Silly question maybe but, is there a animation that takes place of the spanking?  I just get a narration of "spanking", or is this only as far as it goes?   I didn't install the full ZAZ8+, just the texture and sound because I would have too many animations XPMSE

7 minutes ago, WCSC said:

Silly question maybe but, is there a animation that takes place of the spanking?  I just get a narration of "spanking", or is this only as far as it goes?   I didn't install the full ZAZ8+, just the texture and sound because I would have too many animations XPMSE

Nope no animation except a sort of animation during bump spanks. Doing it during sex scenes would be next to impossible I reckon. You'd probably have to rewrite a portion of sexlab and redo every animation ever made. = never going to happen I'm afraid. 

5 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

I don't believe so. What references are you talking about? 

Sorry meant nothing in the game MCM indicated that it was a feature. I don't know why I said reference.

But the quests and mgef I was talking about was this and this 

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

15 minutes ago, Last_Light said:

Sorry meant nothing in the game MCM indicated that it was a feature. I don't know why I said reference.

But the quests and mgef I was talking about was this and this 

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

I'd give you a cookie but you sort of cheated! ?

Nope nothing to do with zaz. Theres plenty of furniture in vanilla. Good idea though.

10 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

I'd give you a cookie but you sort of cheated! ?

Nope nothing to do with zaz. Theres plenty of furniture in vanilla. Good idea though.

Heh sorry. I enjoy your work and design choices so usually the first thing I do is open up the mods and peek inside.

2 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

So maybe for consensual sex 'as a masochist' you won't gain any enjoyment naturally unless your pain level is high enough and your partner won't spank you (increase your enjoyment) unless you fuck them. Something like that. 

I'm worried you might be overthinking it, and too many good mods fall apart under scope creep. I feel like you've already built a good system, and you're risking confusing want (consent) with need (masochism). Consent (with the hotkey as it's actor/catalyst) to determine whether/when she is spanked; masochism (with the morally bereft application of math your high school teachers would be appalled by) to determine whether/how much she likes it. The interplay between the two creates the variation in scenarios.

Just realized I wrote a novel, here. Sorry about the wall of text, I'm going to make my first attempts at spoiler tags to reduce it.

Most importantly, and up front and center: I live the idea of this mod, from what I'm reading in the feedback so far, it sounds like it works well and is as much fun as it sounds. I love where you seem to be going with it, and I can't wait to try it out, myself.

Everything below here is intended as brainstorming and anywhere it's critical, it's intended to be constructive. If I miss that mark anywhere, it's unintentional. You're doing the Lord's work, here, don't let anyone make you feel otherwise, least of all me.

Masochism

I'd see it more as an increasing modifier to enjoyment gain, from negatives if non-maso (pain makes enjoyment increase more slowly) to positives (pain makes enjoyment increase more quickly), with the highest levels being PC cannot gain enjoyment without pain.

Whether it's a sliding scale or a straight on/off switch, Why wouldn't that same apply to non-con, though?

Scenarios:

Spoiler

She is having consensual sex; as a masochist, she cannot gain enjoyment (or gains enjoyment more slowly) without being spanked.

She is being raped. As a masochist, no matter how repulsed she is by the forced sex, she is driven ever closer to orgasm each time her abuser spanks her--she just can't help herself.

She is having consensual sex; as a non-masochist, being spanked reduces her enjoyment and stamina, but she can gain a little stamina boost if he gives her a break.

She is being raped. As a non-masochist, her enjoyment and stamina are driven down. If her abuser takes a break from spanking her, she gets a stamina boost.

Then perhaps orgasm while above a certain pain threshold increases masochism, meaning greater adjustment to enjoyment based on pain level. Masochism progresses from negative through neutral to positive.

Consent

Here's your roleplaying and player engagement mechanic, represented by the hotkey. It allows the player to take an active hand in the scene, and the mod's functions, and thereby allows them to steer their character's progression.

Scenarios:

Spoiler

She is being raped. She begs for spanking. As a non-masochist, she can beg for a reprieve from spanking, regaining stamina and an active hand in SLSO.

She is having consensual sex. She begs for spanking. As a non-masochist, she can beg for reprieve from spanking, to regain stamina and active role in mini-game.

She is having consensual sex; she begs for spanking. As a masochist, she can beg for more/harder/faster spanking. She's a nice girl.

She's being raped. She can beg for spanking. As a masochist, she can beg for more/harder/faster. She's the kind of girl Rick James wrote songs about.

The "why" in all cases is up to the player. This allows for player agency and role-playing. Is she a denial slut? Maybe she gains a buff from high arousal. Maybe she needs someone's permission to orgasm and is trying to avoid it. Maybe her partner likes it, and she wants to please him. Maybe the window-licker at the keyboard just thinks it's funny.

Ultimately, the player decides whether to use the hotkey, and WHY they choose that is up to them. All that really matters here is that it's the players interface with the masochism system.

This also increases potential interaction/playability with other mods, even those that haven't been written yet. IIRC MrEsturk's add-on for the XDFF system in Cursed Loot adds the potential for your companion/follower to prohibit the player from orgasm, or be punished, and also can  trigger consensual sex. Now the non-masochist player has an additional tool to RP a good little subby.

So then, in all cases, if spanking is not happening, hotkey requests spanking.

If spanking is happening, if non-maso, hotkey begs them to stop.

If spanking is happening, if maso, then hotkey asks for more/harder/faster.

Would think there's be a cool down on hotkey use; maybe only once per animation stage? Or even just a cool down timer (customizable?).

If non-maso, spanking/pain applies enjoyment and stamina regen penalty.

If maso, pain applies enjoyment and stamina regen bonus.

If PC orgasms while pain=>x, masochism increments up by (customizable?) factor. If SLSO multiple orgasms enabled, straight-laced PC could find she's into some stuff really early in life.

Dirty talk, spanking sounds, even animations and overlays; at this point, those are all just window dressing and polish (which all sound to be on-point already, anyway). The masochism stat and the begging hotkey system are really the core of this mod, and I don't think they need to be overly complicated.

Maybe you've got a vision to this mod that's in a totally different direction, or maybe there's technical reasons why writing based around something like the above won't work, and in all cases, that's cool, you make the mod you want to make, and I'll say thank you. I just feel like you already nailed it, and introducing an entirely separate system to address one scenario that's already covered perfectly by the existing system seems unnecessary.

To me. But what do I know? I'm just the window-licker at the keyboard who's aggravated that I won't get a chance to try this out until next weekend.

- Super secret spanky event. First person to discover it wins a virtual cookie. 

Not sure if this is the secret but Her Highness Mistress Ysolda just said "So much disgusting cum",

or maybe my mind is fuzzy (the skooma, don'tcha know)

Mostly right now, kudos for the line "Good girl"

And if the voice-thing was real, awe inspiring for the effort involved.

-------

edit

re the above post, I had a question: If (SLSO) Orgasms are forbidden, which I've always set, would that affect this mod?

It's so satisfying to see Peaches' log spam "orgasm is forbidden" but that maybe should change now that this mod is here?

Just wondering.

1 hour ago, Sulrandir said:

Need more time to read this fully but I agree with pretty much everything so far

1 hour ago, 2dk2c.2 said:

Not sure if this is the secret but Her Highness Mistress Ysolda just said "So much disgusting cum",

That was probably your character complaining about the mess you left her in. 

But nope that's not the secret. It involves spanking but not sex. 

1 hour ago, 2dk2c.2 said:

re the above post, I had a question: If (SLSO) Orgasms are forbidden, which I've always set, would that affect this mod?

It's so satisfying to see Peaches' log spam "orgasm is forbidden" but that maybe should change now that this mod is here?

Just wondering.

Hmm, I'm not sure. Is orgasm forbidden for everyone or just peaches?

Either way I think it will have some effect. Probably fairly small though. 

Thanks for the nice mod. Overall it works well... getting spanked during sex and bump, getting dialog, willpower decrease, etc.

Only thing that is not working for me are the sore ass/tits textures. They are never applied. Is there a conbflict with rape tatoos, apropos W&T, etc? Or do I have to install Sexlab Cum Overlays or a separate texture pack as well (not listed as a requirement though). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

12 minutes ago, max99max said:

Thanks for the nice mod. Overall it works well... getting spanked during sex and bump, getting dialog, willpower decrease, etc.

Only thing that is not working for me are the sore ass/tits textures. They are never applied. Is there a conbflict with rape tatoos, apropos W&T, etc? Or do I have to install Sexlab Cum Overlays or a separate texture pack as well (not listed as a requirement though). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Try increasing the number of overlays in nioverride.ini to 14 or more. Also the overlays should show in race menu on the body section. So check ShowRaceMenu. 

Edit: also keep in mind that they will start off very faint and get worse as you get slapped more. 

Thank you for this update, Monoman1.  A while back I'd asked if an option to restrict spanking to a follower would be possible and you said it seem like it would be hard.  Have you thought about that since then?

Edit:  Removed my second question because it had been answered above as I was typing this.

7 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

Thank you for this update, Monoman1.  A while back I'd asked if an option to restrict spanking to a follower would be possible and you said it seem like it would be hard.  Have you thought about that since then?

The description says that the textures are applied by RaceMenu.  Not SlaveTats?

Shit. I forgot about this. Is it just spanking during sex you want to restrict to followers?

14 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Shit. I forgot about this. Is it just spanking during sex you want to restrict to followers?

No, though if restricting it for bump events as well is hard then don't bother with that. 

Edit:  I was looking for the follower restriction to be an across the board thing, basically "obedience training" that only Mistress/Master does, but I'm not looking to make it into a difficult request.

42 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Try increasing the number of overlays in nioverride.ini to 14 or more. Also the overlays should show in race menu on the body section. So check ShowRaceMenu. 

Edit: also keep in mind that they will start off very faint and get worse as you get slapped more. 

Thanks for your answer. When checking my nioverride.ini (was set at iNumOverlays=12 for the body) I realized that NetImmerse Override was not activated in my load order. I guess that should fix it. Will try out tomorrow. Thanks again.

2 minutes ago, max99max said:

Thanks for your answer. When checking my nioverride.ini (was set at iNumOverlays=12 for the body) I realized that NetImmerse Override was not activated in my load order. I guess that should fix it. Will try out tomorrow. Thanks again.

NIO is included with racemenu. So if you have that you should be safe. I'll just say to try 14 overlays instead of 12. Some people get a bug with 12 slots that I have still to track down. 

Really nice mod. I've been messing around with it a little and it seems to work well, except for one some bug (not really but I thought I would let you know). After multiple "slap happy" encounters, my character remained at 0, even with the default setting. When I went to decrease the time it would take to succumb to masochism, it finally registered.

The bug was in no way game breaking and it has been working ever since. Just thought I would let you know. Keeping on doing the good work :)

Just had a chance to try this out, really quickly and MY GOD that was hilarious. If you don't have the PC comments set to "butchered," you're missing out on something special.

Not going to critique or bug report or anything, since I barely had a chance to play around with it, and I shoehorned it into an existing game pretty haphazardly, and was having plenty of bugs all around, anyway.

Just wanted to thank you again for this; I'm pretty sure this just became a new staple in my load order.

And please, PLEASE, don't "fix" the "butchered" dialog; even if you were to manage to get all clean custom voiced dialog in there that sounded perfect and immersive, I think I'd still want the patchwork of vanilla voice files and low-rent text-to-speech as an option. Possibly my favorite feature of this mod.

7 hours ago, ShinobuOrion said:

Does this mod actually play the spanking animation?

Nope. As explained before. It would be impossible/too much work.

7 hours ago, chuBBies1 said:

After multiple "slap happy" encounters, my character remained at 0

Might have been a bug but it might also be because masochism only updates every 6 game hours.

6 hours ago, Sulrandir said:

And please, PLEASE, don't "fix" the "butchered" dialog; even if you were to manage to get all clean custom voiced dialog in there that sounded perfect and immersive, I think I'd still want the patchwork of vanilla voice files and low-rent text-to-speech as an option. Possibly my favorite feature of this mod.

Don't think I could anyway. At least not without help. I'm no sound engineer and there is only a limited pool of voice files to pull dialogue from anyway. That and my time is extremely limited. 

4 hours ago, brothadesmund said:

Can we have options to disable/enable breast and butt spanks individually? I don't really like the red tits look but I do like the spanking aspect of this mod

You can effectively do this at the moment by setting 'Max Tits Intensity' to 0. You'll still get slapped in the tits but it won't get red.