Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

Thanks for all the tips and guides.

I'll probably copy Skyrim to the new PC instead of cloning it. I think directly cloning it will give more issues than it's worth. There's also not much I'll have to transfer and I can just download the rest.

Still not sure if or when I'll buy a new PC, but I do have a plan for when I do. :)

1 hour ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Still not sure if or when I'll buy a new PC, but I do have a plan for when I do. :)

:classic_laugh: As it is decided, why not do it right now next weekend.  It's just another pain to delay it any longer.

I know that there is a separate project referring to bondage furniture that Kimy is working on... what if the shop starts to sell that type of furniture to jarls?

Just one to three pieces to be placed at the entrance of their keep (could be both inside as well as outside). Once such a piece is sold, about once a week a prisoner (or a citizen with a kink) could be found constraint in such a device. This will also slowly turn Skyrim slightly more kinky over time.

As to the dragonborn, its role is to demonstrate (with the help of Katherina) the effectiveness of that particular piece of furniture. There is a chance that the jarl doesn't like a specific type of furniture, thus after a cooldown period, a second demonstration is to be given. As to the demonstration, a lot of tweaking can be done during each quest. It could be a quick demonstration, or the jarl could insist on a longer demonstration where the dragonborn is left alone for a bit. Should that happen, people could walk by and interact with the dragonborn. For instance, a device could be equipped (slave boots, or a teaser plug). Or a degrading comment or two could be made about how it is obvious that the current predicament excites the dragonborn. And people could state that they would love to try that device themselves (two days later Laura might make a comment with regards to Ysolda and if you happen to enter her house, you suddenly find that same device, no quest or anything related, just a hidden gimmick). Although I am not sure tjat I need to make many suggestions, given how creative the plot lines in your quests are so far.

Anyway, I hope you like this suggestion and good luck with your computer.

On 11/22/2019 at 1:57 PM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I haven't changed anything in the Winking Skeever so I don't think this is my mods fault.

I do see an FNIS error and a few DD errors, but I'm not sure if they're the cause.

Have you had crashes before?

Does your game run smoothly or do it have more issues?

Does FNIS give an error when you run it?

Can you share your Load Order?

Hey. Many thanks for your response.  And also - I love your mod. It is absolutely amazing work :)

I have managed to fix that previous issue by uninstalling some crappy mods and starting from fresh. 

However,  I now have another issue and I have no idea how to deal with it, I was hoping you might be able to point me in some direction 

When I am on the "What She deserves" mission I get past the pub and into the blue palace. Everything is ok. I find the person and have the initial dialogue with her. She takes the potion off me and I get a pop up that I have lost control - all good. But after this nothing more happens. What is interesting is that if I wait a little bit, do quick save and then do quick load. I will be given the next animation (she moves over, I save, I load,  I move over, I save I load, get undressed.... ) I can get through the whole sequence although no dialogue happens. I get all the bondage kit and get back to the shop. And similar issue there. I walk to the cell. No controls. Quick save. load. cell gets closed... and nothing passed that. I am stuck. 

Would you happen to know what might be the issue? Alternatively, could you spoil what happens next and any possible dialogues? I am dying to know but my game wont play ball. Its more frustrating than having an armbinder.

Thanks in advance, 

15 hours ago, jaberwocky said:

I know that there is a separate project referring to bondage furniture that Kimy is working on... what if the shop starts to sell that type of furniture to jarls?

Just one to three pieces to be placed at the entrance of their keep (could be both inside as well as outside). Once such a piece is sold, about once a week a prisoner (or a citizen with a kink) could be found constraint in such a device. This will also slowly turn Skyrim slightly more kinky over time.

As to the dragonborn, its role is to demonstrate (with the help of Katherina) the effectiveness of that particular piece of furniture. There is a chance that the jarl doesn't like a specific type of furniture, thus after a cooldown period, a second demonstration is to be given. As to the demonstration, a lot of tweaking can be done during each quest. It could be a quick demonstration, or the jarl could insist on a longer demonstration where the dragonborn is left alone for a bit. Should that happen, people could walk by and interact with the dragonborn. For instance, a device could be equipped (slave boots, or a teaser plug). Or a degrading comment or two could be made about how it is obvious that the current predicament excites the dragonborn. And people could state that they would love to try that device themselves (two days later Laura might make a comment with regards to Ysolda and if you happen to enter her house, you suddenly find that same device, no quest or anything related, just a hidden gimmick). Although I am not sure tjat I need to make many suggestions, given how creative the plot lines in your quests are so far.

Anyway, I hope you like this suggestion and good luck with your computer.

Thanks for the suggestion.

I checked out DDC and it looks good. I have some ideas for it.

10 hours ago, Shenecek said:

Hey. Many thanks for your response.  And also - I love your mod. It is absolutely amazing work :)

I have managed to fix that previous issue by uninstalling some crappy mods and starting from fresh. 

However,  I now have another issue and I have no idea how to deal with it, I was hoping you might be able to point me in some direction 

When I am on the "What She deserves" mission I get past the pub and into the blue palace. Everything is ok. I find the person and have the initial dialogue with her. She takes the potion off me and I get a pop up that I have lost control - all good. But after this nothing more happens. What is interesting is that if I wait a little bit, do quick save and then do quick load. I will be given the next animation (she moves over, I save, I load,  I move over, I save I load, get undressed.... ) I can get through the whole sequence although no dialogue happens. I get all the bondage kit and get back to the shop. And similar issue there. I walk to the cell. No controls. Quick save. load. cell gets closed... and nothing passed that. I am stuck. 

Would you happen to know what might be the issue? Alternatively, could you spoil what happens next and any possible dialogues? I am dying to know but my game wont play ball. Its more frustrating than having an armbinder.

Thanks in advance, 

Thank you. :blush:

Your game not being able to play a scene could mean that there is something wrong with your install. This is a lightweight scene with only a few lines of code.

I've had reports like this before and they figured out that their game was too unstable.

I suggest that you follow a stability guide and that you remove heavy/unstable mods.

Also, can you share your load order in a spoiler?

Laura, have you considered opening something like a SubscribeStar for the Bondage Shop? Seems like it may be a prudent measure if Patreon cracks down on adult content again (again). It will also help with discoverability, considering the fact that patreon does not list adult creators in the search results, which is just stupid.

Just thinking that if (probably when) patreon decides that your content is unwanted there, it would be good to already have a SubscribeStar set-up.

4 hours ago, LAXL02 said:

Laura, have you considered opening something like a SubscribeStar for the Bondage Shop? Seems like it may be a prudent measure if Patreon cracks down on adult content again (again). It will also help with discoverability, considering the fact that patreon does not list adult creators in the search results, which is just stupid.

Just thinking that if (probably when) patreon decides that your content is unwanted there, it would be good to already have a SubscribeStar set-up.

Yeah, I heard some DeviantArt people got in trouble.

I'm not sure if I'm at risk though. I mostly post progress updates and a few vague teasers. Never a pic of penetration or something hardcore. There is an old teaser that shows boobs, but it's usually pretty tame.

I'm not worried and I hope that I won't need to move to SubscribeStart, but thanks for the tip. :)

On 11/25/2019 at 9:45 AM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Yeah, I heard some DeviantArt people got in trouble.

I'm not sure if I'm at risk though. I mostly post progress updates and a few vague teasers. Never a pic of penetration or something hardcore. There is an old teaser that shows boobs, but it's usually pretty tame.

I'm not worried and I hope that I won't need to move to SubscribeStart, but thanks for the tip. :)

I hope so too. Patreon seems to be torn between adult creators (and the money they bring in), and the potential image issues they may get from certain (overly conservative) groups. Sadly, fetish and more "niche" creators seems to take the brunt of the fallout. So far Patreon has only demanded that content be taken down from the platform, but I fear that this may change in the future.

Worst case scenario, most of the creators I've followed that had to decamp to SS seems to have transitioned most of their patrons over, so it should probably be fine to hold out until Patreon decides to throw you out. (hopefully they won't)

On 11/23/2019 at 4:52 PM, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Thanks for all the tips and guides.

I'll probably copy Skyrim to the new PC instead of cloning it. I think directly cloning it will give more issues than it's worth. There's also not much I'll have to transfer and I can just download the rest.

Hey Laura,

just a caveat when migrating your system…  If you exchange too many components (i.e. cpu, mobo, hdd) then there can _easily_ be an issue with the windows activation! The core issue here is the motherboard, but well, it can be a bit random. The best thing is to create a Microsoft account and link your windows license to it. That is a good precaution. Here is the link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

Please be careful with the compressed air you blow at times into the system. When the fans spin up they create voltage spikes that can in rare cases damage the motherboard. Best is to keep them still by inserting a straw between the fan blades as someone here already wrote.

About the noise… That is a fan, wither the bearing or something scratching. Do you hear the noise  immediately after booting the system? Does it stay the same in frequency/pitch when you work with the pc?

@Laura 'Lokomootje' So I’m pretty sure this was a glitch with my Prison Overhaul settings but Katarina violently attacked me when I went into the shop. I had a 40 gold bounty in Whiterun after a run in with a Thalmor patrol so I’m assuming she’s a member of the guards faction there. Thankfully it got cleared up once I’d paid off my bounty. Still a bit of a shock when I walked in and took a sword to the face. ?

23 hours ago, LAXL02 said:

I hope so too. Patreon seems to be torn between adult creators (and the money they bring in), and the potential image issues they may get from certain (overly conservative) groups. Sadly, fetish and more "niche" creators seems to take the brunt of the fallout. So far Patreon has only demanded that content be taken down from the platform, but I fear that this may change in the future.

Worst case scenario, most of the creators I've followed that had to decamp to SS seems to have transitioned most of their patrons over, so it should probably be fine to hold out until Patreon decides to throw you out. (hopefully they won't)

What kind of content did the people that got banned make?

11 hours ago, cafziel said:

Hey Laura,

just a caveat when migrating your system…  If you exchange too many components (i.e. cpu, mobo, hdd) then there can _easily_ be an issue with the windows activation! The core issue here is the motherboard, but well, it can be a bit random. The best thing is to create a Microsoft account and link your windows license to it. That is a good precaution. Here is the link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

I'm thinking of selling my current system and buying a new one. My PC is from 2012 and the hardware is pretty outdated. My i7 gets outclassed by a current i5 and my GTX 1050 Ti also gets wrecked by a GTX 1650.

Please be careful with the compressed air you blow at times into the system. When the fans spin up they create voltage spikes that can in rare cases damage the motherboard. Best is to keep them still by inserting a straw between the fan blades as someone here already wrote.

The compressed air never made the fans spin. They do move slightly but never even a half rotation.

About the noise… That is a fan, wither the bearing or something scratching. Do you hear the noise  immediately after booting the system? Does it stay the same in frequency/pitch when you work with the pc?

It seems like a bearing to me.

The noise is immediately after I start the PC and it stays the same the whole time. I've also had this noise for about 2 years now and it's always been the same.

3 hours ago, twsnider1138 said:

@Laura 'Lokomootje' So I’m pretty sure this was a glitch with my Prison Overhaul settings but Katarina violently attacked me when I went into the shop. I had a 40 gold bounty in Whiterun after a run in with a Thalmor patrol so I’m assuming she’s a member of the guards faction there. Thankfully it got cleared up once I’d paid off my bounty.

She's not in the guard faction. I think PO is messing with it.

If this happenes without PO I would've gotten a lot more reports about it, so I think it has something to do with PO.

Still a bit of a shock when I walked in and took a sword to the face. ?

She can be a bit protective. :P

I've haven't heard much about Patreon baning people, but the stuff I do follow is pretty tame.

What kind of content did the people that got banned make?

The big one for me is Ruaidri.

Here's the post from the creator themselves:

"

I awoke this morning to an email telling me that some of my posts could be potentially seen as non-consensual, and had to go. You'll notice many old posts are now missing.

Now I have to give the folks credit they were pretty nice and respectful about the whole situation, but as far as I can what it boils down to is, if anyone could look at something and potentially see it as non-con, even someone who's not really familiar with the whole BDSM thing, it's not allowed. And as someone who walks along the darker side of BDSM themes, and has an audience that likes that sort of thing, I don't really see how this page can continue. I mean I could try to keep it going as is, but I wouldn't be able to accept a lot of the sorts of painting suggestions y'all usually like to see, or post half the stuff I make anymore, and that's kind of gross.

The line is just a little too fuzzy for me. Unless I have every character who's tied up also smiling like an idiot, someone somewhere could interpret it as non-con, and that's just not a fight I feel like dealing with constantly.

The way I see it, there are basically three options open to me, of which I really only like two. I can try to keep the page going as is but basically eliminate anything that looks even slightly rough. I'd have to either completely eliminate or be very careful accepting suggestions based around bondage and make sure every character tied up in every bondage picture looks super duper consensual. Smiling and giving a thumbs up maybe?

Yeah, no, I don't think so.

So the two real options I see are this. I either close the page down entirely and just be done with it, or leave it open as a sort of 'tip jar' for anyone who wants to throw some support my way, but I wouldn't really be able to post much here anymore. I could still take monthly painting suggestions and such, but I'd just have to post them on FA to avoid issues. Assuming that doesn't also cause TOS issues in some way, heh.  The early access to monthly paintings and WIP stuff would go.  For high-res packs, I guess I'd finally have to get some third party hosting site going, which many of you wanted me to do anyway, and just link it to all of you? Again, assuming that's not also a TOS issue if there's some rough bondage involved.

"

source: https://www.patreon.com/posts/well-its-been-be-27630228

Based on what I've read from other creators that have been forced off the platform, you'd basically be told to take down any offensive content, or have your account shut down. There also seem to be a near blanket policy that "if someone thinks it may be non-consent, it is non-consent". If patreon in future cracks down on content not actually hosted (but funded) on-site, your mod seems to be in the crosshairs(if not particularily high up the kill-list). (think about the potential NC implications of the girls in the cave (you know the one))

13 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I'm thinking of selling my current system and buying a new one. My PC is from 2012 and the hardware is pretty outdated. My i7 gets outclassed by a current i5 and my GTX 1050 Ti also gets wrecked by a GTX 1650.

The compressed air never made the fans spin. They do move slightly but never even a hald rotation.

It seems like a bearing to me.

The noise is immediately after I start the PC and it stays the same the whole time. I've also had this noise for about 2 years now and it's always been the same.

Yes that indeed sounds like bearing issues. The constance of the noise indeed points to the PSU as the CPU and GPU fans are much more load dependent than the PSU one.

I have recently switched my main system to AMD Ryzen 3900 X with great single thread performance and use an old 1080. The new AMD beats Intel hands down for a smaller price.

I am pretty sure that you will also go for a SSD system - that really boosted performance in my case. I do numerical physics as job, so I also went for NVMe SSD, but for the usual applications my other, SATA SSD system runs just as fast.

On completely unrelated matters, your mod has given me inspiration for modding myself :) Your work is as far as I understand consentual BDSM (with emphasis on the B). I want to go for the D/S side. SD, Maria and SimpleSlavery  are a bit too generic and limited for my taste. I think that with D/S training that is oriented to reach certain "goals" there could be a  more story like development of the D/S situation and maybe even relationship, so that the player feels like the sub is on a path (that can change and develop in different settings) and not limited to generic task completion but "guided" by the D. Very much like you had Laura describe Sloan in your mod... "If we give her to Sloan she will make her a complete plaything". So I would like to ask you, if you are okay if I would make use of the Sloan character as a possible entry point into a  further developing strict D/S training scenario? If you are open for that, I would be thrilled if you contact me via PM.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, LAXL02 said:

The big one for me is Ruaidri.

Here's the post from the creator themselves:

Spoiler

"

I awoke this morning to an email telling me that some of my posts could be potentially seen as non-consensual, and had to go. You'll notice many old posts are now missing.

Now I have to give the folks credit they were pretty nice and respectful about the whole situation, but as far as I can what it boils down to is, if anyone could look at something and potentially see it as non-con, even someone who's not really familiar with the whole BDSM thing, it's not allowed. And as someone who walks along the darker side of BDSM themes, and has an audience that likes that sort of thing, I don't really see how this page can continue. I mean I could try to keep it going as is, but I wouldn't be able to accept a lot of the sorts of painting suggestions y'all usually like to see, or post half the stuff I make anymore, and that's kind of gross.

The line is just a little too fuzzy for me. Unless I have every character who's tied up also smiling like an idiot, someone somewhere could interpret it as non-con, and that's just not a fight I feel like dealing with constantly.

The way I see it, there are basically three options open to me, of which I really only like two. I can try to keep the page going as is but basically eliminate anything that looks even slightly rough. I'd have to either completely eliminate or be very careful accepting suggestions based around bondage and make sure every character tied up in every bondage picture looks super duper consensual. Smiling and giving a thumbs up maybe?

Yeah, no, I don't think so.

So the two real options I see are this. I either close the page down entirely and just be done with it, or leave it open as a sort of 'tip jar' for anyone who wants to throw some support my way, but I wouldn't really be able to post much here anymore. I could still take monthly painting suggestions and such, but I'd just have to post them on FA to avoid issues. Assuming that doesn't also cause TOS issues in some way, heh.  The early access to monthly paintings and WIP stuff would go.  For high-res packs, I guess I'd finally have to get some third party hosting site going, which many of you wanted me to do anyway, and just link it to all of you? Again, assuming that's not also a TOS issue if there's some rough bondage involved.

"

source: https://www.patreon.com/posts/well-its-been-be-27630228

Based on what I've read from other creators that have been forced off the platform, you'd basically be told to take down any offensive content, or have your account shut down. There also seem to be a near blanket policy that "if someone thinks it may be non-consent, it is non-consent". If patreon in future cracks down on content not actually hosted (but funded) on-site, your mod seems to be in the crosshairs(if not particularily high up the kill-list). (think about the potential NC implications of the girls in the cave (you know the one))

I still don't think that I'm at risk. Mine is one of the more tame BDSM mods on the site and the things I post on Patreon are not hardcore at all.

What you linked is super hardcore in my eyes and it's not something I'd watch.

Things I watch are things like: WossaRem and gingrjoke.

I'm going to be more careful with the things I post on Patreon though, but I'm not that worried.

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up. :)

1 hour ago, cafziel said:

Yes that indeed sounds like bearing issues. The constance of the noise indeed points to the PSU as the CPU and GPU fans are much more load dependent than the PSU one.

I have recently switched my main system to AMD Ryzen 3900 X with great single thread performance and use an old 1080. The new AMD beats Intel hands down for a smaller price.

I am pretty sure that you will also go for a SSD system - that really boosted performance in my case. I do numerical physics as job, so I also went for NVMe SSD, but for the usual applications my other, SATA SSD system runs just as fast.

I currently have an SSD for the OS and a HDD for the rest. It's nice to have a fast boot, but making a Skyrim backup takes 45 minutes. :/

So I'm definitely going to get a bigger SSD.

On completely unrelated matters, your mod has given me inspiration for modding myself :) Your work is as far as I understand consentual BDSM (with emphasis on the B). I want to go for the D/S side. SD, Maria and SimpleSlavery  are a bit too generic and limited for my taste. I think that with D/S training that is oriented to reach certain "goals" there could be a  more story like development of the D/S situation and maybe even relationship, so that the player feels like the sub is on a path (that can change and develop in different settings) and not limited to generic task completion but "guided" by the D.

Hearing that someone is inspired by my work is really great to hear. :blush:

Working towards a goal as a sub sounds fun.

Very much like you had Laura describe Sloan in your mod... "If we give her to Sloan she will make her a complete plaything". So I would like to ask you, if you are okay if I would make use of the Sloan character as a possible entry point into a  further developing strict D/S training scenario? If you are open for that, I would be thrilled if you contact me via PM.

Cheers!

I'm looking foward to seeing what you cook up and you're free to make the domme how you want, but please don't use Sloanes' name.

I don't want to sound mean, but I've got plans for her and it feels wrong to have someone use my things. Sorry. :/

Working towards a goal as a sub sounds fun.

? The idea is that YOU as player are worked towards a goal.. and that you can resist or end up trained… and then maybe trained by someone else in a different way.. Currently I am experimenting with dialog scripting to see if that is even possible in an interesting and dynamic way that is not always the same.

I'm looking foward to seeing what you cook up and you're free to make the domme how you want, but please don't use Sloanes' name.

I don't want to sound mean, but I've got plans for her and it feels wrong to have someone use my things. Sorry. :/

Okidoki, and please don't be sorry. I understand the sentiment perfectly well, especially because you seem to want to tell a specific story :) I'll look forward to play my part in it as victim ?

4 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up. :)

You're welcome. You've created one of the few skyrim mods I actually found worthwhile, so I'd like to help you out in whatever small way I can.

EDIT: just read through my comment and want to clarify: your mod is great, I just have a high standard for what mods I like, and made a poor choice of words with "worthwhile".

5 hours ago, worik said:

During STC, while I am trying to make the tough restraints less tough

I take it that the missing  hands are a general DD issue?

Hide contents

LBS.jpg.b775f88b76ed65d1696754ad4c7772b6.jpg

ebonite catsuit from the STC chest

This is work of armbinder - hands are disabled to prevent clipping. There was mod which reshaped armbinder to prevent clipping and reenable hands, but it wasn't incorporated in DD, I guess.

9 hours ago, worik said:

During STC, while I am trying to make the tough restraints less tough

I take it that the missing  hands are a general DD issue?

Reveal hidden contents

LBS.jpg.b775f88b76ed65d1696754ad4c7772b6.jpg

ebonite catsuit from the STC chest

The hands are always invisible in an armbinder to prevent clipping, but it's supposed to play one of DD's bound animations with the arms in the correct position. Something must've gone wrong there.

Is this the first time that you see this?

Did my mod play the correct anims before this?

If it used to work, what changed since it stopped working?

Do other mods like DCL play the correct anims for you?

47 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

Is this the first time that you see this? => It's my first encounter in LBS with an Armbinder if I remember right. ?So I can't compare, yet. Yes, Armbinders usually call correct animations.

Did my mod play the correct anims before this? => yes, it's the first time that I notice something unusal in the anims.

If it used to work, what changed since it stopped working? => in general it IS still working fine :classic_happy: .So I can't compare changes against a time reference (see the last ones below) It just the strange animaton selection in this scene. The animation selector COULD have selected a proper bound animation for an armbinder. They are available and trigger correctly in other situations.

Do other mods like DCL play the correct anims for you? => I'm not using that many DD mods. But as far as I remember, I could trace all previous issues back to bad/broken animation tags.

Changes since LBS got started in this game

Spoiler

• Beeing female patch v14d => v14f
  • SLSO v1.5.9 0 => v1.6.1
  • Sexy Bandit Captives v0.970a => v0.970b => v0.970d => v0.970f
  • AlchemistsJournal v1.0.2 => v1.1

@worik The animation filter is still a mystery to me. It once stopped working during testing and nothing I did fixed it. I gave up and it eventually just fixed itself. It's weird.

I suggest trying to replicate it with my mod and also testing it with another mod. If you do, let me know what you find.

16 minutes ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I suggest trying to replicate it with my mod and also testing it with another mod. If you do, let me know what you find.

It can take a while :classic_laugh: Last month, I've spend most of my spare time in the CK. In fact, it was my first "game time" this month.

My story takes me to Solitude in 2-4 game days. (After my health recovers from that frosty cross-country run :classic_wink:) For that, the next quest in LBS was intended to be the thief.

?Would that be the scenario that you are looking for?

Otherwise, I could try the modelling job since it is "just there" and won't take me outside of Whiterun. But that could only compare animation selection against a chastity belt. Would that help?