What do you mean with "Can't see the customizer"? It's an item you get given into the inventory upon first joining a world with a character that didn't yet play the mod. Upon using the item it opens a UI window where you can do a whole lot of nothing, see your completely useless amount of "Sexbux", get recommendation for other outdated mods and look at the mod's credits for the 3rd time.

12 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

What do you mean with "Can't see the customizer"? It's an item you get given into the inventory upon first joining a world with a character that didn't yet play the mod. Upon using the item it opens a UI window where you can do a whole lot of nothing, see your completely useless amount of "Sexbux", get recommendation for other outdated mods and look at the mod's credits for the 3rd time.

Are the stats also supposed to be completely broken?

Sorry if it has been mentioned before, but: My character is suppose to be Futa, at least in the congic files it has been set to "true", but my character cant impregnate anyone. Also, my character doesnt have a dick on, is that normal? Like I thought maybe the char model would get a little Prick hanging around, but she doesnt.

For the impregnation stuff, yes ive already set the confic files for that. Still not working.

3 hours ago, DarkLoo said:

Like I thought maybe the char model would get a little Prick hanging around, but she doesnt.

If you are talking in general then no, player model manipulation is near impossible and noone went through the trouble to implement it.

If, however, you're talking about during sex then yes, your character should have a dick. If not it means it iisn't a Futa.

Then again, you're saying "At least in the config files it has been set to 'true' " - What exactly have you set to "true"? Turning a specific charater into a Futa via config is certainly not a true/false value.

3 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

If you are talking in general then no, player model manipulation is near impossible and noone went through the trouble to implement it.

If, however, you're talking about during sex then yes, your character should have a dick. If not it means it iisn't a Futa.

Then again, you're saying "At least in the config files it has been set to 'true' " - What exactly have you set to "true"? Turning a specific charater into a Futa via config is certainly not a true/false value.

My guess is they have futa content enabled.

On 1/12/2023 at 4:46 PM, Erina Sugino said:

Okay, so my character not having a prick in the animations means its not futa.

I have set in the config file, that all females are Futas. As far as I understood, you dont need to specify "who", its enough to set it to "true" so that every female is a futa out of the box. The instructions are not very clear, but I think I managed that much. However, it did not work apperantly.

33 minutes ago, DarkLoo said:

Okay, so my character not having a prick in the animations means its not futa.

I have set in the config file, that all females are Futas. As far as I understood, you dont need to specify "who", its enough to set it to "true" so that every female is a futa out of the box. The instructions are not very clear, but I think I managed that much. However, it did not work apperantly.

Several things can affect whether config fiddling actually results in turning a character a futa. Specifically, as you mentioned, if no other rules are set on the module, then yes, it would turn all females into futas. As for why it maybe failing, if you have Lustbound, for example, some things change, and i honestly never managed to see the config-side of the futa module work for people the way they intended.

For best results, and better insight, it's recommended to share your logs so we can take a look at what the game says.

So, to better report issues, try providing a description of the issue and recreating the issue in-game, then providing a log file.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

With that, we can better provide help on the matter.

So I am new to this mod; decided to give it a shot tonight for the hell of it. I had sex with a few creatures, and a couple of crewmates and felt satisfied, so I went to uninstall the mods I had installed only 2 hours ago. I load back into the game after sending the mods to the Recycling bin when I noticed my character was gone. I restored the sexbound mod back into the mod folder, and low-and-behold, my character is back.... The only thing that happened that I can tell would affect my character was that she got pregnant when I interacted with one of my crewmates. I didn't even know that was a feature before this. I had uninstalled the mods before this point to make sure things were fine, and they were, so I decided to reinstall and continue. She is still pregnant now, and I thought it would maybe fix the problem to wait out the pregnancy, but then again, I have no idea what comes after that, and if it'd make things worse. Uninstalling the mod pre-pregnancy tells me it's something to do with that feature, but I figured I'd ask anyway. Any ideas? 

Is there any way to remove this mod without removing my character and world? This is my only character, and I host a server that I would rather prefer to keep playing on with this character. 

I installed:

Sexbound latest .pak

Aphrodites bow 6.2.0.pak

Sexbound Defeated 2.7.0.pak

TeratoDefeat 0.4.6.pak

Teratophilia 0.4.6.pak

TeratohiliaScenes.pak

16 minutes ago, Epin said:

Uninstalling the mod pre-pregnancy tells me it's something to do with that feature

I tried loading the game again and looked in the log file; the only thing I could find is the following:

[01:38:26.047] [Error] Failed to valid player with uuid 93b3bc8153e31f8c9317b747f3829782 : (StatusEffectDatabaseException) No such unique stat effect 'sexbound_pregnant'

Is there any way to fix this in-game?

31 minutes ago, Epin said:

I tried loading the game again and looked in the log file; the only thing I could find is the following:

[01:38:26.047] [Error] Failed to valid player with uuid 93b3bc8153e31f8c9317b747f3829782 : (StatusEffectDatabaseException) No such unique stat effect 'sexbound_pregnant'

Have you tried loading twice, and have you tried a new character and universe?

4 minutes ago, smurf123smurf said:

Have you tried loading twice, and have you tried a new character and universe?

Load twice as in remove the files and load&quit the game two times in a row? If so, yes with no further success. My character doesn't appear in the character selection screen.

As far as creating a new character and universe, I would prefer not risking an accidental overwrite of any existing character files, so I have not done that yet. I'm also unsure how that would effect my existing character. Although, I am open to anything such that an explanation of how it would potentially fix my primary character is submitted.

Since I've only ever created one character, could I create a new character and universe, then copy my ship and its resources over to that character? If so, I'd be willing to do that.

(forgive me, this is my first time modding this game since I've started playing it years ago, and I know next to nothing about its internal functions)

23 minutes ago, Epin said:

s far as creating a new character and universe, I would prefer not risking an accidental overwrite of any existing character files, so I have not done that yet. I'm also unsure how that would effect my existing character. Although, I am open to anything such that an explanation of how it would potentially fix my primary character is submitted.

I created backups, and started experimenting with new characters. I was able to create a new character, assign the new character's filename ID to the old character's shipworld file which spawned me in my old character's ship on my new character. I have to redo all of my quests, and everything that would be character-side, so finding a way to salvage my old character is still highly preferred.

Edited by Epin
Sentence restructure
1 hour ago, Epin said:

Well, if you got pregnant, which is a status effect, safe to say, you need to clear the pregnancy before moving on. You can either use the "abortion pills" or advance time, if that setting is enabled.

Aphrodite's Bow is also a quest, which if you completed, you cannot "remove the quest from your log", so the quest/mod becomes attached to your save file.

... honestly, rule of thumb, this would have happened with 90% of mods out there, any mod that either adds quests, status effects or more, will brick your character if you try to remove the mod after engaging with it. On one hand, i get why people do that, "Had my fun and moved on", but then why'd you do it with your main character save, that you play multiplayer with?

Only things i can tell you are: "Don't do that again, shit will happen" and "Making backups is good and healthy".

7 hours ago, Epin said:

So I am new to this mod; decided to give it a shot tonight for the hell of it. I had sex with a few creatures, and a couple of crewmates and felt satisfied, so I went to uninstall the mods I had installed only 2 hours ago. I load back into the game after sending the mods to the Recycling bin when I noticed my character was gone. I restored the sexbound mod back into the mod folder, and low-and-behold, my character is back.... The only thing that happened that I can tell would affect my character was that she got pregnant when I interacted with one of my crewmates. I didn't even know that was a feature before this. I had uninstalled the mods before this point to make sure things were fine, and they were, so I decided to reinstall and continue. She is still pregnant now, and I thought it would maybe fix the problem to wait out the pregnancy, but then again, I have no idea what comes after that, and if it'd make things worse. Uninstalling the mod pre-pregnancy tells me it's something to do with that feature, but I figured I'd ask anyway. Any ideas? 

Is there any way to remove this mod without removing my character and world? This is my only character, and I host a server that I would rather prefer to keep playing on with this character. 

I installed:

Sexbound latest .pak

Aphrodites bow 6.2.0.pak

Sexbound Defeated 2.7.0.pak

TeratoDefeat 0.4.6.pak

Teratophilia 0.4.6.pak

TeratohiliaScenes.pak

As red already started to explain, this is to be expected behaviour. Deinstalling mods while still trying to play on a save (or in Starbound's case universe and player) these mods affected is usually a bad idea, in any game. Most mods add stuff that then becomes part of the save, and when these mods and their additions are gone but the game still tries to load them (items saved in inventory, objects in the world, scripted stuff like quests that don't exist anymore) shit breaks hard and fast.

In the case of Starbound and sexbound - The reason why uninstalling the mod worked fine at the beginning is because, well, nothing happend yet. Unless you actively engage in any of the content, the only things that change are the following: A universe flag is set to indicate this universe has had the sexbound mod installed at some point. This however is irrelevant, because other mod's logic that might use this universe flag to change stuff (like adding dungeons or modifying the outpost layout to add secrets like Aphrodites Bow) too will be uninstalled with these changes no longer being applied. The flag itself is just a boolean in the universe file, nothing to worry about. Furthermore your player will get two items in it's inventory upon first loading with sexbound enabled - a codex item for the Sexbound FAQ codex and the "Sexbound Customizer" item which opens a simple UI window with stats. credits and mod recommendations. I actually don't know how much the game likes reading codices that cease to exist, if you read that it might already be too late, otherwise Starbound has a convenient fallback feature (one of the only good coding gimmicks it has xD) that turns broken/no longer existent items into "Perfectly Generic Items" - so no harm done here.

Things however get problematic quite easily. As red also said, Aphrodites bow adds it's own quest which you cannot remove after completion. And Starbound hates loading vanilla game data like quest in your player file that don't exist anymore. However I doubt you engaged with that secret two hours into the game. Starbound also hates status effects applied to an entity that aren't defined anymore. Sexbound adds a whopping total of 15 of these alone, of which at least 5 are casually obtained in a longer lasting manner. In your case, as the log states, you are pregnant - which consists of a status effect (which is merely cosmetic, but ultimately given for ever until sexbound's mod logic removes it when your pregnancy ends) as well as (harmless on uninstall) data associated with the entity. Most of the rest is harmless data overhead that doesn't cause problems per se, unless I'm forgetting something.

So finally, in your case what could you do. Assuming that not much happened during the "2 hours of testing" you did with the mod - other than getting pregnant - you could try manually "uninstalling" changes from your world. First off, like I mentioned earlier, I don't know if non-existent codices crash the entity or not - might very well be - in which case, should you have read the codex already, your character is gone without savefile editing (which is scary and even more error-prone). Other than that, make sure to end your pregnancy, using the "abortion pill" item to remove it instantly. Alternatively you could let it end or finish it immediately via another item "Birthing pill" from Lustbound, though this might create other issues as the freshly spawned NPC that you give birth to will have a custom NPC type from sexbound. So the player being "corrupted" is not the only thing to worry about here, albeit the earliest notably one. The custom NPC should just fail to load in the world and hence get removed automatically. But if you placed down any furniture, especially on your ship, that belongs to the mods - remove it before uninstalling. Worst case scenario this unknown objects the game can't load might crash the sector of the world, hence crashing the world instance. If this world instance is your shipworld - the only "save place" the game falls back to in this case, it just casually resets your shipworld to a fresh spawn.

NPCs might also face the same issues as you, having status effects or items from the mods - however in their case they just crash on load, being removed from existence forever, no lasting consequences. Finally, if parts of the mod remain on planets and cause a crash, these planets become unusable. The fix is easy - remove the world file of that planet so it get's regenerated on your next visit. Unless it's your homeworld with a giant base on it, in which case you want to be extra thorough in removing all objects, furniture and items from the mods beforehand.

But generally, as read said, backups are your friend. If you really want to add mods onto an existing world/character, make a backup to restore when you want to get rid of it after the fact. Otherwise you find yourself asking for help if your progress can be saved or not.

Edited by Erina Sugino
5 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

But generally, as read said, backups are your friend. If you really want to add mods onto an existing world/character, make a backup to restore when you want to get rid of it after the fact. Otherwise you find yourself asking for help if your progress can be saved or not.

... well, Read here, that's me! -- Jokes apart, saves, can actually be saved from the most fucked of states, and i sometimes had to do so to figure out why Pregnancy broke in the past. It's however a extremely finnicky process and requires you to know what you're looking for. I'm not gonna give a whole tutorial on this comment, but yeah. Safe to say, the least savvy of users is more than glad to shove the whole universe in the bin and move on, than having to deal with half-a-million lines of JSON code, looking for missing/erroneous data.

On 4/23/2019 at 11:55 AM, red3dred said:

There are functionalities for that in PM2PB, and a stand-alone visual mod for Futa if you want, but that's about it for that mod. If you want females impregnating other females then you'll have to setup the config in PM2PB.

FU's races are under ban since Sayter has done very direct and obvious "counter"-attacks as protest. We are not allowed to make support for them anymore. Not unless the original creator of the Kirhos comes out of the wood-work solely to give it a "yes".

https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/kirhos-discontinued.2815/ Thats the original mods uploaded by the original creator and here it states that:

Mod Assets Permissions:
Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

3 hours ago, Fuigo said:

https://community.playstarbound.com/resources/kirhos-discontinued.2815/ Thats the original mods uploaded by the original creator and here it states that:

Mod Assets Permissions:
Anyone can alter/redistribute the mod's assets without the author's consent.

Sadly those blanket permissions don't work too great if they weren't explicitly given, not only to us, but also to the FU side of the fence, who will push back by adding new incompatibilities on purpose if you try to support the race.

... also nice Necromancy lol, that topic was long buried.

17 hours ago, red3dred said:

Well, if you got pregnant, which is a status effect, safe to say, you need to clear the pregnancy before moving on. You can either use the "abortion pills" or advance time, if that setting is enabled.

Aphrodite's Bow is also a quest, which if you completed, you cannot "remove the quest from your log", so the quest/mod becomes attached to your save file.

... honestly, rule of thumb, this would have happened with 90% of mods out there, any mod that either adds quests, status effects or more, will brick your character if you try to remove the mod after engaging with it. On one hand, i get why people do that, "Had my fun and moved on", but then why'd you do it with your main character save, that you play multiplayer with?

Only things i can tell you are: "Don't do that again, shit will happen" and "Making backups is good and healthy"

Thank you for your reply! I also have to apologize if I offended you at all when I mentioned that I wanted to uninstall the mods. What I meant, was that I wanted my vanilla character to be.. well.. vanilla, and to create a new character to use the mods with. Why I didn't do that first, and especially why I didn't create backups to begin with? I can't really tell you, other than... well, a lot of stupidity can happen when you're thinking with two heads at once.... Nevertheless, I still do appreciate the feedback and reply. I will move forward taking the necessary precautions from now on.

11 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

As red already started to explain, this is to be expected behaviour. Deinstalling mods while still trying to play on a save (or in Starbound's case universe and player) these mods affected is usually a bad idea, in any game. Most mods add stuff that then becomes part of the save, and when these mods and their additions are gone but the game still tries to load them (items saved in inventory, objects in the world, scripted stuff like quests that don't exist anymore) shit breaks hard and fast.

In the case of Starbound and sexbound - The reason why uninstalling the mod worked fine at the beginning is because, well, nothing happend yet. Unless you actively engage in any of the content, the only things that change are the following: A universe flag is set to indicate this universe has had the sexbound mod installed at some point. This however is irrelevant, because other mod's logic that might use this universe flag to change stuff (like adding dungeons or modifying the outpost layout to add secrets like Aphrodites Bow) too will be uninstalled with these changes no longer being applied. The flag itself is just a boolean in the universe file, nothing to worry about. Furthermore your player will get two items in it's inventory upon first loading with sexbound enabled - a codex item for the Sexbound FAQ codex and the "Sexbound Customizer" item which opens a simple UI window with stats. credits and mod recommendations. I actually don't know how much the game likes reading codices that cease to exist, if you read that it might already be too late, otherwise Starbound has a convenient fallback feature (one of the only good coding gimmicks it has xD) that turns broken/no longer existent items into "Perfectly Generic Items" - so no harm done here.

Things however get problematic quite easily. As red also said, Aphrodites bow adds it's own quest which you cannot remove after completion. And Starbound hates loading vanilla game data like quest in your player file that don't exist anymore. However I doubt you engaged with that secret two hours into the game. Starbound also hates status effects applied to an entity that aren't defined anymore. Sexbound adds a whopping total of 15 of these alone, of which at least 5 are casually obtained in a longer lasting manner. In your case, as the log states, you are pregnant - which consists of a status effect (which is merely cosmetic, but ultimately given for ever until sexbound's mod logic removes it when your pregnancy ends) as well as (harmless on uninstall) data associated with the entity. Most of the rest is harmless data overhead that doesn't cause problems per se, unless I'm forgetting something.

So finally, in your case what could you do. Assuming that not much happened during the "2 hours of testing" you did with the mod - other than getting pregnant - you could try manually "uninstalling" changes from your world. First off, like I mentioned earlier, I don't know if non-existent codices crash the entity or not - might very well be - in which case, should you have read the codex already, your character is gone without savefile editing (which is scary and even more error-prone). Other than that, make sure to end your pregnancy, using the "abortion pill" item to remove it instantly. Alternatively you could let it end or finish it immediately via another item "Birthing pill" from Lustbound, though this might create other issues as the freshly spawned NPC that you give birth to will have a custom NPC type from sexbound. So the player being "corrupted" is not the only thing to worry about here, albeit the earliest notably one. The custom NPC should just fail to load in the world and hence get removed automatically. But if you placed down any furniture, especially on your ship, that belongs to the mods - remove it before uninstalling. Worst case scenario this unknown objects the game can't load might crash the sector of the world, hence crashing the world instance. If this world instance is your shipworld - the only "save place" the game falls back to in this case, it just casually resets your shipworld to a fresh spawn.

NPCs might also face the same issues as you, having status effects or items from the mods - however in their case they just crash on load, being removed from existence forever, no lasting consequences. Finally, if parts of the mod remain on planets and cause a crash, these planets become unusable. The fix is easy - remove the world file of that planet so it get's regenerated on your next visit. Unless it's your homeworld with a giant base on it, in which case you want to be extra thorough in removing all objects, furniture and items from the mods beforehand.

Thank you so much for you amazingly detailed, and extensive reply, you helped resolve my issue tonight. To answer a couple of things from your prompt; most of the 2 hours was trying to figure out how to use the mods, and the remaining 30 minutes included the "action". I successfully uninstalled the mods after opening FAQ Codec and the "Sexbound Customizer", to give you an answer on that front. 

The abortion pills got rid of the status effect like you said; I was mostly worried about having the pregnancy because I didn't want to deal with that whole mess trying to clear that up. Luckily for me, uninstalling the mods after taking the abortion pill (along with double checking everything was off my ship first and destroyed), worked and I can now load my character without any issues at all.

I just want to reiterate how appreciative I am for both of you being so responsive, and helpful, so many years after uploading these mods. Thank you for your time and energy in helping a dummy fix his stupid mistake that shouldn't have happened in the first place lmao.