Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

On 11/24/2019 at 9:51 AM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Your game not being able to play a scene could mean that there is something wrong with your install. This is a lightweight scene with only a few lines of code.

I've had reports like this before and they figured out that their game was too unstable.

I suggest that you follow a stability guide and that you remove heavy/unstable mods.

Also, can you share your load order in a spoiler?

Thank you again for your response. Below is the load order. I have reinstalled the game and all the mods. Everything seems pretty stable. Im not having really any issues apart from the scripting during the quests from your mod which are the ones I want to play the most :/ really annoying

# Automatically generated by Vortex
*Heels Sound.esm
*SexLab.esm
*SexLabAroused.esm
*ZaZAnimationPack.esm
*hdtHighHeel.esm
*Devious Devices - Assets.esm
*Devious Devices - Integration.esm
*Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
*Joy of Perspective.esp
*SkyUI_SE.esp
*FNIS.esp
*UIExtensions.esp
*AddItemMenuSE.esp
*CBBE.esp
*CBBE Standalone Underwear.esp
*dcc-buttplug.esp
*FashionClothes.esp
*FemaleOutfitReplacer.esp
*FNISSexyMove.esp
*Highheels.esp
*KS Hairdo's.esp
*RaceMenu.esp
*RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
*RaceMenuPlugin.esp
*SkyHeels.esp
*FemaleFeetReplacer.esp
*SOSRaceMenu.esp
*XPMSE.esp
*Deviously Cursed Loot.esp
*Laura's Bondage Shop.esp
*FNISspells.esp
*Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
*Deviously Cursed Loot LAL AddOn.esp

57 minutes ago, Taki17 said:

The DD 4.3 animfilter has its own fair share of issues. Especially with armbinder and yoke animations.

Yes the animation filter does appear have issues in 4.3 and I have reported on them several times. Armbinder and Yoke animations worked fine in DD 4.2 with non-DD mods such as Eager NPCs and Survival but stopped working with 4.3. However the animation filter in 4.3 does seem to work properly with DCL (go figure) but still not with other mods even LBS with the few sexual encounters it has.

Since DDI 4.3a I've noticed the Yoke animations seemed to working again with the aforementioned mods, Arm/Elbowbinder and Pet Suit animations still don't work except with DCL of course.

@worik & @Taki17, there's a good chance that it's DD's fault. I'd like to troubleshoot some more to be sure, but it seems buggy so it's probably not needed. I also would've gotten more reports if it was my mod that did this.

42 minutes ago, Shenecek said:

Thank you again for your response. Below is the load order. I have reinstalled the game and all the mods. Everything seems pretty stable. Im not having really any issues apart from the scripting during the quests from your mod which are the ones I want to play the most :/ really annoying

Spoiler

# Automatically generated by Vortex
*Heels Sound.esm
*SexLab.esm
*SexLabAroused.esm
*ZaZAnimationPack.esm
*hdtHighHeel.esm
*Devious Devices - Assets.esm
*Devious Devices - Integration.esm
*Devious Devices - Expansion.esm
*Joy of Perspective.esp
*SkyUI_SE.esp
*FNIS.esp
*UIExtensions.esp
*AddItemMenuSE.esp
*CBBE.esp
*CBBE Standalone Underwear.esp
*dcc-buttplug.esp
*FashionClothes.esp
*FemaleOutfitReplacer.esp
*FNISSexyMove.esp
*Highheels.esp
*KS Hairdo's.esp
*RaceMenu.esp
*RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp
*RaceMenuPlugin.esp
*SkyHeels.esp
*FemaleFeetReplacer.esp
*SOSRaceMenu.esp
*XPMSE.esp
*Deviously Cursed Loot.esp
*Laura's Bondage Shop.esp
*FNISspells.esp
*Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
*Deviously Cursed Loot LAL AddOn.esp

That loadorder doesn't look heavy at all, so this shouldn't happen.

I do see a mod with SE in it's name, are you using SSE?

3 minutes ago, UnEvenSteven said:

Yes the animation filter does appear have issues in 4.3 and I have reported on them several times. Armbinder and Yoke animations worked fine in DD 4.2 with non-DD mods such as Eager NPCs and Survival but stopped working with 4.3. However the animation filter in 4.3 does seem to work properly with DCL (go figure) but still not with other mods even LBS with the few sexual encounters it has.

Since DDI 4.3a I've noticed the Yoke animations seemed to working again with the aforementioned mods, Arm/Elbowbinder and Pet Suit animations still don't work except with DCL of course.

Kimy uses a different method for starting SL scenes. She fetches the animlist herself depending on which restraints you're wearing before starting the SL scene. It's a lot more complex, but that's probabaly why it works for her.

I use the old method of just starting it with SL and letting to DD do it's work when it detects an SL scene. It always worked this way, but something is messing with it now.

26 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I use the old method of just starting it with SL and letting to DD do it's work when it detects an SL scene.

"old" ? As in "outdated", "obsolete"? Does that mean your method is not valid anymore and should be replaced? :classic_huh:

Or "old" in the meaning of "trusted", "reliable", "proven"..

I had planned to learn more about SL & DD scene scripting over the next weekends, and I must confess that LBS is among my study objects :classic_shy:

Just to note that I was not bashing Kimy just pointing out that she'd have "insider knowledge" to have the bound sex animation filter working correctly in DCL for obvious reasons. Thanks for clearing up the fact that Kimy uses a different method for scenes with devices than other mods,

No Laura, it's not your wonderful mod causing issues with the animation filter, it definitely seems to be a Framework issue. The "old" method should still be viable because isn't that the point of the bound sex animation filter? So sex scenes triggered by mods while wearing devices would play the correct bound animations without any special scripting/set-up?

At least now other users appear to have similar issues as I've had with the bound anim filter not working correctly. I encourage anyone that has these issues report them in the DDI thread.

22 minutes ago, UnEvenSteven said:

At least now other users appear to have similar issues as I've had with the bound anim filter not working correctly. I encourage anyone that has these issues report them in the DDI thread.

Done

But at least it isn't breaking anything, except my aesthetic feelings. :classic_laugh:

1 hour ago, worik said:

"old" ? As in "outdated", "obsolete"? Does that mean your method is not valid anymore and should be replaced? :classic_huh:

Or "old" in the meaning of "trusted", "reliable", "proven"..

"Old" as in trusted method.

DD is supposed to intercept when an SL scene is starting with a bound actor. The "old" method is just starting it with SL which looks like this:

Spoiler

Function SexForFastTravel(actor Partner)

actor[] sexActors = new actor[2]
    sexactors[0] = libs.playerref
    sexactors[1] = Partner
    sslBaseAnimation[] anims
    anims = SexLab.GetAnimationsByTag(2, "vaginal", "oral", RequireAll = false)
    RegisterforModEvent("HookAnimationEnd_FastTravelSex", "FastTravelEndHook")    
    SexLab.StartSex(sexActors, anims, allowbed = false, hook = "FastTravelSex")

Endfunction

Event FastTravelEndHook(int threadID, bool hasPlayer)

UnregisterForModEvent("HookAnimationEnd_FastTravelSex")
    FastTravelDisabled = 0
    CheckFastTravel()
    Debug.notification("I can now fast travel again.")
    BackToShop()

EndEvent

1 hour ago, worik said:

I had planned to learn more about SL & DD scene scripting over the next weekends, and I must confess that LBS is among my study objects :classic_shy:

:D

1 hour ago, UnEvenSteven said:

Just to note that I was not bashing Kimy just pointing out that she'd have "insider knowledge" to have the bound sex animation filter working correctly in DCL for obvious reasons. Thanks for clearing up the fact that Kimy uses a different method for scenes with devices than other mods,

It did sound a bit conspiracy-ish. :P

1 hour ago, UnEvenSteven said:

No Laura, it's not your wonderful mod causing issues with the animation filter, it definitely seems to be a Framework issue. The "old" method should still be viable because isn't that the point of the bound sex animation filter? So sex scenes triggered by mods while wearing devices would play the correct bound animations without any special scripting/set-up?

DD has always intercepted whenever an SL starts a scene with a bound actor. It's also not actually an old method because there is no new one.

I'll do some testing and I'll probably report it to Kimy.

3 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I'll do some testing and I'll probably report it to Kimy.

I've played/tested a few encounters while wearing the chastity belt for the model job. All animations match the belt .

Another minor bug report

spoiler

Spoiler

what she deserves:

The night in Laura's cell isn't a night, it's not fastforwarding. I've tried multiple reloads. Tested it with timescale at 1, 6 and 20

Plus in one of the repeats, the cell door opened itself. First, I thought it was a hidden part of the quest and left the cell. Even the shop's outer door wasn't locked.

Plus the breakfast dialogue tends to get stuck. As I watched it a few times, it always stucks if Laura isn't sitting down at the table..

Workaround here: console tcl, left shop, reentered shop, reentered cell, dialogue continues

On 11/30/2019 at 8:30 AM, Cole745 said:

An idea for a tie in to Simple Slavery. Bascially, Laura "saves" you from becoming a slave or a worse outcome. The gold that she bought you with can be paid back with doing errands for the shop.

I don't use Simple Slavery, but I could take a look at it.

19 hours ago, worik said:

Possible minor bug report

spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

After the quest Locked Away, Laura removed the belt, but she didn't remove the plug and I kept it (primitive plug in this case).

Is it a gift :classic_huh: ?

She won't take it from you by design. I could track where the plug came from and then remove it when needed.

15 hours ago, worik said:

Another minor bug report

spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

what she deserves:

The night in Laura's cell isn't a night, it's not fastforwarding. I've tried multiple reloads. Tested it with timescale at 1, 6 and 20

Plus in one of the repeats, the cell door opened itself. First, I thought it was a hidden part of the quest and left the cell. Even the shop's outer door wasn't locked.

Plus the breakfast dialogue tends to get stuck. As I watched it a few times, it always stucks if Laura isn't sitting down at the table..

Workaround here: console tcl, left shop, reentered shop, reentered cell, dialogue continues

Time isn't meant to progress when you're in there. Speeding up time could cause issues with mods that use periodic events. Fooling the player that time did progress is good enough.

What do you mean with "in one of the repeats"? Also, at what point did the cell open?

When I test a new release, I always go through the previous stuff, so I'll take a look at that scene.

Thanks for the reports by the way.

20 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

She won't take it from you by design. I could track where the plug came from and then remove it when needed.

The plug was from the model job and I thought she'd take it back like she took the belt back :classic_shy:

By the way: A feature request for the model job (I think we've had it menitioned earlier)

When I wear the belt and I am supposed to be a model, I should talk to people or do something to show it around and get reactions. ?

Fooling the player that time did progress is good enough.

Ah! :classic_happy: I thought it was a hickup or a bug.

What do you mean with "in one of the repeats"?

I've played the same scene multiple times and reloaded to play it again and again. At first, because I was afraid I missed some dialogues. (I do, when I use the free camera) and later because I discovered some hickups. Like the stuck scene, when Laura doesn't sit down at the table for the dialogue.

Also, at what point did the cell open?

Can't remember exactly, but definetly in the "evening" before she was looking for her gag.

She was passing the door and it opened itself in my first repeat. I thought it was part of the plot and left the cell. That's when I missed some of the dialogue :classic_blush:

In other news, I started Skyrim yesterday and it sounded like my PC was panicking. The ticking was louder than ever and the HDD made a weird sound.

I'm currently making back-ups of Skyrim and the mod files I have, and I'm going to buy a new one in a few days. This will be the last time that making a back-up will take 1 hour. :)

11 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I'm currently making back-ups of Skyrim and the mod files I have, and I'm going to buy a new one in a few days. This will be the last time that making a back-up will take 1 hour.

May Akatosh guide you well! :classic_happy:

7 minutes ago, worik said:

The plug was from the model job and I thought she'd take it back like she took the belt back :classic_shy:

I'll probably change it.

By the way: A feature request for the model job (I think we've had it menitioned earlier)

When I wear the belt and I am supposed to be a model, I should talk to people or do something to show it around and get reactions. ?

I'll probably make something like that as a seperate quest. Adding more than just the belt can make it incompatible with my other quests. I also want to keep the chastity belt seperate from the rest. There are plenty of people that would like an advertising quest, but don't like chastity belts.

Ah! :classic_happy: I thought it was a hickup or a bug.

:D

I've played the same scene multiple times and reloaded to play it again and again. At first, because I was afraid I missed some dialogues. (I do, when I use the free camera) and later because I discovered some hickups. Like the stuck scene, when Laura doesn't sit down at the table for the dialogue.

When it went wrong, did you use the free camera or other console commands before it?

Can't remember exactly, but definetly in the "evening" before she was looking for her gag.

She was passing the door and it opened itself in my first repeat. I thought it was part of the plot and left the cell. That's when I missed some of the dialogue :classic_blush:

That could be because the pathing took her too close to the door and that confused the game into thinking that the door had to be opened for her.

Packages open doors by default, even locked doors. That could be what happened.

15 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

When it went wrong, did you use the free camera or other console commands before it?

when it went wrong, I was in the vanilla 3rd person.

I had used the free camera earlier, because I couldn't watch the scene with the blindfolds on and from the cell position.

That's when I realized that the subtitles were not displayed, if I fly around with the camera. It was the integrated SL free camera if that matters.

Packages open doors by default, even locked doors. That could be what happened.

? There's a script that blocks such interaction. I experimented a bit around with things like that last week. You could use that for the time, when the door is supposed to stay locked?

50 minutes ago, worik said:

when it went wrong, I was in the vanilla 3rd person.

I had used the free camera earlier, because I couldn't watch the scene with the blindfolds on and from the cell position.

That's when I realized that the subtitles were not displayed, if I fly around with the camera. It was the integrated SL free camera if that matters.

Using freecam can mess with scenes, so I'm not sure if this is something I did wrong. I'll take a look at it though.

50 minutes ago, worik said:

? There's a script that blocks such interaction. I experimented a bit around with things like that last week. You could use that for the time, when the door is supposed to stay locked?

It's probably a pathing issue, not a door issue. I haven't seen this during testing and you're the first to report this, so there's a chance that there's something different about your game.

1 hour ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

It's probably a pathing issue, not a door issue. I haven't seen this during testing and you're the first to report this, so there's a chance that there's something different about your game.

Don't put too much into it. It only happend in one of my scene repeats. :classic_shy:

Anyway, I'll be in the CK later today and have a look at the scripts that I have in mind to shut the door.

3 minutes ago, GreenStar262 said:

I get a crash in the second part of the quest "What she deserves", when I accept to go into the bandit camp Katarina says: "you will also need to wear this". She gives me something and then the game crashes.

Please help!

Do you have HDT installed?  She puts a set of HDT shackles on you, and if you don't have HDT installed you will crash.

My "door" notes:

A few pages ago, I had posted an issue with my "Vilja" follower to unlock the locked door of Laura's bedroom. If we flip back, we may find more ideas how to keep a locked door locked? ?

Edit: it was ? here ?

6 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:
On 11/30/2019 at 2:30 AM, Cole745 said:

An idea for a tie in to Simple Slavery. Bascially, Laura "saves" you from becoming a slave or a worse outcome. The gold that she bought you with can be paid back with doing errands for the shop.

I don't use Simple Slavery, but I could take a look at it.

Simple Slavery and its newer incarnation Simple Slavery Plus serve a bridge between mods that trigger an enslavement event and various slavery mods or events.  For example, it can hand the PC off to DCL's bondage adventure or service to Leon/Leah, as well as starting up other mods.  Slavery doesn't fit the theme of Laura's Bondage Shop, but working to pay off a debt might, depending on Laura's personality and the shop's needs, which is what Cole745 is suggesting.  That would provide a "soft" outcome for an enslavement event for players who might not normally have that kind of thing in their game.  Simple Slavery Plus would need a minor update to support a hand-off to this mod.

6 hours ago, GreenStar262 said:

Do you mean that i have to load the body type HDT in the body-slide app? or there is a separate mod that i have to install?

You need HDT Physics, its a separate mod, then you need to load up HTD body in bodyslide

6 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Simple Slavery and its newer incarnation Simple Slavery Plus serve a bridge between mods that trigger an enslavement event and various slavery mods or events.  For example, it can hand the PC off to DCL's bondage adventure or service to Leon/Leah, as well as starting up other mods.  Slavery doesn't fit the theme of Laura's Bondage Shop, but working to pay off a debt might, depending on Laura's personality and the shop's needs, which is what Cole745 is suggesting.  That would provide a "soft" outcome for an enslavement event for players who might not normally have that kind of thing in their game.  Simple Slavery Plus would need a minor update to support a hand-off to this mod.

this would be pretty cool, especially if she looks you into the cage at night until your debt is paid aslong as waiting is enabled being in a small space with nothing to do doesnt seem to bad but maybe thats just me, the cage is just sittting there and i want to play with it somehow  XD

the dollmaker has a cage to, but its outside although it has a sleeping bed i dont know what its used for since none of her quests have anything to do with it, maybe its just cosmetic, she does use it if enslaved through SD+ but other than that i have no idea what it does.

maybe laura locks you in to if the player is enslaved via SD+ but she didnt want me as a slave the one time i tried:(

16 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

It's not my kind of mod so I don't think I'll do it, but I'll put it in the notes.