Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

On 2/22/2021 at 2:22 PM, Hirato said:

Hey Laura,

During one of the quests, I got to keep a restraint simply called "Sirrina's Yoke".

I thought it was a nice touch; would you consider having each of the story quests leave you with a novelty restraint like that?

So that once you've reached the conclusion, you're left with a whole set of novelty restraints, with each holding memories and a reminder of their respective step in your adventure.

Thanks. :)

A novelty restraint doesn't fit in every quest and I think it'll be less special when all quests have one. But I'll see if I can add more.

The ring is also kinda like that, but less kinky.

17 hours ago, Robmonster13 said:

This is an awesome mod!  Just finished the story-line quests.  While I do appreciate a good cliff-hanger ending ... I hope the next series of story quests is in the making and will be released sometime soon.  I'd hate to forget the current story by the time the next set of quests are released. ?

Thank you. :blush:

I'm working on it, but it's a lot of work and I'm also not feeling well.

But it's coming, eventually. :P

17 hours ago, Robmonster13 said:

Hide contents

I thought the Jade quest (What She Deserves) was the best quest by far.  The excitement of being outwitted by a foe, being powerless to refuse their commands, and the uncertainty of whether you can get back to the shop.  That was inspired!  Then follow it up with the possibility of accidental enslavement!  I like the way you think! ?

Spoiler

I can't take full credit for that one. Getting confused for the person your going after was @pikachu345's idea. :)

I never actually planned to make story quests, but I wrote a short story to implement the idea. And people liked the story quest a bit too much. :P

Making the story quests is really fun though. It's just a lot of work.

18 hours ago, Robmonster13 said:

This is an awesome mod!  Just finished the story-line quests.  While I do appreciate a good cliff-hanger ending ... I hope the next series of story quests is in the making and will be released sometime soon.  I'd hate to forget the current story by the time the next set of quests are released. ?

Reveal hidden contents

I thought the Jade quest (What She Deserves) was the best quest by far.  The excitement of being outwitted by a foe, being powerless to refuse their commands, and the uncertainty of whether you can get back to the shop.  That was inspired!  Then follow it up with the possibility of accidental enslavement!  I like the way you think! ?

Also, I just realised that like 85% of my story quests are just 'oh no, someone caught you.' :P

7 hours ago, Laura said:

Thanks. :)

A novelty restraint doesn't fit in every quest and I think it'll be less special when all quests have one. But I'll see if I can add more.

The ring is also kinda like that, but less kinky.

I'm working on it, but it's a lot of work and I'm also not feeling well.

But it's coming, eventually. :P

Reveal hidden contents

I can't take full credit for that one. Getting confused for the person your going after was @pikachu345's idea. :)

I never actually planned to make story quests, but I wrote a short story to implement the idea. And people liked the story quest a bit too much. :P

Making the story quests is really fun though. It's just a lot of work.

Well ... your time, dedication, and efforts are DEFINATELY appreciated.  Hope you start felling better soon!

23 minutes ago, kurokurokurokuro said:

Hello, I recently started modding Skyrim and let's say that I absolutly ADORE this mod.

I am however currently in the process of banging my head on the table.

Quest with "Jade", I'm supposed to find a Xayah inside the Blue Palace? .... But where is she?!

stay on main floor and take left down one of hall ways she in one of the rooms. 

8 hours ago, Yuzukisuzuki said:

stay on main floor and take left down one of hall ways she in one of the rooms. 

Thanks a lot!

That hidden door was hidden well... ... In plain sight behind a corner. The classic trap! ?

for the Mod, I am curious. Is it planned in the long run that some quest force you into bondage escape scenario with for example the devious device contraption?

Be forced into a X-cross and have to get out of it by pure struggle?

edit: graaah, now I'm in the slaver den... Have to find the plug but I think it's in the chest that require a key.

The key is nowhere to be found, already gavethe belt, had my blindfold removed to read the journal of slaves in the entrance.

Is there a waltktrought for the quests?

8 hours ago, kurokurokurokuro said:

edit: graaah, now I'm in the slaver den... Have to find the plug but I think it's in the chest that require a key.

The key is nowhere to be found, already gavethe belt, had my blindfold removed to read the journal of slaves in the entrance.

Is there a waltktrought for the quests?

Most - if not all - puzzle solutions can be found in this very thread. The key is in the same room, a bit but not too out of sight.

13 minutes ago, Taki17 said:

Most - if not all - puzzle solutions can be found in this very thread. The key is in the same room, a bit but not too out of sight.

Yes, the content has been spoiled so often, if you're reading this thread there should be no surprises left.

As soon as the new update is published, be sure that there will be spoilers in abundance within five minutes after uploading. Those are the moments where I just hate this forum.

13 hours ago, kurokurokurokuro said:

Hello, I recently started modding Skyrim and let's say that I absolutly ADORE this mod.

2 hours ago, kurokurokurokuro said:

Having to reall all One Hundred Sixty Two pages of this thread to find the solution?

Pretty sur that qualify has a quest in itself. ?

Here we go!

Edit: Found it! I really must change my eyeball mark.I because it has be a constant stream of epic fail so far this week.

Reading all pages to find it would be madness. Whenever you can't find something, try looking where you thought you already looked.

But you really can't find it you can always just ask like you did. No shame in that.

I also sometimes overlook something in a game and ask myself if I'm an idiot. :P

2 hours ago, Laura said:

No need to thank me, the refusal to praise this mod would be disturbing considering the care that can be felt in it.

Sur it's an adult themed mod, but hey we're human so no big deal.

What I really like are the interactions between the two protagonist. Ain't everyday you see character that well written in a mod.

I'm not sur you've seen the question I asked -well more a curiosity really but-

for the Mod, I am curious. Is it planned in the long run that some quest force you into bondage escape scenario with for example the devious device contraption?

Be forced into a X-cross and have to get out of it by pure struggle? -edit, or maybe just a request you can ask to Laura and she place you in the contraption in a special room?

The contraptions inside have animations for the struggle. -Well most of them anyways-

2 hours ago, lanaya1437 said:

Are there any (interesting :)) consequences for being late on the delivery quest?

The reward is less, but that's all. 

For my current character a punishment would be fitting (and welcome? lol) but there isn't one. The only way Laura would add a punishment would be if it was consensual. Like the person you deliver to is mad that you are late and says "You've ruined my plans by being so late. I should complain... but you're kind of pretty. Tell you what, you let me have a good time (sex) with you and I'll tell Laura you delivered on time." And you are given the option to accept, or refuse. The option always has to be there, just like with Swain. It is Laura's way. 

Actually, now that I wrote all that, I really like this idea! @Laura what do you think?     ?

20 hours ago, kurokurokurokuro said:

No need to thank me, the refusal to praise this mod would be disturbing considering the care that can be felt in it.

Sur it's an adult themed mod, but hey we're human so no big deal.

What I really like are the interactions between the two protagonist. Ain't everyday you see character that well written in a mod.

:blush:

Spoiler

:blush::blush::blush:

Spoiler

20 hours ago, kurokurokurokuro said:

I'm not sur you've seen the question I asked -well more a curiosity really but-

The contraptions inside have animations for the struggle. -Well most of them anyways-

I forgot to anwer that. My mind is somewhere else right now.

I thought about using DDc furniture, but I'm not sure about it yet. Sitting still and only being able to struggle limits the player a lot, so it's really hard to keep it fun and interesting. But I haven't given up on it yet.

18 hours ago, lanaya1437 said:

Are there any (interesting :)) consequences for being late on the delivery quest?

Not currently, just less pay. I hate actual punishments, but I am thinking of adding playfull roleplaying stuff later down the line that the player can ask for after a failed delivery.

15 hours ago, JustMe469 said:

The reward is less, but that's all. 

For my current character a punishment would be fitting (and welcome? lol) but there isn't one. The only way Laura would add a punishment would be if it was consensual. Like the person you deliver to is mad that you are late and says "You've ruined my plans by being so late. I should complain... but you're kind of pretty. Tell you what, you let me have a good time (sex) with you and I'll tell Laura you delivered on time." And you are given the option to accept, or refuse. The option always has to be there, just like with Swain. It is Laura's way. 

Actually, now that I wrote all that, I really like this idea! @Laura what do you think?     ?

Honestly, them making you do that is horrible. I'm a bit extreme about this stuff, so this is already too much. Sorry.

13 hours ago, Tetras66 said:

? it's surprisingly hard to think of quests that are not, easier if the player doesn't mind being dominant

?

3 hours ago, Laura said:

Honestly, them making you do that is horrible. I'm a bit extreme about this stuff, so this is already too much. Sorry.

Forced sex may be a bit too much, but how about they put their spare restraints (that they are returning to Laura or want to be rid of) on you and send you back to the shop like that? Laura can then decide whether to unlock you or not.

9 hours ago, Laura said:

I thought about using DDc furniture, but I'm not sure about it yet. Sitting still and only being able to struggle limits the player a lot, so it's really hard to keep it fun and interesting. But I haven't given up on it yet.

An idea for that:
Short-ish, repeatable miniquest, where the player has to model some devices in the shop, so they are put on display in a devious contraption for gold. Sort of like a display model style.

Something like this: Player asks if they can do something easy and/or safe for gold, then they get offered the change to be the store's display model. The player can choose their restraints to wear (maybe with the only limit, that they have to pick at least 3 - MCM configurable), pick the contraption, then a small scene to get them rigged up. After that, Laura walks back behind the counter, makes a remark like "Now we wait." or "Let me know if it gets uncomfortable." etc. Perhaps a few random options to keep a bit of variety. Then the sceen fades to black.

I'm gonna suggest using fading to black as a timeskip, since the player can't really move, and there is no point in waiting out the actual in game time while nothing really happens.

After the timeskip, a few brief, self contained scenes could trigger, picked randomly.

1, Customer walks in, comments on player character, interacts with Laura, then buys what she wants and walks out. Laura then playfully comments that she thinks her 'lovely display piece' helped that sale, and screen fades back to black. - In essence, nothing really happens, just a small scene plays out that the player can watch.

2, Customer walks in, notices player, and asks Laura about them. After a brief exchange, the customer asks the player to struggle a bit (animation only, no actual struggle mechanics), while they check out the restraints. They ask to swap out a few restraints, ask player to stuggle again, then either buy or don't buy before leaving. If they buy, Laura tells the player that they did a good job making that sale, and if the costumer walks out without making a purchase, Laura tells the player that it's ok, some people just want to look.

3, Katarina (not exactly sure if that's what the bodyguard is called sorry, so i'll just call her K.) and Laura start up a small talk. No costumer this time. They start with a few lines of random chatter about a slow day, then they start talking to the player. They asks if she is holding up okay. Player can say (or mmmhp, if gagged) yes or no.
If yes, then Laura and K. have a few more lines of dialog, and ask the player if they are interested in a bet. The bet is, if they can struggle free in a limited time (maybe time limit, maybe struggle attempt limit, if it's possible to implement) they get a bonus at the end of the day. If she can't then they won't unlock her devices until next day (they still let her down from the contraption though). Player can either accept, or decline with no consequences. Laura and K. could also comment on the player's struggles. Laura lightly tease the player, and K. offering advice, like "Try pulling that strap there" and "No no no, that just get's it tighter." Winning the bet earns a congratulations, and player gets to choose either some random restraints, or gold as extra reward. Running out of time (or 'struggle attempts') earns a few teasing lines, and some devices to wear till next morning.
If player sais no to being comfortable, then they can re-pick the contraption and/or devices they are in, or end the day right there. Though ending the day early will have reduced / no pay, depending if this is the first scene or not during the quest. - Could only play once per quest.

4, Costumer walks in, makes very suggestive comments about the player, then talks to Laura. After a while, they ask if the player is for sale. Laura gets upset at the costumer, and tells them you are not a slave, and asks them to drop the topic. At this point the costumer either apologies and the scene plays out either like option 1 or 2, or they keep pressuring the topic, with promts K. to gently asks the costumer at swordpoint to leave. This upsets Laura, so K. and / or a small interaction with the player plays here, reassuring Laura that everything is ok (maybe a clever sequence of mmmhhp-ing if the player is gagged, and assuming Laura is adept enough at gagspeech to get the meaning, or player gets ungagged for the moment). After that everything is well again, and the day resumes.- This could have a lower chance then the others to play, maybe only once or twice per quest.

5, Etc.. No further ideas at the moment. Probably more varied costumer interaction, or whatever the lewd stuff people come up with.

The final scene after the random scenes play out would be fixed, unless player promted out early. Laura frees the player (or just lets them out of the contraption, if player took and lost the bet at option 3) then pays them. Since it's already late, Laura could ask the player if she want to sleep at the shop. If player sais yes, she could either get a spare bed, or ask to sleep in the cage.

This quest would play like this: Player agrees to be display model -> Initial setup scene -> a couple, 2 or 3 (maybe configurable in MCM) random scenes, with fade to black timeskips in between-> Ending Scene. The time passing could be mentioned in dialogue. The player does not need to wait a whole ingame day in the restraints, only showing the interesting bits via the scenes and timeskips in between should be enough.

Forgive me if this has been brought up before, but I'm getting 2 MCM menus, and when I start a quest, the quest doesn't advance properly. It's acting as if the mod were installed twice. I've tried refreshing the MCM menu, removing the mod, cleaning the safe files, and reinstalling the mod. The same thing happens every time. V 3.21 SE. I converted the v3.21 myself to see if it was a conversion issue, and it isn't that I can see.

I figured it out. It was previously merged, then removed from the merge, but not all the files were purged from the merge....smh

I continue to have zero regrets switching over to this mod from Captured Dreams as my go-to DD shop... Laura is just such a more pleasant character to deal with that "The Mistress".

A few idea that have popped into my head for quests/continuations:

1)re-work the delivery quests to be repeatable radiant quests.
2)re-visit the slaver cave at some point, to discover that under "new management", it's become a much more respectable training center for willing slaves.
3)when you visit, there's a chance for another customer to be there buying something.

Also some ideas for how to use devious contraptions:
1)A repeatable quest where you're bound up for a few hours as living signage, either inside the store or just outside.  Specific idea: Laura gives you a potion that gives you complete fire resistance, then puts you in a full set of restrictive ebonite items, before putting you in a contraption to hang over the fire in the middle of the room, showing off how durable ebonite is~
2)some sort of puzzle in a new dungeon, where you have to stay locked into a contraption for a certain amount of time for a door to open.

19 hours ago, lanaya1437 said:

Forced sex may be a bit too much, but how about they put their spare restraints (that they are returning to Laura or want to be rid of) on you and send you back to the shop like that? Laura can then decide whether to unlock you or not.

That could work. :)

13 hours ago, kreston said:

An idea for that:
Short-ish, repeatable miniquest, where the player has to model some devices in the shop, so they are put on display in a devious contraption for gold. Sort of like a display model style.

Something like this: Player asks if they can do something easy and/or safe for gold, then they get offered the change to be the store's display model. The player can choose their restraints to wear (maybe with the only limit, that they have to pick at least 3 - MCM configurable), pick the contraption, then a small scene to get them rigged up. After that, Laura walks back behind the counter, makes a remark like "Now we wait." or "Let me know if it gets uncomfortable." etc. Perhaps a few random options to keep a bit of variety. Then the sceen fades to black.

I'm gonna suggest using fading to black as a timeskip, since the player can't really move, and there is no point in waiting out the actual in game time while nothing really happens.

After the timeskip, a few brief, self contained scenes could trigger, picked randomly.

1, Customer walks in, comments on player character, interacts with Laura, then buys what she wants and walks out. Laura then playfully comments that she thinks her 'lovely display piece' helped that sale, and screen fades back to black. - In essence, nothing really happens, just a small scene plays out that the player can watch.

2, Customer walks in, notices player, and asks Laura about them. After a brief exchange, the customer asks the player to struggle a bit (animation only, no actual struggle mechanics), while they check out the restraints. They ask to swap out a few restraints, ask player to stuggle again, then either buy or don't buy before leaving. If they buy, Laura tells the player that they did a good job making that sale, and if the costumer walks out without making a purchase, Laura tells the player that it's ok, some people just want to look.

3, Katarina (not exactly sure if that's what the bodyguard is called sorry, so i'll just call her K.) and Laura start up a small talk. No costumer this time. They start with a few lines of random chatter about a slow day, then they start talking to the player. They asks if she is holding up okay. Player can say (or mmmhp, if gagged) yes or no.
If yes, then Laura and K. have a few more lines of dialog, and ask the player if they are interested in a bet. The bet is, if they can struggle free in a limited time (maybe time limit, maybe struggle attempt limit, if it's possible to implement) they get a bonus at the end of the day. If she can't then they won't unlock her devices until next day (they still let her down from the contraption though). Player can either accept, or decline with no consequences. Laura and K. could also comment on the player's struggles. Laura lightly tease the player, and K. offering advice, like "Try pulling that strap there" and "No no no, that just get's it tighter." Winning the bet earns a congratulations, and player gets to choose either some random restraints, or gold as extra reward. Running out of time (or 'struggle attempts') earns a few teasing lines, and some devices to wear till next morning.
If player sais no to being comfortable, then they can re-pick the contraption and/or devices they are in, or end the day right there. Though ending the day early will have reduced / no pay, depending if this is the first scene or not during the quest. - Could only play once per quest.

4, Costumer walks in, makes very suggestive comments about the player, then talks to Laura. After a while, they ask if the player is for sale. Laura gets upset at the costumer, and tells them you are not a slave, and asks them to drop the topic. At this point the costumer either apologies and the scene plays out either like option 1 or 2, or they keep pressuring the topic, with promts K. to gently asks the costumer at swordpoint to leave. This upsets Laura, so K. and / or a small interaction with the player plays here, reassuring Laura that everything is ok (maybe a clever sequence of mmmhhp-ing if the player is gagged, and assuming Laura is adept enough at gagspeech to get the meaning, or player gets ungagged for the moment). After that everything is well again, and the day resumes.- This could have a lower chance then the others to play, maybe only once or twice per quest.

5, Etc.. No further ideas at the moment. Probably more varied costumer interaction, or whatever the lewd stuff people come up with.

The final scene after the random scenes play out would be fixed, unless player promted out early. Laura frees the player (or just lets them out of the contraption, if player took and lost the bet at option 3) then pays them. Since it's already late, Laura could ask the player if she want to sleep at the shop. If player sais yes, she could either get a spare bed, or ask to sleep in the cage.

This quest would play like this: Player agrees to be display model -> Initial setup scene -> a couple, 2 or 3 (maybe configurable in MCM) random scenes, with fade to black timeskips in between-> Ending Scene. The time passing could be mentioned in dialogue. The player does not need to wait a whole ingame day in the restraints, only showing the interesting bits via the scenes and timeskips in between should be enough.

These are actually really good. I have a quest planned that's currently called On Display that goes a bit like this. Thank you. :)

12 hours ago, nomkaz said:

Forgive me if this has been brought up before, but I'm getting 2 MCM menus, and when I start a quest, the quest doesn't advance properly. It's acting as if the mod were installed twice. I've tried refreshing the MCM menu, removing the mod, cleaning the safe files, and reinstalling the mod. The same thing happens every time. V 3.21 SE. I converted the v3.21 myself to see if it was a conversion issue, and it isn't that I can see.

I figured it out. It was previously merged, then removed from the merge, but not all the files were purged from the merge....smh

I never merged anything, so I don't know what you're talking about. But I'm glad you figured to out. :P

11 hours ago, circuit said:

I continue to have zero regrets switching over to this mod from Captured Dreams as my go-to DD shop... Laura is just such a more pleasant character to deal with that "The Mistress".

A few idea that have popped into my head for quests/continuations:

1)re-work the delivery quests to be repeatable radiant quests.

I'm not sure what you mean. It's already a repeatable radiant quest.

2)re-visit the slaver cave at some point, to discover that under "new management", it's become a much more respectable training center for willing slaves.

Maybe we'll visit it again. :P But I doubt it's all going to be sunshine and rainbows because Daubeny doesn't accept Holden as the new leader.

3)when you visit, there's a chance for another customer to be there buying something.

That's a good one. I want to add stuff like that after the story is done. :D

Also some ideas for how to use devious contraptions:
1)A repeatable quest where you're bound up for a few hours as living signage, either inside the store or just outside.  Specific idea: Laura gives you a potion that gives you complete fire resistance, then puts you in a full set of restrictive ebonite items, before putting you in a contraption to hang over the fire in the middle of the room, showing off how durable ebonite is~

Not sure about this one. Sounds like a circus act. :P

2)some sort of puzzle in a new dungeon, where you have to stay locked into a contraption for a certain amount of time for a door to open.

I like this one. And then maybe you have to struggle out before the door closes. :)

3 minutes ago, xyzxyz said:

Good to see that you're still alive ^^ it has been a while. The new version only has bugfixes?

Well, I wouldn't say alive. But there is no new version. I cleaned up the main post and I can't do that without the site giving everyone a notification.