Sexlab LightMeUp for Oldrim

7 minutes ago, Asertyp said:

Useful mod.

For complete happiness, you need to add the option to adjust the backlight brightness through MCM.

I'd love to add this option but as far as I can tell there is no simple way to interface with light brightness using papyrus. I think somone a lot brighter (no pun intended) than me would need to write an skse plugin to accomplish this.

What I could do is to add a range of lights with diferent fade values and then add an mcm option to select which set of lights are desired. While not ideal this would negate the need to edit the esp in tesedit or the ck

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In addition to the recent additions for light levels and radius I'm thinking of adding the option to change the colours of the lights, MCM settings on each light for "white, pale, blue, red, yellow, green, orange". This should be possible with the PO3 plugin but I wanted to check if folk would like it as a feature before doing the work.

It's a good idea. A couple of years ago, I requested a mod that would work like Facelight, but for the the crotch (I dubbed it "Crotchlight"). The guy said he wouldn't even try, but now there's this. Thanks a ton.

If I would request such a thing, it would be to automatically adjust the lighting based on the darkness value in interiors or night time darkness levels so the lighting is constantly working in the dark. If there isn't any interest, thanks for the consideration anyway, and keep up the good work.

On 2/28/2019 at 3:14 PM, Asertyp said:

Useful mod.

For complete happiness, you need to add the option to adjust the backlight brightness through MCM.

Your wish has been granted! Thanks to the PO3 plugin we can now adjust the levels and radius of the lights in version 2.4+ :)

2 minutes ago, Storms of Superior said:

If I would request such a thing, it would be to automatically adjust the lighting based on the darkness value in interiors or night time darkness levels so the lighting is constantly working in the dark

There is a setting in place to enable/disable the lights depending on light levels but it seems that the GetLightLevel() function can be flakey hence I added the manual override setting. Adding levels settings based on ambient light levels would likely cause additional problems as well as more overhead so I likely won't do it, I like the idea though :)

Ok, the game really needs a mod like this, but here is my feedback:

1. Manual "on/off" should just switch the lights on/off, period. So if in a scene and I want lights I can activate them and if they are on and I dont want them, they should deactivate. 
A toggle for the auto lighting is just... I dont even see the point of it? :D

2. What does "fade lights" even do? Is it reducing the light intensity? Because that is what the mods needs. I tried the earlier version and all the light was just too bright and killed immersion. I basically need a very dim light, that just illuminates the scene enough to see details, but does not kill the immersion of the scenes location (dark caves etc.)

3. Light color options would be a blast. 

4. I understand you use 4 different lights for this mod? why not add for each light:

- Brightness (down to zero for more dramatic options)

- Radius

- Color 

5. Add the option for automatic lighting to: "Always Activate Light Me Up" (deactivating the minimum light detection thingy). 

Questions:

I dont understand how "minimal light for automatic activation" works. Can you explain? 

This would make the mod a must have for me and probably others, too. 

28 minutes ago, Nymra said:

Ok, the game really needs a mod like this, but here is my feedback:

1. Manual "on/off" should just switch the lights on/off, period. So if in a scene and I want lights I can activate them and if they are on and I dont want them, they should deactivate. 
A toggle for the auto lighting is just... I dont even see the point of it? :D

2. What does "fade lights" even do? Is it reducing the light intensity? Because that is what the mods needs. I tried the earlier version and all the light was just too bright and killed immersion. I basically need a very dim light, that just illuminates the scene enough to see details, but does not kill the immersion of the scenes location (dark caves etc.)

3. Light color options would be a blast. 

4. I understand you use 4 different lights for this mod? why not add for each light:

- Brightness (down to zero for more dramatic options)

- Radius

- Color 

5. Add the option for automatic lighting to: "Always Activate Light Me Up" (deactivating the minimum light detection thingy). 

Questions:

I dont understand how "minimal light for automatic activation" works. Can you explain? 

This would make the mod a must have for me and probably others, too. 

1. Adding an on/off switch for once the lights are spawned would add complexity that the mod doesn't need.

2. I just uploaded a new version which changes "fade value" to "brightness" in the mcm names. (higher value means brighter lights)

3. Added in 2.5

4. All present in 2.5

5. This is what the manual toggle is for. If this is toggled on you can then set LightMeUp to always switch on or never switch on

Q. minimum light level for auto activation works like this:

When a scene starts, LightMeUp runs the GetLightLevel() function on the 1st actor in the scene. This returns a numerical value between 0 and 150 depending on the ambient light level on the actor. If this value is lower than the threshold set in the MCM then Lights will be used.

The manual toggle bypasses this check completely. This is useful In some situations, for example, if you have a follower holding a torch, then the lights might not switch on (depending on how low the auto lighting threshold is set).

59 minutes ago, Yinkle said:

1. Adding an on/off switch for once the lights are spawned would add complexity that the mod doesn't need.

2. I just uploaded a new version which changes "fade value" to "brightness" in the mcm names. (higher value means brighter lights)

3. Added in 2.5

4. All present in 2.5

5. This is what the manual toggle is for. If this is toggled on you can then set LightMeUp to always switch on or never switch on

Q. minimum light level for auto activation works like this:

When a scene starts, LightMeUp runs the GetLightLevel() function on the 1st actor in the scene. This returns a numerical value between 0 and 150 depending on the ambient light level on the actor. If this value is lower than the threshold set in the MCM then Lights will be used.

The manual toggle bypasses this check completely. This is useful In some situations, for example, if you have a follower holding a torch, then the lights might not switch on (depending on how low the auto lighting threshold is set).

Ah, I see! Thank you very much for the clarification.
I will test the new version  right away :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I was trying to find a solution for this problem and even extended QuickLight with this:

Spoiler

Scriptname aaaQLEffectScript extends ActiveMagicEffect

SexLabFramework property SexLab auto
Spell property QuickLight auto
Actor property PlayerRef auto

Form[] linkedActors = None

Event OnEffectStart(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)
    if (akTarget != PlayerRef)
        return
    endif

sslThreadController slScene = SexLab.GetActorController(akTarget)

if (slScene == None)
        return
    endif

Actor[] actorList = slScene.Positions

if (actorList == None || actorList.Length < 2)
        return
    endif

linkedActors = Utility.CreateFormArray(actorList.Length - 1)

int i = 0
    int j = 0

while (i < actorList.Length)
        Actor a = actorList[i]

if (a != None && a != akTarget)
            a.AddSpell(QuickLight, false)
            linkedActors[j] = a

j += 1
        endif

i += 1
    endwhile
EndEvent

Event OnEffectFinish(Actor akTarget, Actor akCaster)
    if (linkedActors == None)
        return
    endif

int i = 0

while (i < linkedActors.Length)
        Actor a = linkedActors[i] as Actor

if (a != None)
            a.RemoveSpell(QuickLight)
        endif

i += 1
    endwhile
EndEvent

QuickLight is good for face light but unfortunately not so much for some lower body parts.

This mod however adds more than one light mesh, increasing the illumination angle.

Alas, the way it works is less than ideal for me.

I've taken the liberty of rewriting its script to repurpose the hotkey into a dynamic lights on/off during an animation, while keeping the rest functioning the same as it did before.

My changes are:

1. Hotkey is now a lights on/off key for use during an animation.
  2. Lights are only placed for player scenes (NPC scenes are now ignored by the script).
  3. Light objects will be moved automatically after a scene relocation.
  4. Fixed the script not registering for SexLab events after the first time.
  5. Improved the code with a lock and a state.
  6. A couple of fixes that I've forgotten about.

Just overwrite the original scripts with the ones from the attached file. No need to reinstall the mod either.

(DS edit: upload removed)

• 1 month later...

Finally got around to updating this version to the same features as the SE one. Quite a lot has changed so please check it out using the link below.

Note that I've changed the esp plugin name so you might want to clean the earlier version from your save before installing this.

Changelog here

So... why was my modified version removed?

At first I thought you had just implemented the changes into yours, but from the changelog you've only implemented the fixes back into the LE version, the main feature, toggling the lights on and off manually is still not present and that was the whole reason I even bothered modifying the original code, and I assume from the posts above, other people asked for this aswell.

The only notification I'd was that you quoted me, but the post is no longer around... I am clueless.

Changes in 2.9.2 since the previous LE version:

Keymaps do nothing while in menu mode (when the game is paused).
Adds a new "Testing" keymap option to the MCM that allows you to test your lighting profile for a configurable amount of time centred on the player character.
Adds an event listener for Sexlab "ActorsRelocated" which is called when you use the "Move Scene" hotkey. Now, when you use this hotkey, once the scene restarts the lights will be deleted and placed again on the new position.
Registers the keybinds if they are mapped each time the game is loaded. This applies to the manual lights keybind and the light level detection keybind.

Adds Profiling to the lighting settings thanks to Ashal's excellent PapyrusUtil.
You can choose one of 5 lighting profiles in the MCM

Changed settings will only apply to the current profile
NB: Changed profile settings will only be persistant if you save your game. They will be saved to an external file which is then read from when you change profile.
The idea Behind this is that if you decide to start a new game your lighting settings will be saved! :)

Added to the MCM: Optional keybind for checking the light level on the player character. It simply outputs a debug notification showing the value as an integer when the key is pressed (unmapped by default).
Sexlab modevents are re-registered each time the game loads now.

8 hours ago, Hawk9969 said:

So... why was my modified version removed?

It's OK to modify these scripts or any other mod for yor own use and I appreciate suggestions but it's a terms violation to post your own version in a mod's thread (hence why the moderator removed it) so please don't do this again, thanks.

I didn't look at your script but if you have a suggestion to improve this mod then PM me and I'll look into it.

4 hours ago, imauto93 said:

Sexlab LightMeUp for Oldrim Updated version (Sexlab LightMeUp LE 2.9.2.7z) has errors~! (Attach as picture)

In addition to what @Whizkid said.

did you clean the previous version from your save game before installing 2.9.2?

I've made this version more inline with the SE version so that updating it will be less hassle in future. This is why it's important to clean the previous one before installing this.

1 hour ago, Yinkle said:

It's OK to modify these scripts or any other mod for yor own use and I appreciate suggestions but it's a terms violation to post your own version in a mod's thread (hence why the moderator removed it) so please don't do this again, thanks.

I didn't look at your script but if you have a suggestion to improve this mod then PM me and I'll look into it.

So much wrong in here.

First off, obviously it's okay to modify the scripts for personal use as you have no way to control whether I do this or not.

Second, someone asked for the keybind to be a dynamic lights on/off just a few posts above and you said no.

On 4/8/2019 at 9:21 AM, Yinkle said:

And finally third, I didn't violate anything.

1. There is no license in either the mod's page nor the downloaded file.
  2. I didn't violate your precious "copyright" on a goddamned mesh spawner (only reason I didn't do one myself earlier is that I didn't want to spend time adjusting their positions when that has already been done). That's exactly why I posted it on your mod's page, didn't add any credits to myself, and didn't remove any of yours.
  3. This is an account with a random name attached to it so people won't recognize me in here; I've no intention to gain anything from "stealing" your intelectual property. My only intention was to contribute back. Have you ever heard of fair use?

I've done this to other mods in here (Fade to Black, Cumshot, etc) and had no issues so far, so I am positive it was you crying to a moderator.

I am done with LL, not only do I spend a huge amount of time inputting stupid recaptchas (5+ daily even when left logged through cookies) with the owner telling me I deserve this treatment for believing Google is evil, but now this, where FAIR USE contributions are treated as copyright infringement.

Skyrim modders at it again, being worse than AAA companies... such irony.

From now on, I'll just use LL to do the occasional mod (that can't be found anywhere else) update. I am not uploading anything anymore nor helping out.

Sorry, but this crosses the retarded line for me aswell as being a huge middle finger.

It's high time we get a BitChute-like modding hosting service where shit like this can't be pulled.

P.S. Just a reminder that any mod or plugin that I've posted on LL is licenseless and free to modify as you wish. You do not need to:

1. Ask permission.
  2. Credit me (although that would fall into common sense and being a nice person).