Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

11 hours ago, Taki17 said:

So I noticed the shop uses a generic shop sign

Good idea to do something about that ?

4 hours ago, Gräfin Zeppelin said:

âm I mistaken or has she really a ball gag

? I was thinking the same...maybe we would either need a two-coloured version or a slightly exaggerated shape to make it more obvious

How about a writing underneath or above the head: "Laura's"?

E.g. like below in the spolier, I like the style of the font:

Spoiler

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fskyrim.gamepedia.com%2Fmedia%2Fskyrim.gamepedia.com%2Fb%2Fbe%2FSign_BanneredMare.png&f=1

12 hours ago, Taki17 said:

So I noticed the shop uses a generic shop sign, so the mood struck and I tried my hand in creating a custom one, because why the hell not. What do you all think?

Hide contents

20190318200311_1.jpg.e7e43a3912abd7fac98ad780b7123d9c.jpg

That's a nice base, imho it could use a bit more of detail, maybe a bit more of contrast

11 hours ago, LadyMikoto said:

I have yet to try this mod out, but right now I'm only using Skyrim SE. It says in the description it's compatible, but should I optimize any meshes and convert the .ESP to form 44 before using it on SSE? Thanks in advance.

From the images, it looks great. Nice to see the shop owner wearing a catsuit. ?

It doesn't fully work with SSE yet. The shop part is fine, but the quests can cause issues. It doesn't say that it's compatible with SSE, I left that part blank because I wasn't sure.

I have someone that's converting it for me, but progress is slow. You can ofcourse convert it yourself if you want.

7 hours ago, sargent256 said:

this is a great mod, I love the story and all the characters so far, keep up the amazing work, can't wait to see what else you add~

heh and maybe if its possible, add a dating option for laura or katarina XP 

Thank you. :D

I was thinking of adding something like romance options, but I'm not sure.

13 hours ago, Taki17 said:

So I noticed the shop uses a generic shop sign, so the mood struck and I tried my hand in creating a custom one, because why the hell not. What do you all think?

Reveal hidden contents

20190318200311_1.jpg.e7e43a3912abd7fac98ad780b7123d9c.jpg

Holy shit, that looks amazing. The shop could use something like that.

If you want, here's the source pic with greenscreen:

enb 2018_10_10 17_22_28_52.bmp

Took your suggestions and used the image Laura kindly provided and came up with the following as the next iteration for a sign. Thoughts?

Spoiler

20190319194506_1.jpg.2359d061632d808df0fd51711cc5bd18.jpg

One minor annoyance though, is that the sign is mirrored on the backside.

2 hours ago, Taki17 said:

Took your suggestions and used the image Laura kindly provided and came up with the following as the next iteration for a sign. Thoughts?

I'd suggest moving the head a bit to the left. Remember that the focus should be on the head itself, not the ponytail. Like it is now, it is too right-centric, if I may phrase it like that.

Otherwise, very nice work. :)

2 hours ago, Taki17 said:

Hide contents

That looks amazing.

Like @Twycross448 said, it would look even better if the head was centered more.

13 hours ago, Taki17 said:

Hide contents

can't you just duplicate the mesh, turn it 180º and put it back to back, so both side will look the same and not mirrored?

I worked some more on the sign - did the centering, created a normal map and also switched out the base model, as I discovered the original was full of random holes and misalignments along the edge. Fortunately, this new one is uv mapped differently as well, and there is no more mirrored texture on the other side. What do you all think?

Spoiler

20190320172804_1.jpg.6878da4ef1a1b0addfc23cb7c1543c22.jpg

20190320172830_1.jpg.64582c9e1328d92e6380e948d3a3c2be.jpg

As I don't plan on hijacking this thread much longer with my vanity project, and unless someone discovers some glaring errors with it, I'd consider this version finished.

On 3/19/2019 at 6:36 AM, LadyMikoto said:

I have yet to try this mod out, but right now I'm only using Skyrim SE. It says in the description it's compatible, but should I optimize any meshes and convert the .ESP to form 44 before using it on SSE? Thanks in advance.

From the images, it looks great. Nice to see the shop owner wearing a catsuit. ?

Hi I have been using this on sse since first release, installed mid game updated for each new release and have had no problems, works great. I optimized nifs but did NOT resave to form 44. Try it and see if it works for you, you can always go back to an earlier save...

Found a bit of a grammar error under LauraShopDialog_STC3a

"I can also remove them for free, but I'll take them as payment. Do you want to me take them before you go?" "to" and "me" are in the wrong order. And maybe an "off" is missing, as in "take them off"? Wasn't apparent for me first either.

9 hours ago, Taki17 said:

Found a bit of a grammar error under LauraShopDialog_STC3a

"I can also remove them for free, but I'll take them as payment. Do you want to me take them before you go?" "to" and "me" are in the wrong order. And maybe an "off" is missing, as in "take them off"? Wasn't apparent for me first either.

I found it and fixed it. I swapped the "to" and "me" and I added the "off".

The "off" wasn't there intentionally, but it's clearer with it in.

Thanks for letting me know.

Laura, out of curiosity, does your shop also sell non-devious devices? You know, like the ones from this old mod: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2524-non-devious-devices/

I admit, the value is mostly questionable, but I have to say it is kind of nice to have at least a few of the items (like catsuits and corresponding boots and gloves or nipple piercings) as non-devious devices, just for the looks. ^_^"

And since I am in the process of starting a new game anyways (after kicking out Deviously Cursed Loot and re-installing PoP), I'd like to give your mod a try. Partially to replace the dollmakers shop from DCL. I need *some* place to shop for stuff. :)

12 minutes ago, Twycross448 said:

Laura, out of curiosity, does your shop also sell non-devious devices? You know, like the ones from this old mod: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/2524-non-devious-devices/

I admit, the value is mostly questionable, but I have to say it is kind of nice to have at least a few of the items (like catsuits and corresponding boots and gloves or nipple piercings) as non-devious devices, just for the looks. ^_^"

And since I am in the process of starting a new game anyways (after kicking out Deviously Cursed Loot and re-installing PoP), I'd like to give your mod a try. Partially to replace the dollmakers shop from DCL. I need *some* place to shop for stuff. :)

There are no non-locking devices for sale. Like you said the value is mostly questionable, but it would be nice for catsuits and stuff. I'll give it some thought.

Just got back in to Skyrim and finally tested this mod out. I really liked the What she deserves quest and I like the approach to the other 2 quests I played, getting tied up in the super tight bondage for a little while and then switching to the less limiting stuff is nice. Sometimes when you're playing a mod it can get a bit boring if you get stuck in the more extreme stuff for too long but I think this has a good balance and I can't wait to see more.

23 hours ago, Twycross448 said:

Thank you, Laura. Just, thank you. ?

:blush:

18 hours ago, JelloBiafra said:

Just got back in to Skyrim and finally tested this mod out. I really liked the What she deserves quest and I like the approach to the other 2 quests I played, getting tied up in the super tight bondage for a little while and then switching to the less limiting stuff is nice. Sometimes when you're playing a mod it can get a bit boring if you get stuck in the more extreme stuff for too long but I think this has a good balance and I can't wait to see more.

Thank you so much. I spend a lot of time figuring about how to balance it, so this means a lot. :D

got a question.

is it possible to add in random convos between laura and katarina?  one where they are talking about needing more items. maybe as a way to let the player know that seeking the curse quest is ready again? laura could say something like "we are getting low on new items. i think i am going to go and look for some more." and kata could  say "no you are not! oh look our friend has just arrived, maybe you can ask her to find some more items for you"

i think that would be a fun little scene to make if it is possible. you would just have to program a trigger for it. you might even have variations of the scene, where kata asks you to talk her out of trying to go get new items.

hey, i need a little help with a problem. During the "seeking the curse" quest, the "though ring gag" will be equipped on the PC but it will not show on the PCs head. any other gags from DD seem to work. I already rebuidling everything in bodyslide but nothing seemed to work.

pls send help.