Red Rocket Basement

View File

Welcome to the Red Rocket Basement Player Home Update 2! (V1.0.3)

VERSION 1.3 IS NOT PHYSICALLY DIFFERENT FROM VERSION 1.2. IT JUST CHANGES THE VOICE.

During its checkered past, the basement below Red Rocket had always been a perfect place to handle the more... shady business of Power Armor repair and underground dealings. Favored by local criminals to tune stolen goods, the cave access in the back gave them means to move, and repair, both stolen cars and power armor unseen. Now collapsed, the back entrance to the cave cannot be entered, but its secret entrance on the hill right in front of the shop makes it an ideal place to stay, while your settlers work up top. Shielded from both radiation and the dangers from up top, it's as secure as a vault!

Features

RR Basement is a simple undecorated player home. It has a workshop and quite a few resources you can scrap before you decorate it. You can use all interior workshop elements. Power is supplied at two places, players need to add their own power nodes to expand power across the home. The workbench is (SHOULD BE) connected to the workshop up top. This means that if you create a settlement at Red Rocket truck stop, you could in theory live out your days in the basement, while your settlers gather resources, food and water. Settlers will NOT enter the basement so everything there is yours.

Thank YOU for direct or indirect support:

- @urbanoantigo (ptBR translation)

- Chic Geek

- @Fiona159 (Ru translation)

- @Nebuchadnezzer2 (for being supportive)

- @Flashy (JoeR) for helping out when needed and furthering my knowledge of the engine

- Anyone I might have forgot to mention and I'm sure I have...

New features include:

- A maid that can satisfy many needs and keeps the basement clean and fresh..

- A terminal to provide you with configuration options (such as music, doors etc..)

- A bath pool

- A sauna.

- 3 New rooms to explore and decorate.

Portugal/BR translation available!

Download the Red Rocket Basement_v1.0.2_ptBR.7z file and overwrite it's contents, after installing the original file!

Russian translation available!

Download the RedRocketBasement1.0.2_ru.7z file and overwrite it's contents, after installing the original file!

How to Enter

For game balance the home is not available right away in a fresh game. You'll need a lock pick skill of Expert to be able to lock pick the entrance!

If you can't wait, you can always cheat:

Step up to the basement entrance, open the console, click on the entrance, type 'unlock'... you can now enter the basement

Known issues

NPC's and companions should have no difficulty navigating through the player home, unless you fill it up completely with furniture and book cases. All nav meshing was done by hand to ensure smooth navigation and I've play tested this player home thoroughly after making it over 6 months ago. I've been tweaking and adding rooms slowly since then and I found that this size was the best size for me so I can live in comfort, while raiding the wasteland...

At some places the wall meshes don't really align well, this can cause some overlapping/flickering lines here and there. This will be tweaked in the future as I find them, or if they really bother me.

Installation instructions

Drag the 7zip file into your mod manager and activate it... OR:

Unzip it manually into your Fallout 4 directory.

WARNING 1.0.1 IS NOT YET AVAILABLE ON NEXUS.

Older version available from Nexus Mods:

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/35056/

WATCH THE VIDEO TO GET AN IDEA OF THE LATEST FEATURES

Australian Maid Voce.

See the download topic for more screenshots AND a layout of the place!

Warning: All screenshots reflect ONE way that you can decorate this home. It's very reactive to the light you use, so you can do with this whatever you desire.. make it a cozy fire lit place.. make it a bright workshop.. or a dark underground sex basement.. it's up to you!

ScreenShot362.png.de2563d547abe9176ed149b608bdebd5.png

25 minutes ago, thesimpsonsguy said:

Hello. Thank you for this great looking player home. Just downloaded it and about to give it a try. Was wondering if the basement can be activated before or after activating the workbench of Red Rocket. Also, was wondering if Ivy does, or will have any dialogue lines for this as she does for Homeplate. Thank you again ?

The workbench from RR basement is available immediately. Currently, Ivy doesn't have any specific dialogue for it.

1 hour ago, Reginald_001 said:

The workbench from RR basement is available immediately. Currently, Ivy doesn't have any specific dialogue for it.

Thanks for the response. Was just wondering about it since she makes the comment in her mod about her, the player and DogMeat settling down there and making it home instead of settling up a beacon and having settlers living there. Haven't had the chance to get into the game to try it yet, but i'm sure I'll love it as much as I'm still loving running around with Ivy. Thank you for all the great work you're doing.

22 minutes ago, athoscaru said:

I also want to thank you for all the hard work you put into your creations 

One this that I am having trouble with is getting Ivy down the stairs once we enter the player home

She shouldn't have any trouble navigating it..  ?

Arm your weapon and crouch for a bit, that usually urges her to follow you closely.

If worst comes to worst, teleport her with the NX-2C controller holotape. :)

32 minutes ago, athoscaru said:

I also want to thank you for all the hard work you put into your creations 

One this that I am having trouble with is getting Ivy down the stairs once we enter the player home

Would you happen to be in workshop mode when this happens ? I've noticed she won't come down the stairs at all and instead go back topside if I'm in bench mode. But she always comes back into the home and stays in there once I've exited it.

34 minutes ago, thesimpsonsguy said:

Would you happen to be in workshop mode when this happens ? I've noticed she won't come down the stairs at all and instead go back topside if I'm in bench mode. But she always comes back into the home and stays in there once I've exited it.

Yes, all companions return to loiter closely around the workshop, at any settlement.

Could anyone share some tips on getting the electricity wired up? I can't get the fuse boxes to provide any power, and I don't think I should need a generator.

I have placed lights and pylons. Nothing. Even have trouble attaching wires to the placed fuse boxes. Note: I am not able to build fuse boxes. Is that a mod?

Maybe related: None of the crafting benches show any shared storage. If I store them, then place them again, they show storage shared with the basement workbench.

Nothing is shared with the topside bench.

6 hours ago, fred200 said:

Could anyone share some tips on getting the electricity wired up? I can't get the fuse boxes to provide any power, and I don't think I should need a generator.

I have placed lights and pylons. Nothing. Even have trouble attaching wires to the placed fuse boxes. Note: I am not able to build fuse boxes. Is that a mod?

Maybe related: None of the crafting benches show any shared storage. If I store them, then place them again, they show storage shared with the basement workbench.

Nothing is shared with the topside bench.

Just select the power fuse box one time, then 're'-place it to the wall. It sometimes snaps 'inside' the wall for people, making it hard to connect a wire.

For the shared storage, I've seen this happen to fail on existing save games, sometimes.

I'm still debugging that, as there should be no reason for this not to work.

Just popping in to say thanks, @Reginald_001. With the exception of having to RE-place the fuse box on the wall (the one closest to the workshop bench), all works great. Now, I need to find some weapon racks that aren't fugly as all get out and suss out how to get a CRX cross down there for Miss Ivy to "hang" out on while I work. :P

I did remove the Institute ambience in my own personal edit. I wonder if we could chop up WIVS tracks as a replacer for the ambient sounds in the basement. Just an idea.

34 minutes ago, DominusKaine said:

Just popping in to say thanks, @Reginald_001. With the exception of having to RE-place the fuse box on the wall (the one closest to the workshop bench), all works great. Now, I need to find some weapon racks that aren't fugly as all get out and suss out how to get a CRX cross down there for Miss Ivy to "hang" out on while I work. :P

I did remove the Institute ambience in my own personal edit. I wonder if we could chop up WIVS tracks as a replacer for the ambient sounds in the basement. Just an idea.

It makes Ivy feel at home. :)

13 hours ago, fred200 said:

Selecting fuse box and placing it fixed it. Let there be light! Did it to both fuse boxes.

You mention a linked chest? Did I delete something I shouldn't have? Or where is that chest?

No worries, that's the 'internal 'workbench chest. It's not playable and you can't see it. :)

Hello. Just wondering if there are any tips for getting the two workbenches linked. Started a fresh game yesterday with the mod installed and still couldn't get the linked thing to happen. Figured it was a fluke, so started another game earlier today with the mod still installed and activated from the start and the benches still aren't linking. It's not a big deal and everything else is working perfectly.  The scrap-able items already there, along with what I brought with me are more than enough to furnish the rooms and I'm still having a great time with your basement home.

17 hours ago, athoscaru said:

Ivy said that we can submit our version of red rocket to you and that you will showcase the one you think is the best 

but how can we sent you the pics or video so it will not full up this site

maybe upload it somewhere and send you a like (not sure where to)

You can add a screenshot as attachment to a post. :)

17 hours ago, thesimpsonsguy said:

Hello. Just wondering if there are any tips for getting the two workbenches linked. Started a fresh game yesterday with the mod installed and still couldn't get the linked thing to happen. Figured it was a fluke, so started another game earlier today with the mod still installed and activated from the start and the benches still aren't linking. It's not a big deal and everything else is working perfectly.  The scrap-able items already there, along with what I brought with me are more than enough to furnish the rooms and I'm still having a great time with your basement home.

All the setup seems to be OK so I don't know (yet) why it's not working under some circumstances.

I'll get back on this as soon as I know more. :)

8 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

All the setup seems to be OK so I don't know (yet) why it's not working under some circumstances.

I'll get back on this as soon as I know more. :)

It's no problem at all. Even if they did link, it'd be a pain anyway. Your mod reminded me why I never activate Red Rocket's workbench in my games anymore, as I ended up with the same issue of a never ending loop of both food and water tanking in every single settlement as soon as Red Rocket's bench is activated. Have to go waaaayyyy back to an earlier save and just activate the basement workshop and leave Red Rocket's alone. Not your mod's fault, it's been that way through many reinstalls of the game and fresh game restarts.

Edit: Possibly found the issue with the non-linking thing and the food and water issue in this play through. Just checked for updates for mods I use and there is an update for one mod in particular, the WorkShop Framework. Some of the updates include fixes for food and water in settlements ( so possibly it's not a Red Rocket issue this time for me. Hopefully.) and one that might be affecting other users of this mod with linking issues, if they happen to use the Framework mod, fixing various issues with interior workshops in player homes. Going to update that mod and see if that may have been why they're not linking.

On 10/5/2018 at 2:21 AM, thesimpsonsguy said:

It's no problem at all. Even if they did link, it'd be a pain anyway. Your mod reminded me why I never activate Red Rocket's workbench in my games anymore, as I ended up with the same issue of a never ending loop of both food and water tanking in every single settlement as soon as Red Rocket's bench is activated. Have to go waaaayyyy back to an earlier save and just activate the basement workshop and leave Red Rocket's alone. Not your mod's fault, it's been that way through many reinstalls of the game and fresh game restarts.

Edit: Possibly found the issue with the non-linking thing and the food and water issue in this play through. Just checked for updates for mods I use and there is an update for one mod in particular, the WorkShop Framework. Some of the updates include fixes for food and water in settlements ( so possibly it's not a Red Rocket issue this time for me. Hopefully.) and one that might be affecting other users of this mod with linking issues, if they happen to use the Framework mod, fixing various issues with interior workshops in player homes. Going to update that mod and see if that may have been why they're not linking.

And? Any updates on that? I'm pretty curious to find out what's causing the issue. :)

13 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

And? Any updates on that? I'm pretty curious to find out what's causing the issue. :)

Sorry, I've been Testing a few things and ended up having to start the game over. The food and water issue I found to be from the workshop Framework and The Unofficial patch both having the same settlement bug. Both mods updated. The workbench issue persisted, so needed to start a new game in case the issue was baked into all saves and couldn't be reversed by the updates. Should be reaching Red Rocket in a little bit, will update this post when I've tried the basement and Red Rocket benches. Sorry again for the wait.

1 hour ago, thesimpsonsguy said:

Sorry, I've been Testing a few things and ended up having to start the game over. The food and water issue I found to be from the workshop Framework and The Unofficial patch both having the same settlement bug. Both mods updated. The workbench issue persisted, so needed to start a new game in case the issue was baked into all saves and couldn't be reversed by the updates. Should be reaching Red Rocket in a little bit, will update this post when I've tried the basement and Red Rocket benches. Sorry again for the wait.

No problem at all. Take your time, and thanks for the help! :)

4 hours ago, Reginald_001 said:

No problem at all. Take your time, and thanks for the help! :)

Finished trying everything out. Without the Workshop Framework mod, but with the recently updated Unofficial patch added. Activated Red Rocket bench first, then basement one, no link. Then tried activation in reverse and still no link. Wondered if the link may have been choosy in what deposited items would be shared, so added things like armor, clothes, weapons, health stuff and some scrap, but still a no go. Also tried restarting the game to see if it would work that way, no to that as well. All this was done on a fresh game with nothing altering settlements or work benches in any way (except the Unofficial patch). Just appearance mods, hair mod, a dogmeat mod, a Janebod clothing mod for my character's body. Ivy installed as well. Oh, mentioning Ivy, I've noticed her body folders have a note mentioning, "not sure if she uses these yet". Was wondering if those folders are usable now, and body files of our choosing can be inserted to give her a body different from the regular NPC's.