On 10/7/2018 at 1:13 AM, thesimpsonsguy said:

Finished trying everything out. Without the Workshop Framework mod, but with the recently updated Unofficial patch added. Activated Red Rocket bench first, then basement one, no link. Then tried activation in reverse and still no link. Wondered if the link may have been choosy in what deposited items would be shared, so added things like armor, clothes, weapons, health stuff and some scrap, but still a no go. Also tried restarting the game to see if it would work that way, no to that as well. All this was done on a fresh game with nothing altering settlements or work benches in any way (except the Unofficial patch). Just appearance mods, hair mod, a dogmeat mod, a Janebod clothing mod for my character's body. Ivy installed as well. Oh, mentioning Ivy, I've noticed her body folders have a note mentioning, "not sure if she uses these yet". Was wondering if those folders are usable now, and body files of our choosing can be inserted to give her a body different from the regular NPC's.

The weird thing is.. to link workbenches is to add 1 keyword and a target. It's not rocket science where a lot of things can go wrong..

I'm going to download another mod where it works and cheat by looking how they did it... sorry.

2 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

The weird thing is.. to link workbenches is to add 1 keyword and a target. It's not rocket science where a lot of things can go wrong..

I'm going to download another mod where it works and cheat by looking how they did it... sorry.

I tried all ways I could think of, sorry I couldn't have news that would've been helpful. 

4 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

You've actually been a lot of help, the more info I get the better it is. :)

One thing I did notice. Both benches had the exact same items in them when activated. Steel, leather, cement, wood and a few caps. Nothing more. Though the materials in the basement bench came up a few numbers short in those same items. It did make me wonder if they were trying to link, but the link was cut short before the numbers could match up exactly. Maybe it was just a coincidence they both had the exact same items and those items were so close in number, or I'm just reaching, I don't know.

9 minutes ago, thesimpsonsguy said:

One thing I did notice. Both benches had the exact same items in them when activated. Steel, leather, cement, wood and a few caps. Nothing more. Though the materials in the basement bench came up a few numbers short in those same items. It did make me wonder if they were trying to link, but the link was cut short before the numbers could match up exactly. Maybe it was just a coincidence they both had the exact same items and those items were so close in number, or I'm just reaching, I don't know.

My Red Rocket has been my main base for a LONG time, so may have thousands of items.

I saw no relationship between basement bench and the one up top.

Can those that have 'unlinked' workbenches post their mod load order?

At Nexus I have several confirmations that the workbenches are linked, for me they are also linked.. unless I use an existing game where RR was already activated.

I'm hoping to find the offending mod that's causing this so I can work around it.

Thanks guys. I have found one issue that might be a cause and am working on an updated release.

I had linked the workbench to a invisible chest, which was linked to the workbench in RR. I've now linked the workbench directly to the other workbench in RR.

In a clean save and existing saves it seems to be working well. I'll do a couple of more days of testing and will then release the update.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Huge necro as I've picked up minor development for this mod.

With my new skills:

- Fixed many 'cracks' in the geometry.

- Added working doors

- Added a special NPC + mini quest to this location

- Am incorporating it with Companion Ivy (it will be merged into it as add-on for Ivy, having Ivy as SOFT requirement)

Things that will be changed/added soon:

- Will have an optional NPC as worker/maid for inside the Basement, she can be sent 'up top' or be sent away for ever.

- NPC will have own vendor inventory and expanded system of commands. (e.g. clean the basement 'scrap all' / cook 'she will cook any stuff you place inside a container / dance or entertain 'e.g. tell a joke' / Assign to furniture 'e.g. this is your bed' )

- Will have a minor bit of lore, once incorporated into Ivy's mod.

- 'Cave' area in the back will be expanded to become a nice living room / lounge area.

- Indoor Swimming Pool

- Special 'Furnished' Edition.

Played around and implemented most features in the list. The private bath/swimming pool area is nearly finished. I just need to add water. It has caustics and water vapor effects. NPC's use the benches and in fact, like to go there. I'll likely not add undress scripts to it, that'll be up to players (undress your NPC and assign to the benches).

Doors work good (though can be finicky to reopen).

Here's a quick preview video of the current update (Work in Progress!)

ScreenShot736.jpg

Ok. The Swimming Pool was finished. Some 'shimmering' artefacts on the ceiling but I'll fix those. Works pretty well, except you can't 'sit' on the benches as the water activator 'takes precedence' so I'll look into that. There are plenty of idles in/around the pool. And apparently NPC's really like to come/sit there. They will sit in the pool itself (on the ground) around the pool (legs dangling in water as if the ledge is a chair) and on the stairs into the pool as well!

ScreenShot738.jpg.1c02cc539d27558eb8ed62234084e90a.jpg

ScreenShot739.jpg.606610b05814cf8a30ad93c14a741952.jpg

ScreenShot740.jpg.dd5d67486afd328c54fe565e2fc8e237.jpg

ScreenShot742.jpg.dfd9288de0606e5bef7de5f8834e0bf0.jpg

ScreenShot743.jpg.8b342cd34e7c86d15ceae45a9030d73a.jpg

ScreenShot744.jpg.8b2beda2e68cad4d5e20353373a6bf69.jpg

ScreenShot745.jpg.1cae18a904c7e2fc4db558b5b06a6791.jpg

Development Update

1 - Added miniquest for NX-1C Maid Introduction.

2 - Added terminal to control features of the basement:

2a - You can now play or mute several different types of background music.

2b - You can configure the basement into two layouts: Small or Large

3 - Added 6 Fuseboxes (1 in each major area)

4 -  Added menu structure to NX-1C Maid Bot

I will release this as Stand Alone mod within a couple of weeks (1-3 tops) both here and on Nexus.

From that moment on it will be transformed into an Add-On for the Companion Ivy mod.

This video shows the mini quest and the new basement configuration music music terminal in action:

Development Update

Mod is 99% finished and nearly ready for a release. I think it will be released next weekend.

NX-1C Maid Bot Finished!

- 400 lines of dialogue.. Cooks.. Cleans.. makes remarks about it.. Can be sent 'up top'..

- The Maid has over 24 different idle animations all over the basement, specific for her (other NPC's will generally not use these markers making her behavior unique in the basement).

- During working hours (7-19) she will use her own work markers to make her look active as maid. From 1900-7 she will relax and use relaxation furniture.

- The maid has her own little Shop, making her a vendor. She sales almost EVERYTHING.

- You can ask her for food and she will cook for you, ask her for a drink and she will give you a cold beverage (while her stock lasts, stock refills every 4 hours)

Music JukeBox Finished

Select a random track of three different random pools and it will loop. Stop music and reselect random pool for a different track to loop.

Basement Finished

The basement can now be fully configured to be small or large. Each room has a working '100 power' powerbox.

Most overlapping textures and small errors were finished.. some will never be..

When I first made this, I used a vanilla map as base then extended on it. But that map got rotated just a couple of (indeterminable) degrees, making it almost impossible to align anything in this map. I gave up on making the textures seamless a long time ago. The original creator also didn't use a grid (why god why??).. These days I would have made this map from scratch, aligned on a grid, with all textures matching flawlessly (easy when working on a 8x8 grid). Oh well.. I just cover up stuff now. I will just add some minor tweaks here and there and this latest version of Red Rocket is finished.

I spent 6 hours today in redecorating after losing my save, I'm not going to go through that again so I will not make any more major changes on this (nor Ivy for that matter). I want to keep this savegame..

Here is a video of the end result:

WARNING VIDEO CAN BE CONSIDERED SLIGHTLY NSWF!

• 2 weeks later...

Development Update

Finished! Removed the last bugs from the build and it's 99.9% ready!

Two new features were added:

- Added an option for the doors to auto-close (configurable through the Red Rocket Terminal). Fixed the NX-1C Maid Bot, just looking to get that voiced and it'll be ready for release!

- Added a new square space in the back-right-corner of the swimming pool (e.g. shower area).

2 More feature will be added to the swimming pool today:

- 1 Sauna

- 1 Steam Room

This video shows off nearly everything from the mod.

I finished the sauna. You'll have to place the red lighting yourself (e.g. you need to add lights in the entire basement).

The benches work and the main bench is a lying down animation that works for both players and NPC's.

I made it 'cozy' meaning that two NPC's or 1 NPC and the player can lie down on it, enjoying the sauna.

(edit) I think I'm going to add a metal grate to the floor, with burning stones below. I'm also going to add some steam pipes.

(edit 2) Finished! Added some greeblies, a grate with burning coal on the floor, some sparks and more steam.. :)

I might still want to add some kind of temporary perk when you sit down on the bench 'Feel the Heat', Restore 25HP, +1AG for a limited amount of time.

ScreenShot796.jpg.f9375f8b8a566922bc4d2d4c5c6c868c.jpg

ScreenShot798.jpg.47a7879aefbbb15a40304f5d15ac46ce.jpg

ScreenShot800.jpg.69a4bfd9fbcab8dfa1dc7e96db624aa7.jpg

ScreenShot801.jpg.56129d5a77e1137e9138df44b4372886.jpg

ScreenShot803.jpg.c8abb577a16727553aab115e95cc949b.jpg

ScreenShot805.jpg.1adeb6fe5c2257ac1372cedbfc6a395a.jpg

ScreenShot806.jpg.40e49e8ecc13affa970cd7469841cfa2.jpg

ScreenShot812.jpg.3dbb614aeca5c0a0bfb230bf2cf5df5e.jpg

ScreenShot813.jpg.c9b8d0758da8979bd9c417b58cca8ba5.jpg

ScreenShot814.jpg.31b3b2da1564ff58155d7d603bf4c593.jpg

I'm not sure if I did something wrong or I'm simply confused. I downloaded the mod and used NMM. There's really nothing in it. It's simply a plain basement with several rooms. No maid, pool, sauna, doors, and no terminal for making the changes you mentioned. Have those been added or is that in a later update? I have the mod near the top of my load order. Should I move it?

17 hours ago, Rampdog said:

I'm not sure if I did something wrong or I'm simply confused. I downloaded the mod and used NMM. There's really nothing in it. It's simply a plain basement with several rooms. No maid, pool, sauna, doors, and no terminal for making the changes you mentioned. Have those been added or is that in a later update? I have the mod near the top of my load order. Should I move it?

Forget it. I'm a dumbass. I should take the time to read everything before posting.