11 hours ago, izzyknows said:

No, it's just a bit of fluff.

Check if the RP quest is running.

sqs RaiderPetDialogueQuest

you can manually start it with

startquest RaiderPetDialogueQuest

Loaded an earlier save and went back to Corvega.  Walked in the front door completely unarmed and no weapons in inventory.  I was immediately attacked, surrendered through Violate, and after that all played out character says "Let's get out of here." Violate integration is set at 100%.  Before being discovered after entering Corvega I tried the console commands you posted.  sqs RaiderPetDialogueQuest showed a stage of 0.   Then typed in startquest RaiderPetDialogueQuest.  It didn't say anything, but no console error message popped up either.  Like i said before, nothing is conflicting with Raider Pet according to xEdit.  Vortex is loading RaiderPet before Violate, but I think that's right.  Any suggestions? 

16 hours ago, MrNicoras said:

Loaded an earlier save and went back to Corvega.  Walked in the front door completely unarmed and no weapons in inventory.  I was immediately attacked, surrendered through Violate, and after that all played out character says "Let's get out of here." Violate integration is set at 100%.  Before being discovered after entering Corvega I tried the console commands you posted.  sqs RaiderPetDialogueQuest showed a stage of 0.   Then typed in startquest RaiderPetDialogueQuest.  It didn't say anything, but no console error message popped up either.  Like i said before, nothing is conflicting with Raider Pet according to xEdit.  Vortex is loading RaiderPet before Violate, but I think that's right.  Any suggestions? 

Normally, if you discard your weapons and change locations, Raider Pet puts your character into the "captive" faction, which causes pretty much all NPCs other than deathclaws and some scripted encounters to not be hostile toward you. If that's not happening, and assuming you're not using a patch like Raider Pet Tweaks which alters this mechanic, then it sounds like the mod is never starting up for you.

One thing I've noticed though, you need to have held (and possibly wielded) a weapon at least once after starting with Raider Pet installed, and then discard your weapons.

3 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Normally, if you discard your weapons and change locations, Raider Pet puts your character into the "captive" faction, which causes pretty much all NPCs other than deathclaws and some scripted encounters to not be hostile toward you. If that's not happening, and assuming you're not using a patch like Raider Pet Tweaks which alters this mechanic, then it sounds like the mod is never starting up for you.

One thing I've noticed though, you need to have held (and possibly wielded) a weapon at least once after starting with Raider Pet installed, and then discard your weapons.

I dumped my weapons into the armor workbench outside of Corvega before walking up to the front door and walking in.  And I've armed and wielded weapons many times prior to the last experiment.  However, for further adventures into weirdness,  I'd given up on Raider Pet and moved through the game since the last post.  I'm working on Reunions, and am tracking Kellog with Dogmeat.  I'd just crossed the bridge where the ferals attack, and got overwhelmed by ferals and something called Deranged Ghoul.  They had their way with me, and then Raider Pet kicked in.  I'm all out of explanations for this one.  But at least Raider Pet is working? Sort of....?  ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

377160_20220425141520_1.png

On 4/21/2022 at 8:24 AM, Ashmar50 said:

I did talk to Jared it does not advance the Talk to the Boss Line he acts like a normal raider not giving his quest.

Try giving him a minute and talk to him again if he hasn't responded with the Pet dialogue lines.  I have a pretty heavy load order, and I noticed he was taking his time with responding when clicked this last time that I played.  I let him sort of wander off a little, and then approached him again and eventually he'd fire off the lines.

Edit: Sorry I wasn't paying attention and replied to your older post.  Ignore this if you already got it to work.

Edited by Marg597
3 hours ago, deathmorph said:

I still don't quite understand the poisoning part. I have rat poison with me and a simple cooking pot. But it doesn't happen. with none of the raiders. what am i doing wrong?

If you have rat poison in your inventory and use a cooking station, then after that any time you have an RP scene with a raider they'll be poisoned for some amount of damage and eventually die.

I cook in front of an RP, I already have rat poison in my luggage, I've never noticed an effect. You can't craft anything with the rat poison itself at the cooking station, or I overlooked it.

That would be another way out, I'd like to test it out.

37 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

I cook in front of an RP, I already have rat poison in my luggage, I've never noticed an effect. You can't craft anything with the rat poison itself at the cooking station, or I overlooked it.

Yeah, there's no crafting involved. If you have rat poison in your inventory and interact with a cooking station (enter its workbench animation/menu, then exit again) then you'll be a poisoner and raiders you have sex with will start taking some damage. Eventually you'll see them start dying, though that could take days depending on how leveled they are, how often you have scenes with them, and so on. There is a notification message which scrolls past the first time you interact with a cooking station while carrying rat poison, but it's very easy to miss since those messages are tiny and don't persist in the corner of the screen for very long.

1 hour ago, deathmorph said:

And to add to what vaultbait said, you can also target them in VATS to see their health, wait a minute and target them again to see their health drop. If it doesn't, then you don't have the poison perk. Also, use a vanilla cooking station, not sure if a mod added one will work.

I had to adjust the amount of damage the spell did because the Raiders (in my game) have very high health and would take around 30 sessions to kill one.

Oh, you can go anywhere in the Commonwealth after being collared as long as you have sex with a Raider once every 20 minutes (18 to be safe) real time.

Okay, then I'm left with the element of surprise since I don't use VATS. :)

You can click them while in the console and then use the getav health command to find out their current health points.

Does it matter how many doses of rat poison I have? How many raiders is one enough for?

It's good for all of them. The rat poison doesn't get used up, you just need to visit a cooking station once with it in your main inventory (you say it's in your "luggage," hopefully that's just a translation of the word "inventory" and you don't mean that you have it stashed in a mod backpack container or the like).

In fact, I'm pretty sure you can discard the rat poison once you've used entered and exited a cooking station, it just turns on the effect so that all raiders take damage after any RP-initiated sex scene from that point on.

Besides the point izzyknows made about mod-added cooking stations potentially not being sufficient to trigger this, any mod which alters the vanilla record for rat poison could break it (like one of the "junkier junk" mods, for example, though I don't know if any of those do).

Did I understand you correctly that the use of rat poison is an irreversible process and then applies to the rest of the game? Regardless of whether you have rat poison in your inventory or not (sorry, yes, by luggage I meant inventory)?

It's only effective until the collar is removed.

Get collared again, you need to activate the perk again.

Anyone got any advice for me on this bug:
I am at the point where a Raider approaches me and says he is putting a collar on me.  When the dialog ends, I have no collar, so they shoot me.  I have on handcuffs, so I can't TAB to check my inventory.

I thought about using a console command to equip the correct item, but I can't figure out what it is.  Using FO4edit I can see it isn't an armor item.  There is no armor in the mod.  I have tried using a collar from Real Handcuffs, but doesn't get recognized.

10 hours ago, Yazour said:

Anyone got any advice for me on this bug:
I am at the point where a Raider approaches me and says he is putting a collar on me.  When the dialog ends, I have no collar, so they shoot me.  I have on handcuffs, so I can't TAB to check my inventory.

I thought about using a console command to equip the correct item, but I can't figure out what it is.  Using FO4edit I can see it isn't an armor item.  There is no armor in the mod.  I have tried using a collar from Real Handcuffs, but doesn't get recognized.

The only way I'm aware of this happening is if you're using some mod which is auto-unequipping the collar as soon as it's applied.

Normally RP will put the makeshift slave collar from Devious Devices on you and lock it. If you're already wearing a collar, it will just pretend it did that and the mod will proceed as usual until you take off whatever collar you happened to be wearing when you became a pet. If you don't have DD installed and you're not wearing any collar, it's supposed to just pretend you have a collar on and you have to rely on other means to end the scenario (or maybe putting on a collar later and taking it back off again can do it, I haven't tried that).

3 hours ago, vaultbait said:

...If you're already wearing a collar, it will just pretend it did that and the mod will proceed as usual until you take off whatever collar you happened to be wearing when you became a pet....

Thanks a ton for explaining that, Vaultbait. I was confused and impressed that Raider Pet continued to function even with Sexual Harassment's Shock Collars mechanism forcing shock collars to be unremovable without going to Dugout Inn. I didn't realize Raider Pet wasn't worried if it couldn't apply a makeshift collar so long as any collar is already worn.

57 minutes ago, KingMaker11 said:

Anybody running this mod along with AAF Sexual Harassment?

i turn off sexual harassment. The problem is not the approach itself, but rather the deactivation of the collar that this allows. the raiders will immediately become hostile.

Edited by deathmorph
51 minutes ago, deathmorph said:

i turn off sexual harassment. The problem is not the approach itself, but rather the deactivation of the collar that this allows. the raiders will immediately become hostile.

In the MCM set the protected slot to 20 and the collar wont be messed with.

2 hours ago, deathmorph said:

where exactly? don't want to mix things up

The latest version of Sexual Harassment has an option in its MCM (on the general options page I think?) where you can set a slot number not to strip.

Another thing you can do is set the chance of device removal to 0% in the sex approaches page of the SH MCM, and also disable devious approaches (or at least make them so the chance an approacher will be helpful is 0%).