I've come across a crash I haven't seen before - when my char or NPC follower start a vibration effect from a piercing or plug, I often (not always) get a CTD.  The papyrus log indicates a missing static function Set/Reset PhonemeModifier in mfgconsolefunc as reported by  ZadNPCQuest.psc and ZadEventSlots.psc but I can't resolve this on my own.  Papyrus log attached. (viewed with PapyrusLogViewer.jar)  Any clues, please?

Cheers

Mrod

Papyrus.0.log

On 12/15/2018 at 9:56 AM, Mrod23 said:

I've come across a crash I haven't seen before - when my char or NPC follower start a vibration effect from a piercing or plug, I often (not always) get a CTD.  The papyrus log indicates a missing static function Set/Reset PhonemeModifier in mfgconsolefunc as reported by  ZadNPCQuest.psc and ZadEventSlots.psc but I can't resolve this on my own.  Papyrus log attached. (viewed with PapyrusLogViewer.jar)  Any clues, please?

Cheers

Mrod

Papyrus.0.log

Oh geez, this sounds familiar. I'm fairly certain I can narrow down the problem with one question. When you do CTD, is your character or follower wearing the plugs/piercings casting a spell or power when it happens?

16 hours ago, Adviser69 said:

Oh geez, this sounds familiar. I'm fairly certain I can narrow down the problem with one question. When you do CTD, is your character or follower wearing the plugs/piercings casting a spell or power when it happens?

Not explicitly, no.  Although you might consider the vibration effect a "spell" as it triggers the MGEF vibration.  It happened more often with my PC.

Since all the pieces required for update to 1.5.62.0 are now in place, I went ahead and triggered the update and all the other pieces required.  The CTD's happen less often now.  We know the pieces required for my mod load:

SKSE64_2_00_12

Sexlab SE to beta5

SoS SE to 1.03

RaceMenu SE

AddItemMenu SE

DeviousDevices patch to SKSE64_2_00_12

it may be related to one of them.

Cheers

• 1 month later...
On 12/18/2018 at 10:26 AM, Mrod23 said:

Not explicitly, no.  Although you might consider the vibration effect a "spell" as it triggers the MGEF vibration.  It happened more often with my PC.

Since all the pieces required for update to 1.5.62.0 are now in place, I went ahead and triggered the update and all the other pieces required.  The CTD's happen less often now.  We know the pieces required for my mod load:

SKSE64_2_00_12

Sexlab SE to beta5

SoS SE to 1.03

RaceMenu SE

AddItemMenu SE

DeviousDevices patch to SKSE64_2_00_12

it may be related to one of them.

Cheers

<bump>This is still happening, annoying as ever.  Has anyone else run across it?</bump>

On 1/20/2019 at 10:13 PM, McLude said:

My game also sometimes CTDs during the purge animation from Fill Her Up

Interesting, I've heard a few folk having this issue but It never happens here. I don't have DD though so maybe it's an issue between DD and FHU?

• 1 year later...

the vibrating piercing crashes my game ever time dont matter what i am doing it acts like its going to go to an animation and thats whet it CTD so its seems like it s transition from normal game play to animation, but not sure, i do hear something being removed or sheathed just before the crash that why i think it is a animation transition issue

happen to be able to save the game as it was vibration and yes it was a start of an animation.

• 2 months later...
On 9/9/2020 at 3:11 AM, Pfiffy said:

Are you using a controller?

Hey man, just like to say I am having this exact issues (when using a gamepad) so I've just ended up switching off the vibration event. If anyone has an alternative fix let me know as I though the vibration event was a good one and would prefer not to lose it.

On 9/8/2020 at 12:04 PM, UniDoubter said:

anjenthedog, you are Da MAN! I found the problem in ZAZ. The vibration animation runs fine after I disabled the "gag sounds" in ZAZ.

How do you disable the gag sounds in zaz?

For the record, I've been having the same problem with vibrate events triggered through a vibrator equipped via Devious Followers Continued. At first during my playthrough I didn't have any issues, but over time CTDs during vibration event become more frequent. By the time I abandoned the game it happened pretty much every time the vibe event triggered, and I had started seeing additional random CTDs at other times too (perhaps unrelated).

If there's a way to stop the crashes and keep the game going that would be awesome, as it was a pretty fun playthrough.

And for the record, Pfiffy, I am using a controller... do you think that may be contributing to the problem?

On 11/11/2020 at 1:49 PM, UniDoubter said:

In the MCM, one of the menus in ZAZ itself. the selection is on the far right and you must scroll down to see the audio settings. I just unclicked all of them.

Thanks!

I disabled everything in the gag part, and I'm still getting CTDs. 100% the time I get a vibration event. So I guess at this point, I'll disable piercing vibrations as part of my game to keep playing.

And yes, I'm using a controller as well, if that contributes somehow.