View File

GENDER BENDER SE (2018.09.23)
Gender Bender is an integration between SexLab and Schlongs of Skyrim.  It is a lightweight framework that automatically changes the SexLab gender of NPCs to match their schlong addon.  It can also change a character's schlong/gender, and then revert those changes. ONLY FEMALE CHARACTERS AND NPCS ARE CURRENTLY SUPPORTED!

FEATURES

• Tracks gender and schlong status (including size) for the player and NPCs. These can be edited in the MCM.
  • NPC SexLab gender is set according to equipped schlong: Schlongifier and Pubic Hair schlong addons are considered female; any other schlong addon is male.
  • If you have SexLab Aroused, actors can gain arousal when a change happens.
  • Chance for a surprise schlong on sleeping - chances for gaining or losing a schlong can be set separately.
  • For Modders - A developer's guide is included as a separate download.

REQUIREMENTS

ADDITIONAL INFO

Skyrim version

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    09/23/2018
  • Category
  • Requires
    SexLab 1.63+, Schlongs of Skyrim SE, at least 1 female SOS addon
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

View File

4 hours ago, srayesmanll said:

Nice.  Thanks for the SE version.  Quick question - will you be converting the Bound Cock mod as well?

EDIT: Now available!

1 hour ago, antiform09 said:

GenderBender is not appearing on MCM. Is the updated sexlab framework (that uses skse 2.0.8) necessary?

No, it should work with any SexLab SE version.  It's hard to say why the MCM wouldn't show up.  I suppose you could try the Oldrim method of idling for 5 minutes or so and seeing if the system eventually picks it up.

2 hours ago, antiform09 said:

GenderBender is not appearing on MCM. Is the updated sexlab framework (that uses skse 2.0.8) necessary?

I've noticed that with MCM SE is much slower in recognizing new mods with MCM than with Oldrim.  In Oldrim, the mods (for me) took anywhere from 5-10 seconds (although I usually had to enter and leave the MCM, then they would appear later).  In one of my runthroughs for SE, I added a mod (Predator Vision, I believe) and it's MCM never appeared  for that character (although for any new character it appeared fine).

2 hours ago, Havik79 said:

So is the ghost horse cock, and bad dog hoodies the only futa options for SSE, everything else I see seems to be oldrim.

Special Edition is mostly backward-compatible except for 2 things:

1. Models sometimes need to be converted with NIF Optimizer.
  2. Mods must be in loose files, SE doesn't support BSA archives.  I do all my Oldrim mods in BSAs for easy installs/uninstalls (that way there are only ever 2 files to work with), so this is the main reason all my stuff needs SE conversions.

You should be able to use any Oldrim SOS addon that is in loose files format (as pretty much all of them are), but there is a risk of your game crashing if SE doesn't like the schlong model.  I haven't tried every Oldrim addon with SE, but I suspect nobody's done conversions on them yet because they're not needed - they work with SE as is.

3 hours ago, Holzfrau said:
  1. Mods must be in loose files, SE doesn't support BSA archives.  I do all my Oldrim mods in BSAs for easy installs/uninstalls (that way there are only ever 2 files to work with), so this is the main reason all my stuff needs SE conversions.

This isn't entirely true; SE doesn't support Oldrim BSAs (but it is possible to unpack them and use them as loose files, in most cases), but if repacked into an SE BSA, it is quite happy with them. There's no easy one-click conversion from Old->New BSA that I'm aware of, though, which makes conversion time consuming (I haven't been involved in a huge amount of modding, so it's something I just suck up).

21 minutes ago, Scautura said:

This isn't entirely true; SE doesn't support Oldrim BSAs (but it is possible to unpack them and use them as loose files, in most cases), but if repacked into an SE BSA, it is quite happy with them. There's no easy one-click conversion from Old->New BSA that I'm aware of, though, which makes conversion time consuming (I haven't been involved in a huge amount of modding, so it's something I just suck up).

Good to know, thanks.  Guess the guide I used to convert was outdated or mistaken or something.

Nice avatar, by the way.  Been chasing cats this month?

• 4 weeks later...

While looking through the source I noticed that there is an issue with the Schlong size initialization code (slgb_framework.psc in ProcessActor(), lines 177 and 181):

1 + 19 * (Utility.RandomFloat() * Utility.RandomFloat()) as int          // (1) current code snippet
1 + (19 * Utility.RandomFloat() * Utility.RandomFloat()) as int          // (2) fixed
1 + (19 * (Utility.RandomFloat() + Utility.RandomFloat()) / 2.0) as int  // (3) fixed + high probability for medium values

The as operator has a higher precedence than the * operator so it will always result in a Schlong size of 1 (the random value is truncated by casting it to int). It should be like (2). Multiplying two values between 0 and 1 leads to a distribution that has a high probability for very low values. If that is what you intended then all is good ;). I would probably have expected a distribution with the highest probability for medium values like in (3).

I hope you don't mind me pointing that out, I was just looking through the code to see how the mod would behave in different situations without asking 101 questions.

49 minutes ago, user_no_3453 said:

While looking through the source I noticed that there is an issue with the Schlong size initialization code (slgb_framework.psc in ProcessActor(), lines 177 and 181):

1 + 19 * (Utility.RandomFloat() * Utility.RandomFloat()) as int          // (1) current code snippet
1 + (19 * Utility.RandomFloat() * Utility.RandomFloat()) as int          // (2) fixed
1 + (19 * (Utility.RandomFloat() + Utility.RandomFloat()) / 2.0) as int  // (3) fixed + high probability for medium values

The as operator has a higher precedence than the * operator so it will always result in a Schlong size of 1 (the random value is truncated by casting it to int). It should be like (2). Multiplying two values between 0 and 1 leads to a distribution that has a high probability for very low values. If that is what you intended then all is good ;). I would probably have expected a distribution with the highest probability for medium values like in (3).

I hope you don't mind me pointing that out, I was just looking through the code to see how the mod would behave in different situations without asking 101 questions.

Hm, that's interesting.  The code appeared to work as intended when I first wrote it, but I'm not sure those lines get hit much with the changes that have happened since.  I've added the parentheses like in (2) just to be on the safe side for future releases.  I don't mind the code review at all, I left the source in the release so people could look at it if they want.

As for the calculation itself, multiplying the random values was the intended behavior.  I wanted to weight the resulting sizes so values above 10 are rare - 10 is the 'natural' maximum for SOS, but it supports sizes up to 20.

Something is not working as intended (for me that is): 

so, do I get it right, a female equipped with anything but Schlongifier or Pubic Hair (as mentioned above) is considered male?

It's recognizing ERF High Poly but my toon is still doing her female part despite SexLab listing her as male. I've changed everything I could find to male but to no avail.

All I can think of is a possible conflict with Flower Girls which has its own setting for swapping genders.

22 minutes ago, Jolie Rouge said:

Something is not working as intended (for me that is): 

so, do I get it right, a female equipped with anything but Schlongifier or Pubic Hair (as mentioned above) is considered male?

Correct.  Gender Bender sets characters' SexLab gender according to which schlong addon they are using.

It's recognizing ERF High Poly but my toon is still doing her female part despite SexLab listing her as male. I've changed everything I could find to male but to no avail.

All I can think of is a possible conflict with Flower Girls which has its own setting for swapping genders.

It sounds like everything is okay with Gender Bender, so here are a couple things you could look into:

1. How is sex being initiated?  The person in the first slot will be in the receiving position no matter which gender they are.  I don't believe SexLab sorts participants by default, so that's a possible culprit if one of your mods doesn't order actors properly (or use SexLab's sorting function) when it starts sex.
  2. Try turning on Debug/Development Mode in SexLab (last page of the MCM) if it's not on already.  SexLab should display which animation it will be playing, and if something overrides the animation, SexLab will display a second notification for the new animation (this behavior can be seen when Devious Devices forces bound animations).
14 minutes ago, Holzfrau said:

Correct.  Gender Bender sets characters' SexLab gender according to which schlong addon they are using.

It sounds like everything is okay with Gender Bender, so here are a couple things you could look into:

1. How is sex being initiated?  The person in the first slot will be in the receiving position no matter which gender they are.  I don't believe SexLab sorts participants by default, so that's a possible culprit if one of your mods doesn't order actors properly (or use SexLab's sorting function) when it starts sex.
  2. Try turning on Debug/Development Mode in SexLab (last page of the MCM) if it's not on already.  SexLab should display which animation it will be playing, and if something overrides the animation, SexLab will display a second notification for the new animation (this behavior can be seen when Devious Devices forces bound animations).

ad 1.: usually hitting N to select the target and the DebugSpell which leads to ad 2.: Debug/DevMode is enabled and if you are referring to the top left "playing xyzwhateveranimation" there are no additional notifications.

My mods are limited to

SexLab

SOS

SLAroused

SLAttraction

SLCumShot

and as an extra I've Flower Girls just for the fun of it and Sisterhood of Dibella.

With that short a list I wonder what's going on.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, hanshanshans said:

Thanks for the mod, exactly what I always needed. But, I can not select the female pubic hairs for my character. What might be the cause? They work in SoS.

If you've just installed the pubic hair addons, try saving and reloading your game.  Gender Bender is usually speedier at its startup tasks than SOS, so it frequently finishes checking SOS's system for addons before new ones are properly registered.

1 hour ago, hanshanshans said:

And a small request: Would it be possible to not limit it to 1 fixed schlong on transformation, but have it select randomly from a list?

It's possible, and I've considered doing it before.  I think in order to do it properly, there would need to be separate selection lists for each race.  That would end up being a fairly complicated system for relatively small benefit - and nobody had asked for it at the time.  I suppose I could revisit the idea.

24 minutes ago, Holzfrau said:

If you've just installed the pubic hair addons, try saving and reloading your game.  Gender Bender is usually speedier at its startup tasks than SOS, so it frequently finishes checking SOS's system for addons before new ones are properly registered.

Yes, that was the problem. Was just testing mods on the same save file before applying it to my main save. Thanks.

24 minutes ago, Holzfrau said:

It's possible, and I've considered doing it before.  I think in order to do it properly, there would need to be separate selection lists for each race.  That would end up being a fairly complicated system for relatively small benefit - and nobody had asked for it at the time.  I suppose I could revisit the idea.

I don't think it needs to be as complex as the SoS menu itself. For me personally, it would be enough if I could set one human schlong with a high chance, and the horse schlong with a low chance for my player character. Being able to select it manually for specific NPCs (followers, spouse, non-follower slaves) would be a nice bonus. For random female NPCs who I don't intend to keep around, SoS itself works perfecly to randomize their equipment.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

FG as in Flower Girls, correct?  Flower Girls has its own animation system that's independent of SexLab, and Gender Bender only sets gender in SexLab.  Flower Girls should have a setting that allows females to take the male position in F/F encounters (looks like it's from a configuration/options spell, based on my quick look through the mod's scripts).