Sexlab LightMeUp for Oldrim

1 hour ago, Yinkle said:

Get something for free and throw a fit because I don't want randoms posting "fixes" in this thread? What about the mod user who comes along and uses this "fix" on an updated version of the mod? Pff some people...

LOL, asks for a moderator to remove a fair use non licensed contribution added to his own mod page that was marked as "no longer updated" and has the audacity to tell me I am throwing a fit... What to expect from a guy that manages to misspell Einstein.

Also very nice refute for every single point I've made.

But anyway, don't you worry about me having the privilege of using your thing for free, I've already deleted it and adjusted the positions for my own meshes, and considering I'd already rewritten the main script almost entirely and I don't need the MCM for this all that is needed is for me to add the entries to the esp.

I'll no longer hurt your ego by uploading an attachment to your mod adding a functionality that you refused to do, with the excuse that it would add too much complexity, when in reality rewriting the whole script took me less than an hour.

Plus, QuickLight already did most of the job for me, the only thing that was missing was a light source at some regions as I had previously mentioned, which I've it now with my repositioned meshes.

I don't need nor want anything from shitty individuals or companies, more so when it's something so trivial that I can easily create my own solution.

Also, read this and learn how a healthy modding community works: https://wryemusings.com/Cathedral vs. Parlor.html

Hawk565489036754 or whatever you call yourself, I'm now ignoring your comments so don't bother replying. I'd just like to point out that had you contacted me about contributing to the mod instead of making derisive comments and posting your scripts in this thread things might have gone very diferently. Just a FYI for future reference if you want to get on well in life.

It's your and your mod's loss, not mine. I already made my own with no assets from your mod just so I can not deal with people like you, I really don't lose anything.

However, had you read the link I gave you, you would see this described scenario:

Modding is a Joint Effort
Almost all of Morrowind modding is a group effort to one degree or another. There are very few mods that do not owe huge debts to earlier produced mods and/or to the expertise and tools provided by earlier modders.

New Work vs. Duplication
The Cathedral view vastly reduces duplication of effort – instead promoting either improvements in, or extensions of the original, or the creation of entirely new, complementary works. One doesn't have go far in reviewing one's mod library to see quite a few of these examples of mods that extend or fix earlier mods. E.g.: LGNPC, Adventure, Join All Houses, CharGen, Inferno's Island, Kivan's patches, alchemy sorters, etc.

Perfection vs. Stagnation
The Cathedral view tends towards perfection, while the Parlor view tends towards repetition and stagnation. Repetition, because earlier useful works that have been closed off have to be recreated. Stagnation, because this fails to lead to improvements, and more importantly because few modders are interested in replicating something that has already been done before. (Especially since, if they knew of the original, they probably have a copy of the original mod, and hence have no personal need to recreate it.

Anyway, you were the one that went behind my back to ask a moderator to delete it rather than contact me or at least take a look at the code and implement it back, and a merely "thank you" would've sufficed, but no, you had to be a control freak (ala fore) and take actions that would harm your own work (just like Nemesis).

And the only reason I even bothered arguing, something that you did not with your fallacies (you are breaking a ToS), name calling (psycho) and then leaving the argument without addressing any of my points, is because a moderator was involved and didn't even bother to contact me beforehand to listen to my side.

For any new modders, let this be a lesson, read the link above written by Wrye (Wrye Bash's original author) and if someone is contributing to your work without bothering you or taking credits, let him, it will only benefit your work and the users relying on it.

If you want my new version that does not contain any assets from this mod and allows you to dynamically toggle lights on/off during an animation (same as QuickLight but with new light sources to light up some new spots), contact me via PM.

On 2/8/2020 at 7:40 PM, Yinkle said:

In addition to what @Whizkid said.

did you clean the previous version from your save game before installing 2.9.2?

I've made this version more inline with the SE version so that updating it will be less hassle in future. This is why it's important to clean the previous one before installing this.

I have seen that the esp plugin in the updated version (Sexlab LightMeUp LE 2.9.2.7z) has been fixed (SexlabLightMeUp.esp (2020.02.07)
I downloaded it again and it works fine now.

I move the position again and do sex again and the lights move normally and work fine

11 hours ago, imauto93 said:

I have seen that the esp plugin in the updated version (Sexlab LightMeUp LE 2.9.2.7z) has been fixed (SexlabLightMeUp.esp (2020.02.07)
I downloaded it again and it works fine now.

I move the position again and do sex again and the lights move normally and work fine

Glad you got it sorted :)

• 2 months later...

Hi, thank you for this extremely useful mod!

Though may I ask the reason why 2.9.3 for oldrim was removed? I updated to 2.9.3 yesterday,but since 2.9.3 has been removed from this page, I am not sure whether I should continue to use 2.9.3. Should I roll back to 2.9.2? Thanks

1 hour ago, SkyrimRider said:

Hi, thank you for this extremely useful mod!

Though may I ask the reason why 2.9.3 for oldrim was removed? I updated to 2.9.3 yesterday,but since 2.9.3 has been removed from this page, I am not sure whether I should continue to use 2.9.3. Should I roll back to 2.9.2? Thanks

I added support for TDF prostitution dancers in the 2.9.3 version for SE which listens for a modevent that isn't sent in the LE version of TDF prostitution. It won't cause a problem but just won't drop lights on TDF dancers.

8 hours ago, Yinkle said:

I added support for TDF prostitution dancers in the 2.9.3 version for SE which listens for a modevent that isn't sent in the LE version of TDF prostitution. It won't cause a problem but just won't drop lights on TDF dancers.

Thank you so much!

• 5 months later...