Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

Just rechecked the mod list, and I found 2 typos you may want to correct at some point:

Foundation

The lightweight water mod has been renamed to Cathedral Water mode. Not 100% sure if this is something that should be changed since most of the patches /mods still use the old name, but it may warrant an honorable mention to avoid confusion.

Textures

Organic Riften leaves and the dandelions mod got concatinated. The current link points to dandellions.

Also, Honorable mention. While purusing the nexus, I came across this: Adult Slideshow in Loadscreens - NSFW. Basically the same as iluvloading, but with skyrim only content. Not sure if you've seen it before, but I think it is worth mentioning.

14 hours ago, idgaflulz said:

Good find, thats an interesting one. I'll take a look at it.

14 hours ago, asebw said:

Question: Where would you put new follower mods in the list?

Put them at a spot where the mods 'Serana' and 'Valerica' are (got to add that to recommendations later on). 

14 hours ago, cloudmc said:

my game must be cursed... new game, no issue going to Windhelm, but now Riften crashes me...

Such a problem is almost guaranteed to be one with a facegen, mesh or skeleton somewhere. Or DynDOLOD getting extra prissy...

12 hours ago, asebw said:

Just rechecked the mod list, and I found 2 typos you may want to correct at some point:

Foundation

The lightweight water mod has been renamed to Cathedral Water mode. Not 100% sure if this is something that should be changed since most of the patches /mods still use the old name, but it may warrant an honorable mention to avoid confusion.

Textures

Organic Riften leaves and the dandelions mod got concatinated. The current link points to dandellions.

Also, Honorable mention. While purusing the nexus, I came across this: Adult Slideshow in Loadscreens - NSFW. Basically the same as iluvloading, but with skyrim only content. Not sure if you've seen it before, but I think it is worth mentioning.

O.o

Concatinated? Whuz dis? (I actually had to look that one up in a dictionary. It has become rare for me to find a new word. ?)

Checking for things to change now...

€1: Renamed the water mod to 'Cathedral Water Overhaul and Water Edge Bug Fix' (as on the mod page).

€2: Fixed. I saw this happen on another spot before… Hmmm, did i hit some sort of length limit for a post? Might have to remove the descriptions for the groups.

€3: Replaced 'iluvloading' with 'Adult Slideshow in Loadscreens - NSFW'. Change added to post #664.

The one for the slideshow will save me a lot of work later on. Thanks for the suggestion. ?

And a few more screenshots:

Spoiler

Near Riften

ScreenShot392.png.c31d3f8f9fae349ee41227e88d3adbed.png

Entering the second gate

ScreenShot393.png.3b20b58f7d1c5a27fd627304e6b49a2b.png

First gate

ScreenShot395.png.f903c78bf4b75ccc830894e7fc2eaf5e.png

Bunkhouse

ScreenShot396.png.13843b378bda0f588eac4bc8a04858a3.png

To the market

ScreenShot397.png.64a1eb542e096b3a2f6024e28f0f008a.png

Maeve

ScreenShot394.png.bc5f40d9f064243ef637e04211ddb2ca.png

I always forget her name… Kee'something'?

ScreenShot398.png.a04c53292a6555329ff93f2edf4d530d.png

Skyrim in a nutshell:

Spoiler

Old but still good. ?

Six mods more and the list is compatible with the Bethesda update again ('til they 'grace' us with the next one ?).

11 hours ago, Kythana said:

O.o

Concatinated? Whuz dis? (I actually had to look that one up in a dictionary. It has become rare for me to find a new word. ?)

€3: Replaced 'iluvloading' with 'Adult Slideshow in Loadscreens - NSFW'. Change added to post #664.

The one for the slideshow will save me a lot of work later on. Thanks for the suggestion. ?

You learn something new every day.

You're welcome.

Noticed that Whiteburn HD is no longer in the textures list. Is this an intentional or accidental omission (post 664 was not updated with this change)?

UPDATE: Nope, it got concatenated with soul cairn HD, Might want to put a space between the two.

I'm experimenting with some combat and enemy difficulty overhauls, and I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on where they should be in the order. Currently experimenting with:

Wildcat 

dual wield blocking for idiots 

rebalanced encounter zones and leveled actors

high level enemies

skytest

mortal enemies

Any input would be appreciated.

17 minutes ago, asebw said:

I can stop if you need me to.

Don't!

If i make a mistake in the list i'm happy if someone points them out. Otherwise they'd stay in there for quite some time as i might only find them by (more or less) accident...

My FOMOD is now in the hands of the OA and the one who made the conversion. I hope they like what i put together.

41 minutes ago, Kythana said:

Don't!

If i make a mistake in the list i'm happy if someone points them out. Otherwise they'd stay in there for quite some time as i might only find them by (more or less) accident...

My FOMOD is now in the hands of the OA and the one who made the conversion. I hope they like what i put together.

Then I shalt continue.

On a separate subject, Why place the bodyslide meshes/textures in mods? Does that help performance? And the zips, they are just the ones done for that section, and do not include any of the builds from the previous?

They are in there 'cause there would be trouble with the virtual installation and creation of the slides.

What zips?

If you mean the bodyslides then those will get updated later on. But they have to be created first.

5 minutes ago, Kythana said:

They are in there 'cause there would be trouble with the virtual installation and creation of the slides.

What zips?

If you mean the bodyslides then those will get updated later on. But they have to be created first.

Wouldn't just leaving them in the overwrite do the same thing? Not sure why you are packaging the meshes and textures from the bodyslide builds into mods.

Also, do you just package the entire contents of the overwrite textures and meshes into a file, or do you cherry pick the meshes and textures based on the mod category?

@asebw

Afaik they won't stay in there forever. Besides it is only 3-4 mouseclicks, entering a name and you have full control about it. I might be a bit too cautious but in the long run it is always better to play it safe when it comes to modding.

Yes. When the file is created it is only for the ones you need for it to work.

The batches i create are most of the time only for removing unnecessary files (with something to fall back to. Caution, right? ?). I won't help the game if several versions of a texture exist. You can only use one anyway.

The rest will be about picking the imho best texture for its purpose. But thats for later anyway. I'll need days, maybe even weeks, to dig through all the files… And don't remind me of all the typing ahead of me.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 3:42 AM, asebw said:

And there you went and jinxed it. . . 

Hopefully not... But there's something else back.

@cloudmc

Try deactivating 'Dibella Sisterhood'. There might still be an issue with it.

@Adviser69

Make a guess which problem returned…

Looks like Sister Anna in Morvunskar is now causing crashes.

FOMOD - CTD

The updated original files - CTD

Old version 132 - no CTD.

I'll be going to try a mix later (it is 04:00 AM here), facegen from 132 and the rest from the actual version. Lets see how that works out in all locations i know of.

I will try that, it seems very random for my crashes.  I was able to get to Falkreath Hold before I crashed after checking my cache (before this I crashed right as I got in the town).  Then I couldn't ride to Riften so I tried Winterhold, which was no issue.  But now I can't teleport back to Falkreath Hold and walk out without a crash.    Also my torch flames are square..  I would post a screen shot but it seems to delete them when it crashes...

1 hour ago, Kythana said:

Hopefully not... But there's something else back.

@cloudmc

Try deactivating 'Dibella Sisterhood'. There might still be an issue with it.

@Adviser69

Make a guess which problem returned…

Looks like Sister Anna in Morvunskar is now causing crashes.

FOMOD - CTD

The updated original files - CTD

Old version 132 - no CTD.

I'll be going to try a mix later (it is 04:00 AM here), facegen from 132 and the rest from the actual version. Lets see how that works out in all locations i know of.

...give me some time. Got some stuff going on IRL, but I'm gonna re-export the facegens and resave the plugin, AGAIN. Seriously, I don't know how this can be causing so many problems....

10 hours ago, Adviser69 said:

...give me some time. Got some stuff going on IRL, but I'm gonna re-export the facegens and resave the plugin, AGAIN. Seriously, I don't know how this can be causing so many problems....

No problem.

As i now have an idea what to look out for i'll be on it from my side (even if i can only do minor things).  

€1: I may have found something:

Spoiler

Comparison …/Facetint/Skyrim.esm

132 (left) and update (right)

DS01.png.c3857e90a938110e67906af1eedbe9c7.png

Comparison …/facetint/sexlab_dibellacult_sisters.esp

DS02.png.daf8952c601b2157dbf8ac6254267a2c.png

Missing (?) folder in 132

DS03.png.68a6a4d3cda9373d317dcc5cdc082a43.png

We also got a discrepancy with the meshes.

Comparison …/facegeom/sexlab_dibellacult.esp

DS04.png.8ddc67bdac12deccac5299c5cbdd7e87.png

Comparison …/facegeom/sexlab_dibellacult_sisters.esp

132 (left) and update (Right)

DS05.png.5779015a4446b217d254e0ffe0ea7493.png

I'll be copying the missing (?) files into the FOMOD. Nope, that didn't help.

€2: OK, then extracting and comparing everything…

€3: Ouch, i expected a few files less than that.

That needle in the haystack is too much for me to handle (not enough magnets and real experience with mods here). 

Spoiler

DS06.png.8ae038f40f877f9baeb19dd4215b19a2.png

€4: Last attempt: Replacing the new meshes with the old ones. Textures stay updated and adding the missing (?) ones and missing (?) textures.

That worked!

Rechecking every known location with sisters for CTD.

Morvunskar OK

Hot Springs OK

Shrine of Dibella OK

Temple of Dibella OK

Broken Tower Redoubt OK

New run: Replacing the new meshes with the old ones. Textures stay updated and removing the assumed missing meshes and missing textures.

Rechecking every known location with sisters for CTD.

Morvunskar OK

Hot Springs OK

Shrine of Dibella OK

Temple of Dibella OK

Broken Tower Redoubt OK

So there were no missing meshes causing the problem. In this case presumably only the one for Sister Anna. Hmmm, i wonder if a downgrade fixing a bug can still be called a 'downgrade' or does it become an 'upgrade' then? ?

For all who enter...

Spoiler

… loose hope and have a CTD - signed 'your meshes'. ?

ScreenShot428.png.ab100ac31a5b745883736505dea7d941.png

Who is laughing now? - signed 'a stubborn user'. ?

ScreenShot430.png.d4945022ce1887bf92a45097af5de8e9.png

1 hour ago, Adviser69 said:

Honestly, I've never had one mod give me so much of a damn headache...

Same here. Now it seems to work and i uploaded a file for you and DeepBlueFrog to look over.

But in the end all that matters is that we (without your help i'd never have gotten this far) got a solution for the <censored> <censored> <censored> bug. ?

I'll be sort of 'off' for a little while. Got to keep a promise...

Just thought i'd throw this out there since it happened to me, but if you are experiencing a problem with the game hanging on the main menu screen, it might be because of the RS Children Overhaul mod. the current build has a bad call in one of the records that causes the game to crash. There's instructions on how to get rid of it in the posts section, if one wants to try to use xedit ><.

Just throwing this out there in case anyone gets the issue. Hopefully this will save you some time troubleshooting your mod list.