Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

18 hours ago, koamq said:

Thanks for this guide & particularly for keeping it up to date, Aylis. It took me a couple of days to get things going, but I've ended up with a remarkably stable installation. Easily the most stable SexLab mod list I've ever had.

I wish I'd been more careful when installing about picking consistent texture sizes. I kept oscillating between 2K and 4K, and I can't be bothered to go back and fix it now, particularly since the game looks fine by my standards.

This is all based on the modlist before the end of May 2020

Linux notes (probably only I will ever care about this)

Reveal hidden contents

• Got ModOrganizer 2 & a decent version of Wine by using https://github.com/rockerbacon/lutris-skyrimse-installers - I can recommend this. Check Issues if you have the winetricks vcrun2017 problem. Using Proton 5.
  • I don't use an ENB: ENB doesn't work on Linux at all, apparently. Skipped ENB-related mods. Did not try Reshade.
  • SKSE Extensions crash: SSE Parallax Shader Fix (BETA) was the root cause! So many SKSE plugins do much deeper changes to the game, yet this was the one that made me consistently CTD before the main menu, and removing it let me boot the game. I really expected it to be something else.
    This is very likely a Linux-only issue.
  • (Skipped: Skyrim SE Shader Bundle/ENB Helper SE (no ENB), Dynamic Equipment Manager (don't care). Modified provided SKSE ini to re-enable logging. Modified Skyrim (SkyrimPrefs?) ini to enable Papyrus logs.)
  • DynDOLOD does not work on Linux, because it uses Microsoft TexConv that bangs on bits of DirectX that Wine does not provide.
    I've been using SSELODGen instead. SSELODGen does not work if >254 plugins are enabled (it is old) but, with a bit of unticking and ticking again, it does the job.
    I tell SSELODGen to output to a folder MO2/mods/LODOutput, and that shows up as a mod in MO2 (portable install) after restart.
  • ModOrganizer 2 does not refresh itself properly after an application finishes running - seems to think apps finish running instantly. Right-click Overwrite, click Information, close the window, and it'll refresh.
  • MO2 refreshing ('Loading...') has gotten very, very slow (~1min). I have no solution except patience.

Hey thanks for sharing this! have a thumbs up! I only bought a windows box for gaming.

Why no ENB? are their dx hooks not supported by wined3d? Your thoughts?

9 hours ago, mayorez said:

Where do you recommend I put QUEST mods like Falskaar in the load order?  Thank you!

No idea as i never had that mod (aka not tested). Might be 'Area' or 'Override'.

Finished the first run of finetuning. Instead uploading a big file with ~850 MB i created another batch. We already got the files so it is punching holes in mod-packs to make the wanted file visible. The mods tagged with [Batch Finetuning] are REQUIRED for it to work. The files are in 'Textures' and 'Override'.

Uploaded file:

Batch Finetuning V1.0.bat

Monday or Tuesday i'll start with the batch for the textures. Skyrim HD alone has ~1000 files that can be removed. So this will take quite some time as i have to type something for almost every single file...

Might have hit a limit for post #2. Got to see what i can do about it... ?

Try to remove the mods i already mentioned. Perhaps i can then add entries again.

<Snip>

Still stuck. Will retry tomorrow...                                      

Ran the batch files. Now I'm scared. Going to give it a shot, though.

Edit - Having problems after running them. TexGen is now throwing out an error. "An error occurred while loading modules. Editing is disabled. Check the message log and correct the error." It looks like this error occurs when a module is broken. Logs say nothing, which is what I gather is the norm for this error from a Google search.

Edit2 - Disabled one-by-one the mods the batch files affected to try to see what's going on, but still getting error. @Aylis Have you ran DynDOLOD since running your batch files?

Updating status to '2.1.7'.

Refining textures and meshes. 

As there are changes to the textures you have to rerun DynDOLOD.

REMOVED mods:

Area:

Blended Roads                                                            (The textures with the patch are way better and one freed slot for ESP). 

RIS - Real Ice and Snow 

Textures:

HD Unique Hand Made Signs Overhaul SE                (The other one is much better)

CleverCharff's Markarth and Dwemer Ruins - Grey   (Doesn't work with the changed textures)

8K Nordic Mountains                                                 (Obsolete with the batch for finetuning)

Override:

Collect Dragon Bones and Scales           

Flora Respawn Fix 
Reading Improves Speech 

NPC:

Pandorable's NPCs

Pandorable's NPCs SE - black face fix 

Pandorable's NPCs - Dawnguard 

Pandorable's NPCs - Dawnguard - Grey face fix SE

Pandorable's NPCs - Dawnguard - Patches

LL:

Dangerous Night 2      

ADDED/MOVED mods:

Foundation:

NoGrassias Extended                                                                   (Moved from 'Final')

Disable Snow Grass                                                                   (Only use one of the first two options)

SKSE:

PrivateProfileRedirector SE - Faster game start

UI:

SkuUI - SE - Flashing Savegames Fix

Textures:

Better Dynamic Snow SE                                                              (Moved from 'Area')

Better Dynamic Snow - Patches                                                   (Moved from 'Area')

Better Dynamic Ash SE                                                                 (Moved from 'Area')

Various Better Dynamic Snow Patches                                         (Moved from 'Area')

CleverCharff's Nordic Ruins 

Small Nordic Tent

NPC:

Dunmeri Ghosts - Dunmeri Gear

Bijin NPCs SE

Bijin Warmaidens SE

Bijin Wives SE

Bijin All in One 2019                                                                       (Don't forget to remove/deactivate the other three ESP!)

Bijin - Your Bodyslide Mesh and Texture

Alternate Start Live Another Life TKAA Patch                                (Moved from 'Final')

Override:

Alternate Start                                                                                (Moved from 'Final'. Fixes the bug with DynDOLOD)

KSHair For Alternate Start                                                              (Moved from 'Final')

Bathing in Skyrim SE - Alternate Start - Live Another Life Patch   (Moved from 'Final')

Landscape For Grass Mods patches for Arthmoor's towns           (Moved from 'Final')

Weather and Lighting:

Torch Remover                                                                               (Fixes conflicts with the lighting)

Snow Effects SE                                                                              (Renamed to make it easier to find)

LL:

Horse Penis Redux SSE V1.4

SOS - Futanari CBBE SSE

SOS Female Schlongifier

Gender Bender SE

SexLab Shrines                                                                               (Not really required but a nice little mod)

Jaxonz MCM Kicker SE                                                                   (Not required but useful if you add mods with an MCM)

Testing atm:

Nothing. Finetuning, removing redundant mods and 'a few' more batches to remove redundant files.

2 hours ago, wollboi said:

Edit2 - Disabled one-by-one the mods the batch files affected to try to see what's going on, but still getting error. @Aylis Have you ran DynDOLOD since running your batch files?

I just did. Everything is fine here.

I would have been very surprised if the batch would cause this. It's only affecting textures and meshes which have a replacement in place (and an additional backup in 'Noble Skyrim').

The error message should show in the log what exactly went wrong / what causes the problem.

Hmm. Only other update I made since my last stable build was to update High Hrothgar Steps and that didn't affect anything. I'll figure it out.

Should "Various Better Dynamic Snow Patches" also be moved from Area to Textures along with the other three Dynamics? Right now it's above the others.

9 minutes ago, wollboi said:

Should "Various Better Dynamic Snow Patches" also be moved from Area to Textures along with the other three Dynamics? Right now it's above the others.

Yes, it should. Fixed

Hopefully i won't need a dozen attempts again... Sometimes this site is making updates extremely difficult.

On the post above you've got the TKAA patch for LAL listed under Override but on the list it's listed under the main TKAA mod under NPCs. Think the list is correct. That seems to be what was messing me up with TexGen. It figures that the root of all my problems are meddling kids.

Speaking of patches for Alternate Start, this has always been confusing to me. The list has entries for Landscape Fixes for AS and two places below has Landscape For Grass Mods patches for Arthmoor's towns. As near as my brain can figure, the Landscape Fixes for AS is part of the Landscape For Grass Mods patches for Arthmoor's towns. Since it doesn't look like we're using anything else from Arthmoor's mods (just LAL), is this a duplicate or am I confused because it's 2AM. Picture below probably makes more sense.

Spoiler

Untitled.png.fb58bb0611fd3877eb0dbbacf5f89697.png

Edit - Figured out my problem with TexGen. It's still the ****ing Bathing in Skyrim Alternate Start patch. I was trying to do some maintenance on my plugin load order and mistook the esp plugin for the esl one. Think it would be a good idea in the guide to specifically spell out that people want the separate ESL file, not just the one in the main mod. It's easy for idiots like me to see the plugin "Bathing in Skyrim Alternate Start" and think that's all they need.

In the words of the mod's author: "Again, there is nothing wrong with the plugin, DynDOLOD just likes to be a hard-ass." I agree.

58 minutes ago, denba666 said:

@Aylis, I saw you moved no grassias extended from "final" to "foundation" but that was not updated in the modlist.
Where should I put this mod?

???

It's the seventh mod in 'Foundation'...

Something for those with slower downloads (to get into the mood ;)):

Spoiler

Totally forgot to remove the 8K Nordic Mountains. I said i would remove it, updated my build and forgot to change it here... Fixed and added to post #2285

Part of the finetuning batch targets the mountain textures so that one could finally be removed.

I definitely need more coffee and cookies or sleep (preferably all three and not necessarily in that order).

52 minutes ago, Aylis said:

I definitely need more coffee and cookies or sleep (preferably all three and not necessarily in that order).

Thanks for putting in the work on this.  But take care of yourself while you do it.

The ladies boobs are way too giggly!  I followed your setting exactly and they still bounce around like jello lol.  Any tips to keep them babies in place better?

My load order is exactly like yours with the changes and my kids are still invis at times and have dark faces...

22 minutes ago, mayorez said:

The ladies boobs are way too giggly!  I followed your setting exactly and they still bounce around like jello lol.  Any tips to keep them babies in place better?

My load order is exactly like yours with the changes and my kids are still invis at times and have dark faces...

Dunno if its related but what i did was change the tuning in SinfulCBP MCM.  Breasts Supple/Standard, Belly : Firm/Hard, Butt : Firm/Hard. it looks much more natural when i activate the 3BBB-SMP.