Sexlab LightMeUp for Oldrim

Sexlab LightMeUp for Oldrim

View File

This mod was not made by me. I didn't even used it. I'm just the caretaker.

I didn't ask Yinkle why he leaves. I just asked him to leave his mods for the community, because a lot of ppl like what he has done and he said it is ok if I take care of them.

I will do this with respect for him and with respect of his work. 

A lighting addon for sexlab. It simply hooks into the animation start event from sexlab and if the lighting level is below a certain threshold, drops some lights on participants, then removes them at the end.

NB: Version 2.9.3 added optional lighting for TDF Prostitution dancers but it requires the SE SLEN version of TDF Prostitution, I tried to find a solution without my additions in the SLEN version but couldn't. Toggling this on won't do any harm but it won't work without the above which is SE only.

NB: Version 2.9.2 requires the previous version to be removed and cleaned from your save due to the many changes including the plugin name. This won't be neccesary in future but there's no way around it for this update, sorry!

NB: as of version 2.4: Lightmeup now requires powerofthree's Papyrus Extender

This is a back port from my SSE mod, I figured why not make an oldrim version too, you can look at the changelog or grab the SSE version etc here

Have fun :)

Credits:

Ashal for Sexlab Framework
Powerofthree for PO3 papyrus extender
user_no_3453 for scripting contributions
everyone who has made useful suggestions/comments

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/13/2019
  • Category
  • Requires
    Sexlab framework, powerofthree's Papyrus Extender
  • Special Edition Compatible
    No

i've been wanting this exact mod. is there any way you could make it so it's always on during scenes, and/or add a way to toggle it on and off?

edit: it doesn't always turn on even if it seems dark enough that it should

Thank you for this, it's working well for me.   Does exactly what it says.

Lighting is obviously a matter of personal preference and graphics settings, but I found the defaults too bright.  I halved the red/green/blue values on the lights and got a nice subdued effect (just sharing in case anyone else wants to dim the illumination a little and would like a starting point). 

4 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Thank you for this, it's working well for me.   Does exactly what it says.

Lighting is obviously a matter of personal preference and graphics settings, but I found the defaults too bright.  I halved the red/green/blue values on the lights and got a nice subdued effect (just sharing in case anyone else wants to dim the illumination a little and would like a starting point). 

Indeed, this is why I mentioned editing the fade values. Sadly I'm not capable of making an easier way to do this with the same amount of control.

12 hours ago, Yinkle said:

Indeed, this is why I mentioned editing the fade values. Sadly I'm not capable of making an easier way to do this with the same amount of control.

Not to worry, the mod works fine as-is.  Changing the light color or fade values is a simple edit with TES5Edit or the creation kit.

It's also great for adjusting sex poses in poorly lit areas too. It makes it SO much easier to see what's lined up or not.   There is however, one suggestion I'd like to make for the mod...add an on/off toggle for areas that are very brightly lit (like Palace of the Kings in Windhelm) but it's not a big deal

Unfortunately  it seems to be very hit and miss. Does it have to be practically pitch black for it to work? I'm guessing lighting conditions have nothing to do with screen brightness/Imaginator, anything that messes brightness outside of the game variables? What are the environmental conditions? Time of day? Location dark cave or something? Editing this thing I'm afraid is beyond me. Are there any ENB series settings that needs to be changed? I just use ENB Boost, but the game will still create a ENB Series file with a bunch of environmental settings. 

Thoughts?   THANKS!

29 minutes ago, jpee1965 said:

Unfortunately  it seems to be very hit and miss. Does it have to be practically pitch black for it to work? I'm guessing lighting conditions have nothing to do with screen brightness/Imaginator, anything that messes brightness outside of the game variables? What are the environmental conditions? Time of day? Location dark cave or something? Editing this thing I'm afraid is beyond me. Are there any ENB series settings that needs to be changed? I just use ENB Boost, but the game will still create a ENB Series file with a bunch of environmental settings. 

Thoughts?   THANKS!

Hiya,

sorry to hear you are having issues. The mod simply checks for the in game lighting level on the 1st actor in the scene, if this value is above 50 (range 0-150) then the lights won't switch on. I'm fairly sure this value wouldn't be affected by enb or imaginator but I could be wrong. I might have to make a way to change this value as it seems it doesn't suit everyone. Possibly a simple 1 page mcm config, I can add a few other options too if enogh folk are keen for this.

Personally I think that the mod should be kept as simple as possible but maybe things like this should be user configurable in game.

Reading the post above I'm thinking about adding an mcm config with minimal options for the mod, namely these:

1/ enable lighting toggle (for option 2)

2/ toggle lights always on or always off

3/ slider for lighting level switch (if the above is not enabled)

Please let me know your thoughts folks. I'm not about to do this immediately but would like some feedback/ideas :)

On 2/21/2019 at 12:27 PM, Yinkle said:

Reading the post above I'm thinking about adding an mcm config with minimal options for the mod, namely these:

1/ enable lighting toggle (for option 2)

2/ toggle lights always on or always off

3/ slider for lighting level switch (if the above is not enabled)

Please let me know your thoughts folks. I'm not about to do this immediately but would like some feedback/ideas :)

Yes SIR! Make it so with all possible speed!!

On 2/24/2019 at 5:30 AM, TnTTnT said:

I think adding a short delay after sex scene finish before turn off lighting would be a plus too.  ?

+1 :classic_cool:

That would be the best feature combination

• manual toggle for on off at any situation, key configurable in the CK. Please keep in mind that we have mouse buttons, too. Oh, and please keep in mind to it that they are not programmed to be exclusive.
  • a SL-scene lights-always-on toggle with configurable light level and delay after the scene.

Just another idea, but veeery low on the priority list

Instead of abrupt on-off behaviour, would it be posssible to gradually raise the light level and dim it afterwards? Like a fade-in/fade-out effect?

Edit:

For your screenshot collection - perfect ambient light where it would be veeery dark and grey in my game otherwise

Spoiler

S124594.jpg.fa3d3d8720fd0ece4d636cac14f5f385.jpg

On 2/24/2019 at 4:30 AM, TnTTnT said:

I think adding a short delay after sex scene finish before turn off lighting would be a plus too.

This could be done

On 2/24/2019 at 4:49 AM, worik said:

would it be posssible to gradually raise the light level and dim it afterwards? Like a fade-in/fade-out effect?

Sadly this can't be done as far as I know. If you set the fade boolean to true in the disablenowait/enable functions it has no effect on lights. I've no idea if there is any other way this could be done.

36 minutes ago, Yinkle said:

Sadly this can't be done as far as I know. If you set the fade boolean to true in the disablenowait/enable functions it has no effect on lights. I've no idea if there is any other way this could be done.

Thanks for havng a look at it.

It was just a minor idea anyway. It's already fine as it is now. No need to waste more time on it. :classic_smile: