives.

The second approach is to manually resolve the conflicts between Bodytalk and Hairy Men. To do this, we create an empty mod in MO2 (right click -> All Mods -> Create empty mod above). I called mine 'Male Textures Packed'. Open this new empty mod in Windows Explorer, and then open Bodytalk in another Explorer window. Copy the Textures directory from Bodytalk to the new mod, then delete or rename the Bodytalk textures folder (helpful hint: renaming it to Textures.mohidden allows MO2 to display mods with hidden files). Now open Hairy Men in Explorer. Copy its textures folder into your new mod. And when Windows asks if you want to overwrite files, you say yes. Now delete/rename the Hairy Men textures directory. We have successfully resolved the conlicts between Bodytalk and Hairy Men. So now you can CAO to create a textures ba2 file and esp plugin and then delete/rename the textures directory then position the esp somewhere in your plugin list (just after looksmenu.esp worked for me).
And so we arrive at female skins. I recommend using Natural Faces 2k's ba2 version over the loose files version and loading it before the 'Female Textures Packed' mod (or whatever you call your version). The process is the same as the Bodytalk/Hairy Men packing above. The mods to copy textures from are (in order) FusionGirl, HiPoly Faces Redux (seamless kit 2k compatibilty) (if using the current HiPoly faces) Natural Face textures (if you aren't using the BA2 version), then either Darling Skin (for Darling Skin users) or Cridowskin, Cridowskin Face gen, and Cridowskin Fusion Girl patch (for Cridowskin users). Run CAO, delete/rename the various texture directories, and position the new esp files (due to size, CAO created two texture BA2s and two ESPs) after Natural2kFaceTexturesAllInOne.esp, HiPolyFaces.esp and FusionGirl.esp.
Quick note here, I'm using the latest HiPolyFaces, which comes with an optional Seamless Kit 2k Detailed. Don't use it, I was never able to figure out the white neck issue. The Seamless Kit 2k compatibilty works fine.

If all has gone well, you should now be able to run FO4, without rusty faces, and with some performance gains (I can now run circles around Diamond City with only a couple of microstutters and an average framerate of about 120 FPS.

If you happen to be using Eli's Armor Compendium, thats another target for CAO to pack into BA2 files, Just don't hide the tools directory, and because it comes with its own ESP file, it won't create a new ESP.

Hopefully from this you should be able to diagnose other issues similar to this and fix them yourselves.

Honourable mentions:

Sysinternals (for tools I have been using for years professionally, including procmon)
Cridow (for mentioning CAO)
Gka1 (for creating CAO)

I'm asking here as it's the only place I have seen people mention the stuttering caused by darling skin, and when I tried to compress it to a BA2 it breaks the skin. I'm not sure what else to try or why this is happening. I used Cathedral Assets Optimizer but this is the best result i have been able to get. its like the skin stops working on the body but keeps working on the face

is a BA2.jpg

not a BA2.jpg

On 4/30/2024 at 2:53 AM, Varithina said:

Wrye will usually merge some plugins into itself, they should be fine, when creating a bash patch it should be one of the first in effect pages it shows you saying that it was going to merge these plugins and they should be disabled.  It should be fine, but best bet is to check and make sure that non of them are master files for something else, it should not merge plugins that are in effect master files for something else but well, we all know just how odd tools for this game and the game itself can be at times.

Thank you! I sort of found the answer here too- Old Nexus Post

On 4/30/2024 at 2:44 PM, Aylis said:

Glad to have you back! Once I get my current list built I'll give that VRAMr a run, might as well put this overbuilt system to work. XD

also something to maybe take a peak at You And What Army 2

Edited by Mindgames265