Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

3 hours ago, Laura said:

No slavetats please. That stuff is horrible.

It does what it was designed to do, and it's easier to use than RaceMenu overlays.  The problem is the actual tattoo packs, people thinking that writing on women with a sharpie constitutes a "tattoo", and mod makers using slavetats to force them on players.  The mod itself isn't horrible, it's the crude way it's used by unimaginative people that's horrible.

Oh, and the Makeup pack lets me paint my nails and change the color when I feel like (which is my primary use for the mod lol)!

Ok, for Skyrim AE, I've tried to break down all the dependencies, see what is updated and what is not.

The full list of stuff that has to be installed to get LBS to work:  FNIS, SKSE, SKSE Address Library, SkyUI, Racemenu, CBBE/UUNP (pick one), XP32 Skeleton, Fuz Ro Dah, SexLab Framework, SexLab Aroused Redux, Devious Devices.

Devious Devices is NOT updated for AE.  It looks like we need to wait for 5.2.  

I can't find anything one way or another with Aroused.  Frankly all of the various Aroused threads are pretty poorly documented and don't really list dependencies.  It looks like it needs SKSE, SkyUI and SexLab, and all three of those have versions compatible with AE, but that doesn't mean Aroused will work right.  Almost everything that relies on SKSE has to be updated or it will throw version errors:

The plugin manager has been updated with a new versioning system to handle post-AE plugins. If you are a plugin developer, please read PluginAPI.h for the breaking change regarding how plugins report their versions and compatibility with different runtimes.

I'm guessing that Aroused with throw version errors at you until someone fixes it, and since the most recent files are something like 3 years old I don't know when that will happen.

So there.  To play LBS on AE we need to 1) Wait for the next release of Devious Devices; and 2) test SexLab Aroused to see if it works with AE.

During the quest called "origin", the guard that is supposed to carry me somewhere, doesnt. I managed to find out where I was supposed to follow him, then the objective "follow the guard" completes -even though the guard is still at the cage, chilling-. Nothing else happens. I've tried disabling enabling, opening doors, hitting people, running into their faces... I dont know the quest ids to advance, and i dont see them around here (but i havent read the 204 pages of comments). In any case, I've seen other people have a similar problem, I just cant seem to solve it through the simple means. This is SSE pre AE version. I have all the dependencies.

Really want to see the end of the story, this mod and its characters have me hooked.

:P

Reading more comments i see most people just dont seem to be able to solve it. I dont have cursed loot or anything that other people are claiming might be interfering. Ill keep trying heh

Edited by albyznts
More info
2 minutes ago, albyznts said:

During the quest called "origin", the guard that is supposed to carry me somewhere, doesnt. I managed to find out where I was supposed to follow him, then the objective "follow the guard" completes -even though the guard is still at the cage, chilling-. Nothing else happens. I've tried disabling enabling, opening doors, hitting people, running into their faces... I dont know the quest ids to advance, and i dont see them around here (but i havent read the 204 pages of comments). In any case, I've seen other people have a similar problem, I just cant seem to solve it through the simple means. This is SSE pre AE version. I have all the dependencies.

Really want to see the end of the story, this mod and its characters have me hooked.

:P

This happens a lot.  For me it's always Darius who gets stuck because for some reason he spawns in the basement while your character is two floors above and can't possibly see him :P 

Did you try "recycleactor" on the guard?  Works for me on Darius.  Well, he loses his clothes, but it unsticks him when disable/enable doesn't.

Hey folks, I just finished the dream sequence for Origin, and am having an odd experience.  The quest marker initially directs me to the shop, but then when I fast travel anywhere, the quest marker has moved to where the last section of the dream took place, South of Helgen.  I think something went wrong, but I have no clue what.  

I have tried recycling both Kat and Laura, but they still try and walk to the spot South of Helgen.  I have tried enabling and disabling them.  What am I missing?

21 hours ago, IBAGadget said:

Are you running LE, SE, or AE?

If SE, what version of SKSE64 are you running? I have 2.00.17 and have no issues, even though they are up to 2.00.20

im on 2.0.19 for SE, if their on2.0.20 then i can update just hope this doesnt mean i lose the entierty of my game progress (havent done an skse update before with an existing mod profile)

1 hour ago, magnet7 said:

im on 2.0.19 for SE, if their on2.0.20 then i can update just hope this doesnt mean i lose the entierty of my game progress (havent done an skse update before with an existing mod profile)

then you should be fine. I actually rolled back my SKSE to 2.0.17, as I ran into other issues with 2.0.20. If you are having issues running LBS with 2.0.19, I don't think it's your SKSE version.

Do you by any chance have any of the CC assets that were part of the AE 'update'?

if you do, that is more likely your issue. When my SE version updated on me to AE, I used the 'Best of Both Worlds' downgrade patcher, which rolled back my Bink.dll and Skyrim.exe files, but it left the CC content added in. Things seemed fine at first, until I noticed that some mods that had always worked fine were now acting up, or just not functioning at all.

Took running the full downgrade patcher and removing all traces of the update to get things to work properly again.

On 12/18/2021 at 9:23 AM, aurreth said:

Ok, for Skyrim AE, I've tried to break down all the dependencies, see what is updated and what is not.

The full list of stuff that has to be installed to get LBS to work:  FNIS, SKSE, SKSE Address Library, SkyUI, Racemenu, CBBE/UUNP (pick one), XP32 Skeleton, Fuz Ro Dah, SexLab Framework, SexLab Aroused Redux, Devious Devices.

Devious Devices is NOT updated for AE.  It looks like we need to wait for 5.2.  

I can't find anything one way or another with Aroused.  Frankly all of the various Aroused threads are pretty poorly documented and don't really list dependencies.  It looks like it needs SKSE, SkyUI and SexLab, and all three of those have versions compatible with AE, but that doesn't mean Aroused will work right.  Almost everything that relies on SKSE has to be updated or it will throw version errors:

I'm guessing that Aroused with throw version errors at you until someone fixes it, and since the most recent files are something like 3 years old I don't know when that will happen.

So there.  To play LBS on AE we need to 1) Wait for the next release of Devious Devices; and 2) test SexLab Aroused to see if it works with AE.

You can add: Wait for a version of racemenu that works. There s no publicly available skse DLL yet. Bethesda keeps changing the executable on Expired...

49 minutes ago, fred200 said:

You can add: Wait for a version of racemenu that works. There s no publicly available skse DLL yet. Bethesda keeps changing the executable on Expired...

There's a version of SKSE up for the current AE version, but no telling how long that will last.

14 hours ago, LieutenantPaladine said:

Hey folks, I just finished the dream sequence for Origin, and am having an odd experience.  The quest marker initially directs me to the shop, but then when I fast travel anywhere, the quest marker has moved to where the last section of the dream took place, South of Helgen.  I think something went wrong, but I have no clue what.  

I have tried recycling both Kat and Laura, but they still try and walk to the spot South of Helgen.  I have tried enabling and disabling them.  What am I missing?

Sorry to derail the thread, but I could use a little help here.  

3 hours ago, aurreth said:

Try waiting for a day.  Let them walk to the spot, then return to the shop.

Unfortunately, they stay in that spot and don't seem to want to leave.  I tried waiting three days, and they still refuse to return to the shop.  I even went to a point earlier on in the quest, to see if running through it again would change the outcome, and nothing has worked.  Anything else I could try?

11 minutes ago, LieutenantPaladine said:

Unfortunately, they stay in that spot and don't seem to want to leave.  I tried waiting three days, and they still refuse to return to the shop.  I even went to a point earlier on in the quest, to see if running through it again would change the outcome, and nothing has worked.  Anything else I could try?

Go into the shop and use the console, "moveto player"?

Ah, wait.  Where is Sona?  After the dream, when you return to the shop, Sona is supposed to be there.  SHE might be stuck.  Go to the temple in Whiterun and try poking her.  If Sona is stuck the whole scene might be stuck.

When I coc to the shop after exiting the dreamworld, Sona exits the shop, just like Kat and Laura.  I haven't checked where she goes, which I suppose is something I should do.  I'll report back when I have more.  

EDIT: As soon as Laura and Kat head south to go past Helgen, Sona returns to the Temple of Kynareth.  I'm not sure exactly what got bugged here, but I know something's funky.

Edited by LieutenantPaladine
Discovered more information about the issue.

Hmm.  Ok, what it sounds like is the quest is stuck at the point you exit the dream and return to your own body.  At the end of the dream Laura and Kata are south of Helgen, and Sona is in the temple.  When the quest advances they are all in the shop.  For you the quest has stalled, so the actors keep trying to go to the location of the last scene of the dream.

It's a bit more complicated than that, programmatically speaking, but essentially that is what's going on.  The "clones" used in the dream are removed when you wake up, but that isn't being passed back to the quest, so the quest forces the only actors it can find to go where they should be.  So it grabs the "real" Lara and Kata and Sona.  (At least I hope that is what is happening and Laura didn't use the real NPCs in the dream sequence rather than creating an alias/clone for them).

If Laura herself doesn't stop by I'll take a look at the quest tomorrow, see if I can't figure out how you can poke it back on track.  Sorry, don't have time to deal with it this evening.

8 hours ago, aurreth said:

Hmm.  Ok, what it sounds like is the quest is stuck at the point you exit the dream and return to your own body.  At the end of the dream Laura and Kata are south of Helgen, and Sona is in the temple.  When the quest advances they are all in the shop.  For you the quest has stalled, so the actors keep trying to go to the location of the last scene of the dream.

It's a bit more complicated than that, programmatically speaking, but essentially that is what's going on.  The "clones" used in the dream are removed when you wake up, but that isn't being passed back to the quest, so the quest forces the only actors it can find to go where they should be.  So it grabs the "real" Lara and Kata and Sona.  (At least I hope that is what is happening and Laura didn't use the real NPCs in the dream sequence rather than creating an alias/clone for them).

If Laura herself doesn't stop by I'll take a look at the quest tomorrow, see if I can't figure out how you can poke it back on track.  Sorry, don't have time to deal with it this evening.

Sounds like the scene didn't end and the AI packages are keeping them there. I still don't know why SSE can't handle the scenes.

By the way, they're the same actors. I just change their outfit and teleport them around. Much easier in the long term. I just know that when I want to change them in the future, I'm going to forget to change the clones too. :P

@LieutenantPaladine

Are you using SSE or AE?

Also, load a previous save and play that part a few times. I want to know if it happens everytime.

Hi.Hope you are doing fine.

I've ran into a problem that I didn't have before.My mod manager (vortex) says that devious devices contraptions is required for this mod to function but I couldn't find a working port of DDC for SSE and when The oldrim version breaks my game.Is there any way to fix it?

7 minutes ago, golden2415 said:

devious devices contraptions is required for this mod to function but I couldn't find a working port of DDC for SSE

It is part of the DD5.1 download, both for LE and SSE. If you are using older versions, this mod won't work properly, or at all.

Hello there! Just finished your mod for the first time. V3.32 SE.  ZERO technical issue along the way (i think), very impressive!

Must I say, mod seriously undersell itself with its title. I have been skipping this one from the start, thinking "ou ANOTHER fetch me DD shop". But it's story and device usage is great!

-Never stuck in any device for too long, blocking other content.

-Never too restrictive or repetive so i would just reload game to avoid slow tedious content. Many DD creators fail to find that balance.

-And constant banter betwen characters never left me thinking: "nothing is happening. I got stuck, mod broke, better reload again." Very important.

Amazing creation, almost 10/10 but it got needlessly super dark during "origin".  There go story of bimbo heroine that got herself into some spicy troubles. Here comes torture and execution.

Big thanks for keeping DD family alive!

Note: really hope there is one ending where "perfect girl" turns up to be the dragonborn. I mean..come on!

9 hours ago, LieutenantPaladine said:

That command outputs this:

image.png.5e025f59ff4251c7f221d59aa0302fa7.png

Okay, from OUTSIDE the shop, in the console "setstage Laura_SQ09_Quest 1010".  Then go inside and see if everyone is in there and talking.

If not, "setobjectivecompleted Laura_SQ09_Quest 1010 1", then "setstage Laura_SQ09_Quest 1015".

1000 and 1010 are the dream sequence completion.

1015 and 1020 are the final conversation with Sona, Kata and Laura.

10000 is quest complete.

3 hours ago, Laura said:

Sounds like the scene didn't end and the AI packages are keeping them there. I still don't know why SSE can't handle the scenes.

By the way, they're the same actors. I just change their outfit and teleport them around. Much easier in the long term. I just know that when I want to change them in the future, I'm going to forget to change the clones too. :P

That is so not how object oriented programming works lol  But then again I'm not sure how the CK manages inheritance for Actor records, whether or not you can create and remove an instance of an NPC, etc.  My guess is "badly" lol