Skyrim SE for Beginners - V 3.2.6 (3BBB / HDT-SMP / HPH)

Does anyone know how to get bleepin papyrus to generate a log when the game CTDs? I'm trying to track an issue with another mod not on this list, and after going through several articles on the subject, I can't seem to get the damn thing to cough up a log.

Is there a mod that is listed here that alters the amount that a weapon is seen in first person perspective? It's driving me crazy and I can't seem to figure out which one it is. I've enabled and disabled everything I can think of and played around with XP32 settings and nothing's working. When I swing my sword I can see it return to it's default position for half a second, but them it drops down to my waist. Any ideas?

56 minutes ago, eidtelnvil said:

Is there a mod that is listed here that alters the amount that a weapon is seen in first person perspective? It's driving me crazy and I can't seem to figure out which one it is. I've enabled and disabled everything I can think of and played around with XP32 settings and nothing's working. When I swing my sword I can see it return to it's default position for half a second, but them it drops down to my waist. Any ideas?

It could be the stance animation. The XP32 skeleton comes with a number of stance options for holding and carrying weapons. Might be the animation you picked that is the issue. Try re-installing it and going through the options.

@asebw papyrus isn't really a log in that sense, I have been trying to figure it out myself.  The only thing I can find is that SKSE LE use to make minidumps but those are not working, and the .Net Framework would give a good log but that isn't updated to even the last update so if you have SKSE 2.0.15 it won't work.  Other than that I can't find anything that logs real CTD data.  All I can do is echo what I was told, try disabling 10 or so mods that might be causing it, if you can get by without the CDT then try to enable 1/2 of them back, if it still doesn't crash try another 1/2 and so on.  If it crashes then you know it's within the 1/2 you enabled.  

@eidtelnvil Joy of Prospective mods 1st person.

hi. Can I ask does anyone know, based on the mod list, which ones governs the whiterun guards?

I've followed almost everything to the letter, (with exception of adding some mods like the bijins, my own fnis output, etc, some adjustments of details from 4k or 2k to 1k etc), but for some reason, the whiterun guards go invisible. The only thing I see are their faces, and their swords. If i'm lucky, I see their boots. 

Can any kind soul point out which mod may have governed that?

From what I learn, the missing / invisible textures are caused by mods overlapping, right? But i just don't see what mod is causing it to misbehave. Or maybe I'm not placing the mod correctly.

So far so good, except for longer loading times, the game runs just fine, and i'm very impressed with the heaven and earth differences in the graphics department.

7 hours ago, cloudmc said:

@asebw papyrus isn't really a log in that sense, I have been trying to figure it out myself.  The only thing I can find is that SKSE LE use to make minidumps but those are not working, and the .Net Framework would give a good log but that isn't updated to even the last update so if you have SKSE 2.0.15 it won't work.  Other than that I can't find anything that logs real CTD data.  All I can do is echo what I was told, try disabling 10 or so mods that might be causing it, if you can get by without the CDT then try to enable 1/2 of them back, if it still doesn't crash try another 1/2 and so on.  If it crashes then you know it's within the 1/2 you enabled.  

@eidtelnvil Joy of Prospective mods 1st person.

ARGH! I've used it for months and never had this problem. I must have reinstalled it at some point and choice an option I didn't want.

Thank you so ****ing much! I can actually see my sword again.

Updating Status to 'Release 1.3.4'.

This is a upgrade to finetune a few things and add details. There's no need to rerun DynDOLOD or QUASIP.

Moved mods:

Honored Hounds                                                                          - to 'LL'. (Done)

Supreme Chaurus Hunters                                                          - to 'LL'. (Done)

REMOVED mods:

Improved Hearthfire Lighting SE                                                    - Incompatible to ELE. (Done)

Hedge Mage Armor SSE                                                                - Sadly there is no way to get a patch for JoP. (Done) ?

Hedge Mage Armor SSE - Hood With Hair                                    - Not needed anymore. (Done)

CC patches                                                                                    - Some seem to cause CTD. (Done)

Added mods:

ElSopa HD - Ants                                                                           - to 'NPC and Creatures'. (Done)

Enderal Music for Skyrim Special Edition                                      - to 'Sound'. (Done)

Enhanced Lighting for ENB (ELE)                                                 - to 'Weather and Lighting'. (Done)

Gritty Goats                                                                                   - to 'LL'. (Done)

HD Saw dust                                                                                 - to 'Textures'. (Done)

Less Ugly Tundragrass                                                                 - to 'Foundation'. (Done)

Less Ugly Tundragrass - Redder Variant                                      - to 'Foundation'. (Done)

Occlusion Culling World Space                                                     - to 'Override'. (Done)

Rudy HQ - Hay SE                                                                        - to 'Textures'. (Done)

Rudy HQ - More Lights for ENB SE - Bthardamz                          - to 'Weather and Lighting'. (Done)

Rudy HQ - More Lights for ENB SE - Chaurus Eggs and Sacs    - to 'Weather and Lighting'. (Done)

Sexlab Eager NPC's SE (SLEN)                                                   - to 'LL'. (Done)

Testing atm:
Sanguine Debauchery In progress…

Interior Floating Fog Remover In progress…

Absolute Arachnophobia

Sometimes this site is a bit wonky. I needed three attempts to save all the changes...

16 hours ago, asebw said:

There's only two or three mods in the list that would effect textures: Smoking torches, embers hd (possibly), and a third one that is a patch for smoking torches. Try disabling these three and see if there is a difference? Also, are you using an ENB? Might be a long shot, but maybe your ENB is being weird?

not me.. my torches look pretty damn awsome, only issue i was having before i switched enb was the fog at night was blinding. and it was actually disconcerting, you could hear the damn wolves, but until they were biting you, no idea where they were.

ELE seems unbelievably dark. I can't see anything inside a dungeon. Also, I know you aren't big on LOOT but it's screaming that Luminosity and ELE aren't compatible. I've run the game fine with both, but can't tell a difference between running it with it on or off.

15 hours ago, cloudmc said:

Thanks, yeah auto clean is nice, but that is what f'ed up my Dawnguard (I thought it was HF but I see on the forums I looked at it was DG).  I broke the link so people don't just click and try to clean as I do not know if these are the right steps

Hide contents

h.t.t.p.s://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/articles/875

yes, they are the right steps, but what it doesn't tell you is to make a copy of the dlc before you clean, and move the cleaned ones after, or steam will overwrite them. Michael over at gamerspoets on youtube made a vid to walk someone thru the entire process. 

6 minutes ago, eidtelnvil said:

ELE seems unbelievably dark. I can't see anything inside a dungeon. Also, I know you aren't big on LOOT but it's screaming that Luminosity and ELE aren't compatible. I've run the game fine with both, but can't tell a difference between running it with it on or off.

if they are in the order of the list they are compatible, one does one thing the other does a little tweaking of the first ones changes.

14 hours ago, asebw said:

Does anyone know how to get bleepin papyrus to generate a log when the game CTDs? I'm trying to track an issue with another mod not on this list, and after going through several articles on the subject, I can't seem to get the damn thing to cough up a log.

in MO2 click the puzzle pieces at the top, drop down to ini editor. after your skyrim ini opens up scroll down to papyrus. It should have a whole list of items like this

[Papyrus]

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0

bEnableLogging=1

bEnableTrace=1

bLoadDebugInformation=0

[Launcher]

bEnableFileSelection=1

If the number after = is 1 then logging is enabled. if it is 0 then it is disabled. the logs will be in your personal files (C:\Users\USER\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Logs\Script

But it's not really a crash log. it will show you what the game was doing when it crashed, and if you take the time to edit it you can see any errors and warnings that have happened but as far as telling you what caused the crash, not really, just what it was doing when it crashed, it will help narrow it down though.

6 hours ago, spiritsong said:

hi. Can I ask does anyone know, based on the mod list, which ones governs the whiterun guards?

I've followed almost everything to the letter, (with exception of adding some mods like the bijins, my own fnis output, etc, some adjustments of details from 4k or 2k to 1k etc), but for some reason, the whiterun guards go invisible. The only thing I see are their faces, and their swords. If i'm lucky, I see their boots. 

Can any kind soul point out which mod may have governed that?

From what I learn, the missing / invisible textures are caused by mods overlapping, right? But i just don't see what mod is causing it to misbehave. Or maybe I'm not placing the mod correctly.

So far so good, except for longer loading times, the game runs just fine, and i'm very impressed with the heaven and earth differences in the graphics department.

Guards Armor Replacer. and since they are wearable outfits did you run bodyslide for them? (i think i did mine, don't hold me to that though)

On 6/22/2019 at 4:37 PM, asebw said:

There's only two or three mods in the list that would effect textures: Smoking torches, embers hd (possibly), and a third one that is a patch for smoking torches. Try disabling these three and see if there is a difference? Also, are you using an ENB? Might be a long shot, but maybe your ENB is being weird?

Embers HD is the culprit..  now to figure out why...

--- 

Reinstalled Embers HD and now flames are correct, but the freaking CTD has re-appeared and it's random when it strikes...

----

Would not having loaded animations cause this?  I just noticed SexLab had no animations for creatures or people... Didn't fix it

---

Downloaded a clean save with no mods, no crash with all of the Unofficial CC patches disabled, almost immediately when enabled and coc windhelmbridge01

Now on to testing them 1/2 at a time

---

Down to the last few, it appears to be in Sunder, Tundra, Sheogarath or Stendarr's.  I got a crash once I enabled those 4, after that I only have 4 more to enable and test.  I f...ing hate CTD...  It's back now with the ones I tested with no issues.  Maybe a better idea would be to remove the CC and patches...

In case it helps anyone, or if anyone knows... This is where SkyrimSE fails...

Spoiler

ExceptionAddress: 00007ff6d4423ddd (SkyrimSE+0x00000000009c3ddd)
   ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
  ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 2
   Parameter[0]: 0000000000000000
   Parameter[1]: 0000022872a841ac
Attempt to read from address 0000022872a841ac
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  INVALID_POINTER_READ

PROCESS_NAME:  SkyrimSE.exe

FOLLOWUP_IP: 
SkyrimSE+9c3ddd
00007ff6`d4423ddd f6048104        test    byte ptr [rcx+rax*4],4

9 hours ago, jaeos said:

Guards Armor Replacer. and since they are wearable outfits did you run bodyslide for them? (i think i did mine, don't hold me to that though)

14 hours ago, Kythana said:

@spiritsong

Recheck 'Guards Armor Replacer'. ?

Thank you to you two!
Found out that was indeed the culprit. 

Turns out i did download it, but didn't install it. After installing it, it was on a wrong order, so I popped it (both mod load order and also plugin load order) right into where it belong (following the list) and problem solved!

Many thanks!

There are still some other bugs, but also thank you for the modlist. I had to disable ENB because for some reason, something was blocking the skse from running skyrim, but even without ENB, it looked pretty good (anything that's better than vanilla is better to me). It looks very colourful (the entire world) and detailed. Not to the point of ultra realism, but do keep up the good work!

13 hours ago, cloudmc said:

I f...ing hate CTD...  It's back now with the ones I tested with no issues.  Maybe a better idea would be to remove the CC and patches...

Thats enough for me. I'll remove the entry for the patches from the list and put up a warning.

Hi all.

Thanks for the guide @Kythana and everybody else helping out.

Have you had a look at the skyrim beautification project (http://www.skyrim-beautification-project.com/se/) before? 

There is quite an extensive list of texture replacers if you were maybe looking for a few more ideas to make the game better looking.

I am adding a few things into my load order from his guide.

Just thought I would mention it if it could maybe help with a few ideas.

I've just de-installed Skyrim and moved over to SE. I've got some mods installed and seem to be doing okay, but your list....

Wow.

I'm going to add every single one in and see what happens. Just for s&g :) Bit of a shame that I'm at level 35 but hey, I've lost count of the number of times I've restarted :D 

Just want to say thanks for the list - I seem to spend an inordinate amount of time buggering around with mods - just moved Fallout 4 over to Vortex and that was a palaver and a half.

One question: flower girls or Sexlab for an initial animation handler?

22 hours ago, jaeos said:

in MO2 click the puzzle pieces at the top, drop down to ini editor. after your skyrim ini opens up scroll down to papyrus. It should have a whole list of items like this

[Papyrus]

fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0

bEnableLogging=1

bEnableTrace=1

bLoadDebugInformation=0

[Launcher]

bEnableFileSelection=1

If the number after = is 1 then logging is enabled. if it is 0 then it is disabled. the logs will be in your personal files (C:\Users\USER\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\Logs\Script

But it's not really a crash log. it will show you what the game was doing when it crashed, and if you take the time to edit it you can see any errors and warnings that have happened but as far as telling you what caused the crash, not really, just what it was doing when it crashed, it will help narrow it down though.

Thank you, this is what I was looking for. Everything else said to modify SkyrimPrefs.ini. . . I know its not a crash dump, but sometimes, just knowing what the game was in the middle of doing when it goes belly up can be just as helpful.

@Kythana

So, after spending all of yesterday rebuilding my mod list to deal with some errors I've been getting, I went through the list can came across some things to be addressed.

Enhanced Vanilla Tree Lods - comes up as enhanced vanilla tree billboards on the nexus page, and shows up in MO2 as Billboards Generator.

Creation club patches - This one is actually a bit of good news. Garthand rolled all of his patches into a single mod file with an installer that lets you select which ones to install. The nexus page can be found here: Unofficial Skyrim Creation Club Content Patches

Rudy HQ Miscellaneous SE: There is no base mod for this set. Is the first one supposed to be the rest? Also, the pottery comes in 3 flavours in 2k and 4k respectively. Some addendum to these entries in the list might be necessary to clear up any potential confusion.

Reading Improves Speech: Why yes, there is harm in reading a book. I mean, look what happened to Ash in the evil dead series ?

For your consideration: Have you ever looked at Wearable Lanterns? If so, what are your thoughts?

I'm having an interesting error with the skyrim particle patch for ENB. Since i've started using this list, i've had this issue with some of the white water textures.

Spoiler

ScreenShot2.png.e7ce39f07a1603de90229724cadab8e6.png

After a long process of elimination, I have been able to confirm that the patch is the problem. Has anyone had a similar issue with it?