AAF for beginners: Step by step (Outdated)

On 2/1/2019 at 3:13 PM, darkon74slayer said:

Is there a way to control what items of clothing and armor get stripped off character in AAF?

Also are synths suppose to have some kind of penis or use a strap-on?

when you install AAF I believe it dose ask you if you wont full strip or partial stripping. As for synths with strap on's the only mod I know that dose that is Synth Clamp on's found here https://www.loverslab.com/topic/115118-fallout-4-synth-clamp-ons/?tab=comments#comment-2496189. hope this helps

Kythana. First, just wanted to say "Thank you." You might have this on hold, but I am still finding it extremely useful.

I do have a question. I note that in the category "Base Mods" you have the Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch listed last. Are you saying it should be at this place in the Load Order? The Install Order? Or are you saying that it doesn't matter, because the patch doesn't affect any of the mods before it?

@BigDelite

As long as a mod with an ESM doesn't specify that it should be loaded after the 'Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch' (which is very very rare), the ESM of the UF4P should always be the last ESM in your loadorder.

Btw. thanks for the feedback. I was always wondering a bit if people actually look into the spoiler (or find post #4 useful). ;)

7 hours ago, Kythana said:

Btw. thanks for the feedback. I was always wondering a bit if people actually look into the spoiler (or find post #4 useful). ;)

I'll be perfectly honest; those four posts, especially the load order and the troubleshooting, have been the greatest aid to me that I've found. There might be better out there, (and I certainly searched) but I didn't find any. 

Thanks, again.

Nice guild, I followed it step by step, and it has help with some minor problems I had.

1.  RSE elements if I run it the nudity check from [AAF] RSE Elements Vol.3 . ( All the other RSE elements seem to work fine, just the nudity check is screwed in Vol 3 )

The NPC approach, the dialogue happens but the animation never starts and the NPC just walks off.the Super mutants, and dog's still have flaccid penis.

2.  If I run AAF_RSE v4.0 (10-28-2018) ( the first version Of RSE not elements ) everything works fine with the nudity checks. dialogues starts, and finishes, and the animation starts fine. and everything else in AAF_RSE v4.0 (10-28-2018) works properly.

But the super mutants, and dogs still have flaccid Penis.

3. On good note the Threesome animations seem to always work now, they were very spastic before I went through your Guild.

4. Load order, Could you check it.  I have found that Loot makes a mess of my load order in FO4, It was very good for Skyrim, with MO, but totally trashes my load order in FO4 with MO2. I know is a little Muddled, but It is a very lean List over all

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
*AAF.esm
*HUDFramework.esm
*SettlementKeywords.esm
*Homemaker.esm
*TortureDevices.esm
*ArmorKeywords.esm
*Knockout Framework.esm
*Devious Devices.esm
*Prisoner Shackles.esp
*Homemaker - Streetlights Use Passive Power.esp
*OCDecorator.esp
*OCDecoratorDLC.esp
*SSEX.esp
*SettleObjExpandPack.esp
*SettleObjExpandPack-LightShadowDisabler.esp
*Minutemenoverhaul.esp
*The Eyes Of Beauty.esp
*TheEyesOfBeauty.esp
*KSHairdos.esp
*AAF_CreaturePack01.esp
*LooksMenu.esp
*LooksMenu Customization Compendium.esp
*CBBE.esp
*DX_Rogue_Prototype.esp
*DX Courser X-92 Power Suit.esp
*rpampas.esp
*clothingoverhaul.esp
*ClothingOverhaulSP_XB1_PC.esp
*FO4_AnimationsByLeito.esp
*Crazy_Animations_Gun.esp
*Crazy_Animation_Rugs.esp
*four_play.esp
*ThraxActionPoses.esp
*Shino Poses.esp
*Atomic Lust.esp
*Vadermania[AAF_anims].esp
*SavageCabbage_Animations.esp
*Farelle_Animations.esp
*Mutated Lust.esp
*VIO_Strap-On.esp
*CumNWealth.esp
*CumNWealth_mutant.esp
*AAF_Four-Play_Animations_Crazy6987.esp
*Rogg DD Items Manager.esp
*CWSS Redux.esp
*FP_FamilyPlanningEnhanced.esp
*AA FusionCityRising.esp
*AA FusionCityRising - HotC.esp
*AAF_RSE.esp
*AAF_RSE_DLCPatch.esp
*FO4Hotkeys.esp
HappyMaker.esp  <<< Makes everyone happy in the settlements
OCDispenser.esp
NSA All-in-One.esp  <<<< the NSA are just no settlement attack, they get old in late game
NSA DLCCoast.esp
NSA DLCNukaWorld.esp
NSA DLCRobot.esp
NSA DLCworkshop01.esp
Clean and Simple - Red Rocket Startup.esp  <<< These are just simple clean settlement, saves a lot of time on multiple playthroughs
*Clean and Simple - Sanctuary Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Ten Pines Bluff Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - County Crossing Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Finch Farm Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Graygarden Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Greentop Nursery Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Hangman's Alley Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Starlight Drive In Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - The Slog Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Boston Airport Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Bunker Hill Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Covenant Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Croup Manor Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Egret Tours Marina Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Jamaica Plain Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Kingsport Lighthouse Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Murkwater Construction Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Nordhagen Beach Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Outpost Zimonja Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Somerville Place Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Spectacle Island Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Sunshine Tidings Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Taffington Boat House Startup.esp
*Clean and Simple - Warwick Startup.esp
fog.esp   <<<< This is a fix for the Drifting particles that hammer FPS to much for me.

Lot to ask, but like you I have been tweaking, and weeding for awhile now, and many thing's just seem to elude me. I installed everything by the number guild as you had them listed, ( assuming that was a priority order list ) but did not see and install for "devious devices" or "Rogg DD Items Manager", I placed as I thought best.

OK, lets go through the things:

1. Thats something you have to ask in the support thread RSEE3. Flashy (or one of the others there) will have a better idea about that.

2. The SM should work fine (see that the morphs aren't overwritten) - the dogs are a bug of 'Leitos Animation Pack' for AAF. Atm i'd recommend to use the older version for 4P. But look if there's an update regarding this. I'm a bit out of the loop when it comes to AAF...

3. ?

4. Sorry, but there are too mods in there that i don't know. So i can't help with that. You might want to try the other thread 'Troubleshooting AAF' (link in post #1). There are many people there and someone might have an idea.

4 hours ago, Kythana said:

OK, lets go through the things:

1. Thats something you have to ask in the support thread RSEE3. Flashy (or one of the others there) will have a better idea about that.

2. The SM should work fine (see that the morphs aren't overwritten) - the dogs are a bug of 'Leitos Animation Pack' for AAF. Atm i'd recommend to use the older version for 4P. But look if there's an update regarding this. I'm a bit out of the loop when it comes to AAF...

3. ?

4. Sorry, but there are too mods in there that i don't know. So i can't help with that. You might want to try the other thread 'Troubleshooting AAF' (link in post #1). There are many people there and someone might have an idea.

well thank you anyway.

I looked at the .nif files for the Super mutants, but there appears to be only one nif.  and a .tri file in the compatibility Patch.  I would guess there is a morphing animation that should be happening,  but evidently for me it is not happening.

I have posted in the threads you mentions, I will try to weed through the Troubleshooting AAF again.  It would be nice to just figure out why RSE elements 3 is failing only on the animati0on start for nudity approach. It works fine with the original RSE, but fails when I run elements.

All the other RSE elements function fine, but that nudity approach is a very important part, the dialogue happens, but when the Fragment or function call for the animation dialogue is reached the NPC just walk off.

Very bothersome ?

As I am using MO2, Scripting is messed up until I take time to write a new compiling Batch file to connect the MO2 mods folder to the main game folder so I can compile my scripts from MO2.

If someone already has and example batch they have finished for this it would save me a lot of head scratching when I set mine up.

@tim8867

1. Violate isn't part of the list so i can't say anything about it. For that you have to ask in its support thread.

2. Some modded weapons are sensitive in regard to the loadorder. Invisible weapons or floating/missing weapon parts are a strong indication that they should be put lower in your loadorder (see the spoiler in post #1). 

Hello. Firstly, this is a great tutorial to help guide new and overwhelmed users.

I seem to have a problem though, I seem to have duplicate listings of every animation I can use in AAF, and the overlays give a pink body texture overlay instead.
I have followed the guide several times over but I get the same result every time. What am I doing wrong?

Every mod in this guide is at the bottom of my load order.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2019 at 6:57 AM, Oomph said:

Hello. Firstly, this is a great tutorial to help guide new and overwhelmed users.

I seem to have a problem though, I seem to have duplicate listings of every animation I can use in AAF, and the overlays give a pink body texture overlay instead.
I have followed the guide several times over but I get the same result every time. What am I doing wrong?

Every mod in this guide is at the bottom of my load order.

Post your load order but I can almost guarantee that is where your problem is at.  

Does anyone have actual download link to MO2 or recommend any other organizers? The link to the Fallout one is there, but the download/installer isn't on the Nexus page nor did I see it on their github link(less I overlooked it.) Whereas their Skyrim version there had downloads to be downloaded; but not sure if that may work with Fallout4 or is it still pretty much same system? 

8 hours ago, morkaelwashere said:

Does anyone have actual download link to MO2 or recommend any other organizers? The link to the Fallout one is there, but the download/installer isn't on the Nexus page nor did I see it on their github link(less I overlooked it.) Whereas their Skyrim version there had downloads to be downloaded; but not sure if that may work with Fallout4 or is it still pretty much same system? 

There are no special versions of MO2 for different games, there is only one universal version and it is hosted on the Skyrim SE page: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6194

On 1/5/2019 at 11:51 PM, Kythana said:

Thats it. I'm sorry, but this is one of the rare situations where got to say 'I give up'!

I've been on it for around two months now (i was tinkering with it for weeks before i even posted the first version). Whenever i finally had a running version there was an update which broke something. I might give AAF another shot in a few months when there arn't so many updates anymore and you don't need so many patches.

But for now i'll remove AAF completely and switch to Flashy's 'RSE Elements Zero'.

I'll continue to update 'Troubleshooting AAF' if someone tells me about a bug and/or a solution for one. But for now i will not continue to look for solutions of bugs anymore...

How is it possible that there are almost perfect frameworks like sexlab for skyrim with next to no problems if you know what you are doing, yet there is nothing close to it for f4 which uses literally the same engine? This is beyond me.

5 minutes ago, ritalmao said:

How is it possible that there are almost perfect frameworks like sexlab for skyrim with next to no problems if you know what you are doing, yet there is nothing close to it for f4 which uses literally the same engine? This is beyond me.

You said it yourself- "If you know what youre doing" AAF is a lot more stable than you think "when uou know what youre doing" Newbies modding Skyrim for the first time have all the same issues in that game getting it going as newbies do here for Fallout 4. Just look at the posts for Skyrim Technical and its no different. Why wont this work, why wont that work. Trust me once you (I'm not saying you don't) or anybody else knows how to use AAF its no harder then installing Cbbe.  I can uninstall and reinstall AAF on a new game or previous game or whatever in less than 5 minutes and have it totally functioning no problem so to say AAF doesn't run properly or very good or whatever is a little misleading. its just like everything else that is new, until people play around with it and learn all the ins and outs, then the guides might as well be in Korean. Another huge mistake I think people make is everytime there is a update from Bethesda, everybody wants to start worrying about updating everything right away when that doesn't accomplish anything. Now if youre in a new game sure, you might be in a position where you need the latest versions but if you already have a game on the go that's working fine and youre happy with it, then updating and getting a whole set of new problems and errors and having to start over and all that is just a complete waste of time. I'm running a game now that's just over 200 hours using the last versions of F4SE and fallout and my game is perfectly fine. There is no reason to bother updating anything. You are not going to miss out on anything anyways unless something major changes. Now if one of the mod authors does a new animation pack that adds 50-100 or whatever cool animations or some big new thing, then yeah I'll update everything, but just updating their mods to be compatable with the next version of F4SE and fallout 4 or adding a couple bug fixes or smaller options or whatever, theres just no point worrying about it if youre game is already running good. Like I said in many posts- Why fix it if it aint broke. Lol

AAF itself isn't the problem. Its the big mix of mods (and the dependencies) surrounding it that make it hard. The next run (propably in May or June) will be with less mods and hopefully less required patches.

Right now i've been playing around with Skyrim SE. For oldrim the setup was way easier than SE as quite a few mods have never been converted or can be problematic. Thankfully there's a huge thread to help in that regard. Atm i'm just finetuning the loadorder (SL is already done) to pretty up all the NPC a bit more...

On 3/14/2019 at 9:22 PM, rabidsquirrel said:

Post your load order but I can almost guarantee that is where your problem is at.  

Spoiler

Fallout4.esm=1
DLCRobot.esm=1
DLCworkshop01.esm=1
DLCCoast.esm=1
DLCworkshop02.esm=1
DLCworkshop03.esm=1
DLCNukaWorld.esm=1
Unofficial Fallout 4 Patch.esp=1
ArmorKeywords.esm=1
FFO.esm=1
HUDFramework.esm=1
WorkshopFramework.esm=1
AAF.esm=1
Loads.esm=1
NewCalibers.esp=1
NAC.esm=1
Grim_Bowsette.esl=1
CookedPrewarFood.esl=1
ehtyeci_MPX.esl=1
FAR.esl=1
GCM_DLC_Automatron.esl=1
LMBTOverlays.esl=1
Flicker Fixer.esp=1
CROSS_MojaveManhunter.esp=1
CGOsoundsplugin.esp=1
K-Girl Shoes.esl=1
Lucid's Texture Upgrades.esl=1
Loads of Ammo - Leveled Lists.esp=1
Armorsmith Extended.esp=1
Weaponsmith Extended 2.esp=1
bugfix_maglocks_terminal_delay.esp=1
FyTy - No Godrays.esp=1
3dscopes-replacer.esp=1
3dscopes-replacer-smallInsWeap.esp=1
AA Better Companions - No Conflicts.esp=1
ASA.esp=1
Absolutely_Headwear.esp=1
Accurate Minigun.esp=1
Ambient Wasteland.esp=1
VIS-G Item Sorting.esp=1
AzarPonytailHairstyles.esp=1
BDO Hair.esp=1
BZW_Tactical_Assassin.esp=1
FFO.esp=1
BostonFPSFixAIO.esp=1
BrighterSettlementLights_LongAndSoft.esp=1
CBBE.esp=1
CCOFoxyFactionsCraftable.esp=1
CCOSaucySettlersCraftable.esp=1
CCOVulgarVillainsCraftable.esp=1
CREAtiveClutter.esp=1
CROSS_GoreCrits.esp=1
CROSS_GoreCrits_FarHarborPatch.esp=1
China Dress AE.esp=1
CigaretteInMouth.esp=1
Enhanced Flickering Firelight.esp=1
CombatZoneRestored.esp=1
DiverseChildren.esp=1
FaceMaxson.esp=1
Raider Children.esp=1
Orphans.esp=1
Fallout4_outfts.esp=1
Elegant Hardware.esp=1
Wasteland Water Revival - Clearly Visible.esp=1
Commonweath Vans.esp=1
CriticalHitsOutsideofVATS.esp=1
DD_Khassar_De_Templari_Increased_build.esp=1
rpampas.esp=1
FALLOUT4WT.esp=1
dD-Enhanced Blood.esp=1
Shino Clothes.esp=1
Snappy_HouseK.esp=1
Towel_Beds.esp=1
cVc Dead Wasteland.esp=1
HK416SO_FO4.esp=1
blueteam.esp=1
DV-Deadly Vertibirds.esp=1
DV-Vertibird Explosive Minigun.esp=1
Danse GTFO Power Armor.esp=1
DavesPoses.esp=1
DeadBodyCollision.esp=1
Dickys Pinup Outfit.esp=1
EPO.esp=1
ESK_NoTeleportingBoth.esp=1
F076 music for F04.esp=1
FO4Hotkeys.esp=1
bTankTop.esp=1
Freebooter.esp=1
GCM.esp=1
Ghouls Revamped.esp=1
3dscopes-framework.esp=1
Grim_MaryJane.esp=1
Gritty Subway Stations.esp=1
HOT MAMA SETTLERS.esp=1
K-Girl outfits.esp=1
KC-DC.esp=1
KSHairdos.esp=1
KSHairdos_oel.esp=1
KURO.esp=1
Lazmans_highheels_outfits.esp=1
Locksmith.esp=1
LooksMenu.esp=1
LMBTOverlays.esp=1
THBrows.esp=1
SkEyes.esp=1
The Eyes Of Beauty.esp=1
LooksMenu Customization Compendium.esp=1
MLU.esp=1
Pip-Boy CC Fix.esp=1
PlayerMarriage.esp=1
PlayerVoiceFrequencySlider.esp=1
PowerConduitRadiator.esp=1
Project Reality Footsteps FO4.esp=1
RAW INPUT.esp=1
Realistic_conversations.esp=1
RemoveLeveled.esp=1
SettlementMenuManager.esp=1
Shino_Artist's Attire_Outfit.esp=1
SuperLongAreaRespawn.esp=1
SurgeryBarberChair.esp=1
TERAPunk.esp=1
Third Person Revolver Audio Fix.esp=1
UltimateAssortment.esp=1
VIS-G Legendary Modifications.esp=1
W.A.T.Minutemen.esp=1
WD_10mm_Pistol.esp=1
WareHouseExt.esp=1
WorkshopPlus.esp=1
vneck.esp=1
Scrap Everything - Ultimate Edition.esp=1
AKMProject.esp=1
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp=1
FO4_AnimationsByLeito.esp=1
SavageCabbage_Animations.esp=1
AAF_RSE.esp=1
AAF_RSE_DLCPatch.esp=1
FP_FamilyPlanningEnhanced.esp=1
CumNWealth_mutant.esp=1
Stm_DiamondCityExpansion.esp=1
WD_Combat.esp=1
AORobcoReconScope.esp=1
Archimedes-II.esp=1
WheelMenu.esp=1
DOA baseball.esp=1
zgchairpack.esp=1
Grim ZeroTwo.esp=1
Rage_parasite_suit.esp=1
NewerMind43 Nano Suit.esp=1

All your CBBE stuff should be near the top by the esls.  That is one thing that shows up right off the bat.  Another thing I would suggest is go back over the grouping part of the tutorial.  You have a lot of clothing mods all over the place and with how the papyrus "works" (as in it is a hot mess) it can mess with things as well. 

After following the guide, I'm having an issue with combat surrender not working. I've tried the different options, but neither the manual or automatic surrenders seem to want to kick in. Even just running only the mods in the guide doesn't seem to solve this problem. The setup itself works if AAF-Violate (though I have to take RSE 3 out of the equation, otherwise I'd just stick with violate). But I just cannot get any of the triggers in CSA to work.