Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

17 hours ago, darktej said:

your character can still mastrubate ...despite the belt lacking that option. press and hold the 'n' key.  your character will start to mastrubate. 

Thanks. Still, pushing keys isn't exactly user friendly. I don't know much about Skyrim modding but I imagine adding a couple of buttons and binding them to existing functionality shouldn't be that hard. Maybe next update? ?

1 hour ago, TeaAndBiscuits said:

Thanks. Still, pushing keys isn't exactly user friendly. I don't know much about Skyrim modding but I imagine adding a couple of buttons and binding them to existing functionality shouldn't be that hard. Maybe next update? ?

I see what you are saying, but in this specific case N already was the only method for normal masturbation. TBH I don't understand why did chastity belts ever need a separate button for it...

Just a couple of things that I thought about the past couple of days, you may have thought about these before but thought I'd run them by you...

For context these ideas are aimed for use as a quest or as part of a quest (I think that is pretty obvious but I like to be specific ?)

Spoiler
  • Laura asks the Player for urgent help, Katarina was out on an errand for the shop but has not returned, could the Player help to find her?
    • Katarina has been captured and the Player must help her escape
    • Outcome 1: Player rescues Katarina
    • Outcome 2: Player ends up captured as well prompting Laura to the rescue
    • Outcome 3: Player ends up captured and Katarina has to escape & rescue the Player
    • Outcome 4: Player and Katarina both escape together (still tied up) and have to make it back to the shop
  • The slavers talked about "maybe we'll get that bounty hunter too" referring to Katarina as part of the quest to find the lost slave girls, maybe that could happen under some situation or Katarina ends up captured upon her return to them as part of her "new job" in the continuation of finding 'the perfect girl'?
  • Time has run out, 'the perfect girl' has not been found and Laura must offer herself to Sloane as payment, Katarina and the Player must rescue Laura / pay off Slaone / find 'the perfect girl' to get Laura back
  • Jade's Capture, the Player tracks down Jade again only to be cleverly overpowered and subdued once again, the Player does not return to the shop after too long prompting Laura & Katarina into action
  • Jade's Capture, Jade is finally captured, returned to the shop only this is another clever plan by Jade, now Laura & Katarina are tied and put into the cell until the Player comes to the rescue

This is just a quick dump of things that ran through my head the past couple of days, your mod and quests really hit the right notes for me so just wanted to offer some ideas as a little thank you for the mod so far.

?

21 hours ago, TeaAndBiscuits said:

That belt was one of the earliest things I made, so I didn't really know what I was doing. Instead of just changing the properties I also made a custom message, but I didn't have to. That's why it's different from other belts, because I overdid it :P.

By the way, I'd say that the N key is much more user friendly because it's not behind a menu and it isn't tied to just DD.

16 hours ago, special said:

Just a couple of things that I thought about the past couple of days, you may have thought about these before but thought I'd run them by you...

For context these ideas are aimed for use as a quest or as part of a quest (I think that is pretty obvious but I like to be specific ?)

Hide contents
  • Laura asks the Player for urgent help, Katarina was out on an errand for the shop but has not returned, could the Player help to find her?
    • Katarina has been captured and the Player must help her escape
    • Outcome 1: Player rescues Katarina
    • Outcome 2: Player ends up captured as well prompting Laura to the rescue
    • Outcome 3: Player ends up captured and Katarina has to escape & rescue the Player
    • Outcome 4: Player and Katarina both escape together (still tied up) and have to make it back to the shop
  • The slavers talked about "maybe we'll get that bounty hunter too" referring to Katarina as part of the quest to find the lost slave girls, maybe that could happen under some situation or Katarina ends up captured upon her return to them as part of her "new job" in the continuation of finding 'the perfect girl'?
  • Time has run out, 'the perfect girl' has not been found and Laura must offer herself to Sloane as payment, Katarina and the Player must rescue Laura / pay off Slaone / find 'the perfect girl' to get Laura back
  • Jade's Capture, the Player tracks down Jade again only to be cleverly overpowered and subdued once again, the Player does not return to the shop after too long prompting Laura & Katarina into action
  • Jade's Capture, Jade is finally captured, returned to the shop only this is another clever plan by Jade, now Laura & Katarina are tied and put into the cell until the Player comes to the rescue

This is just a quick dump of things that ran through my head the past couple of days, your mod and quests really hit the right notes for me so just wanted to offer some ideas as a little thank you for the mod so far.

?

Thanks for the suggestions. There's some good stuff in there. :)

7 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

That belt was one of the earliest things I made, so I didn't really know what I was doing. Instead of just changing the properties I also made a custom message, but I didn't have to. That's why it's different from other belts, because I overdid it :P.

By the way, I'd say that the N key is much more user friendly because it's not behind a menu and it isn't tied to just DD.

I guess there's nothing I can do to change your mind, can I ?. Some belts being one way and other being different way is seriously triggering my inner OCD. 

21 hours ago, TeaAndBiscuits said:

I guess there's nothing I can do to change your mind, can I ?. Some belts being one way and other being different way is seriously triggering my inner OCD.

I do want to change it back to normal, but I don't know what will happen if a player is already wearing it after installing a changed version. I don't know if changing the properties of a worn device is safe to do. :/

16 hours ago, neosuduno said:

Just wondering Laura, but do you plan to use the pet-suits in some of your quests? That may make things interesting.

They're currently used in Seeking The Curse as a possible restraint in a chest inside a city, but you're right, they're not really used much.

I like them, but I think the animations look silly when you walk. Turning your character is Skyrim is almost instant and that looks really weird when you're crawling in a petsuit. The animators did a really good job, but it's just Skyrim messing it up.

I still want to use them more though, even if they look a bit silly.

53 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I do want to change it back to normal, but I don't know what will happen if a player is already wearing it after installing a changed version. I don't know if changing the properties of a worn device is safe to do.

Well, you can always do it the long way - create new device with right properties, change script that equips belt to use new version, and make removal script check for both.

So here's me doubtless being dim (again).  I started Blending In, got to the Vannen...  Van...  The slaver's cave, escaped the cage Kata put me in, tried to talk to 27 who just said I look fun, read the ledger, did the line up, got locked in the jacket, blindfold and gag, and pretty much dead ended.  I've tried talking to 27 again and now she likes that I'm gagged but I can't interact with her.  In fact I can't interact with anyone, I just get gag responses, or their default greetings.  I've tried sneaking into the store room, climbing up from the pit which didn't work though I did get close enough to trigger the scold interaction, and have even gone so far as to start kicking around plates and fruit trying to start a distraction. and other than a few "what are you doing that for" I've gotten no where.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for the very cool mod even if it is too smart for me :)

3 hours ago, akaTwoSheds said:

So here's me doubtless being dim (again).  I started Blending In, got to the Vannen...  Van...  The slaver's cave, escaped the cage Kata put me in, tried to talk to 27 who just said I look fun, read the ledger, did the line up, got locked in the jacket, blindfold and gag, and pretty much dead ended.  I've tried talking to 27 again and now she likes that I'm gagged but I can't interact with her.  In fact I can't interact with anyone, I just get gag responses, or their default greetings.  I've tried sneaking into the store room, climbing up from the pit which didn't work though I did get close enough to trigger the scold interaction, and have even gone so far as to start kicking around plates and fruit trying to start a distraction. and other than a few "what are you doing that for" I've gotten no where.

Am I missing something?

Thanks for the very cool mod even if it is too smart for me :)

There is 1 npc guard that will talk to you, try talking to the guy on the grinding wheel on the raised section behind the ledger you read.

You have to actually activate him with the interact key (E on keyboard by default) to make him speak or else you just get a default auto response.

12 hours ago, special said:
  Hide contents

There is 1 npc guard that will talk to you, try talking to the guy on the grinding wheel on the raised section behind the ledger you read.

You have to actually activate him with the interact key (E on keyboard by default) to make him speak or else you just get a default auto response.

Hervis - he just tells me to leave him alone every time I hit E to talk to him.  I restarted the quest, and tried interacting before and after I get gagged and no luck.

I'm a bad undercover slave :)

14 hours ago, akaTwoSheds said:

Hervis - he just tells me to leave him alone every time I hit E to talk to him.  I restarted the quest, and tried interacting before and after I get gagged and no luck.

I'm a bad undercover slave :)

What's the last thing you did for the quest?

What does the objective text say?

Also, if you can please open the console and type: getstage Laura_BI_Quest

Let me know what stage it shows.

Hi Laura, great work!

5 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

What's the last thing you did for the quest?

I created a save point just as Kata is walking me to the cage so that's what I've been working off of.  From there I've tried:

• Running ahead of Kata and trying to engage both 27 and Hervis - also most of the other slaves, Holden, and...  Oh I forgot his name, the one near the table with the key.  I only get the default responses from them.

• Escaping the cage, then trying to engage everyone with the same luck.

• Waiting for Holden to call me over and give me the intro speech, he then locks me in the main cage.  I've tried talking to the slaves in the cage as well as 27 when she wanders close enough but still get the default responses.

• Waiting for Holden to open the cage and tell us to line up at which point I've tried talking to 27 and Hervis before going to the line up

• After the line up when I've been decked out in the heavy leather gear I've tried talking to everyone and can't engage.

What does the objective text say?

I'm afraid I haven't kept track of the objective text too well.  As I recall there were get in the cage, follow Holden, another get in the cage as I recall - for the main cage, and stand in line.    After that I don't recall anything coming up.

Also, if you can please open the console and type: getstage Laura_BI_Quest

Let me know what stage it shows.

getstage Laura_BI_Quest returned 100 from my save point before being locked in the cage by Kata, and 160 from the most recent point that I'm at - which is out of the cage but not yet called by Holden for the introduction speech.

One thing that just occurred to me, does character level play a part?  I just created a new character and she got dropped close to the shop so I decided to see what was what.  She's still level 1 at this point.  Many lock picks have been sacrificed to that Expert cage door :)

I don't know if my load order would help, and can't quite figure out how to post it as a non-wall of text hidden entry so I'm leaving it out till I do :)

Thanks again!

Hi Laura, great work!

:D

I created a save point just as Kata is walking me to the cage so that's what I've been working off of.  From there I've tried:

• Running ahead of Kata and trying to engage both 27 and Hervis - also most of the other slaves, Holden, and...  Oh I forgot his name, the one near the table with the key.  I only get the default responses from them.

• Escaping the cage, then trying to engage everyone with the same luck.

• Waiting for Holden to call me over and give me the intro speech, he then locks me in the main cage.  I've tried talking to the slaves in the cage as well as 27 when she wanders close enough but still get the default responses.

• Waiting for Holden to open the cage and tell us to line up at which point I've tried talking to 27 and Hervis before going to the line up

• After the line up when I've been decked out in the heavy leather gear I've tried talking to everyone and can't engage.

I'm afraid I haven't kept track of the objective text too well.  As I recall there were get in the cage, follow Holden, another get in the cage as I recall - for the main cage, and stand in line.    After that I don't recall anything coming up.

getstage Laura_BI_Quest returned 100 from my save point before being locked in the cage by Kata, and 160 from the most recent point that I'm at - which is out of the cage but not yet called by Holden for the introduction speech.

One thing that just occurred to me, does character level play a part?  I just created a new character and she got dropped close to the shop so I decided to see what was what.  She's still level 1 at this point.  Many lock picks have been sacrificed to that Expert cage door :)

I don't know if my load order would help, and can't quite figure out how to post it as a non-wall of text hidden entry so I'm leaving it out till I do :)

Thanks again!

Spoiler

You're supposed to talk to Hervis after you get the leather gear. Use the command again after that scene, it should be at stage 200.

Then try to talk to Hervis. If that doesn't work or if it's not at stage 200, please share the papyrus log.

Also, you can share your loadorder in a spoiler like this one. It's the eye icon next to the emoji icon.

On 1/19/2020 at 9:40 PM, akaTwoSheds said:

Hurrah!  I don't know what dumb mistake I was making, but whatever it was I stopped and everything worked a charm.  

Thanks again Laura!

:D

15 hours ago, TeaAndBiscuits said:

I love your mod, keep it up!

Thank you. :)

Suggestion A) Sell pony boots and pony gear :horse:

I'm not a fan of the pony stuff, so I don't know if I'll add it.

Suggestion B) 'Locked away' but you are locked until marriage  ?

That's also not really my thing. I don't think I'll do anything with marriage, sorry. :/

Sounds like you would've loved Captured Dreams Shop.

Just finished the story line quest. It was great thanks for making it! ❤ The moment where 

Spoiler

you're mistaken for Jade

was especially excellent. I totally didn't see that coming and yet it was so obvious in hindsight hah. 

I think it would be neat if after you do that quest you can ask Laura to let you sleep tied up in the cell for the night as a free substitute for an inn. 

9 hours ago, interrobang said:

Reveal hidden contents

you're mistaken for Jade

I think it would be neat if after you do that quest you can ask Laura to let you sleep tied up in the cell for the night as a free substitute for an inn. 

I don’t think the Godzilla-Born would be getting much sleep after that. Especially if Laura’s Pleasurer or Teaser was part of the payment. ?