11 hours ago, Cultivator3747 said:

excuse the gigantic mod list, but i keep having an issue with the World crashing while in a sex node for more than a minute.

can you make sense of this?

You are using StarExtension (at least I hope you do, otherwise things get complicated). StarExtension V1.8.0+ (or was it 1.6.0+? anyway, newer versions) changed a crucial core mechanic of vanilla Starbound; that being table index conversion rules. Doesn't have to make sense to the end user, as it is developer stuff, and the change makes sense as it fixes one more thing that's just utterly butchered in Starbound - however, it comes at a cost. Original Sexbound (this version) was written with a lazy flaw, which never mattered as Starbound was too broken to care. Now, with StarExtension's fix, this laziness results in a critical error that crashes the world instance upon climax.

I fixed this problem in Sexbound Reborn - it's really just changing two "numbers" to be actual numbers in two lines - so if you want I can tell you how to fix it yourself.

17 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

You are using StarExtension (at least I hope you do, otherwise things get complicated). StarExtension V1.8.0+ (or was it 1.6.0+? anyway, newer versions) changed a crucial core mechanic of vanilla Starbound; that being table index conversion rules. Doesn't have to make sense to the end user, as it is developer stuff, and the change makes sense as it fixes one more thing that's just utterly butchered in Starbound - however, it comes at a cost. Original Sexbound (this version) was written with a lazy flaw, which never mattered as Starbound was too broken to care. Now, with StarExtension's fix, this laziness results in a critical error that crashes the world instance upon climax.

I fixed this problem in Sexbound Reborn - it's really just changing two "numbers" to be actual numbers in two lines - so if you want I can tell you how to fix it yourself.

Is it possible for me to replace my sexbound copy with yours safely?

If not, please provide the instructions for this patch? i'd love to be able to mend it myself if Compatibility between versions for some of the other mods i've installed cannot be assured.

Edited by Cultivator3747
41 minutes ago, Cultivator3747 said:

Is it possible for me to replace my sexbound copy with yours safely?

If not, please provide the instructions for this patch? i'd love to be able to mend it myself if Compatibility between versions for some of the other mods i've installed cannot be assured.

Guaranteed compatibility for Sexbound Reborn only exists for the main mods like Teratophilia, Lustbound, Aphrodite's Bow (both with patches), POV Redux and Terato Scenes. The rest is always a risk, as I'm not really getting any viable feedback.

So especially if you are running, like, every mod ever made maybe not risking it right now is the better idea.

So in order to fix the issue yourself you navigate to

/mods/sexbound/scripts/sexbound/plugins/climax/climax.lua

Then you look for the function called "spawnProjectile(...)" near the bottom.

Then you replace in the code in lines 358-364

local actionOnReap = climaxConfig.projectileActionOnReap or {
        ["1"] = {
            action = "liquid",
            liquid = projectileLiquid,
            quantity = 1
        }
    }

the ["1"] with a [1] (removing the quotation marks).

That should already about be it.

3 hours ago, WhinsonDreemurr said:

can anyone help me figure out why my game closes itself when in the loading screen? i cant seem to even get in the main menu.

starbound.log 107.27 kB · 1 download

You have a lot wrong with your game, but since you just want to know why it crashes, simple;

You have Terramons installed twice, like many other duplicates in your mods folder, but this one is two separate mods, so they crash.

Detected asset source named 'sexbound_ebterramons' at '..\mods\sxbEBsTerramonsRework1.1.4.pak'
Detected asset source named 'Terramons' at '..\mods\BlakeTheFlareon's Terramons.pak'

I'd recommend cleaning up your mods folder, as there are a lot of mods that will cause many other issues in there, along with duplicates, and some mods apparently improperly installed.

15 hours ago, red3dred said:

You have a lot wrong with your game, but since you just want to know why it crashes, simple;

You have Terramons installed twice, like many other duplicates in your mods folder, but this one is two separate mods, so they crash.

Detected asset source named 'sexbound_ebterramons' at '..\mods\sxbEBsTerramonsRework1.1.4.pak'
Detected asset source named 'Terramons' at '..\mods\BlakeTheFlareon's Terramons.pak'

I'd recommend cleaning up your mods folder, as there are a lot of mods that will cause many other issues in there, along with duplicates, and some mods apparently improperly installed.

thanks for the help, the game launches now, if i find anything broken i will probably be back with more questions but ill try to resolve them myself

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, fluffytail12 said:

ui is not Doesn't work, only when having sex

When I'm lying in bed alone, it works ok, but I'm not sure what the problem is.

can someone hlep me?

The video is the bug capcher,
capcher is my mod folder

Well, for one, a log helps more than a image and a video, but also, you are using Sexbound Reborn no? If not, then you have wrong versions of PoV and TeratoScenes installed, as those are meant for Reborn.

1 hour ago, red3dred said:

When I used Sexbound Reborn , the problem was solved. thank you.

1 hour ago, red3dred said:

Well, for one, a log helps more than a image and a video, but also, you are using Sexbound Reborn no? If not, then you have wrong versions of PoV and TeratoScenes installed, as those are meant for Reborn.

56 minutes ago, RandomModificatiomer21 said:

I'm using this mod after not playing for almost a year and I have a weird bug.

While getting POV to work I must've fucked with something important, because now the POV window won't pop up at all. Even worse, the position wheel thingy won't work at all. I can't change positions or do anything. What should I do??

Given you're commenting on Sexbound and not Reborn, i bet you downloaded the wrong versions!

To clarify, since people seem to avoid reading changelogs; PoV Redux 4.2.0 is for Reborn, and 4.0.1 (IIRC that's the version?) is for Locuturus' Sexbound.

And the same also applies to Teratoscenes, if installed: It has one download for Reborn and one for this version.

8 hours ago, red3dred said:

Given you're commenting on Sexbound and not Reborn, i bet you downloaded the wrong versions!

To clarify, since people seem to avoid reading changelogs; PoV Redux 4.2.0 is for Reborn, and 4.0.1 (IIRC that's the version?) is for Locuturus' Sexbound.

And the same also applies to Teratoscenes, if installed: It has one download for Reborn and one for this version.

Aha. I've always remembered you as the person that knows everything

Like I said it's been a while since I played, I just installed what I was used to installing. Whoops

2 hours ago, KILLER198 said:

I updated a bunch of my mods and now my game just keeps crashing

Not sure if I put this in the right place as it's the first time I've actually asked a question like this

Well, that you sure did, but didn't remove any of the older versions, so, please remove "duplicates" and older versions. Sexbound is being "replaced by equal or newer version" at least three times during loading.

You are also seemingly not using Sexbound Reborn, but have mods focused on it. EG: PoV Redux 4.2+ and "SxB - Temtem's Teratoscenes". Those versions are meant for Reborn, and share the same content with the previous versions, so please use the one that won't break your game. Draconis PoV in theory should work with Sexbound (not Reborn) but i'd recommend removing that one if things start to not work properly. Starbecue and some other mods may also cause some issues, but hey, your choice there.

Side note: You are crashing because of "get pranked.activeitem"... no joke. I guess you got pranked huh?

[19:41:08.448] [Error] Exception caught loading asset: /items/get pranked.activeitem, 
(AssetException) Could not read JSON asset /items/get pranked.activeitem
Caused by: 
(JsonParsingException) Cannot parse json file: /items/get pranked.activeitem
Caused by: 
(JsonParsingException) Error parsing json: bad object, should be ':' at 3:3
[19:41:08.640] [Error] Application: exception thrown, shutting down: 
(ItemException) Could not load item asset /items/get pranked.activeitem
Caused by: 
(AssetException) Error loading asset /items/get pranked.activeitem

... doesn't even look like it's because the item is "malicious" and crashing on purpose, looks like it's just poorly made, or maybe it's poorly made on purpose to crash your game? Whatever the case, this isn't an item from Sexbound or any mods i know really, so uh... Yeah, can't really say what's up with that.

30 minutes ago, Dragneel013 said:

Question to anyone on this form. How many sex animations are there for this game? 

For the game? Try looking at rule34, they got a bunch.

For the mod, there are 8 positions, 2 of which are reworks of existing animations, for player-on-player (humanoid-on-humanoid), a few variants for unique objects and some gimmick objects.

6 minutes ago, red3dred said:

For the game? Try looking at rule34, they got a bunch.

For the mod, there are 8 positions, 2 of which are reworks of existing animations, for player-on-player (humanoid-on-humanoid), a few variants for unique objects and some gimmick objects.

So its not like Skyrim where there are SL packs? That sucks but thanks for letting me know.

Somehow, whenever i interact with the Sexbound furniture, there's always two copies of the character stationed on the furniture and then another one on a sitting position.
Any ideas on how to fix this?

(An example with the Wooden Fuck Post)
(It's also the same case with Novakids or basically vanilla races as well)

2023-08-13 (2).png

Edited by MrDespresso
7 hours ago, MrDespresso said:

Somehow, whenever i interact with the Sexbound furniture, there's always two copies of the character stationed on the furniture and then another one on a sitting position.
Any ideas on how to fix this?

(An example with the Wooden Fuck Post)
(It's also the same case with Novakids or basically vanilla races as well)

2023-08-13 (2).png

You are likely running mods that try to replace the vanilla render. EG: idle/animation mods, starbecue, etc. But again, no log from your game, no way for me to know that information! Log is always better than "Lemme post 15 pictures of my mods folder and my workshop subscriptions", just in case you didn't know.