11 hours ago, katrina.balanchuk said:

I have buffout 4 but cannot make any sense out of those crash logs.

I use Crash Log Auto-Scanner to decipher them, or at least to get a better idea of what I'm looking at in the log.

11 hours ago, katrina.balanchuk said:

At the end of this scene  the "makeshift slave collar" (non Corvega raiders put on me) is giving me a big zap

If raiders put a "makeshift slave collar" on you, then this sounds like you already had an initial Raider Pet scene with them. It's supposed to kill you if the timer runs out  (your body gets a burn effect applied and you fall down). If it did that and you got back up again, then you've probably got some other mod set to make you essential... maybe the Essential Player setting in Violate's MCM, for example.

10 hours ago, katrina.balanchuk said:

Just tried what u suggested if following a marker (went back to a save from hours ago before I escaped from corvega by simply loading an earlier save and never going there. I could not unlock my collar since i could not use my hands)

You should really focus on getting out of the handcuffs first, in that case. I can't imagine trying to play through this (or any quest mod) without being able to access the Pip-Boy or pick things up. Raider Pet isn't putting the handcuffs on you, that was done by some other mod, and I really doubt the RP author designed it to be playable while handcuffed.

there are 2 markers and since I cannot get into my pip boy I do not know which one , if either, is the right one.

Maybe I should set maximum to 2 DDs and wear the corset and the collar when I enter so I can always get to pip boy.

RP doesn't put a corset on you, that's also coming from some other mod. I don't know where you're talking about setting a maximum number of DDs, but if you mean in Violate's MCM, that's just a limit to the number of new DDs your attackers will put on you when surrendering in combat, not a total number you'll have on, and also not really related to the RP mod.

The collar is one I bought and set the combo myself.

While RP is designed to work when you start already wearing a collar, normally it expects you not to be wearing one until it puts a collar on you.

I agree with the other commenter who said that you have too many different competing mods going on here, and you should try out RP by itself first to understand what it's supposed to be doing before you go combining it with a bunch of additional mods (or at least understand the other mods you've also installed enough to know which features are getting in RP's way and turn those off temporarily).

I'm supposed to take out the raiders at the quarry near Concord. I gave my guns and ammo to Heather, sent her away, and headed there. However, RP did not trigger. I was shot at by the trailer at the entrance, surrendered with Violate and didn't trigger RP there either. Although in Violate it is set to 100%.

What could be the reason?

On 8/28/2022 at 7:37 PM, vaultbait said:

Check the quests on your Pip-Boy and make sure it's set to active so you'll have a quest marker for it on the map

It's a bit rough if you're handcuffed when you get the quest though. Then there's no way to open your pipboy, and so no way to find out where you need to go.

Of course, arguably, that's part of the fun :)

1 hour ago, deathmorph said:

I just tested several places. Factory works, my actress gets her collar. Quarry: it is shot at. Brewery (liberation action): it is shot at.
Are there multiple types of raiders?

Locations with named Bosses. They are replaced with generic bosses after being killed & the cell resets.

Spoiler

Andrew Station
Back Street Apparel
Beantown Brewery
Camp Kendall
Corvega Assembly Plant
Drug Den
East Boston Preparatory School
Federal Ration Stockpile
Hardware Town
Layton Towers
Monsignor Plaza
Quincy Quarry
Revere Beach Station
The Shamrock Taphouse
USAF Satellite Station Olivia
Walden Pond

17 hours ago, deathmorph said:

I'm supposed to take out the raiders at the quarry near Concord. I gave my guns and ammo to Heather, sent her away, and headed there. However, RP did not trigger. I was shot at by the trailer at the entrance, surrendered with Violate and didn't trigger RP there either. Although in Violate it is set to 100%.

What could be the reason?

The raiders in that location may be scripted to attack you because of the related quest, and RP doesn't deal with that. You'll find similarly that Bosco in the DB Tech basement attacks on sight (as do the Forged and the raiders living in the Combat Zone, though I think that's mainly because they use a different race).

5 hours ago, deathmorph said:

I just tested several places. Factory works, my actress gets her collar. Quarry: it is shot at. Brewery (liberation action): it is shot at.
Are there multiple types of raiders?

Do other non-raiders who would normally be hostile generally ignore you as well when you're walking around without weapons? If not, then you've probably got something getting in the way of the mod's unarmed check.

31 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

The raiders in that location may be scripted to attack you because of the related quest,

What quest? I've never had them attack, Bosco is the only one I know of that is scripted to be hostile. (but then again.... my memory sucks!)

1 minute ago, izzyknows said:

What quest? I've never had them attack, Bosco is the only one I know of that is scripted to be hostile. (but then again.... my memory sucks!)

It's been a while since I've done the Thicket Excavations quests, but basically you help Sully drain the quarry, then come back later to find it's been infested by raiders. I don't know if there's anything "special" the game does to Sully or his cohorts which might cause RP not to fire.

But that's why I also asked if other NPCs were also generally non-hostile (captive faction membership effect).

10 hours ago, vaultbait said:

I don't know if there's anything "special" the game does to Sully or his cohorts which might cause RP not to fire.

After a bit of poking around, once the quarry is drained it's like a normal Boss location with a named boss & generic replacement boss. Both of which have the Boss tag, so in theory RP should fire. Dunno...did notice it's not in the formID list list. What if......

Edit: adding Thickets to the list caused RP to fire there. So there's that. LOL

Edited by izzyknows
6 hours ago, izzyknows said:

After a bit of poking around, once the quarry is drained it's like a normal Boss location with a named boss & generic replacement boss. Both of which have the Boss tag, so in theory RP should fire. Dunno...did notice it's not in the formID list list. What if......

Edit: adding Thickets to the list caused RP to fire there. So there's that. LOL

Can you please write where I have to change what exactly?

6 hours ago, izzyknows said:

adding Thickets to the list caused RP to fire there.

Makes sense. Stobor probably missed it because it doesn't start out as a raider camp, and only becomes one after you finish the prerequisite sidequest.

8 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Makes sense. Stobor probably missed it because it doesn't start out as a raider camp, and only becomes one after you finish the prerequisite sidequest.

To be honest, outside camps do have their issues. Mainly because there needs to be a sanity check or 3 when filling aliases. Interiors don't have the issue since they're confined to a single cell.

Annnd Thicket needs some TLC to the navmesh and other little tweaks. It's where the Dev's learned about packages, triggers & factions.  If you pay close attention you can see each location has something they just learned featured. All (of the more technical stuff) is showcased at Boston Airport.

8 hours ago, deathmorph said:

Can you please write where I have to change what exactly?

Right click the empty space above WaldonPondLocation and click Add

Double click the new record and copy &  paste this

24FAE

into the field to get the Thicket location.

Exit/save with backup... play.

Spoiler

528491206_DesktopScreenshot2022_09.01-22_53_58_31.png.fb56704148a230e220d3391f2dd3227c.png

1 hour ago, izzyknows said:

Exit/save with backup... play.

Thanks for the guide. I added the location (see screenshot).
However, my actress is still being shot at when she approaches the camp.

I had been commissioned by settlers to kill the raiders in the quarry. Could this have anything to do with it?

Spoiler

image.png.6ec55ee21b359c4f5b4773d99ab3bb7c.png

This time I wanted to use the Rat Poison variant - unfortunately that doesn't work as long as RP does not trigger.

11 hours ago, izzyknows said:

setpqv RaiderPetDialogueQuest forceDisarm true

no, unfortunately it wasn't. Even after entering the code, the raiders attack me immediately.
I only had a hunting rifle and a stunner with me, but I gave them to Heather beforehand. And asked heather to wait outside the premises.
I have no grenades or other weapons with me. I even gave heather the ammunition.
The only thing - a Stealth Boy doesn't count as a weapon, does it?

no, unfortunately it wasn't. Even after entering the code, the raiders attack me immediately.
I only had a hunting rifle and a stunner with me, but I gave them to Heather beforehand. And asked heather to wait outside the premises.

Perhaps you weren't far enough away from Thicket Excavations when you handed off your weapons? The mod triggers its check for whether you're armed by listening for OnLocationChanged events, which fire when you enter or exit the vicinity of named location areas, or cross some cell boundaries, but not necessarily when entering or exiting an interior cell.

I have no grenades or other weapons with me. I even gave heather the ammunition.
The only thing - a Stealth Boy doesn't count as a weapon, does it?

No, carrying a Stealth Boy shouldn't count, I don't think.

The other thing to keep in mind is that the way this mod works is that as soon as it considers the player unarmed it adds membership in the CaptiveFaction faction, which almost all other factions are non-hostile toward (its the one the vanilla game puts captured settlers in for the ransom/rescue radiant quests so that their captors won't attack them as soon as they load in). The result is that just about everyone/everything should be non-hostile toward you when wandering around unarmed. Gunners, Children of Atom, yao gual, mongrels, mirelurks, you name it. Deathclaws and mirelurk queens will still attack, as will some unique NPCs who are scripted to do so, but for the most part you can wander from one end of the Commonwealth to the other without being attacked much. If you're not seeing that behavior, then RP is definitely not working as intended.

I highly doubt it,but you're not using StaticPhobia's Raider Pet Tweaks patch are you? Now that does significantly change the way RP works, and doesn't use the CaptiveFaction, so if you're being attacked (even by some raiders) then that's normal with the patch.

25 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Perhaps you weren't far enough away from Thicket Excavations when you handed off your weapons? ... I highly doubt it,but you're not using StaticPhobia's Raider Pet Tweaks patch are you?

You're right. For not thinking of that... I thought the border was the gate and I handed the guns to Heather on the street in front. Now I tried Olivia station and then ran to the quarry again - it works now. Thanks for the hint.
And no, I don't use the patch.

3 hours ago, deathmorph said:

but I gave them to Heather beforehand. And asked heather to wait outside the premises.

You cannot have a companion or follower. Raider Pet will not trigger if you do.

Dismiss your companion/s store your weapons in a settlement and try again. Like Vaultbait said, you have to be unarmed AND move to at least 1 "named" cell for RP to flag you as unarmed.

With Heather it works. I handed her the guns and walked her from Olivia back to the quarry. There I made them wait at the entrance, but I didn't release them. RP was triggered.
Heather is different from the vanilla companions. For example, I can add one of these vanilla companions without dismissing Heather.
Presumably, due to these peculiarities of RP, Heather is not perceived as a "real" companion.

So the mod seems to work fine on my female character, but it doesnt seem to want to work for my male, character, Jun is just standing there and when i get near him he just says his normal dialogue lines but there silent, is this mod just for a female character (i wouldnt be surprised) or is there a way to fix this with out just disabling the mod for my male character

3 hours ago, Missynissy said:

So the mod seems to work fine on my female character, but it doesnt seem to want to work for my male, character, Jun is just standing there and when i get near him he just says his normal dialogue lines but there silent, is this mod just for a female character (i wouldnt be surprised) or is there a way to fix this with out just disabling the mod for my male character

It's meant for a female PC. Raiders use males for deathclaw bait.