Hi, sorry I'm not good with English.

I don't quite understand what Raider Pet is all about.

Basically what I understand is that you can be taken prisoner by the Raiders, they put an explosive collar on you, and that you can escape in a variety of ways.

What I didn't understand is what the Raiders do with Nora? Do they rape her? Or do they assign him various missions, such as killing someone, stealing something etc...?

1 hour ago, Balmung889 said:

What I didn't understand is what the Raiders do with Nora? Do they rape her?

Yes, or send her to find duct tape and then torment her by taping her mouth shut, or pierce her genitalia with a bell, or send her out to a rival raider camp as a peace offering. But there's also a running quest line where you work on figuring out how to free her, or you can slowly poison the raiders without them noticing.

7 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Yes, or send her to find duct tape and then torment her by taping her mouth shut, or pierce her genitalia with a bell, or send her out to a rival raider camp as a peace offering. But there's also a running quest line where you work on figuring out how to free her, or you can slowly poison the raiders without them noticing.

Thank you!
Regarding the missions to escape, are the objectives assigned by the mod or do you have to improvise?

6 hours ago, Balmung889 said:

Regarding the missions to escape, are the objectives assigned by the mod or do you have to improvise?

They will manifest through interactions with the raiders in the camp where you were initially captured. After you're told to accompany Lucky to a rival raider camp and then return, you'll be directed by the boss to talk to Lucky again and he'll give you another task to perform, which kicks off some of your options for gaining freedom.

8 hours ago, eglenn895 said:

how do i install this

Just download and import the "Raider Pet v1_4 Localized.7z" file into a mod manager like Vortex or MO2, then make sure the "Raider Pet.esp" plugin is enabled after installation if your mod manager doesn't do that automatically.

9 hours ago, vaultbait said:

They will manifest through interactions with the raiders in the camp where you were initially captured. After you're told to accompany Lucky to a rival raider camp and then return, you'll be directed by the boss to talk to Lucky again and he'll give you another task to perform, which kicks off some of your options for gaining freedom.

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, chubjub said:

Hi, during any sex scene the collar gets removed then put back on after scene has finished. Is this normal or do I need to set it up some where so it doesn't get removed . And if so could you point me in right direction, Thankyou

Loving the mod btw  

This mod uses a collar from Devious Devices. If you're using the 2.0 version from the file page rather than the latest release candidate, you'll need to tell AAF not to remove DD's devices during scenes somehow (either with a protected equipment file or using something like Roggvir's No-Strip Items Manager). But at this point, upgrading to DD RC8 is probably the easiest solution. If you want to do the file addition instead, this  is what's in the DeviousDevices_protectedEquipmentData.xml RC8 installs:

<meta title="DeviousDevices_protectedEquipmentData.xml" version="1.0" dataSet="protectedEquipment"/>
<defaults />

<condition>
	<protectKeyword form="4C5C" source="Devious Devices.esm"/>
</condition>

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

This mod uses a collar from Devious Devices. If you're using the 2.0 version from the file page rather than the latest release candidate, you'll need to tell AAF not to remove DD's devices during scenes somehow (either with a protected equipment file or using something like Roggvir's No-Strip Items Manager). But at this point, upgrading to DD RC8 is probably the easiest solution. If you want to do the file addition instead, this  is what's in the DeviousDevices_protectedEquipmentData.xml RC8 installs:

<meta title="DeviousDevices_protectedEquipmentData.xml" version="1.0" dataSet="protectedEquipment"/>
<defaults />

<condition>
	<protectKeyword form="4C5C" source="Devious Devices.esm"/>
</condition>

Thankyou, I haven't played around with   AFF properly but I'm making a start now I'll try the DD RC8 but looking at the xml each mod sets up its own keywords then tells AFF via an xml ? or do I have they that wrong.

6 hours ago, chubjub said:

looking at the xml each mod sets up its own keywords then tells AFF via an xml ?

Oh, good point! I think my file example is useless because the Devious Devices.esp plugin needs to include that keyword in it, which the 2.0 version doesn't (but it's in RC8). So yes, upgrade to RC8 or hunt around for a suitable patch for 2.0, but RC8 is mainly an accumulation of all the various quality of life patches for 2.0 anyway.

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong with this mod. I can't get it to trigger no matter what I do.

I've started a fresh crispy save with just it and the requirements enabled, I've set the forceDisarm flag on the quest, and I even approach totally naked anyway and the raiders still gun me down.

23 minutes ago, Nitu23 said:

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong with this mod. I can't get it to trigger no matter what I do.

I've started a fresh crispy save with just it and the requirements enabled, I've set the forceDisarm flag on the quest, and I even approach totally naked anyway and the raiders still gun me down.

Is you PC human female?

Is AAF installed & working correctly?

You can also see if the main quest is running with the following command.

sqv RaiderPetDialogueQuest

On 12/8/2022 at 1:44 PM, izzyknows said:

Is you PC human female?

Is AAF installed & working correctly?

You can also see if the main quest is running with the following command.

sqv RaiderPetDialogueQuest

I think there must have been something wrong with my load order (I hate how Vortex handles that) because after I disabled and re-enabled everything again it suddenly started working after starting the quest in console. (Thanks for that tip)

Even on older saves it works now, thankfully.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having trouble with the first mission, where you're supposed to meet Bosco in the basement. Each time I approach, no matter what I do beforehand (toss weapons and ammo away, walk up buck naked, turn on Hardship, use Menacing Raiders, change the priority and load order in MO2, etc), Bosco and his lackeys get aggressive on me. Please help :(

1 hour ago, usertwo said:

I'm having trouble with the first mission, where you're supposed to meet Bosco in the basement. Each time I approach, no matter what I do beforehand (toss weapons and ammo away, walk up buck naked, turn on Hardship, use Menacing Raiders, change the priority and load order in MO2, etc), Bosco and his lackeys get aggressive on me. Please help :(

Find or cheat a restraint key into your inventory and unlock the collar, then go get captured in a different location. You can't use RP in that raider camp, since the boss there has vanilla scripts which turn him hostile against the player automatically when entering the pool area.

23 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Find or cheat a restraint key into your inventory and unlock the collar, then go get captured in a different location. You can't use RP in that raider camp, since the boss there has vanilla scripts which turn him hostile against the player automatically when entering the pool area.

Thanks. Are there any other Raider camps I should avoid? I tried Andrew Station and turned off Menacing Raiders but they shot on sight.

27 minutes ago, usertwo said:

Thanks. Are there any other Raider camps I should avoid? I tried Andrew Station and turned off Menacing Raiders but they shot on sight.

Concord museum raiders because of the vanilla game main quest, The Forged (can't remember if they count as raiders for RP's purposes but their boss is scripted to have dialogue and then aggro for the Finch Farm quest), Combat Zone because they are in a completely different faction (I recommend Combat Zone Restored Restored, then they won't be hostile anyway), also the Nuka World raider factions aren't recognized by RP, nor I believe are the trappers in Far Harbor.

1 hour ago, usertwo said:

Here's the ones that work with RP.

Spoiler

Andrew Station
Back Street Apparel
Beantown Brewery
Camp Kendall
Corvega Assembly Plant
Drug Den
East Boston Preparatory School
Federal Ration Stockpile
Hardware Town
Layton Towers
Monsignor Plaza
Quincy Quarry
Revere Beach Station
The Shamrock Taphouse
USAF Satellite Station Olivia
Walden Pond

To add to vaultbait's list, DB Tech, Bosco is scripted to be hostile.

Edited by izzyknows
6 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

To add to vaultbait's list, DB Tech, Bosco is scripted to be hostile.

Right,I interpreted the question as whether there were any others in addition to DB Tech (already covered in the post to which they replied), but it's certainly good to reiterate.

Is there a way to remove the collar if you don't have DD installed. I don't even know what I'm looking for in my inventory. I think I'm given the chance to remove it and I'm supposed to talk to the Boss which I do and the collar starts beeping and bang I'm dead. I don't know what I'm supposed to do.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, Agnot2014 said:

Is there a way to remove the collar if you don't have DD installed. I don't even know what I'm looking for in my inventory. I think I'm given the chance to remove it and I'm supposed to talk to the Boss which I do and the collar starts beeping and bang I'm dead. I don't know what I'm supposed to do.

Any help would be appreciated.

When you talk with the boss, confess. Doing so will end up with the collar deactivated.

1 hour ago, Agnot2014 said:

AH! That’s the one thing I didn’t do Thank You.

Also there's the chance when the timer runs out that the collar will misfire and cease to be active from that point on (but the raiders don't realize you're walking around with a dead bomb of course).

5 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Here's the ones that work with RP.

Hide contents

Andrew Station
Back Street Apparel
Beantown Brewery
Camp Kendall
Corvega Assembly Plant
Drug Den
East Boston Preparatory School
Federal Ration Stockpile
Hardware Town
Layton Towers
Monsignor Plaza
Quincy Quarry
Revere Beach Station
The Shamrock Taphouse
USAF Satellite Station Olivia
Walden Pond

And Thicket Excavations. In this post you show how to add this location.