Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

15 hours ago, jaeos said:

concatenated.... you're making fun of the redneck ain't ya? ??

29 minutes ago, asebw said:

I have a vocabulary somewhere around the academic level. If I am, it isn't on purpose I assure you.

?

?

?

?

?

?

Sorry, but i couldn't resist!

So, two issues I am hoping someone can help with:

1) for some strange reason, i'm getting an error message from creature framework that says JContainer is not installed (which it is). Jcontainer is updated, so I am unsure as to what is causing this.

Spoiler

ScreenShot0.png

2) It seems that when my computer decided to reboot itself last night (yay windows 10 the bleepin bleepin bastards), my overwrite folder decided to take a digital laxative and purge itself. Never seen this happen before. Is this common with skyrim?

When you update it is 'all or nothing' with SKSE. Otherwise the strangest things can happen...

Thats why i always create a mod out of the files in that folder. 

Now back to 'why the heck is Sanguine Debauchery not starting?'. It worked before...

Added an entry 'Skyrim SE and updates from Bethesda' to 'Tips and Tricks'.

Btw. only three updates left and the list is compatible to the new update from Bethesda again.

We don't seem to be affected but i still want to add this information if there's a problem later on:

"ALERT FROM UNOFFICIAL PATCH PROJECT TEAM: It has been determined that the AI package USKPAventusAretinoSleepOrphanage [PACK:05000808] on Actor AventusAretino "Aventus Aretino" [NPC_:00014132] is redundant and has been removed from Aventus and deleted. However USSEP compatibility solutions with various mods altering Aventus still refer to the now nonexistent AI pack. This results on a infinite-loading screen on the main menu when starting the game."

I actually did have this problem with RSSE Children Overhaul prior to all the tweaking I have done lately. After the patch and finally getting everything working again, I decided to try to re-enable it. Infinite loading wheel. Disabled it and it's gone. Would be interested if anyone else is able to get RSSE working. I honestly decided it wasn't worth the headache. I'd rather have Bethesda's creepy doll children running around than delve too much farther into it.

8 hours ago, Zerugadis said:

edit RS Children with xedit and delete aventus arentinos error save no problem worked for me just fine =^.^=

Yep, but take a look at the title. ?

In the end i want this to be as easy as possible for everyone (aka just follow the list and you'll be fine).

On 6/18/2019 at 10:39 AM, asebw said:

I have a vocabulary somewhere around the academic level. If I am, it isn't on purpose I assure you.

it was actually a facetious joke, I constantly attempt to make people believe i am dumber than i sound. online i constantly try to appear dumb because i like actually learning something in great detail rather than a gloss over or high speed youtube of how to do x. When i was about 14 i was reading at a collage grade level but now i need to read something 5-10-20 times before i understand it especially when it comes to some programs like skse, xedit, bodyslide, i replaced an outfit in dibella sisterhood (the copy i had was missing the actual mesh. it took me 30-45 minutes to do that where kythana or adviser69 can do it in 2... So... it's not that i'm stupid.. but.. i'm stupid. :P (yes i know, the more accurate word would be ignorant.)

On 6/18/2019 at 1:35 PM, asebw said:

So, two issues I am hoping someone can help with:

1) for some strange reason, i'm getting an error message from creature framework that says JContainer is not installed (which it is). Jcontainer is updated, so I am unsure as to what is causing this.

Reveal hidden contents

ScreenShot0.png

2) It seems that when my computer decided to reboot itself last night (yay windows 10 the bleepin bleepin bastards), my overwrite folder decided to take a digital laxative and purge itself. Never seen this happen before. Is this common with skyrim?

even the authors of MO2 state to not use overwrite as a mod folder... 

@Kythanawhich mod is it that comes with a version of jcontainers in the mod? i forget which one it is. (sorry i've been working 14 hour dasys with a 46 mile drive home (plus to work) i want to say it was in overwrites or in that area.

@jaeos

Thats a tough one and i honestly don't remember. I've been juggling with way too many mods here… ?

When the final mods have been updated there might be a few upcoming changes to the list. According to @tasairis our achievement enabler, SSE Fixes and SSE Engine Fixes overlap. So i'll be checking which of these are redundant and can be removed without causing problems. With the exception of the first one, they are listed as a requirement in the descriptions of other mods so that might become either tricky or easy. We'll see… ?

Added a file for Bodyslide

As some might have trouble with bodyslide. I'll give you my finished set of NIF files for the armors in the list. This way you don't have to go through bodyslide and individually select the armors you want to change to get the right preset. The file is supporting all armors and also supports devious devices and strap ons. The form is based on 'RS Realistic Sexy Bodyslide' (which you still need) and physics are enabled.

I also had to start a new char. Although i was careful and used Fallrimtools, the constant adding and removing mods finally took its toll and i needed a fresh char. It is a good tool but it got limits (and i've been using it way more than i should have).

With the mentioned possible changes (and the possible addition of 'SexLab Dialogues' and 'Sanguines Debauchery') the list should be final. I still have to look into the lighting of the temple in Markath and work more on the batch file but thats finetuning. The major part of all this here is already done.

While my level is to low to start the main part the 'enslavement' of 'Sanguines Debauchery' triggered. This didn't happen before so it is a good sign and that it wasn't the mod but the old save which caused a problem.

Hello. First of all thanks for this post. i've been looking for a modlist to integrate mature content in a lore-friendly/RP way to my game for a long time, and while im totally new to this whole modding thing, your guide was fairly easy to understand and manage. However, im having a real issue right now where i get CTD each and everytime i load the world space and select few areas. (outside world (loading out of Markarth or Solitude), temple of Dibella, Temple of the Divines in Solitude are where it happened so far) and i hope someone here can assist. I got "most" of the mod listed here and everything is up-to-date in terms of mod versions. oh and i use the Rudy ENB. (though i doubt the ENB is whats causing the issue).  there are a few mods i use that are not on your list, notably Hunterborn/Hunting in Skyrim/Become a bard/Imperious, while i dont think my issue is coming from those, i thought it would be worth mentioning.  i do not use any children overhaul (as i seen previous post stating issues with RS children, i removed it)  linking the MO notification, just in case.  hoping it helps find a solution and thanks again

Capture.JPG

@Dpstyle

In MNC delete the folder 'SKSE'. Creatures usually don't use vehicles. ?

Spoiler

MNC.png.cff74e6b9ed86f3c52e09d0a7ce300b5.png

The second one is new to me. That one might be a version problem...

The crashes are propably caused by 'Dibella Sisterhood' (see last page). Both the OA and his helper for the conversion are aware of the problem and refining the solution. When all works out that bug will be a thing of the past in one or two days and i can finally make the required updates to the list.

@jaeos

According to the FOMOD it is MNC you were looking for.

Oh wow fast reply. thanks alot.  and yeah i figured out the worldspace CTD was due to MNC. i just tested it with that mod disabled and i could zone out of Solitude without any issues. though i thought it was something related to the carriages due to the vehicule mention lol.

As for the other issue, the DLL i see the same file is in two mods. "Devious Devices Integration" and a patch after just called "Devious" but i get the same notification wether i use the overwrite or not

11 hours ago, jaeos said:

even the authors of MO2 state to not use overwrite as a mod folder... 

@Kythanawhich mod is it that comes with a version of jcontainers in the mod? i forget which one it is. (sorry i've been working 14 hour dasys with a 46 mile drive home (plus to work) i want to say it was in overwrites or in that area.

Apologies for the late reply, spent the last two days dealing with cookie errors trying to get onto this this site. I finally did manage to fix the jcontainer issue. Turns out, there are a whackload more mods in skyrim that need to be updated after a bethesda update than in FO4. The issue I was having came from violens not being updated of all things. Its version of Jcontainer was what was giving me the issue with creature framework. You are right about it being in the overwrite folder: I figured out the problem by combing through the conflicts in the data tab of MO2. Once I found Jcontainer (Don't ask me where it was cause I can't remember for the life of me), it showed the violens conflict. 

On a side note, @Kythana, I find its good practice to keep backups of save games at key points so that its easy to rollback if things go south with a new mod. 

Also, could you maybe put down a quick tutorial on how you package the bodyslide/FNIS stuff? After several failed attempts, I feel like i'm missing something basic about MO2, and I am in need of fresh input on this one.

@asebw

Already been there… 200+ hard saves won't save you from degradation of the files. And too many removed mods means that an old save doesn't work anymore. If you really want to get rid of all the remaining code fragments in the save you have to start over. And for proper testing that is what i have to do over and over and...

Try the tutorial videos i linked to in post #2. ?

Spoiler

rightclick on overwrite > create mod > type in name > OK > activate it > DONE

11 minutes ago, Kythana said:

@asebw

Already been there… 200+ hard saves won't save you from degradation of the files. And too many removed mods means that an old save doesn't work anymore. If you really want to get rid of all the remaining code fragments in the save you have to start over. And for proper testing that is what i have to do over and over and...

Try the tutorial videos i linked to in post #2. ?

Hide contents

rightclick on overwrite > create mod > type in name > OK > activate it > DONE

The overwrite makes a mod of EVERYTHING that's in the folder. That was the basic part I was missing. . . Certainly explains a few things, though not some of the other issues.

I don't recall seeing a bodyslide-related video link in the second post, but I will take another look.

@Kythana

turns out it wasnt only  MNC.. after i deleted that vehicule thing, i could get out of Solitude, did the quest to kill a bandit leader to unlock the executioner follower and came back to town, to see a new bug appear.. after getting my follower, i stopped by the inn to perform and get a free room and i see this...  

Which is pretty weird, given i havent touched or changed anything else.. other than deactivating Devious Devices and removing the vehicule file from MNC..  (and you can see how your Aylis model turned out as a bard in my game) (*^_~)   *Edit: Black faces fixed. LOOT had put my Improved Bard mod above the Bijin and fixes* xD

Then i proceed to leave Solitude to go on my first bard quest with my new follower.. start loading out of Solitude and poof CTD again. But this time MO doesnt give any notification.  I have DD and Dibella's Sisterhood mods disabled and still get it when trying to go out of Solitude.. What is it i dont understand here? xD

ScreenShot0.png

2 hours ago, asebw said:

I don't recall seeing a bodyslide-related video link in the second post, but I will take another look.

Nope, that was about MO2. ?

For bodyslide there should be a tutorial on Youtube too. But, if someone uses the 'RS Realistic Sexy Bodyslide', then there's a ready-to-use file available. Download it, install it, run the game and save yourself the headache with bodyslide. Although it is necessary i hate redoing all the armors even more than i hate rerunning DynDOLOD.

1 hour ago, Dpstyle said:

@Kythana

Edit: Black faces fixed. LOOT had put my Improved Bard mod above the Bijin and fixes* xD

Then i proceed to leave Solitude to go on my first bard quest with my new follower.. start loading out of Solitude and poof CTD again. But this time MO doesnt give any notification.  I have DD and Dibella's Sisterhood mods disabled and still get it when trying to go out of Solitude.. What is it i dont understand here? xD

It is the same problem over and over again…

And i write the same thing over and over again…

Do NOT use LOOT!

The list is written in a way that you do not need it. Otherwise i could have just made an alphabetical list of the mods. That would have been sooo much easier!

Groups? Pfff, who needs them… Loadorder? Pah, LOOT will fix it.

I don't use LOOT. Yet i'm the one without all those problems… 

I'm 'off' for a while to cool down. Otherwise i'd start to delete threads...

oh i didnt use it at first, originally, i did as you said in the guide and just manually moved .esp / .esl to the top keeping them in order of installation. but after i disabled DD and DS, i had an issue with my PC that just did a random update without my consent and when it restarted all the mods were jumbled out.. and i was too lazy to manually put all 272plugins.. i used LOOT to get them back in general (closer to where they should be) but heh lesson learned, im redoing it manually now lol.  However, pretty much all "Load Order" tutorials for beginners on YT says to avoid the "sort" button but to use the external LOOT app. 

3 minutes ago, Kythana said:

Nope, that was about MO2. ?

For bodyslide there should be a tutorial on Youtube too. But, if someone uses the 'RS Realistic Sexy Bodyslide', then there's a ready-to-use file available. Download it, install it, run the game and save yourself the headache with bodyslide. Although it is necessary i hate redoing all the armors even more than i hate rerunning DynDOLOD.

It is the same problem over and over again…

And i write the same thing over and over again…

Do NOT use LOOT!

The list is written in a way that you do not need it. Otherwise i could have just made an alphabetical list of the mods. That would have been sooo much easier! Groups? Pfff, who needs them… Loadorder? Pah, LOOT will fix it.

LOOT is one of those funny lil programs that started out with the best of intentions, and ended up being the banes of many existences. Part of the problem with loot is that it gets part of its data from user-generated metadata (if memory serves). LOOT also looks at mods to try and 'calculate' where they should be in the load order. This does not help either. 

Contrary to what many people say, LOOT does work to a certain extent. If you use LOOT with a collection of mods that has their metadata done properly, or are simple enough for LOOT to do its calculating with, it can do a good job at sorting. But therein lies the caveat. Even if the mod's metadata is up to date, if you give a bunch of complex mods to LOOT (like many of the LL mods and some overhauls), it will not be sorted well. 

If you are in the little leagues of modding, then LOOT can be a viable helpful tool. When I first starting modding FO4, LOOT did help me gain an understanding of load order, and where things should be (Since I had to fix some of its sorts). That being said, if you are trying for a more heavily modded game (Like Kythana's lovely list here), then LOOT is your enemy, and should not be used, much less installed. 

Good to know. I've only started to mod my games a short while back.. i used to play on PS4, tbh.. was so hyped when we finally got mods.. just to be utterly disappointed (Sony restrictions lol) so i moved to PC last year.  but until now i've only played with 10-30 modlists.  then i discovered SL and started to look into how to integrate it in my game in a good RP/lore-friendly setup.  and thats how i found this post. i wiped my entire Skyrim (uninstall/delete files) and followed the guide step by step (except that DynDOLOD stuff that i simply left out, sounded too complicated for me lol). And also the bodyslider and Physic adjustments.. that im not too comfortable tempering with, yet

But im glad you guys are helping, this is a big learning curve for me, as a player who moved from restricted PS4 xD

1 hour ago, asebw said:

LOOT is one of those funny lil programs that started out with the best of intentions, and ended up being the banes of many existences. 

Contrary to what many people say, LOOT does work to a certain extent.

So true on both statements (and the rest too)!

In the beginning it was a great tool. But the more complex mods and their interaction got the less it became a solution but a problem instead. The day i had to set up rules to get a working loadorder was also the day i stopped using it. I prefer to work out a loadorder and simply install the mods following a list i create.

It might not be perfect.

It might not be optimized (although i do my best to get it very very close).

But it will run without issues (as long as you don't have something that could only be classified as a better calculator).

But now to the most important texture mod of them all (which will be added with the next update):

ElSopa HD - Ants ?

Hmmm, got to look if i find something smaller...

1 hour ago, Dpstyle said:

Good to know. I've only started to mod my games a short while back.. i used to play on PS4, tbh.. was so hyped when we finally got mods.. just to be utterly disappointed (Sony restrictions lol) so i moved to PC last year.  but until now i've only played with 10-30 modlists.  then i discovered SL and started to look into how to integrate it in my game in a good RP/lore-friendly setup.  and thats how i found this post. i wiped my entire Skyrim (uninstall/delete files) and followed the guide step by step (except that DynDOLOD stuff that i simply left out, sounded too complicated for me lol). And also the bodyslider and Physic adjustments.. that im not too comfortable tempering with, yet

But im glad you guys are helping, this is a big learning curve for me, as a player who moved from restricted PS4 xD

The DynDOLOD stuff is annoying, but it is not something you want to skip. One of the benefits of DynDOLOD is that it will HELP the game run smoother by compressing and streamlining the textures. After the initial setup, DynDOLOD is easy to deal with, as you just need to run and compress the results to add to your load order. In post 2 of this thread, Kythana put a link to a video that goes over DynDOLOD that is very good and VERY HELPFUL. HOWEVER: be ready to skip a bunch of sections. Much of what is in that video is fairly advanced, and not necessary if you are following Kythana's list.

Actually, for a new modder, you might want to go through much of that second post in detail, and look at some of the attached videos.