General Discussion

2 hours ago, TDA said:

no weight sorting option to evaluate where there is no weight

I thought that might be what you wanted, but Not a lot of information on how to sort. Quick search didn’t show anything specific. Did see these two.

Blender Manual and the link for the page.

Vertex Weights

As mentioned before in Vertex Groups each entry in a vertex group also contains a weight value in the range of (0.0 to 1.0). Blender provides a Vertex Weights panel from where you can get (and edit) information about the weight values of each vertex of a mesh. That is: to which vertex groups the vertex is assigned with which weight value.

Weight Table?

The Weight Table shows all weights associated to the active vertex. Note that a vertex does not necessarily have to be associated to any vertex groups. In that case the Vertex Weights Panel is not displayed.

https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/modeling/meshes/properties/vertex_groups/vertex_weights.html

ScriptSpot

You may already know about this one, but if you don’t, they had 40 pages of scripts and a forum. Didn’t look at everything, but here is the 3ds link

https://www.scriptspot.com/3ds-max

Only other thing, if 3ds can export the listing, might be able to import that into a spreadsheet and sort that way.

On 6/3/2022 at 10:39 PM, fejeena said:

The test bear is in the IC palace  council hall.

Finally got a base cave picked out that I'll modify. Actually, it will be part of a mine (reason the bandits took it) and then a little bigger part, maybe add water to a low section that the bears 'swim' in.

When I went to the Palace, timing off, didn't want to lockpick the door in front of two guards, so went up to the second floor and took a chance. JUMP.  Luckily survived and the dialogue looks good. The cave actually is located to the east.?

Now to set up the basic cave and get the doors working.

When you open the Palace door with console you can enter, the door symbol is not red anymore , no trespassing.

You have to add more dialogues and quest updates in the bear script.

And maybe a Greeting that the bear have after the quest is finished. Something like "Hello friend."  or "Welcome savior of my children,"

I decided to try the hard way and jump.?

I copied the scripts and saw to quest related items.  So will get that eventually.

I just got done making the Teddy Cave. Nothing in it yet, but it has a mine, also. Right now the cave has a regular load door for my testing. I will change that soon. Most of the landscaping is close to being done. And only the statue and base till done tweaking the landscape. Now I want to get everything ready for an alpha test. Will PM you copy, when it's ready.

I have JUST figured out... how to add the KingThings and Sans Serif fonts from the Hud Status Bars mod at Nexus... into MY HUDs.  Oh, my gawd... the code for the font selection script is like just 20 lines (not including comments). And using it to replace the default Oblivion fonts... seven?  Well... it's gonna get longer as I am adding comments to let developers SEE what's going on.

Only thing that annoys me is... the fonts you can select must be hard-coded.  So, I only have two fonts (and various sizes) as these are the same two from Hud Status Bars.  If I find other fonts compatible, I would need to edit the mods so they would be just as functional.

*sigh*

This is one thing that Pluggy has on MenuQue... that you can choose whatever font you had installed within Windows itself.

♦       ♦       ♦

EDIT:  (1 hr later): Lookie Lookie...

Post Partum Daedric.jpg

I spent some time and scoured through Nexus mods in search for MenuQue compatible fonts.  This, so I would know what fonts to support as they do indeed need to be listed in the mod itself.  And the above Daedric font is one of TWENTY fonts that I just set up the TamagoPlayerHud (MenuQue) to support.  And yes, that is correct... TWENTY fonts.

I still have more testing, but it appears that the fonts must be in the Data\Fonts\Extras folder, and not just the Data\Fonts folder alone.  Still.. a testing I will go before release.

♦       ♦       ♦

EDIT:  (5 hr later): Well, I can verify that ... YEP, I can cover 20 different fonts.  The only thing about it is that you tend to screw up if you have more than 64 font files in your Fonts\Extras folder and it is basically an alphabetical progression screwup too.

List of tested Fonts:

AB_Kingthings_Clarity                    (10pt ,12pt &14pt)
AB_Kingthings_Clarity_Bold           (10pt ,12pt &14pt)
AB_Kingthings_Petrock                  (12pt  & 14pt)
AB_Kingthings_Petrock_Light         (12pt  & 14pt)

AB_Tahoma_Bold_Small                 -none-defined-

Apple_Garamond                           (20pt)
Berylium                                        (20pt)

Blue_Highway_Condensed             (24pt)

Century_Gothic                             (20pt & 22pt)
Daedric                                         (20pt & 24pt)

DarN_Kingthings_Petrock              (14pt & 16pt)

DarN_LG_Kingthings_Petrock        (14pt & 18pt)
DarN_Oblivion                              (28pt)

Gill_Sans_MT_Condensed              (24pt)
Gloucester_MT_Extra_Condensed  (24pt)

HSB_Kingthings_Petrock                (8pt, 10pt, 12pt, 14pt &,16pt)
HSB_Sans_Serif                              (8pt, 10pt, 12pt, 14pt &,16pt)

Kingthings_Petrock                       (10pt, 12pt, 14pt, ,... 32pt)
Kingthings_Petrock_Outline          (19pt, 21pt, 23pt, ,... 31pt)

Zurich_XCn_BT                              (24pt)

These fonts can be found within mods such as Alternative Fonts, Daedric Fonts for Darnified UI, Theos Kingthings Petrock Fonts, and more.  However, there is a search cap which ends after 64 files (or 32 fonts as each font is composed of a .fnt and .tex file).  Granted, there is a lot of repetitiveness which makes me wonder if some were just renamed versions of others (YEAH, I'M LOOKING AT YOU KINGTHINGS!).

So yeah, I'm about to work on the HUDs some more for this functionality and add what I know of the max capacity and fonts usable into their related read-me files.

Hehehe... Just kickin' it at a nice beachside property courtesy of Galgat.

He's got great taste in ladies.

Spoiler

Huzzah.jpg

Edited by LongDukDong
31 minutes ago, Sladen2019 said:

Are you going to make a MenuQue version of LoversRapersS also ?

Nope.  The issue that certain individuals have endured was the use of Pluggy for its HUD capabilities, when they rename the Pluggy DLL from OBSE_Elys_Pluggy.dll to OBSE_Elys_Pluggy_HUD.dll.  

Since LoversRaperS doesn't require the DLL to be renamed, it doesn't need any rework in this manner.  And the string and INI manipulation routines in Pluggy work extremely well.

Gotta admit, not bad since I started the revamps just this weekend. :D  It took a while to figure out a 'standardized' means to craft the HUD graphics for my modular approach.  And my Dukky HUD may be up for a couple more things later....

36 minutes ago, LongDukDong said:

Nope.  The issue that certain individuals have endured was the use of Pluggy for its HUD capabilities, when they rename the Pluggy DLL from OBSE_Elys_Pluggy.dll to OBSE_Elys_Pluggy_HUD.dll.  

Since LoversRaperS doesn't require the DLL to be renamed, it doesn't need any rework in this manner.  And the string and INI manipulation routines in Pluggy work extremely well.

Gotta admit, not bad since I started the revamps just this weekend. :D  It took a while to figure out a 'standardized' means to craft the HUD graphics for my modular approach.  And my Dukky HUD may be up for a couple more things later....

Is the Pluggy dll a hard requirement ? I can still use LoversRapersS without the Pluggy dll, if I don't use the import/export options ?

23 minutes ago, Sladen2019 said:

Is the Pluggy dll a hard requirement ? I can still use LoversRapersS without the Pluggy dll, if I don't use the import/export options ?

Nope.  That's really the only reason for its use.  Granted, to modify the import/export system, I had to install it myself. Before that, I was like "Why?"  :wacko:  But it makes sense.

22 minutes ago, LongDukDong said:

Nope.  That's really the only reason for its use.  Granted, to modify the import/export system, I had to install it myself. Before that, I was like "Why?"  :wacko:  But it makes sense.

I'll just delete the Pluggy dll then. I never use the import/export settings options. One less dll in my install. No more wondering which version is best. Even the mod author himself doesnt know which version is best and most stable. I personally have no desire for other hud mods, besides your hud mod.

Hey, Sladen2019, would you like to Alpha test my Paradise Island mod? Mostly for look see and check the basic stuff. If so I will try to PM it tomorrow. Already had 5 failed uploads trying to get it to Fejeena and the Ducky. At least the Duck got his copy. Don't want to attach to a forum post yet.

2 hours ago, Melamkish said:

Hey, Sladen2019, would you like to Alpha test my Paradise Island mod? Mostly for look see and check the basic stuff. If so I will try to PM it tomorrow. Already had 5 failed uploads trying to get it to Fejeena and the Ducky. At least the Duck got his copy. Don't want to attach to a forum post yet.

If you have one upload you can add the same upload to other posts/PMs.  ( only one upload = less LL server space )

Use the "Other Media" button (bottom right) and then click "insert existing attachment".  There you can use the search funtion to find the file.

Or make one PM and add all alpha testers to the PM.  You can have a PM with more than 10 people. 

Use at the top the button  IM.jpg  to add more members.

Then everyone can talk about the mod in one PM.
Then not everyone has to list the same errors/mistakes.  :classic_wink:

Only one needs to write "the mod sucks"  and the others can then write "ditto", "totally my opinion", "I agree" ,  . . .   :classic_biggrin:

Edited by fejeena

Thanks, Fejeena. Missed the multi-invite but noticed it is working.

For a long time I have been trying to come up for an idea for guard uniforms as I kept looking at the towns guards. This morning this idea popped up, so this is the first try. May change the angle of the wrist irons, but the idea seems appropriate. What do you all think?

ScreenShot8.jpg

Maybe the gree is too green and gold too shining and clean.   There are no chemical colors yet.

More dull green. And metal  better iron not gold and no shining. ( Looks like the have enabled "highlight " in the nif settings )

The armor is OK.

There are many Mods with new town guards and not all use retextures vanilla armor, there are new armors , new textures. Something lighter for warm areas (ElsweyrAnequina) or type knight armor in mods with castles  or fur armors in cold areas.

You climate looks like Tamriel so retextured vanilla armors ( form one of the 100 vanilla armor replacers) would be fine. But your armor is fine... but the texture.

haha... then the shining is the picture setting not the nif setting.

In most Mods that use vanilla guard armor ( or HGEC or Roberts male replacer)  only the the chest texture is changed ( the symbol )  not the chainmail and metal parts.

11 hours ago, LongDukDong said:

Does she need some shampoo?  I'm merely offering my grooming services.  :lol:

Sparkly water.  Is this where Perrier Carbonated come from?

According to the idea, need textures of bubbles, foam, but lazy to make or look for it ...

this texture is in the original game.

Edited by TDA

dudes who understand anal-geometry,

I need to determine two points (the center point and the position of the actor), where the actor is located - to the right or left of the center point, everything is only in the plane, the Z coordinate is not needed.

the problem is that, sort of, the getangle Z command returns the local angle of the object, while the usual well-known calculation works for world coordinates, or am I wrong? In general, I'm confused.

2 hours ago, TDA said:

dudes who understand anal-geometry,

I need to determine two points (the center point and the position of the actor), where the actor is located - to the right or left of the center point, everything is only in the plane, the Z coordinate is not needed.

the problem is that, sort of, the getangle Z command returns the local angle of the object, while the usual well-known calculation works for world coordinates, or am I wrong? In general, I'm confused.

Well, I solved it  using perpendicular projections from the coordinates on the left and right and inequalities...

But maybe there is a purely geometric way?

Edited by TDA

Nearly done setting up faction icons for Shivering Isles and Knights of the Nine for my HUD.  (Yes, you still need to join for a reveal.) At least, some resources were available for the Knights, but I had to craft my own Isles Faction icons as there is no icons representing Mania or Dementia.  So....  I chose the Comedy/Drama masks and did a little number on them with an appropriate Isles faction background and color scheme.  And added a little genderbender option where you can see if someone stumbled into getting swapped.  Meh, gotta find three ... odd... icons of sorts... sorta.

OH, and my freakin' antivirus decided to put my OBSE_LOADER into QUARANTINE each time I ran it!  Had to go in and set the fucker up so I can decide what to do with it when it wants to check an in-system executable instead of it doing it automatically.  ASK ME THE FUCK FIRST!!!!!

For years I've the Bethesda folder in the exceptions list of antivirus programs. For me it was the CS and then OBSE (or an OBSE tool )

Since then I don't even test if it works anymore. With a new installation of Windows and anti-virus, Bethesda is set as an exception immediately.

glyphs.jpg

Part of the fun of revising the HUD is...  recreating some of the icons.  And every glyph here uses a 64x64 source image, even if scaled down by the user in his/her INI file.  Here, you can see that the Guild Faction Icons can be arranged in a complete horizontal row, this different from the previous versions... and yes, you have (in order) Blades, Mythic Dawn, Fighters, Dark Brotherhood, Mages, Thieves, Mania-or-Bliss, Nine Divines and Knights of the Nine.  

The icons look a bit of a mess... that's because of overlaps.  The Gender 'Female' display has the 'NO SEX' glyph atop.  The 'Cannot Rape' glyph is over the Enslavement display.  The FLAGS indicating if the character is essential or respawning has all four subglyphs:  Is-Evil, Is-Guard, Is-Quest, and Is-Not-LowLevel-Processing.  I put the gold pacifier on this guard to show it off...  and yep, she and I had sex and she got knocked up.  So much for the protection she has, eh?

I re-did the ovum/fertilized/implanted glyphs.  I may need to redefine their outside outlines...   dah_fx_ovule1.pngdah_fx_ovule2.pngdah_fx_ovule3.png

A new option (related to my GenderBender mod) detects if the target was, in fact, changed. It also has a slew of icons for orientation, and a happy mask if they LIKE how they are.  Apparently, the guard here is bi.

And remember, every option is.... an OPTION.   You can turn on/off what you will.  And it will 'test' to see if you have the mod in place anyway.

Basically, I spent the day working out new graphics and placement.  Tomorrow should be rewriting the book... I think.

Edited by LongDukDong