Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

1 hour ago, golden2415 said:

Hi.Hope you are doing fine.

I've ran into a problem that I didn't have before.My mod manager (vortex) says that devious devices contraptions is required for this mod to function but I couldn't find a working port of DDC for SSE and when The oldrim version breaks my game.Is there any way to fix it?

Vortex gets glitchy about Devious Devices, and master files in general, on occasion.  As @Taki17 says it is installed with DD 5.1 SE.  Do not use the LE version, and don't try to convert the LE version to SE.  Instead make sure that DD 5.1 SE is installed correctly.

On the left click Plugins, wait for the list to populate.  In the Name box at the top of the list type "devious".  You should see a list of the devious devices plugin files.

16991110_12-20-20219-06-18AM.png.fe687eb237b9b63cf174964cd5cb6631.png

You should see those 4 ESM files.  Ignore the orange triangles.  Those tend to happen when the mod is originally written for LE and converted.  If you don't see all 4 then you need to reinstall DD. 

If you do see them all, go back to the Mods tab.  First, click the bell icon at the top right of Vortex and dismiss all the warnings and errors.  Then click the Deploy Mods button to redeploy.  Let it run, update FNIS, etc.  When it finishes you shouldn't see any warnings (the bell icon again).

11 hours ago, Laura said:

Sounds like the scene didn't end and the AI packages are keeping them there. I still don't know why SSE can't handle the scenes.

By the way, they're the same actors. I just change their outfit and teleport them around. Much easier in the long term. I just know that when I want to change them in the future, I'm going to forget to change the clones too. :P

@LieutenantPaladine

Are you using SSE or AE?

Also, load a previous save and play that part a few times. I want to know if it happens everytime.

@Laura I'm not using SSE or AE, just the basic original Skyrim.  I'm going to give aurrith's advice a try for now, and then try some bug testing on Wednesday when I have more time.  

8 hours ago, aurreth said:

Okay, from OUTSIDE the shop, in the console "setstage Laura_SQ09_Quest 1010".  Then go inside and see if everyone is in there and talking.

If not, "setobjectivecompleted Laura_SQ09_Quest 1010 1", then "setstage Laura_SQ09_Quest 1015".

1000 and 1010 are the dream sequence completion.

1015 and 1020 are the final conversation with Sona, Kata and Laura.

10000 is quest complete.

I have attempted your solution, and nothing changes.  The objective marker (As well as Kat and Laura) still points south of Helgen.  I am stumped.

I found some sort of solution to issue when Laura and Katarina are going to Helgen in Origin quest.

In the end of the dream, when you are standing outside and watching Katarina talking to Darius. Before she unsheathes her sword type into console

setstage Laura_SQ09_Quest 900

It's important to do this before the end of the dream, or it won't work.

And when you'll exit the dream Laura and Kat will stay in the shop so you can finish the quest.

Seems like all this problem is caused by 900 objective not being able to set by itself.

Edited by User3232
20 hours ago, jet41 said:

Hello there! Just finished your mod for the first time. V3.32 SE.  ZERO technical issue along the way (i think), very impressive!

Must I say, mod seriously undersell itself with its title. I have been skipping this one from the start, thinking "ou ANOTHER fetch me DD shop". But it's story and device usage is great!

-Never stuck in any device for too long, blocking other content.

-Never too restrictive or repetive so i would just reload game to avoid slow tedious content. Many DD creators fail to find that balance.

-And constant banter betwen characters never left me thinking: "nothing is happening. I got stuck, mod broke, better reload again." Very important.

Amazing creation, almost 10/10 but it got needlessly super dark during "origin".  There go story of bimbo heroine that got herself into some spicy troubles. Here comes torture and execution.

Big thanks for keeping DD family alive!

Note: really hope there is one ending where "perfect girl" turns up to be the dragonborn. I mean..come on!

Thank you so much. :blush:

I know it got really dark. This mod kinda takes place in the LL version of Skyrim and I wanted to make a realistic take on it. And I feel like adressing the dark side is important. There is so much abusive content here.

20 hours ago, aurreth said:

That is so not how object oriented programming works lol  But then again I'm not sure how the CK manages inheritance for Actor records, whether or not you can create and remove an instance of an NPC, etc.  My guess is "badly" lol

You got me. I'm not a programmer, writer or QA tester. Don't let the contributor title fool you, I don't know what I'm doing. ?

22 hours ago, aurreth said:

That is so not how object oriented programming works lol  But then again I'm not sure how the CK manages inheritance for Actor records, whether or not you can create and remove an instance of an NPC, etc.  My guess is "badly" lol

You can, they can inherit practically everything, but whether it's worth the complexity of handling two references to the same NPC, idk.

Also I've found solution to Follow the guard bug in Origin quest.

When you need to sleep type into console

tfc

then go to the main room, pick Hinde and type

disable

then go to sleep. After awaking guard will talk to you. When you'll start following the guard don't forget to enable Hinde back.

So looks like the guard is staring at Hinde after the end of conversation. And it's he stuck at this task. He wants to stare at Hinde (even if she is not in the same room) that he forgets about his next task to guide you to another cage. By disabling Hinde he remembers his next task. But it's better to disable her before you go to sleep.

And I've been stuck at "escape" part of Origin quest.

After you go to the door when Katarina awaits you, it can be that Darius isn't there, so you need to "tfc" to him and "moveto player".

When you'll be teleported to cage there can be another problem. There will be no Stranger and Darius, so talk doesn't start.

Solution is the same  "tfc" to them and "moveto player". Do this to Darius, Stranger and Warden. After that everything will be ok.

Looks like it's some king of pathfinding problem, as Stranger tries to go to needed place, and even find it, but on the wrong floor.

Next problem could be that after the dream Laura and Katarina would want to go to Helgen. But I've posted possible solution to it a little earlier.

Edited by User3232
51 minutes ago, Tetras66 said:

You can, they can inherit practically everything, but whether it's worth the complexity of handling two references to the same NPC, idk.

I suppose it depends on what you are doing.  I'd think it would actually be easier in this case, because you need the NPCs to be in geographically divergent locations within minutes, and if something glitches you don't want them staying in the dream and not being back in the shop.  So leave them in the shop, and create an instance of them for the dream.

Of course I'm not the one putting everything together, and I'm quite willing to believe that the "right" way is the "way too hard" way, given how hard the CK is to work with sometimes.  :) 

3 hours ago, User3232 said:

I found some sort of solution to issue when Laura and Katarina are going to Helgen in Origin quest.

In the end of the dream, when you are standing outside and watching Katarina talking to Darius. Before she unsheathes her sword type into console

setstage Laura_SQ09_Quest 900

It's important to do this before the end of the dream, or it won't work.

And when you'll exit the dream Laura and Kat will stay in the shop so you can finish the quest.

Seems like all this problem is caused by 900 objective not being able to set by itself.

That... shouldn't do anything.  Stage 900 isn't used by the quest.  I've played through Origins twice so far, and the only problem I've had is Darius sticking at the beginning (he probably should be spawning outside the bedroom, not in the basement), and in both games 900 was never set or completed (sqs shows 0).

Makes me wonder if the issue isn't 800 not completing correctly, and passing you off cleanly to 1000.

1 hour ago, aurreth said:

That... shouldn't do anything.  Stage 900 isn't used by the quest.  I've played through Origins twice so far, and the only problem I've had is Darius sticking at the beginning (he probably should be spawning outside the bedroom, not in the basement), and in both games 900 was never set or completed (sqs shows 0).

Makes me wonder if the issue isn't 800 not completing correctly, and passing you off cleanly to 1000.

Idk. At the beginning I've played that part like 5 times without console, and every time Laura and Kat were on their pilgrimage to Helgen.

Then I've tried some suggestions that were posted here and nothing worked. Then I've done this thing with stage 900 and it worked. I've tried a couple of times and every time was ok.

Another thing is that I created separate save on this scene and restarted skyrim, maybe this can also relate to solution in my case.

And the last thing. When Laura and Kat were behaving incorrectly I had my camera stuck at some distance from PC, like scroll wheel did nothing, and when everything was working ok my camera wasn't stuck. I think this can be related to that scene where Kat put PC to the ground.

So creating new save and restarting the game is a thing to try if fix with stage 900 did nothing.

That's all info related to the bug that I know for now.

On 12/20/2021 at 6:46 PM, aurreth said:

Vortex gets glitchy about Devious Devices, and master files in general, on occasion.  As @Taki17 says it is installed with DD 5.1 SE.  Do not use the LE version, and don't try to convert the LE version to SE.  Instead make sure that DD 5.1 SE is installed correctly.

On the left click Plugins, wait for the list to populate.  In the Name box at the top of the list type "devious".  You should see a list of the devious devices plugin files.

16991110_12-20-20219-06-18AM.png.fe687eb237b9b63cf174964cd5cb6631.png

You should see those 4 ESM files.  Ignore the orange triangles.  Those tend to happen when the mod is originally written for LE and converted.  If you don't see all 4 then you need to reinstall DD. 

If you do see them all, go back to the Mods tab.  First, click the bell icon at the top right of Vortex and dismiss all the warnings and errors.  Then click the Deploy Mods button to redeploy.  Let it run, update FNIS, etc.  When it finishes you shouldn't see any warnings (the bell icon again).

Thanks bro reinstalling DD fixed the issue

I am having a problem in Origins quest.  The guard will lead me to the new cage and it just stops there. It competes follow the guard and doesn't start the next stage. SQS show i'm complete to stage 265 and all following stages are 0.  I don't know what the next stage should be or how to fix the issue.

Okay, I have to admit that I am in a love-hate relationship with the quests of this mod. Without help from this thread, I would still be standing in the slavers cave, asking myself how the hell I am supposed to enter the storage area without being caught ever y time.

I first started playing TES games with Morrowind and I had a few flashbacks to that time I had to search the northern Ashlands without any quest markers for anything.

Overall the story writing is great and the characters feeling somewhat alive and realistic and that with relatively short backstorys. This is remarkable.

The banter between Laura and Katarina reminds me of standing in my favourite adult store and/or being back on play parties with my friends. Especial the Scene, where Laura tries to convince Katarina to wear a straitjacketed.

I want to thank you for making this mod and I am looking forward for future update and the end of the Story about Sloane (May I get to kill her? Pretty please?)

I had to reinstall Skyrim due to a HDD failure, so am playing AE with the beta of DD. Started a new game and Laura has no inventory for sale. None. Waited a few days and checked back, still nothing for sale.

Did I do something wrong or do I need to wait for an AE update for LBS?

CL works just fine so I'm pretty sure it's not a DD issue...

Edit: Never mind, I figured it out. My Bashed Patch was deleting her inventory for some reason.

Edited by MadCat256
Update
On 12/20/2021 at 1:38 PM, Laura said:

Sounds like the scene didn't end and the AI packages are keeping them there. I still don't know why SSE

Yesterday i end all your quest line on SSE, some scenes seems long from feelings while NPC goes to one point and return. There is a pauses from player feelings. One time Sloanes husband stuck walk back to Cage where stays near cage a Sloane and wait for return. After reload it fixes.

Anyway last quests are awesome with Jade)

On 12/21/2021 at 10:10 PM, fyredraken said:

I am having a problem in Origins quest.  The guard will lead me to the new cage and it just stops there. It competes follow the guard and doesn't start the next stage. SQS show i'm complete to stage 265 and all following stages are 0.  I don't know what the next stage should be or how to fix the issue.

No one has any idea's or answers?  I'm being taken to the new cage and Sloan comes in but the next sequence doesn't trigger and Sloan's Husband doesn't come in.  

Edited by fyredraken
7 hours ago, fyredraken said:

No one has any idea's or answers?  I'm being taken to the new cage and Sloan comes in but the next sequence doesn't trigger and Sloan's Husband doesn't come in.  

It usually means Darius is stuck.  He's down in the basement.  Use the console, tfc, move the camera down to where you can see him.  Use the console to select him, then disable, then enable.  That usually unsticks him.  If that doesn't work you can try recycleactor.  That almost always works, but it makes his clothes vanish because that command reloads the character but not his default clothing.

4 hours ago, kohlteth said:

Still cant get Laura to give me new quest once Sloane done reading riot act to Laura and Kat, HELP! please 

Laura gives the dialogue but no quest starts.

If I remember right the next quest doesn't start automatically.  Wait for Laura and Kat to finish talking, they ask you if you are alright, and then it stops.  This was probably the end of the mod at one point.  To get the next quest talk to Laura after she goes back to the shop counter.

for the origin quest my only fix was to start from the beginign and save multiple times, if theres ever a delay or something go back one save and give it another go, eventually got through it - I think these sort of instance quests where your in these pocket dimensions (dont really have a better word for when you move to a different instance) are trickier not to get caught behind a glitch but skyrim is a very tricky thing to play much less mod

On 12/27/2021 at 10:33 AM, kohlteth said:

Still cant get Laura to give me new quest once Sloane done reading riot act to Laura and Kat, HELP! please 

Laura gives the dialogue but no quest starts.

Did you leave right after Sloane left? The scene continues after she leaves and leaving too early could mess it up. If that's the case, load a previous save and wait for them to finish.