AAF and Installation guides!!!

Omg guys you see they finally upgraded Advanced Needs for the RSE II TODAY?! Oh I am soooo excited!!

(Sorry I haven't replied back yet, I've been so busy all of a sudden with a new kitten, and then early this morning we found out he's sick. Like a month to a year life expectancy kinda sick)

I just downloaded Violate last night, I am so excited to use it and hopefully get over losing the use of my damn gun after *every* *freakin* assault! I should probably go into my game to check if there's an uninstall button in MCM right? That is ... something I forget to do /a lot/..

Another problem I'm having is my active plugins are constantly on feckin 255, is there anything I can do? I tried combining mods and I guess I did it wrong? I have begrudgingly had to uninstall my outfits one by one. Also anytime I try to use one of those .. esl (?) files it adds to the limit? I've tried reading about that but unfortunately I feel like it all goes over my head. When I left them unchecked obviously it didn't do anything. I've been really embarrassed asking about this because I'm sure it's a stupid af question heh

Also I have been terrified of using Vortex. I've seen so many people post about how it messed up their mods and made their game unstable. I installed it briefly to help a friend who was wanting to use it for another game and omg they said it was supposed to make modding easier?? They added sooo much sh*t to it! NMM is just mods and plugins and a little button on the right to choose which game you want to play. I mean I was only on it for a little bit, but it seemed really busy and kind of distracting lol. I tried using MO for Skyrim and I felt like MO went over my head too. I guess I'll die on my NMM hill haha

22 hours ago, PanicLedisko said:

Omg guys you see they finally upgraded Advanced Needs for the RSE II TODAY?! Oh I am soooo excited!!

There is no 'they', only a 'he'. Single developer for RSE mods, since they first came out almost 1.5 years ago. Never been anyone but me, all alone. ;)

Oh and enjoy it!

18 hours ago, Flashy (JoeR) said:

There is no 'they', only a 'he'. Single developer for RSE mods, since they first came out almost 1.5 years ago. Never been anyone but me, all alone. ;)

Oh and enjoy it!

Oh sorry, I meant they as in I didn't know your gender. I have been a huge fan of all your mods man, they are **absolutely** AMAZING, thank you so so much for all your hard work!! Can't have a save without them. I wish I knew stuff about coding, because I wish I could help you and make some mods of my own maybe. I think it would be fun to do voice acting stuff too, especially since usually all mod lines are silent haha

The proliferation of XML patches was unexpected. I always thought that people would privately send this type of thing to animation authors and they would update their mods to use the best XML/options.

Given that that has not happened, my advice is to simply stop using all these patches (with a few exceptions). Would you patch any other software from random threads?

The exceptions I see are:

1. When a direct source mod (like Leito's pack) specifically requires a patch and points out which one to use.
  2. And/or if there is one very active and responsive patch-maker. In other words, someone making a project of it and maintaining it in response to bugs, etc.

Don't try to install a dozen add-ons and patches at the same time. If you do and it doesn't work, remove them and try adding the same things piece by piece and testing each. Then you can at least discover which one introduces a problem.

On 7/1/2019 at 2:55 PM, PanicLedisko said:

Another problem I'm having is my active plugins are constantly on feckin 255, is there anything I can do? I tried combining mods and I guess I did it wrong? I have begrudgingly had to uninstall my outfits one by one. Also anytime I try to use one of those .. esl (?) files it adds to the limit? I've tried reading about that but unfortunately I feel like it all goes over my head. When I left them unchecked obviously it didn't do anything. I've been really embarrassed asking about this because I'm sure it's a stupid af question heh

The only thing to do there is remove some mods that use a esp, ive had to remove alot of clothing mods and some misc ones as well to stay at the 250 limit.

Small AAF woes update!

Still having issues with the hipshake dance animation not loading correctly cant seem to get answer on it so relating my install info for AAF will wait till i get that resolved plus i seem to have a issue with mutant dogs not violating my character so,  i am still trying work the bugs to this install process for AAF.

2 hours ago, Mistress Jade said:

Small AAF woes update!

Still having issues with the hipshake dance animation not loading correctly cant seem to get answer on it so relating my install info for AAF will wait till i get that resolved plus i seem to have a issue with mutant dogs not violating my character so,  i am still trying work the bugs to this install process for AAF.

double check to be sure you have themes.

Try using the wizard to find those animations to be sure that 1) they are there and available and 2) they are able to function properly. that is the first step to do before trying to see why the mods aren't working properly.

2 hours ago, RitualClarity said:

double check to be sure you have themes.

Try using the wizard to find those animations to be sure that 1) they are there and available and 2) they are able to function properly. that is the first step to do before trying to see why the mods aren't working properly.

I have themes installed and 99% of my AAF install works. the only ones that dont work is the dance animations, the ones that have hipshake in the name.

2 minutes ago, Mistress Jade said:

I have themes installed and 99% of my AAF install works. the only ones that dont work is the dance animations, the ones that have hipshake in the name.

Even with using the wizard ?  If so, are you positive you have it installed? If so, please try reinstalling it just in case it is somehow messed up. 
If these don't help.. then I'd suggest poping over to Discord support and/or AAF main thread as all the bases seem covered.

Oh, are you sure the actual animations have "hipshake" in the name? (when called)

6 hours ago, Mistress Jade said:

@Karna5 had/has had issues with that animation recently as well.

Re-install the Themes, and do not install the Stats section.
Quite WIP, and still being worked on.

On 7/3/2019 at 7:28 PM, Mistress Jade said:

The only thing to do there is remove some mods that use a esp, ive had to remove alot of clothing mods and some misc ones as well to stay at the 250 limit.

Haha okay FHEW, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one that was constantly teetering on that 255 limit haha. That makes me feel a lot better!! I thought those esls were supposed to be the way of the future, and to take a bit of the load off heh.

On 7/3/2019 at 6:28 PM, Mistress Jade said:

Have you tried instead to combine those clothing mods (assuming that is all they have in there) and non scripted misc ones into one mod?  That is how some keep below the plug in limit. However, if the mods you do use have loads of scripts and or records you might not benefit. I have a link to Plug in Limit discussion. It is a bit old and not related to Fallout 4 (being a 64bit game as opposed to 32 and other changes) but might be a nice read on the subject if you so desired and had time.

1 hour ago, RitualClarity said:

Have you tried instead to combine those clothing mods (assuming that is all they have in there) and non scripted misc ones into one mod?  That is how some keep below the plug in limit. However, if the mods you do use have loads of scripts and or records you might not benefit. I have a link to Plug in Limit discussion. It is a bit old and not related to Fallout 4 (being a 64bit game as opposed to 32 and other changes) but might be a nice read on the subject if you so desired and had time.

Thats a solid idea but i can live without the clothing mods till i get AAF straightened out.

26 minutes ago, Mistress Jade said:

Thats a solid idea but i can live without the clothing mods till i get AAF straightened out.

and rightfully so.  To many records and "activity" going on with mods can also cause troubles not related to the mod in question.  Have seen that in the past.  Experienced it as well. 

It seem as if your issue has been experienced by others and it is one of the mods added to AAF that is the cause :( however, you might have a solution to your issue now. Well best wishes on your solution. I have done all I know how to do

On 7/4/2019 at 10:22 PM, RitualClarity said:

and rightfully so.  To many records and "activity" going on with mods can also cause troubles not related to the mod in question.  Have seen that in the past.  Experienced it as well. 

It seem as if your issue has been experienced by others and it is one of the mods added to AAF that is the cause :( however, you might have a solution to your issue now. Well best wishes on your solution. I have done all I know how to do

Thanks for your input, yeah seems Compatibility Patch is now outdated and taken down. 

On 7/4/2019 at 6:16 PM, PanicLedisko said:

Haha okay FHEW, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one that was constantly teetering on that 255 limit haha. That makes me feel a lot better!! I thought those esls were supposed to be the way of the future, and to take a bit of the load off heh.

That dosent mean you cant combine the clothing mods into a single esp, i personally have NEVER done this so i cant say how or even provide a link to that info. RitualClarity suggested such a thing to me in a previous post. I am sure you can get that info here on loverslab. when i get around to it ill post info but its not gonna happen soon.

50 minutes ago, Mistress Jade said:

That dosent mean you cant combine the clothing mods into a single esp, i personally have NEVER done this so i cant say how or even provide a link to that info. RitualClarity suggested such a thing to me in a previous post. I am sure you can get that info here on loverslab. when i get around to it ill post info but its not gonna happen soon.

It's a thing..
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=merging+mods+in+fallout+4

Just be careful of what you merge to start with as you learn the process. Records (armors for example) I am told are easier. Scripts and other things much harder to get right.

Okay, wanted to post back after playing around a bit with Violate., Karma, Just Business, Family Planning Ex and some others. I seem to be getting a new bug or glitch, sorry not really sure what to call it. After a stalker comes upon me upon waking up, there's the whole couple minutes of pause, then the animation played thankfully, my problem is with my companion. He was sitting off to the side like he was handcuffed that worked perfectly, but after the scene played and was over he stayed stuck in that hands "handcuffed" position. Whenever I click on him for the command prompts instead of it listing stay as the 4th option is lists follow, but even when I click that nothing happens. If I tell him to walk somewhere he will do that, if I talk to him then and only then the 4th option is stay, but if I don't do anything he just goes back to the original spot and gets down on his knees again. This time I tried to tell him where to go then when he got there I told him to stay, when I hit stay it switched to follow but he still went running back to his spot. I'm so totally bummed, I was so super excited about not losing the use of my gun like I was when I used CSA after switching to Violate but now for some reason I'm getting this weird reaction. Also I guess I'll have to add he is not a vanilla follower... he's Buttons. I fell in love the moment I laid eyes on his nexus page. He's goofy and quirky and I can't play without him :(

Has anyone else had any problems? I guess this is a problem with Karma right? I'm kinda having a problem keeping track of which mods do what now haha. If the assaults are happening because of my naughty actions then that would make sense for it to be karma. Is there an updated version of karma like there was for CSA = Violate?

46 minutes ago, PanicLedisko said:

Okay, wanted to post back after playing around a bit with Violate., Karma, Just Business, Family Planning Ex and some others. I seem to be getting a new bug or glitch, sorry not really sure what to call it. After a stalker comes upon me upon waking up, there's the whole couple minutes of pause, then the animation played thankfully, my problem is with my companion. He was sitting off to the side like he was handcuffed that worked perfectly, but after the scene played and was over he stayed stuck in that hands "handcuffed" position. Whenever I click on him for the command prompts instead of it listing stay as the 4th option is lists follow, but even when I click that nothing happens. If I tell him to walk somewhere he will do that, if I talk to him then and only then the 4th option is stay, but if I don't do anything he just goes back to the original spot and gets down on his knees again. This time I tried to tell him where to go then when he got there I told him to stay, when I hit stay it switched to follow but he still went running back to his spot. I'm so totally bummed, I was so super excited about not losing the use of my gun like I was when I used CSA after switching to Violate but now for some reason I'm getting this weird reaction. Also I guess I'll have to add he is not a vanilla follower... he's Buttons. I fell in love the moment I laid eyes on his nexus page. He's goofy and quirky and I can't play without him :(

Has anyone else had any problems? I guess this is a problem with Karma right? I'm kinda having a problem keeping track of which mods do what now haha. If the assaults are happening because of my naughty actions then that would make sense for it to be karma. Is there an updated version of karma like there was for CSA = Violate?

I had a similar glitch, It was with Macready, My character surrendered to a group of raiders and was violated and i have it set so all companions get violated, so mac got cuffed and some ankle cuffs too, all that stuff played out fine but after when i finally got my characters cuffs off and took Mac's off as well for some reason he stayed in a bound state even though i had removed his restraints in the proper manner, taking out a weapon would allow him to move normal until i put the weapon away. only way to stop it was to load a earlier save. Not sure what updates are out for what these days sorry.  

5 hours ago, PanicLedisko said:

4 hours ago, Mistress Jade said:

I had a similar glitch, It was with Macready, My character surrendered to a group of raiders and was violated and i have it set so all companions get violated, so mac got cuffed and some ankle cuffs too, all that stuff played out fine but after when i finally got my characters cuffs off and took Mac's off as well for some reason he stayed in a bound state even though i had removed his restraints in the proper manner, taking out a weapon would allow him to move normal until i put the weapon away. only way to stop it was to load a earlier save. Not sure what updates are out for what these days sorry.  

When NPC's/PC keeps an animation like that, it's from something not registering the removal and resetting their animarchetype/state to the 'default'.
Especially tends to happen with DD, too many equipped/unequipped in rapid succession.

Reequipping then removing the item usually works. Just make sure to exit the menus between equipping and unequipping, so you can see if it's applying/removing the actual item properly.

On 7/11/2019 at 6:14 AM, Nebuchadnezzer2 said:

When NPC's/PC keeps an animation like that, it's from something not registering the removal and resetting their animarchetype/state to the 'default'.
Especially tends to happen with DD, too many equipped/unequipped in rapid succession.

Reequipping then removing the item usually works. Just make sure to exit the menus between equipping and unequipping, so you can see if it's applying/removing the actual item properly.

I don't know how to fix this. For 1, I'm not using the handcuff mod so he's not actually being bound by anything. Like as soon as my character is violated, she gets knocked in the head, wakes up and then just gets up. I don't have a button set up for getting unbound. So I would assume my follower isn't either. Also the game "put the 'cuffs'" on him not me. Do I need to have the game "put them back on", like get into another violate situation and hopefully the game will unbound my poor Buttons?

On 7/11/2019 at 1:46 AM, Mistress Jade said:

Awww man I was kinda hoping it was happening because he wasn't a vanilla follower and my other vanilla followers would be safe. The game still considers Buttons following me. Whenever I draw my weapon (I think because I have Amazing Follower Tweaks) he shows up and then he'll attack one thing and then usually starts hauling his ass off back to where he was 9~9;. Something like this happened once before with him. Another save I woke up to the karma mod I guess making my stalker assault me, my character was supposed to be in an animation with 2 men and her, I had never had a three-some work before, didn't have the animations, so it obviously didn't work. Then because it didn't work Buttons started walking off from the scene "of the crime" (lol) and just walking and walking going up these metal stairs up on top of this building. It was weird. I wonder if since there was only one stalker Buttons was supposed to take part in it. I've had my character have sex with Buttons before just fine, she even had a baby with him (I was so excited, because on his nexus page it says you're able to have a relationship with him because he already has a girlfriend). I don't know what is going on with poor Buttons ? I decided to get Piper as a follower for right now. I thought maybe because Buttons was male it was having trouble? I think I have it set so all parties take part, there is no preferential gender. I'm thinking about maybe just uninstalling him and reinstalling him. You think that would help? But with the vanilla followers we're screwed.

1 hour ago, PanicLedisko said:

I don't know how to fix this. For 1, I'm not using the handcuff mod so he's not actually being bound by anything. Like as soon as my character is violated, she gets knocked in the head, wakes up and then just gets up. I don't have a button set up for getting unbound. So I would assume my follower isn't either. Also the game "put the 'cuffs'" on him not me. Do I need to have the game "put them back on", like get into another violate situation and hopefully the game will unbound my poor Buttons?

That tends to break every so often, DD or not.

Grab whatever was put on your follower, equip it, exit menu, repeat but unequip, see if that's worked.

1 hour ago, PanicLedisko said:

Amazing Follower Tweaks

That might also cause issues, but never used it.

Also checking back in, once I switched over to violate I stopped noticing that glitch where it wouldn't let me use my gun after. But earlier today when I followed Paladin Danse's distress signal, helped them clear out the ghouls and then decided I would help him get their doohickie. I decided to take a nap in the sleeping bags they had there, then when I woke up it alerted me about my sexual desire and what I wanted to do about it, It was hilarious because literally right after Rhys was being a TOTAL DICKHEAD TO ME he ended up being the random stranger that my character *lovingly* shared a moment with. I didn't notice it right away, but at some point I noticed my weapon wasn't responding, but unfortunately I totally didn't make the connection until a couple minutes later when I'm following Danse to get his dohickie and I'm trying to help him clear the path he's taking me on. I couldn't draw my weapon with my mouse, but when I hit the R button it forces it to "pull it out", but I can't shoot. This glitch is seriously pissing me the f*** off!!! Has anyone else experienced this glitch? It always fixed its self before whenever I would *completely* back out of the game to the desktop, but it gets OLD *very quick*!!!