CBPC - CBP Physics with Collisions for SSE and VR

On 11/24/2019 at 8:29 AM, Shizof said:

Someone else asked me about that before too. The thing is, all the calculations are done with delta time already, so fps shouldn't affect anything except smooth movement. 60fps is kind of a sweet spot for human eyes. That speed change may be because of that. 

Yes, I'll try to test for that too and eliminate it if possible.

I don't think you ever followed up on this, but I can confirm that this also happens to me. When I have fps higher than 60 (very noticeable 100fps and up) the physics speed up along with the framerate. Currently not running havok fix or anything like that - no vsynch and no frame limiter.

Also TuningMode = 2 might have been causing me to ctd while 1 was fine - I'll look into replicating that tomorrow.

EDIT: Video for fps thing - Also my CTD's were probably save corruption from saving and loading during SL Anims

On 1/28/2020 at 5:17 AM, blau3r said:

I've been trying to get the Penis collision of my character to fit his schlong just right and I ran into an interesting issue:

When the collision for the vagina changes from genitals06 to 04 on insertion it works just fine. However when you pull out instead of switching from 04 to 06 (when 04 is more narrow) it keeps tracing the collision outline for 04 until it can't anymore - essentialy rapidly closing the vagina for a short moment. Only then does it go back to registering 06's collision sphere.

Untitled.png.13b505c7d11160d5baaf332f724c8294.png

Blue and green arrows show the stretch of the vagina (max limited by VOpeningLimit ofc.)

Haven't tested for the other Genital nodes but I have to assume it's the same.

I was trying to figure out what exactly was going on... So I was looking at the collision behavior with just genitals06 being defined and 0,0,0,0 for the others (With the initial issue I also had 02 and 01 set to 0,0,0,0 at the time). The weirdest thing happened. Somehow there was another collision sphere ahead of Genitals06 even though it was the only one with a radius or other values. I looked at the nifs for SOS thinking that maybe some other bones were messing with it. Untitled.png.5242e5a9d214d185ed3debc66630bd0e.png
Bones 05 and 03 are not in the config files (Did you feel they were not needed or does using them cause an issue? If not I'll just use them to more accurately shape the schlong collision.)
Coming back to my weird issues: I tried just commenting out the nodes I wasn't using and ta-daa all the issues seem to be gone. I just assumed having a radius of 0 would essentially disable them, but I guess that's not the case?
Was having nodes with no radius assigned actually my issue or am I going mad?

17 hours ago, blau3r said:

I was trying to figure out what exactly was going on... So I was looking at the collision behavior with just genitals06 being defined and 0,0,0,0 for the others (With the initial issue I also had 02 and 01 set to 0,0,0,0 at the time). The weirdest thing happened. Somehow there was another collision sphere ahead of Genitals06 even though it was the only one with a radius or other values. I looked at the nifs for SOS thinking that maybe some other bones were messing with it. Untitled.png.5242e5a9d214d185ed3debc66630bd0e.png
Bones 05 and 03 are not in the config files (Did you feel they were not needed or does using them cause an issue? If not I'll just use them to more accurately shape the schlong collision.)
Coming back to my weird issues: I tried just commenting out the nodes I wasn't using and ta-daa all the issues seem to be gone. I just assumed having a radius of 0 would essentially disable them, but I guess that's not the case?
Was having nodes with no radius assigned actually my issue or am I going mad?

Using 0 radius to disable is a bad idea. It would still try to calculate collision and only difference would be in collision response. Kind of like trying to collide a sphere with a dot, there would be collision, dot will act like a sphere with epsilon radius.

Anyway, I'm going to include support for Capsule/Cone as a collider in the upcoming versions. That would solve any issues people may have with arms, thighs, shafts etc.

Been running into very frequent CTDs when trying to run SL animations or even just walking around in the Bannered Mare - Did some testing to try and find the variable giving me troubles and it looks like parallel processing = 2 might be the issue (not tested with 1 as of rn). I was able to run 10+ anims with parallel=0 without issues in my 2 tests.

The netscript crash only shows SMP though and not CBPC (as far as I can tell) which has me dumbfounded...

I can get you CBPC logs too when I get another moment to try and test again.
My SMP is set up to not affect body at all.

Crash_2020_1_31_5-1-51.txt Crash_2020_1_31_5-23-16.txt

46 minutes ago, blau3r said:

Been running into very frequent CTDs when trying to run SL animations or even just walking around in the Bannered Mare - Did some testing to try and find the variable giving me troubles and it looks like parallel processing = 2 might be the issue (not tested with 1 as of rn). I was able to run 10+ anims with parallel=0 without issues in my 2 tests.

Yes, so Shizof suggested for those who see CTD with paralell processing = 1 or 2, set it as 0 (do not use pararell processing.

it change with our CPU . because there seems only a few report, parrarell processing cause CTD 

As for me it worked  with some strange quest, CTD  of shouts, and it solved some IFL problem too.   then I keep it as 0  (if you see CTD with 2, maybe you get same CTD with 1, I suppose)

3 hours ago, blau3r said:

The netscript crash only shows SMP though and not CBPC (as far as I can tell) which has me dumbfounded...

I can get you CBPC logs too when I get another moment to try and test again.
My SMP is set up to not affect body at all.

Crash_2020_1_31_5-1-51.txt 38.25 kB · 1 download Crash_2020_1_31_5-23-16.txt 36.45 kB · 0 downloads

Yes I currently recommend setting UseParallelProcessing = 0.

Setting it to 1 or 2 can cause ctd for some people. In the next version I'll change how that parameter works or maybe remove it.

11 hours ago, Shizof said:

Yes I currently recommend setting UseParallelProcessing = 0.

Setting it to 1 or 2 can cause ctd for some people. In the next version I'll change how that parameter works or maybe remove it.

I'm doing fine with UseParallelProcessing=2 on my old i5-3570K OC to 4.2 GHz. I can't say that I've seen any FPS gain using it, but it does no harm AFAICS and it gives me a warm fuzzy knowing that I am doing all I can do to mitigate my fps drops.

Just to prove it, here is a picture of my warm fuzzy:

Spoiler

20200131130628_1.jpg

:classic_biggrin:

15 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

I'm doing fine with UseParallelProcessing=2 on my old i5-3570K OC to 4.2 GHz. I can't say that I've seen any FPS gain using it, but it does no harm AFAICS and it gives me a warm fuzzy knowing that I am doing all I can do to mitigate my fps drops.

Yeah I'm not able to reproduce it on my end too, but several people said it causes ctd for them when doing certain things (like changing sex) or after 5-6 hours of gaming etc. I think there may be an incompatibility with other mods too.

Performance gains from parallel processing won't be noticeable if you don't test it in extreme gaming conditions like having crazy amount of spheres defined in your collision configs with lots of npcs walking around or if your fps drops are not caused by cbpc of course.

I'm rewriting collision check algorithm for 1.4.0 update, hoping for a big performance gain with that(Preparation for 2.0), so parallel processing will be integrated into the code in only the most safe places to prevent any issues.

2 hours ago, Shizof said:

I'm rewriting collision check algorithm for 1.4.0 update, hoping for a big performance gain with that(Preparation for 2.0), so parallel processing will be integrated into the code in only the most safe places to prevent any issues.

You know I love you, right? :classic_heart:

I know MalePhysics and MalePhysicsOnlyForExtraRaces option in CBPCMasterConfig.txt

but  ,about SOS mesh,  MalePhysics  on and off effect ? 

I sometimes feel, about SOS mesh phsyics, there seems no difference. (eg set GenitalsScrotumLag=Scrot, and set parameter in CBPConfigMgen.txt)

even though I disable male physics (so belly or breast or butt keep tight), SOS mesh and boll seems move with CBP I feel when I pose my PC

(jump or run etc,, without other NPC which may cause collision)

2 hours ago, greenmango12 said:

What I hope someone confirm,  this SOS genital move is Physics?  I do not think animation move gen bones etc,

then I just use default SOS (non physics version) with XPMSE bone. then I do not set HDT smp for body.

if it is actually CBPC  (CBP) move genitals   I think MalePhysics = 0 not stop CBPC move  about SOS. 

Currently, CBPC doesn't touch male genitals by default even if you set MalePhysics = 1.

1 hour ago, Shizof said:

Currently, CBPC doesn't touch male genitals by default even if you set MalePhysics = 1.

Would this also imply that Penis<->Vagina collisions are not supported as of now (using SOS)? I've searched around the thread a bit but couldn't find a definite answer, just a lot of posts about Animal SOS. :(

One post suggested tweaking [NPC Genitals06 [Gen06]], but this did not have an effect even if I set the values to 7 for weight 0 and 14 for weight 100 (which seem like extreme values that should absolutely be noticeable)

Thanks for your time!

7 minutes ago, RealGesichtsfelsen said:

Would this also imply that Penis<->Vagina collisions are not supported as of now (using SOS)? I've searched around the thread a bit but couldn't find a definite answer, just a lot of posts about Animal SOS. :(

One post suggested tweaking [NPC Genitals06 [Gen06]], but this did not have an effect even if I set the values to 7 for weight 0 and 14 for weight 100 (which seem like extreme values that should absolutely be noticeable)

Thanks for your time!

I meant doesn't touch male genital nodes, as in move them in anyway. Of course penis-vagina collisions are supported. Penis is only used as a collider by default.

7 hours ago, Shizof said:

So it means, even though we set gen nodes as affected node in  CBPCMasterDonfigs , and discribe parameters,  it may not move by CBPC?  

or as default, there is no config about SOS or genitals mesh, (I know it),

but it may work if discribe configs correctly? (though it relate with the  Skelton and weight map of the SOS)?

7 hours ago, RealGesichtsfelsen said:

Thanks for your time!

What female body and skelton set,  you currently using?  and do not you miss discribe in configs? 

and I always use same  collider  setting value for SOS nodes.. I do not think  SOS  change size with character weight.  

so right and left need to keep same value, I suppose for genitals nodes collison setting.

2 hours ago, AttilaMagyar said:

I can't get pussy collisions to work when in werewolf form. I'm using SOS  Schlongs of Skyrim  and Sexlab werewolves , Can someone please help me with this issue?

Thanks 

Open the Schlong meshes for the Werewolf schlong (nifskope) and check the bone names - you need to add those as collider nodes in the collision config.

5 hours ago, blau3r said:

Open the Schlong meshes for the Werewolf schlong (nifskope) and check the bone names - you need to add those as collider nodes in the collision config.

Yes I recommend, at least about werewolf with CBPC, just use default SOS offered genitals meshes, then it work even though you keep  human  SOS collision setting. 

(basically you may no need to adjust collision, or add new collision for werewofl genitals, if you use SOS offered mesh)

I use Sexlab werewolf  to PC transform), and use Hentai Werewolf (for NPC). then  test vs follower.. . both case CBPC vagina, and belly buldge worked for me.  And it solve my issue  thanks.

(I have tried to use MNC mesh or Honey Creature mesh for werewolf to work with CBPC,  then requested if ASOS offer mesh and skelton, ,but just use SOS for werewolf seems work well for my purpose)

1. in CF, werewolf = disabled.

2  confirm your werewolf use XPMSE offered werewolf skelton.  if not try it overwrite othe mods werewolf skelton.   then it worked as usuall human NPC + SOS offered  werewolf mesh.

XPMSE werewolf skelton arrange are almost same as human about genital related nodes.  then human Collision setting fit to the SOS mesh. so basically it work.

Then I may hope to ask Shizof, about werewolf, can I set the werewolf race and make CBPCollision_werewolf as same as other creature race

which only work for PC werewolf , and NPC werewolf ,  to tweak  some collision setting,   best fit for SOS offer werewolf genitals meshes?

5 hours ago, greenmango12 said:

Then I may hope to ask Shizof, about werewolf, can I set the werewolf race and make CBPCollision_werewolf as same as other creature race

which only work for PC werewolf , and NPC werewolf ,  to tweak  some collision setting,   best fit for SOS offer werewolf genitals meshes?

Yes that would work of course. But not sure about PC werewolf.

4 hours ago, Shizof said:

Yes that would work of course. But not sure about PC werewolf.

Thanks.   I suppose,  about PC transform,, they may keep their default races (Nord etc) ,then propably we can not use different setting,

for transform werewolf,,. I will  check in game with console.

Good news for werewolf ^^;

I could confirm,, in game after transform werewolf, PC race change as werewolf!  So I suppose,, if CBPC catch the Player werewolf,

may  use configs of current  racename,  (if I made it), but I do not know how CBPC up-date collision configs, when PC change race,,

wererace.JPG.4c7da054af36f0fb35425410b2f215f8.JPG

Then I asked before, if we can not use editor-race to check and apply configs,, I did not think there is good way, at that time,,

http://www.cipscis.com/skyrim/tutorials/editorids.aspx

So I assume, if make plugin,, eg CBPCrace.exp then atach script witch may use Configs, may work?

Though I do not know how to technically..  When I ask about creature mod,, Mod author say if CBPC use race name not editr ID race name

it may cause issue about some creature, (Yes some different  creature ,which use different mesh, skelton, race editorID r , but  use same racename)  so I still think, if there will be good way,, using Editor ID to set CBPConfigs.  but I know CBPC need to keep current good performance. 

(so if someone find good way and reprot,, ,then shizof try,  as for me,, I can not edit or read code  of dll at all, then only request ^^;)

34 minutes ago, greenmango12 said:

Good news for werewolf ^^;

I could confirm,, in game after transform werewolf, PC race change as werewolf!  So I suppose,, if CBPC catch the Player werewolf,

may  use configs of current  racename,  (if I made it), but I do not know how CBPC up-date collision configs, when PC change race,,

Then I asked before, if we can not use editor-race to check and apply configs,, I did not think there is good way, at that time,,

http://www.cipscis.com/skyrim/tutorials/editorids.aspx

So I assume, if make plugin,, eg CBPCrace.exp then atach script witch may use Configs, may work?

Though I do not know how to technically..  When I ask about creature mod,, Mod author say if CBPC use race name not editr ID race name

it may cause issue about some creature, (Yes some different  creature ,which use different mesh, skelton, race editorID r , but  use same racename)  so I still think, if there will be good way,, using Editor ID to set CBPConfigs.  but I know CBPC need to keep current good performance. 

(so if someone find good way and reprot,, ,then shizof try,  as for me,, I can not edit or read code  of dll at all, then only request ^^;)

You can just create a new CBPCollisionConfig_werewolf.txt and set it to be used for Werewolf race only.

Werewolf race is called "Werewolf" afaik.

If you have problem figuring out the name of the race, just enable logging and open the game for a few seconds when player is werewolf and check the log. The races around will be printed. Just use that name.

3 hours ago, Shizof said:

You can just create a new CBPCollisionConfig_werewolf.txt and set it to be used for Werewolf race only.

Werewolf race is called "Werewolf" afaik.

If you have problem figuring out the name of the race, just enable logging and open the game for a few seconds when player is werewolf and check the log. The races around will be printed. Just use that name.

Yes. I can easy create it, And  CBPCollisionConfig_ww.txt may work too,  if I set the racename in the txt   (If I remember correctly what you answered me before)

What I hope to know is,  CBPC immidiately  load  the CBPCollisionConfig_werewolf.txt, when PC (default race) transform  to werewolf race,

and may  attach collisions,  even though I disable up-date collision configs  in setting file?

And why I may still hope to use "Editr ID of racename",  I actually see some creature mods, which use different mesh and skelton about same "Racename"

but grouped by "Editor ID race name" 

eg,, Chicken and Rabbit use different Editor ID (race) , but they are grouped as "Rabbit" race.  

or when Nord  turn vampire,  in Editror ID, they change to NoldRaceVampire (Editor ID)  ,but Racename is sitll Nold. 

About creature mods  it seems important when set collisions  align to mod offer mesh shape.

Though I know when new CBPC will  offer way  to set collision config for each nifs,  we may need not care much..?

Hello,

Thank you for your excellent mod - I have a couple of questions.

1. If I have both HDT-SMP and CBPC installed, how do I know what is actually handling what? It appears that CBPC reads the HDT-SMP XML files to determine what to do regarding bounce and collisions etc., so how do I know what is actually active at the time for a given XML? For instance, I installed the SOS HDT stuff for schlong/genitals bounce (and moved the MaleSchlong.XML to the correct folder as referenced in the NIFs, not the wrong folder it actually installs into). I also enabled MalePhysics in the CBPCMasterConfig file. The physics is definitely working (I can reach out with my virtual hand and grab testicles and move them around, although not the penis itself), but how do I tell whether it is CBPC or HDT-SMP actually doing it? I would rather have CBPC doing everything unless I want HDT-SMP to handle it. With CBBE 3BBB Advanced, I know that CBPC is handling it (since I have to manually configure those things for HDT-SMP), but how do I know for everything else?
  2. In VR when I am impacting body parts with my hands, I sometimes notice haptic feedback and sometimes not. Perhaps this is due to whether CBPC or HDT-SMP is actually handing it, but I am wondering how CBPC determines whether to send haptic feedback. I am wondering whether this is determined by some kind of parameter in the HDT-SMP XML file?

Thanks!

EDIT: I altered the XML file to contain some of the info from the "floppy" SOS SE XML as found here:

I left behind the old per-vertex-shape tags from the end of the SOS HDT-SMP patch and removed the per-triangle-shapes from the one in the attachment. I am able to move both the penis and the genitals around with my hand, although the penis seems to move down when my hand moves up for some reason. I still have no haptic feedback and no idea whether HDT-SMP or CBPC is actually making the movement work, so my questions above still stand.