Treasure Hunter Whore (A Devious Quest)

15 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Heh, yes, I see that I completely misread your meaning about "colder".

I didn't want you to get discouraged and give up on using the mod, since Hardcore Mode can be very difficult.  If you really want to use Hardcore again, Zaflis had a good point about the shock death.  Also, I recommend Tenri's fixes for the mod, which fix some problems and might make the experience better for you.

Again thank you. What I can read in the fixes post I did already myself: I made a few changes to the code to make the vibration events a little more bearable. I just couldn´t play the quest with going two steps and again crumbling to the ground in a whimpering mess.

The amount and time are the first changes I made to the code.

• 4 months later...

Hi folks, is anyone aware of any other mod that depends on specific Form IDs from THW? It appears eligible for Form ID compacting and ESL flagging in SSE. A quick scan of the scripts didn't reveal anything obvious, but I certainly don't pretend to know what's hiding in the guts of every mod on the Lab.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, NotKinkyEnough said:

if the "stop standing around" distance is constantly -2147483648 does that mean the target is on another landmass?

Technically, a different world space, but that shouldn't happen.  All the destinations are in the "Tamriel" world space, and the mod should have started you there.

34 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

Technically, a different world space, but that shouldn't happen.  All the destinations are in the "Tamriel" world space, and the mod should have started you there.

I'm in Tamriel and was sent by Simple Slavery ++. 
It's not urgent or important, I was just testing SS++ to make sure it worked (with an ASLAL start) and this outcome was chosen, I'd like to know what to do to prevent it though!

1 hour ago, NotKinkyEnough said:

quick q

if the "stop standing around" distance is constantly -2147483648 does that mean the target is on another landmass?

or one of the moons?

I mean I like a challenge but...

The distance should change as you go. The number kinda looks like what I recall from when I first tried converting this and using it without the DLL. If it's not changing at all, that means your DLL is not working, which makes the hot/cold part of this much harder. If you're on AE, you should downgrade to 1.5.97 and use the SE DLL in this thread.

1 hour ago, zarantha said:

The distance should change as you go. The number kinda looks like what I recall from when I first tried converting this and using it without the DLL. If it's not changing at all, that means your DLL is not working, which makes the hot/cold part of this much harder. If you're on AE, you should downgrade to 1.5.97 and use the SE DLL in this thread.

I'll double check I replaced the DLL. I know I did at one point, but I've made a few repairs and might have overwritten it, that seems most likely given your description.

Thanks to @fred200 's update as a base, I think I might actually have gotten the DLL updated for AE 1.6.353 / SKSE 2.1.5. This was an experiment to see if I could update something else after actually getting DD's DLL updated.

No errors loading anyway in the skse64.log, I just can't test in game right now. Should work though, since the only thing I did was add the versioning code and change the skse version from 1.5.97 to current_release_runtime.

skse64.log

loading plugin "TreasureHunterWhore"
plugin TreasureHunterWhore.dll (00000001 TreasureHunterWhore 00000001) loaded correctly (handle 21)

If there are guinea pigs brave souls who want to try it out:

TreasureHunterWhore SKSE 2.1.5 (1.6.353) DLL.7z

This is the updated project for anyone interested in compiling for other AE versions:

TreasureHunterWhoreSource.7z

• 2 months later...
On 1/11/2022 at 11:52 PM, zarantha said:

Thanks to @fred200 's update as a base, I think I might actually have gotten the DLL updated for AE 1.6.353 / SKSE 2.1.5. This was an experiment to see if I could update something else after actually getting DD's DLL updated.

No errors loading anyway in the skse64.log, I just can't test in game right now. Should work though, since the only thing I did was add the versioning code and change the skse version from 1.5.97 to current_release_runtime.

skse64.log

plugin TreasureHunterWhore.dll (00000001 TreasureHunterWhore 00000001) loaded correctly (handle 21)

If there are guinea pigs brave souls who want to try it out:

TreasureHunterWhore SKSE 2.1.5 (1.6.353) DLL.7z 580.74 kB · 31 downloads

This is the updated project for anyone interested in compiling for other AE versions:

TreasureHunterWhoreSource.7z 9.43 MB · 9 downloads

The file loads, but I can't get  Simple Slavery to recognize it as a potential option.

12 hours ago, Ramien said:

The file loads, but I can't get  Simple Slavery to recognize it as a potential option.

Did you install the rest of the mod? I just linked the skse plugin there. it should overwrite the skse plugin included in the main mod.

Are you getting a MCM for this mod?

26 minutes ago, zarantha said:

Did you install the rest of the mod? I just linked the skse plugin there. it should overwrite the skse plugin included in the main mod.

Are you getting a MCM for this mod?

Yeah, that was the problem. For some reason only the plugin was enabled. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Fun mod, mostly. I made the run, retrieved the object and was to meet the vampire at the Half Moon Mill, but he never appeared. I actually waited over an hour in real time and he never appeared. To try and keep the game going, I went to the hill with the skeletons and let them kill me. I resurrected at the target location at the Half Moon Mill, still in bondage and with another half hour of real time waiting. Had to scrap the character, since I started the quest from the Alternate Start - Live Another Life devious option and had no pre-quest save to revert to. Any idea why the master vampire never showed up?? Oh, Better Vampires was installed, but not running for this character. The Better Vampires appearance addon was also installed, but it had no negative effect on the master at the start.

Update: Second attempt successful. Completed quest with no problem.

Edited by conundrum42
  • 4 months later...

New DLL for AE 1.6.640. File name says 2.2.1, it works with 2.2.2 as well.

TreasureHunterWhore SKSE 2.2.1 (1.6.640).7z

skse64.log

checking plugin TreasureHunterWhore.dll
plugin TreasureHunterWhore.dll (00000001 TreasureHunterWhore 00000001) loaded correctly (handle 2)

Added in the version check stuff since without it, the skse64.log was complaining that there was none and wouldn't load the plugin.

checking plugin TreasureHunterWhore.dll
plugin TreasureHunterWhore.dll (00000000  00000000) no version data 0 (handle 0)

It looks like this now. I'm sure there's a better way, I just don't know it. And if someone knows how to convert this to address library, go for it or explain to me in baby words... :)

Spoiler

extern "C" {
    __declspec(dllexport) SKSEPluginVersionData SKSEPlugin_Version =
    {
        SKSEPluginVersionData::kVersion,
        "TreasureHunterWhore",
        "",
        "",

0,    // not version independent (extended field)
        0,    // not version independent
        { RUNTIME_VERSION_1_6_640, 0 },    // compatible with 1.6.640

1,    // works with any version of the script extender. you probably do not need to put anything here
    };

bool SKSEPlugin_Query(const SKSEInterface* a_skse, PluginInfo* a_info)
    {
        gLog.OpenRelative(CSIDL_MYDOCUMENTS, "\\My Games\\Skyrim Special Edition\\SKSE\\TreasureHunterWhore.log");
        gLog.SetPrintLevel(IDebugLog::kLevel_DebugMessage);
        gLog.SetLogLevel(IDebugLog::kLevel_DebugMessage);

_MESSAGE("TreasureHunterWhore v%s", MYFP_VERSION_VERSTRING);

a_info->infoVersion = PluginInfo::kInfoVersion;
        a_info->name = "TreasureHunterWhore";
        a_info->version = MYFP_VERSION_MAJOR;

if (a_skse->isEditor) {
            _FATALERROR("[FATAL ERROR] Loaded in editor, marking as incompatible!\n");
            return false;
        }
        else if (a_skse->runtimeVersion != RUNTIME_VERSION_1_6_640) {
            _FATALERROR("[FATAL ERROR] Unsupported runtime version %08X!\n", a_skse->runtimeVersion);
            return false;
        }

return true;
    }

AE 1.6.353 is a few posts up (here)

SE 1.5.97 is here.

Edited by zarantha
  • 3 weeks later...

Okay this first quest is beyond annoying finding the vampire girl. carrying the trinket How the hell am i supposed to find her all tied up with a blindfold on me.

I tried walking/running around at first but i couldnt see anything with it on and i kept getting shocked to death.

After about an hour trying to follow the warmer colder thing and dying alot i got pissed of an first coc'ed myself to falkreath to walk to halfmoon mill but i kept getting shocked so then i restarted the save where he left me near high hrotgar wich is like 24377990 from her location mind you.

This mod is telling me to find her tied up, blindfolded(in the complete dark) with nothing but the colder/warmer thing to guide me to the other side of the map while avoiding death.

Yeah no i safeworded myself out of all generic devices now i could see then i coc'ed myself to halfmoon mill to try to walk and find her but when i was like 9000 meters away she suddenly teleported 70k away from me so i said "fuck you mod" i coc'ed myself back to halfmoon mill wich made me fail the quest got tied in a petsuit near high hrotgar again opened the console grabbed this vampire girl douche's ID restarted the save player.movedto myself to her location.

She had started in markarth...

Look i have no doubt alot of time and love went into this mod and its supposed to be hard but this is actually impossible.

Anyone who has the same quest and wanna save yourself a headache send a pm and ill give you her ID so you can move yourself to her location aswell

Oh and i have to reach her before she reaches halfmoon mill a place she is much closer to than me otherwise i fail the quest. Shes also much faster than me

Edited by pappana
adding stuff
2 hours ago, pappana said:

This mod is telling me to find her tied up, blindfolded(in the complete dark) with nothing but the colder/warmer thing to guide me to the other side of the map while avoiding death.

The quest can be fun with the option for hard mode and finding the girl turned off.  Just finding the trinket can be challenging enough.

2 minutes ago, HexBolt8 said:

The quest can be fun with the option for hard mode and finding the girl turned off.  Just finding the trinket can be challenging enough.

I have no doubt about that but what i did was ojust too much, not even the hardest DCL quest is that hard and those are brutaly annoying