Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

1 hour ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I don't know how I can detect if the player is going in the right direction yet. But that sounds fun.

1 hour ago, HexBolt8 said:

This mod does something like that, sending you to get an item at a random location and periodically displaying "hotter" and "colder" messages depending on the direction you take.  You might look at the source code to see how it was done. 

IIRC it stores the door to the cell it is in (for find it) or the other girl that carries it (for catch her and take it), then it checks your distance away and stores that number, it checks that distance against your current distance updates the number and notifies/punishes/rewards you appropriately. If you are in an interior cell it doesn't check distance but tells you if it is the correct cell or not.

Aside:

I spent a lot of time changing the base operations of THW for my own use to make it more devious (once you get the item the plugs basically won't stop vibrating until you reach the hand in point, though they will never let you orgasm, after handing in the item the plugs will run at full strength for a few real minutes not stopping until you either get them out or that time passes, it did do both of these things but not as frequently for returning, or as long for your reward, in addition I made it not stop drugging you during the return trip if you're using SkoomaWhore, and it wont dose you with pheromones until you get the bag of keys, what is the point in attracting things to rape you if you are in full chastity gear). I don't think I've actually managed to be sent on a run to test my changes though. I haven't shared these changes at all, or as I said tested them.

7 hours ago, thedarkone1234 said:

There is such a quest in a way, in DCL there is the rubber collar which grows a catsuit, then boots then gloves then mask (MCM toggle if it covers the eyes or not) and eventually an armbinder. It grows via arousal checks which happen on a timer (game timer, so if you didn't disable fast travel and you travel, you speed up your own demise :P), and if it fails several checks in a row it will remove an item instead, unless you are totally bound already, in which case you have to find someone to alter the spell so the items can be removed via having tons of sex.

But even though this thing exists, there is still untapped potential in the story of a collar which spawns more bondage and requires some tough procedure to get rid off. Would never say no to more quests of this type :)

Yeah I know about the rubber doll quest and I've played it numerous times, its just with that its mostly about alot of sex to remove the pieces, for this I was thinking just a more bondage focused quest

13 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

This mod does something like that, sending you to get an item at a random location and periodically displaying "hotter" and "colder" messages depending on the direction you take.  You might look at the source code to see how it was done. 

I'll take a look at it. Stealing code is my specialty. :P

12 hours ago, LimitBreak said:

It is but I kinda love it and it still works in the world as the darkone put it

As I'm feeling kinda silly and perhaps a bit childish myself right now, this gave me an ideal for some background conversation for one of the times you're in the cage. Something roughly like:

Katarina: You know you really should learn a bit of self delfense

Laura: We tried. It doesn't really suit me and I have you don't I?

Katarina: I tried and it would put me at ease if you at least knew enough to keep the enemy at bay while I fight.

Laura: Hey I can hold them off. Remember the time in the crypt?

Katarina:...

Katarina: Yelling at your opponent that they have to 'roll initiative' does not count.

So a roleplaying reference in a shop that sells stuff for roleplaying in a roleplaying game? Nice.

Hi @Laura 'Lokomootje'

I seem to have having an issue with the quest in the cave to read the ledger.

My character has been put into a straight jacket and everytime I try to sneak into the storage room I get caught. 

Am I missing something or is there a scene that is supposed to move the guard away so I can sneak in that isn't playing?

I've been in the cave for around 72 Skyrim hours but can't progress.

thanks
2 minutes ago, special said:

Hi @Laura 'Lokomootje'

I seem to have having an issue with the quest in the cave to read the ledger.

Reveal hidden contents

My character has been put into a straight jacket and everytime I try to sneak into the storage room I get caught. 

Am I missing something or is there a scene that is supposed to move the guard away so I can sneak in that isn't playing?

I've been in the cave for around 72 Skyrim hours but can't progress.

thanks

Spoiler

Sneaking doesn't work, you need to find another way. Try talking to people.

15 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Reveal hidden contents

Sneaking doesn't work, you need to find another way. Try talking to people.

Yeh I did that too, i've been around every npc I can find that I can get to (other than Katrina who is in a locked room) all NPC's offer no interactive dialog only greet phrases like "Hello, 35" etc.

I took the key from the 'good' guard but even he only says "they most have paid a fortune for you" or words to the effect

Just now, special said:

Hide contents

Yeh I did that too, i've been around every npc I can find that I can get to (other than Katrina who is in a locked room) all NPC's offer no interactive dialog only greet phrases like "Hello, 35" etc.

I took the key from the 'good' guard but even he only says "they most have paid a fortune for you" or words to the effect

Spoiler

What is your quest objective and what does 27 say?

Hello! Laura, I have this problem: when I take the quest What she deserves, after talking with the Innkeeper in the Laughing Rat, I don’t have a pointer to Xayla and when she comes to her she asks “What?” and that’s all ... Also in the quest with the curse after you reach Laura, she says that everything is under control and that’s all. Kvet does not move further. Version 1.03 RUS, but tried to install the version without translation. The result is the same. How to treat?

1 hour ago, special said:

Fixed it.  I restarted from a previous save and now I can dialogue from an NPC that just auto greeted before.

:)

1 hour ago, sunoffire said:

Hello! Laura, I have this problem: when I take the quest What she deserves, after talking with the Innkeeper in the Laughing Rat, I don’t have a pointer to Xayla and when she comes to her she asks “What?” and that’s all ... Also in the quest with the curse after you reach Laura, she says that everything is under control and that’s all. Kvet does not move further. Version 1.03 RUS, but tried to install the version without translation. The result is the same. How to treat?

Make sure you're using the right version. If you play Skyrim SE, use the SE version of the mod.

Please share a papyrus log from when it happened and I'll take a look at it.

1 hour ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

:)

Make sure you're using the right version. If you play Skyrim SE, use the SE version of the mod.

Please share a papyrus log from when it happened and I'll take a look at it.

I play Skyrim LE. Here's the log for the What She quest ... The same thing. I speak with the innkeeper, he sends to the Blue Palace. Next, Xayah sits and asks "What?"

Papyrus.0.log

2 hours ago, special said:

@Laura 'Lokomootje'

Looking forward to future versions and quests you come up with, would love to continue the:

Hide contents

Perfect Girl quest and finally see Katarina in that straitjacket they talk about!

Great work, so nice to see great mods still being produced and updated for this ageing, but still amazing, game! ?

Thank you. :blush:

I'm surprised how populair the mods still are. When I uploaded v1, DD hasn't been updated for a while, DCL was silent and Vel also wasn't working on CDS anymore. So I never expected much from my mod, but it went much better than expected and people have been really kind. :)

Spoiler

I have bad news about the straitjacket though. I can't put NPCs in straitjackets because their hands don't disappear. You can always see floating hands behind their back while they're wearing it. But I'll just use a different restraint for that.

I wanted to use straitjackets in Blending In, but I had to change it because you could see the hands of all of them and that looked really dumb. So I changed it so only the player would wear it and gave the rest chains.

1 hour ago, sunoffire said:

I play Skyrim LE. Here's the log for the What She quest ... The same thing. I speak with the innkeeper, he sends to the Blue Palace. Next, Xayah sits and asks "What?"

Papyrus.0.log 137.13 kB · 1 download

I see a bunch of errors, but they're from mods I don't know so I'm not sure if they're bad. There are no errors from my mod though.

Are all mods mine uses up-to-date?

Do you also have problems with other mods?

How old is that save?

Have you tried it with a new game?

18 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:
Spoiler

So I changed it so only the player would wear it and gave the rest chains.

Well, frankly speaking, I'd prefer the chains instead of the leather. They fit much better into the scenario. ?  But that could be called "taste".

43 minutes ago, worik said:

Well, frankly speaking, I'd prefer the chains instead of the leather. They fit much better into the scenario. ?  But that could be called "taste".

I was still deciding between the two. I like straitjackets much more than the chains. I prefer leather restraints and that's the best one for long wear, but the chains fit much better.

But I didn't have to make a choice in the end because of the floating hands. :P

2 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I was still deciding between the two. I like straitjackets much more than the chains. I prefer leather restraints and that's the best one for long wear, but the chains fit much better.

But I didn't have to make a choice in the end because of the floating hands. :P

I thought of something that might be able to fix the visible hands for npc issue, but I haven't tried it yet. A pair of gloves that have no mesh, or have a mesh with invisible textures, it should replace the normal hand mesh with it's own lack of a visible mesh I think.

12 hours ago, Tenri said:

I thought of something that might be able to fix the visible hands for npc issue, but I haven't tried it yet. A pair of gloves that have no mesh, or have a mesh with invisible textures, it should replace the normal hand mesh with it's own lack of a visible mesh I think.

That sounds like it could work. I don't want to spend time fixing something from DD though. An update already takes long enough to make and they'll probably fix in themselves. Maybe you can post it in the DD thread.

On 1/6/2020 at 2:11 PM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

It think it's kinda weird how popular rape and abuse is on this site. I'm probably too much of a softy, but a lot of mods here are just too much for me.

Totally agree with that, it was a great day when I found your mod, and now it would always be in my Skyrim modpacks. I really like it's friendliness to protagonist as I do prefer consensual BDSM (and thus I disable anything of rape in other mods I have installed)

And of course you really did a great work on making your mod really stable (it didn't have any issues even on my unstable Skyrim setup (yeah, I'm too lazy to start a new game after I find any mod I want to install >_<) on 200+ hours save)

So thank you very much for your great mod, and have a good luck on it's further development! ^_^

2 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

It think it's kinda weird how popular rape and abuse is on this site. I'm probably too much of a softy, but a lot of mods here are just too much for me.

@Laura 'Lokomootje'

Completely agree, I think you've found a good balance in your mod.  I kinda get the rape thing to a point, if you put yourself into medieval era of history, plundering / looting armies would rape women etc but I don't feel it is always necessary to portray it in all mods, it has a place to a point or for some people who are into that kinda thing but it's not for me (I'm not judging anyone's taste in mods by the way, each to their own).

RE: Straitjacket on NPCs

Yeh I forgot about that glitch, an armbinder will work in the Katarina scenario as well, I also remember she said she didn't want a gag and/or plugs, would be good if you could sway her with that too but looking forward to see where you take that quest in future.

I think the thing I love about all these mods the best is the quests, for example... I loved the DCL Captured Princess starting quest and was really hoping Kimy would have a followup later in the game where someone would recognise the Player as the princess and try to re-capture her etc but no such luck yet, I did message Kimy about it but obviously it's her time and choice what she wants to add to DCL.

On that note, I saw someone request something similar for a followup to catching Jade later on, would also love to see that in your mod one day.

I had many Devious quests I started writing for this game a few years ago but time ran away from me, I never got the chance to finish any of my mods and they ended up getting so far behind as the dependency mods got updated so quickly at the time I couldn't keep up with the little time I had to dedicate to the game.

5 hours ago, Xenoramos said:

Totally agree with that, it was a great day when I found your mod, and now it would always be in my Skyrim modpacks. I really like it's friendliness to protagonist as I do prefer consensual BDSM (and thus I disable anything of rape in other mods I have installed)

And of course you really did a great work on making your mod really stable (it didn't have any issues even on my unstable Skyrim setup (yeah, I'm too lazy to start a new game after I find any mod I want to install >_<) on 200+ hours save)

So thank you very much for your great mod, and have a good luck on it's further development! ^_^

That means a lot. Thank you. :blush:

3 hours ago, special said:

@Laura 'Lokomootje'

Completely agree, I think you've found a good balance in your mod.  I kinda get the rape thing to a point, if you put yourself into medieval era of history, plundering / looting armies would rape women etc but I don't feel it is always necessary to portray it in all mods, it has a place to a point or for some people who are into that kinda thing but it's not for me (I'm not judging anyone's taste in mods by the way, each to their own).

I tried some rape mods a while ago, but the idea that I could get raped actually scared me a bit so I uninstalled them.

It's obviously not really rape. It doesn't happen by itself because you have to install it, but it's not for me.

RE: Straitjacket on NPCs

Hide contents

Yeh I forgot about that glitch, an armbinder will work in the Katarina scenario as well, I also remember she said she didn't want a gag and/or plugs, would be good if you could sway her with that too but looking forward to see where you take that quest in future.

Yeah, I can always use other restraints for NPCs.

I think the thing I love about all these mods the best is the quests, for example... I loved the DCL Captured Princess starting quest and was really hoping Kimy would have a followup later in the game where someone would recognise the Player as the princess and try to re-capture her etc but no such luck yet, I did message Kimy about it but obviously it's her time and choice what she wants to add to DCL.

On that note, I saw someone request something similar for a followup to catching Jade later on, would also love to see that in your mod one day.

There is a followup planned for that. Most of the story is already written down, but it takes a really long time to make stuff. I knew it took a long time before I started modding, but holy shit it is so much more than I thought it was.

I had many Devious quests I started writing for this game a few years ago but time ran away from me, I never got the chance to finish any of my mods and they ended up getting so far behind as the dependency mods got updated so quickly at the time I couldn't keep up with the little time I had to dedicate to the game.

That's a shame. I would love to hear what you had planned. :)

2 hours ago, DevilFIN said:

I just wanted to say that I love this mod! What she deserves and quests that continued from there were amazingly done and I can't wait for more. Well done!

Thank you so much. :blush:

10 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

That sounds like it could work. I don't want to spend time fixing something from DD though. An update already takes long enough to make and they'll probably fix in themselves. Maybe you can post it in the DD thread.

Maybe, but that solution would require equipping an additional item when equipping a straitjacket. Not impossible, but not always doable. A second solution that I just tested and is working: add hands to the equipment slots for the Render/Script Instance item of the straitjacket, this would make it so you cant equip a straitjacket on someone wearing devious gloves however. and if made into a general purpose solution would require script changes to allow the removal of the rendered item while wearing a straitjacket. And I will copy this over to the DDI thread as well.

Without hands slot on Render

Spoiler

20200111141453_1.jpg.b10119efeb7af984df13bf874fdc7485.jpg

With hands slot on Render :

Spoiler

20200111141524_1.jpg.554112fc1eb06c5f23b079baf1dd45b6.jpg

Before anyone asks the pink haired girl is a follower I made for my own mod I am working on.

So if you make a custom item to equip onto the NPCs you can add hands to the Render item and it would work fine, you control what they wear so them not being able to wear gloves shouldn't be an issue.