21 hours ago, red3dred said:

Sadly those blanket permissions don't work too great if they weren't explicitly given, not only to us, but also to the FU side of the fence, who will push back by adding new incompatibilities on purpose if you try to support the race.

... also nice Necromancy lol, that topic was long buried.

Necromancy lmao but yeah i hear ya an official statement is the key but hey i just wanted to ask away anyway ;)

On 1/15/2023 at 11:17 PM, red3dred said:

Several things can affect whether config fiddling actually results in turning a character a futa. Specifically, as you mentioned, if no other rules are set on the module, then yes, it would turn all females into futas. As for why it maybe failing, if you have Lustbound, for example, some things change, and i honestly never managed to see the config-side of the futa module work for people the way they intended.

For best results, and better insight, it's recommended to share your logs so we can take a look at what the game says.

With that, we can better provide help on the matter.

So mods can overwrite other mods, tho I havent seen any incompability in the Sexbound description with the mods I have. Hope you can help or anyone else at this point. Im already wrecking my head with Skyrim SE more than enough :x

Edit: I havent played Starbound since then, tho there should still be enough info in the Log.file

Thanks*

starbound.log

Edited by DarkLoo
37 minutes ago, DarkLoo said:

So mods can overwrite other mods, tho I havent seen any incompability in the Sexbound description with the mods I have. Hope you can help or anyone else at this point. Im already wrecking my head with Skyrim SE more than enough :x

Edit: I havent played Starbound since then, tho there should still be enough info in the Log.file

Thanks*

Alright, as i expected, some errors loading the file.

[12:58:41.593] [Error] Exception caught loading asset: /sxb_plugin.futanari.config, 
(AssetException) Could not read JSON asset /sxb_plugin.futanari.config

Caused by: 
(JsonParsingException) Cannot parse json file: /sxb_plugin.futanari.config

Caused by: 
(JsonParsingException) Error parsing json: unexpected character in word at 50:25

"Unexpected character at line 50, around character 25". Should be a good lead on what's wrong with the file.

That seems to be all for now.

I'm having a problem with this mod. When I try to have sex with an NPC they don't. When I try to have sex with them they just turn into my character instead, then when I remove them with my matter manipulator they disappear until I exit and reload the save. I've tried deleting the redownloading both versions of the mod but nothing's working. Do you have any advice?

34 minutes ago, Non-ya said:

I'm having a problem with this mod. When I try to have sex with an NPC they don't. When I try to have sex with them they just turn into my character instead, then when I remove them with my matter manipulator they disappear until I exit and reload the save. I've tried deleting the redownloading both versions of the mod but nothing's working. Do you have any advice?

Here are some screenshots I took as well as all the Sexbound mods I'm using. I hope that helps

Update: I found out if I beam up and beam back down it the character will start having sex with themself

image.png.63392027c5401fffb4288134950d8d4c.png2023-01-21 (4).png

2023-01-21 (5).png

2023-01-21 (6).png

2023-01-21 (7).png

Edited by Non-ya
1 hour ago, Non-ya said:

Instead of dumping us with single images, it would be much more helpful if you just gave us your log file to examine.

So, to better report issues, try providing a description of the issue and recreating the issue in-game, then providing a log file.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

28 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

Instead of dumping us with single images, it would be much more helpful if you just gave us your log file to examine.

I don't know what a log file is sorry. I'm not very adept at modding.

Edit: I looked it up and found mine. Again, sorry I'm not very adpet at modding but here are the Log Files I had, I hope that helps and sorry if I messed something else up.

starbound.log..4 starbound.log..5 starbound.log.1 starbound.log.2 starbound.log.3

Edited by Non-ya
11 minutes ago, Non-ya said:

I don't know what a log file is sorry. I'm not very adept at modding.

I... just quoted you the explanation text of how to get the log file.

Reply to Edit: Those are old log files. What you are looking for is the one that doesn't have a number. Assuming that you didn't find it you don't have file extensions for known file types turned on, so it will be a text file simply called "starbound" in the same folder as the ones you found.

Edited by Erina Sugino
6 hours ago, Non-ya said:

Yeah I see that now, sorry I missed that. Sorry if this is frustrating. Here are the Log files.

Alright, so, looks like malformed equipment. Sexbound does not handle well equipment that is coded in a different manner than Vanilla (Where the image for it is in the same folder as it.)

Currently it throws an error regarding:

[15:52:56.963] [Error] Exception while invoking lua message handler for message 'Sexbound:Actor:Setup'. 
(LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/scripts/sexbound/util.lua"]:54: 
(AssetException) Path '/items/armors/penguin/sb_empty/' cannot be a file

"Penguin/sb_empty"

Which is odd, because even penguin mercenaries in Vanilla do not use a empty head item. Some mod of yours is adding invisible head-gear, using that altered method (Head gear points to a invisible image in another folder) that Sexbound doesn't like, thus the NPC breaks.

Granted, that's all i grasp from the log 1, log 0 is nowhere to be seen. I'll assume this is the same issue you've been having.

On 1/20/2023 at 2:45 PM, red3dred said:

Alright, as i expected, some errors loading the file.

[12:58:41.593] [Error] Exception caught loading asset: /sxb_plugin.futanari.config, 
(AssetException) Could not read JSON asset /sxb_plugin.futanari.config

Caused by: 
(JsonParsingException) Cannot parse json file: /sxb_plugin.futanari.config

Caused by: 
(JsonParsingException) Error parsing json: unexpected character in word at 50:25

"Unexpected character at line 50, around character 25". Should be a good lead on what's wrong with the file.

That seems to be all for now.

Soooo I do what now?

2 hours ago, red3dred said:

"Penguin/sb_empty"

Which is odd, because even penguin mercenaries in Vanilla do not use a empty head item. Some mod of yours is adding invisible head-gear, using that altered method (Head gear points to a invisible image in another folder) that Sexbound doesn't like, thus the NPC breaks.

Betabound adds blank apparel to penguins.  Really shouldn't be an issue as the sprites used are in the same folder.  Perhaps another mod is using SIlver's usual prefixing schema?

\Betabound v9-2\items\armors\penguin\sb_empty\
bsleeve.png
chest.png
empty.chest
empty.head
empty.legs
fsleeve.png
head.png
icons.png
pants.png

Edited by Raza_Tau
2 hours ago, Raza_Tau said:

Betabound adds blank apparel to penguins.  Really shouldn't be an issue as the sprites used are in the same folder.  Perhaps another mod is using SIlver's usual prefixing schema?

\Betabound v9-2\items\armors\penguin\sb_empty\
bsleeve.png
chest.png
empty.chest
empty.head
empty.legs
fsleeve.png
head.png
icons.png
pants.png

Oh, it's a known fact that Betabound breaks Sexbound on several points, but that much i did not know. The more i hear, the more i consider removing it simply to use this mod with more stability...

Shame that Betabound breaks NPCs in several Vanilla locations and makes other such changes. That is a mod i definitely enjoy having.

That said;

3 hours ago, DarkLoo said:

Soooo I do what now?

If you don't have invisible head-gear equipped, and the NPC has it, then the only thing i can say is, that NPC is not interactable? You can exactly edit a existing NPC, unless the problem ISN'T that, and i'd need you to follow the Log guide down to a T. You sent us all logs except Log zero, "starbound.log", or as Windows loves to hide the extensions by default, a text file simply called starbound.

If you send the latest log, with the issue being recreated, we may have a clear picture of why it's happening. But otherwise, ?‍♂️

9 hours ago, red3dred said:

Alright, so, looks like malformed equipment. Sexbound does not handle well equipment that is coded in a different manner than Vanilla (Where the image for it is in the same folder as it.)

Currently it throws an error regarding:

[15:52:56.963] [Error] Exception while invoking lua message handler for message 'Sexbound:Actor:Setup'. 
(LuaException) Error code 2, [string "/scripts/sexbound/util.lua"]:54: 
(AssetException) Path '/items/armors/penguin/sb_empty/' cannot be a file

"Penguin/sb_empty"

Granted, that's all i grasp from the log 1, log 0 is nowhere to be seen. I'll assume this is the same issue you've been having.

Thank you I've found the item casing the problem, now I just need to find which mod the item is connected to.

The Irem casuing the problem are these btw. Now I just need to figure out which mod they're connected to.

2023-01-22.png

This problem might have appeared in this topic before but I can't find the answer so I'm wondering how to fix npcs turning invisible when they become a node? Players can interact but they also turn invisible. Similar problems say its because of incompatible mods but none of the mods that are installed are listed as incompatible in the main post.

Here are the logs, It is multiplayer if that matters

starbound.log

1 hour ago, txt_ said:

This problem might have appeared in this topic before but I can't find the answer so I'm wondering how to fix npcs turning invisible when they become a node? Players can interact but they also turn invisible. Similar problems say its because of incompatible mods but none of the mods that are installed are listed as incompatible in the main post.

starbound.log 15.52 kB · 0 downloads

You are using Frackin' Universe. Case closed.

EDIT: Also, regarding logs for multiplayer sessions, in order to get any useful information other than blaming the most obvious mammoth in the room we would need the server sided log, as your client log is completely devoid of any. 99% of sexbound's logic happens on the server side of things.

Edited by Erina Sugino
10 hours ago, txt_ said:

Yeah there's very few mods, and despite Erina being dismissive (which is granted, given the mod in question), FU normally doesn't fuck with Sexbound. We'd need a server log to find out what actually error'd in the API.

On 1/22/2023 at 10:57 AM, Erina Sugino said:

You are using Frackin' Universe. Case closed.

EDIT: Also, regarding logs for multiplayer sessions, in order to get any useful information other than blaming the most obvious mammoth in the room we would need the server sided log, as your client log is completely devoid of any. 99% of sexbound's logic happens on the server side of things.

Thank you, I saw some people say frackin didnt like sexbound but i thought it would be fine if we used vanilla races, Ill try it again with FU uninstalled

On 1/23/2023 at 12:13 PM, txt_ said:

Thank you, I saw some people say frackin didnt like sexbound but i thought it would be fine if we used vanilla races, Ill try it again with FU uninstalled

Frackin doesn't like Sexbound working on Frackin' stuff, usually. In my experience I have the two sideloaded fine, but they don't interconnect, so to speak.

2 hours ago, Bandit_of_Trash said:

Can I get some help, for some unknown reason some hostile NPCs will crash while turning into a sex node. Has anyone else run into this problem, if so your help would be really appreciated.

Turned into a sexnode how? Defeat? Shot with Aphrodite's Bow or similar?

And more importantly, without a logfile there is basically no information to work with here, so please include that.

2 hours ago, sirskipsalot said:

I cant even figure out install. Game crahes at chuckle fich when this is added. No matter which way i do it .pak or winrar the mod will crash my game when in mods folder.

No it doesn't. Whatever crashes your game comes from other mods and incompatibilities, because the only way the game outright crashes upon startup is when it tries to build faulty asset databases. So unless you provide a log file stating what exactly goes wrong, all I can say is "Sexbound works fine".

Edited by Erina Sugino