Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

1 hour ago, Tetras66 said:

Do they spawn to xmarkers? If so, try moving the xmarkers a little bit higher than the ground and away from any obstacles (or walls).

No, they are in the cell from the start, just disabled.  I tried something simple, just setting Hinde to enabled and commenting out the MoveTo function, but had the same problem.  Moving everyone out of the cell to storage, then moving them in when the quest starts (or when the basement subroutine starts) fixed the problems.

On 12/28/2021 at 9:56 AM, Laura said:

Did you leave right after Sloane left? The scene continues after she leaves and leaving too early could mess it up. If that's the case, load a previous save and wait for them to finish.

No I have been waiting for them to stop chatting, then I talk to Laura and she "gives me" a quest but nothing triggers and Kat goes off to do something, and when I talk to Laura to see if I can retrigger it, she says I'm already doing something for her 

On 12/28/2021 at 9:57 AM, Laura said:

Holy crap. I just saw that this mod now has 100.000 downloads. That's so many people. :O

That would be because just in 2nd place behind the very much missed and beloved CD shop Mod, Your's is still the best NSFW Mod going and your support over the years has been fantastic. 

3 hours ago, kohlteth said:

No I have been waiting for them to stop chatting, then I talk to Laura and she "gives me" a quest but nothing triggers and Kat goes off to do something, and when I talk to Laura to see if I can retrigger it, she says I'm already doing something for her 

The next quest after Sloane leaves the shop should be "A Familiar Face", Laura_SQ08_Quest.  You can try setstage Laura_SQ08_Quest 0.  Or maybe startquest Laura_SQ08_Quest.

Edit:  Kata already left the shop?  The quest is running.  Try setstage to 100.

Edited by aurreth
On 1/1/2022 at 2:34 AM, aurreth said:

Here's a new one lol  In The Trapped Hunter, you are supposed to go to Silisus' body on the lakeshore.  As soon as I got somewhat close the body went shooting off into the distance.

I chased it.  I targeted it in the console and moved myself to it.  It kept going.  I moved it to me, it shot off again.  Finally I toggled off his AI, moved him to me, and used the console to steal his inventory, which completed the stage.

Frustrating, but funny :) 

Skyrim is weird. It's a mystery we'll never solve.

19 hours ago, aurreth said:

Alright, I've tried a bunch of tweaks and I can't get Origin to run right on SE.  It's almost as if the papyrus MoveTo command is either not working, or working sporadically, which causes actors to miss their marks and bugs out the AI.  For example Hinde is supposed to spawn in her cell, but keeps appearing on the floor above.  The next line moves her to the bed in her cell, but she doesn't move.

Hmm, from CK site, MoveTo bugs:

I'll have to sort out that sequence.

Omg. That could be it. ?

16 hours ago, aurreth said:

This works.  I just ran the entire Origin with no glitches, no one being out of place.  This was NOT on a clean save, just from a save before Origin started.

So the solution:  place Hinde, Darius, Stranger, and Warden in Laura's storage cell.  Delete them from Sloane's house.  Change the Origin script properties to point to the actors in the storage cell.  Minor script edits to move the Stranger into the house (he didn't have his own MoveTo command, and you have to add a property to give him a landing spot; total of two lines added).

Required a change to the ESP file, and compiling the script changes.  Of course saving the ESP in the Creation Kit changed the type from 43 (LE) to 44 (SE), and that might cause problems in earlier quests, no idea.  I'm not going to rerun the entire series again right now, 'cause I'm soooo tired of making apple cabbage stew.  :)   

This could be huge. :D

4 hours ago, kohlteth said:

That would be because just in 2nd place behind the very much missed and beloved CD shop Mod, Your's is still the best NSFW Mod going and your support over the years has been fantastic. 

Spoiler

:blush:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I provided Laura with a new SE version of the mod that incorporates my Origin quest fixes.  I tried a couple ways to just make a patch for the quest, but that didn't work.  Origin wouldn't start after talking to Glemme.  So it has to be the entire mod.

What I really need, once Laura uploads the new version (3.32a) is 1) a bunch of people to test Origin, and 2) someone to run the entire LBS quest series from the beginning to make sure I didn't induce any other errors.

And before anyone asks, no, you don't need a clean save.  Just a save from before Origin starts, which basically means from before you gave Glemme her sword back (once you return the sword everything progresses and Origin starts automatically, no way to stop it.)  It has to be from before the start of Origin because I had to modify the quest script and its properties, so you want to make sure the new script is loaded.

Edited by aurreth

I haven't run into any real issues with Origin on SE, but I'll give this a shot. I might not be the best for feedback right now, as Ivy 6.0 has dropped for FO4, so I'm currently back on that for right now, but I will get to running this at some point this weekend.

Huge thanks to Laura for the mod, and aurreth for the hard work on tracking down and fixing the troubles that everyone seems to be having.

7 hours ago, Laura said:

To everyone who uses SE and has an issue with Origin. Install this version, load a save before the quest and let me know if it works. Fingers crossed.

Huge thanks to aurreth for the hard work.

Laura's Bondage Shop v3.32 SSE Alpha Test Version - fixes by aurreth.7z 8.66 MB · 7 downloads

I just tried it. The quest worked with next to no hic ups (that weren't the fault of other mods).

This is something I just noticed now though, all the male npcs except for the orc had black face in this quest. I didn't notice it the first play through because I wasn't paying attention, I literally thought they were all just redguards. It's only happening in this quest for me. The slaver cave quest did not have this.

Edit: I'm using CBBE 3BA

Edited by rainbowgasm
19 minutes ago, rainbowgasm said:

I just tried it. The quest worked with next to no hic ups (that weren't the fault of other mods).

This is something I just noticed now though, all the male npcs except for the orc had black face in this quest. I didn't notice it the first play through because I wasn't paying attention, I literally thought they were all just redguards. It's only happening in this quest for me. The slaver cave quest did not have this.

Black face bug.  Oops.  I see what happened.  I didn't include any FaceGen data when I repackaged everything.  Gimme a couple minutes to do a proper merge.  Nope nope, facegen data is there.  No idea.  I didn't touch any of the men in the inn, so if you are getting black faces on them (including the husband) I don't think the problem is on my end.

Lemme gen up some new faces and I'll post a patch.

Edited by aurreth

Ok, regenerated fagegen stuff for the Alpha test.  No ESP or anything, meshes and textures only (with correct directory structure).  Just overwrite the alpha test files with these:

Regenerated FaceGen for LBS 3.32 SSE Alpha Test.7z

Mostly this is just to test if my fixes work.  If they do Laura will incorporate them into the next release, and then we'll get a whole new conversion to SSE  :P   She's very busy with RL though, so be patient, or I'll do something really horrible to you in my next fix ?

5 hours ago, aurreth said:

If player==Rainbowgasm
	player.MoveTo(oubliette)
	Tentacles.add()
	Hatch.Close()
	Hatch.Lock()
	Key.ThrowAway()
endIf

I never learned to code but I think I understood that ?

Sorry I took so long, something happened IRL that I couldn't ignore.

I took some screenshots. Doran and the Orc have something weird going on with their hair and I'm not sure if that's on my end or not. Everyone else looks the way they should. The guard took much longer to get up the stairs this time, like he was moon walking, but eventually he made it up.

Unfortunately, I could not complete the quest. Problem solved itself after a few seconds of me running around pressing these buttons: W A S D E F R. Problem is in the spoiler, because it's a spoiler.

Spoiler

I picked "Left Cell Key" up from under the thing, and tried to use it to open the door. The door would not open. The "clicking" sound that the game makes when you interact with an object sounds when I try to open the door, but nothing else happens.

It might have been because I rushed through the objectives too fast. After that, the quest went on normally and finished. I have not played any of the other "Laura's Bondage Shop" quests since installing these fixes.

ScreenShot2.png

ScreenShot5.png

ScreenShot6.png

ScreenShot4.png

ScreenShot3.png

ScreenShot7.png

Edited by rainbowgasm
2 hours ago, 1337DragonWolf said:

I filtered the stuff by group, batch build, even build morphs.

If for some reason the groups are not quite alright or don't contain every item needed, select all items with DD in their name by hand and see if building them that way helps.

Edited by Taki17
9 hours ago, rainbowgasm said:

NPC black face?

Maybe you can try this mod Face Discoloration Fix

11 hours ago, rainbowgasm said:

I took some screenshots. Doran and the Orc have something weird going on with their hair and I'm not sure if that's on my end or not. Everyone else looks the way they should. The guard took much longer to get up the stairs this time, like he was moon walking, but eventually he made it up.

I don't know what causes the hair problem.  I did notice it, but was more concerned with fixing the technical issues than making sure Doran looks mahvelous!  I actually didn't touch Doran or that orc at all, because they seemed to work correctly, probably because the inn where they start only has one floor.

And yes, that guard has problems going up steps for some reason (arrow to the knee?)  I didn't touch him either, because his malfunction was caused by Hinde not being in her cage.

The key was probably script lag.  The whole quest depends very heavily on long Scenes executing and finishing correctly.  It's why any deviation, such as Hinde not being in her cell when talking to the guard, causes massive issues.  With that key I believe you have to wait for Hinde (girl is no end of trouble) to stop talking to you (where she says something like "yay, you found the key") before the door can be unlocked.  The script won't allow you to unlock it "early".

From the screenshots I see the new facegen files worked.  That's good.  I'll take a look at the messed up hair sometime today.

8 hours ago, 1337DragonWolf said:

Okay, I have no idea why, but body stuff like the hobble dress and catsuit are not showing. It has been a while since I've played Skyrim, so I'm a little rusty, I guess. I downloaded the prerequisites, I filtered the stuff by group, batch build, even build morphs.

The mod uses assets from Devious Devices.  If you can't see hobble dresses and catsuits it's because you didn't build DD assets correctly in Bodyslide.  It might be because you picked the wrong type when you installed DD (you have to choose CBBE or UUNP).  If nothing else is working try reinstalling DD.  If you are using 3BA there is a beta set of new Bodyslide files for 5.2 available in the development thread that works very well.