From the quest point of view in the old Devious Deviant quest there is a bypass to get the Forbidden Tome. It was a great little quest the first few times but after the 10th time it became extremely repetitive, so the bypass was a useful addition.

OTOH if it's based on a radiant quest system then it will work well and there would be no need for a bypass, though it would be preferable to avoid high level dungeons (Dragon Priests) and Solstheim as they are too difficult for a low level pc.

This is a sex mod, so personally I would not want to see it tied to DD as suggested earlier.

I do have some other Mods that use BDSM DD & Furniture stuff...

But, my take on this Mod is, the core purpose was to feature various hard to come by animations such as the creature group sex animations in a way that they could be triggered through normal gameplay with some additional mechanics that added some fun to it... - That was the goal at least. 

So yes, I don't really intend to add DD content to this. One of the main problems with adding DD here would be, the animations aren't really designed for DD, and having the animations show-cased is a major factor of this Mod - so it's not a great fit. (Maybe ankle shackles could be fun with 4 Draugr's in pursuit though). :classic_tongue:

Anyway, I do appreciate the ideas, there's some interesting ones, and glad you guys are having fun with the Mod.

I was wondering if there is an alternative way to earn the cum from the priestesses? Some of us have characters that aren't all that into having sex with the ladies. If not, the easiest way would presumably be to allow the PC to just donate to the temple instead, but maybe we could help perform some out-of-house services? I mean, before the Sybil is recovered the priestesses are all busy Communing in the basement (except for the one who's stuck guarding the foyer), and afterwards there's bound to be a backlog that's built up while they were otherwise preoccupied. Maybe the Jarl's dogs need "calming" or Calcelmo wants to run some experiments and needs someone to, uh, interact with various Dwemer constructs while he... takes... notes? Yeah, notes. Or someone needs to make the rounds with the guards in the tower next door (pleasurable, but time consuming, and they're so very busy).

In any case, it's pretty easy to additem yourself some priestess cum (if you travel to Markarth first it's barely even cheating), so it's not like it's a deal breaker. And if an alternative way _was_ added in one of the 47 updates that came out this week and I missed it, I apologise for making silly suggestions. :)

love your mods. but i have a question. when i bought and drank skeever phermones from the carivan, the phermones did not show up in magic effects as they normally do.  how do the phermones you buy from carivans work and how do the strong phermones work.  I had several phermones active and one one kept playing and magic showed i had strong phermones.

and does this still work with billy animations now that a new version came out that organizes the animations differently.

17 minutes ago, theban1350 said:

love your mods. but i have a question. when i bought and drank skeever phermones from the carivan, the phermones did not show up in magic effects as they normally do.  how do the phermones you buy from carivans work and how do the strong phermones work.  I had several phermones active and one one kept playing and magic showed i had strong phermones.

and does this still work with billy animations now that a new version came out that organizes the animations differently.

Yeah, I still had a block for multiple pheromones on the khajiit drinks, but this will be removed next update. The strong pheromones will need to be removed or wear off to get the effects to stop refreshing.

Everything should work fine with Billyy's new animations. I was actually just doing a clean save and was about to test out myself. I will need to add support for the new F+F+Gargoyle anim, probably this will end up being a Female Vampire + Gargoyle combo...

3 hours ago, Schrymp said:

I was wondering if there is an alternative way to earn the cum from the priestesses? Some of us have characters that aren't all that into having sex with the ladies. If not, the easiest way would presumably be to allow the PC to just donate to the temple instead, but maybe we could help perform some out-of-house services? I mean, before the Sybil is recovered the priestesses are all busy Communing in the basement (except for the one who's stuck guarding the foyer), and afterwards there's bound to be a backlog that's built up while they were otherwise preoccupied. Maybe the Jarl's dogs need "calming" or Calcelmo wants to run some experiments and needs someone to, uh, interact with various Dwemer constructs while he... takes... notes? Yeah, notes. Or someone needs to make the rounds with the guards in the tower next door (pleasurable, but time consuming, and they're so very busy).

I'll think about some more ways to clear strong pheromones. :classic_smile:

Some new stuff...

1.1.9:

• Added support for Billyy's new SLAL release including special handling for the F + F + Gargoyle animation - with a female Vampire + Gargoyle combo.
    • You will want to DL and install Billyy's v1.53 pack before updating to 1.1.9 of this Mod.
  • Fixed facegen data for Female Vampire spawn and Dremora so their heads should match their bodies.
  • Getting multi pheromones from drinking multiple Khajiit Vendor pheromone potions will no longer be blocked.
  • Fixed Dwarven Sphere slider in MCM.

is there a way to reduce the pheromone duration, or randomize the kind of encounters the pheromones will attract so that the encounters become more varied and unpredictable? can the pheromones be reset once one type of creature is attracted and a scene is played with that creature type?

35 minutes ago, Slorm said:

Odd one but I've doubled checked it. I had a Boar pheromone applied but I got a wolf porting in (in console it's showing as a canine tag for the animation)

I don't see anything funny in the script.

Do you have boar and only boar pheromones or do you also have wolf?

Keep in mind you can have up to 55 pheromones simultaneously now, and which one spawns in could be randomized depending on where you are. Wolves and Boars will pretty much spawn in the same locations, so if you have both active, which one you get could be random.

Ran a test and with only Boars selected, I'd get only Boars consistently:

image.png.eb573569aebd1e219e7860d39884b14c.png

Sorry to bug you but I've been running into a problem.  Just saw you have been busy updating stuff.  I'm running 115 and it just stops after about 3 or 4 attacks so I have to do a clean save and reload it.  Done that about 5 times now  I'll try the new version and see if there is any difference.  Might be a day or so to get back to you on that.

8 hours ago, Hugh Reckum said:

I don't see anything funny in the script.

Do you have boar and only boar pheromones or do you also have wolf?

Keep in mind you can have up to 55 pheromones simultaneously now, and which one spawns in could be randomized depending on where you are. Wolves and Boars will pretty much spawn in the same locations, so if you have both active, which one you get could be random.

Ran a test and with only Boars selected, I'd get only Boars consistently:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.eb573569aebd1e219e7860d39884b14c.png

It looks like it's a problem with the install. I uninstalled it cleaned and reinstalled and then I got a boar.

I had quite a few pheromones running earlier while I was going through Fellglow Keep and what was odd was that the Boar one was showing in the effects menu even though stealth was on (that's how I noticed it). So I guess something glitched along the way and maybe some timers got mixed up or something. I've attached a log with the wolf spawn, though it's academic now

Papyrus.0.log

Update! 

• Added 74 new creature variants! These are alternates of existing creatures such as Riekling Chiefs, Frost Trolls, different colored Spiders, different Draugr types, but some are so different that they're basically new creatures. You will now see things like Frost Giants, Death Hounds, Glowing Vale Deers, Armored Huskies, Werebears, etc... There's also 10 different kinds of Dragons.
  • Support has been added for Riekling Boar-Riders and the corresponding animations, they have a possibility to spawn with existing Boar Pheromones.
  • Added MCM slider option so duration of Pheromones effect and Strong Pheromones effects can both be changed.
    • Note, this is accomplished using SKSE functions, but, per the documentation, the change must be done before the effects are applied, it won't change duration of existing magic effects. - So if you already have Strong pheromones for instance, changing the Slider won't help, you would need to have done it before you caught them.
  • Increased the robustness of randomization functions inside non-wilderness location area spawns (wilderness is already fully random). - I'm doing a rough simulation of arrays of arrays of arrays (technical stuff), but it should basically feel completely random now.

Hello Hugh,

You wrote this: "Added 74 new creature variants!"

In my current game there are 3 mods which give new variants and monsters: Skyrim Immersive Creatures, SkyTEST and Deadly Dragons.

Tbh, I'm a bit afraid to install this new version... Will it work together with the mentioned mods?

Thanks,

M

11 minutes ago, Slorm said:

Thank you :beer:

YW ?

8 minutes ago, monsta88 said:

Hello Hugh,

You wrote this: "Added 74 new creature variants!"

In my current game there are 3 mods which give new variants and monsters: Skyrim Immersive Creatures, SkyTEST and Deadly Dragons.

Tbh, I'm a bit afraid to install this new version... Will it work together with the mentioned mods?

Thanks,

M

If it was working for you before I don't see any reason why it wouldn't continue to do so... But, I'm not able to fully test every other Mod's compatibility issues with my own.

If people can tell me about issues that come up, I might be able to find a solution to fix the compatibility, but right now I don't know for sure with those Mods as I don't personally use them.

11 minutes ago, Hugh Reckum said:

If it was working for you before I don't see any reason why it wouldn't continue to do so... But, I'm not able to fully test every other Mod's compatibility issues with my own.

If people can tell me about issues that come up, I might be able to find a solution to fix the compatibility, but right now I don't know for sure with those Mods as I don't personally use them.

My current game has 230+ mods, tons of hours in it and it is very stable, that's why I'm hesitant. I may do a fork to try this new version and test it, but I can't promise it.

This mod sounds really good, will try it out asap .
I'm a bit afraid about the new creatures .
I avoided every mod that added new creatures because they fucked up something or didnt looked well, or didnt aligned good.

Hope nothing here is the case :D

Do the spawned creatures disappear again or simply staying there ?

Just to clarify, the creatures added are variants of existing creatures that can already be found in the base game and DLCs. 

So for instance, you could get Horse pheromones before, but it was really only one type of horse that would spawn.

Now, a standard horse, black horse, black and white horse, bone horse, grey horse, palomino, and shadow mare can all spawn, and different combinations of them when they spawn in groups. These are all creatures that can be found in the base game and DLC, the last update just expanded all the different variants that can spawn so there's a lot more variety...

4 hours ago, Hugh Reckum said:

Update! 

• Added 74 new creature variants! These are alternates of existing creatures such as Riekling Chiefs, Frost Trolls, different colored Spiders, different Draugr types, but some are so different that they're basically new creatures. You will now see things like Frost Giants, Death Hounds, Glowing Vale Deers, Armored Huskies, Werebears, etc... There's also 10 different kinds of Dragons.

Heh, the mod is getting better and better - these are the types of minor polish features that probably take a lot of effort to implement for no mechanical change to the mod, but IMO add a *lot* to the longevity/variety of said mod.  Thank god for the recently added .json export/import, since I've been in the habit of updating whenever something you release seems interesting (which is most updates) even if I don't intend to play Skyrim properly soon.

Minor suggestion - I think it may be time to stick the most of the previous changelogs into a spoiler, since right now 3/4 of the length of the download page is all changelog. :classic_tongue:  Altho it is a bit of a statement to how much work you've done on the mod in the short time since its release!

i'm wondering if there's a way to control the variables involved in this mod when testing it? i drank 3 pots and ingested wolf troll and canine pheromones, and stood in a "wilderness" location for over 30 real time minutes, with nothing spawning. i have had creatures also spawn in the exact same spot, and play a scene as it is supposed to, so it should be considered a wilderness area. i'm not sure why there's such a variance in the time, and i'm trying to figure out if it's something i'm doing on my end which isn't fulfilling the requirements for a spawn to trigger, or if i'm just bad luck with the spawn randomizer, or if the mod just isn't working. 

how often does the mod run a check to decide whether or not to spawn creatures? is it a random chance for it to spawn when it does run the check? can a debug message be spit out if we have stealth mode turned off to show whether the spawn check passed or failed?

EDIT:  according to papyrus log i think this mod did try to spawn something:

[10/14/2018 - 01:18:10PM] Error: Cannot place a None object
stack:
    [ (00000014)].Actor.PlaceAtMe() - "<native>" Line ?
    [SPPheromones (E5000D62)].slpheromonescontrolscript.Spawn() - "SLPheromonesControlScript.psc" Line ?
    [SPPheromones (E5000D62)].slpheromonescontrolscript.EvaluateForms() - "SLPheromonesControlScript.psc" Line ?
    [SPPheromones (E5000D62)].slpheromonescontrolscript.AddForms() - "SLPheromonesControlScript.psc" Line ?
    [SPPheromones (E5000D62)].slpheromonescontrolscript.RepeatItems() - "SLPheromonesControlScript.psc" Line ?
    [SPPheromones (E5000D62)].slpheromonescontrolscript.RepeatItems() - "SLPheromonesControlScript.psc" Line ?
    [SPPheromones (E5000D62)].slpheromonescontrolscript.InitialRepeat() - "SLPheromonesControlScript.psc" Line ?
    [SPPheromones (E5000D62)].slpheromonescontrolscript.RandomCreature() - "SLPheromonesControlScript.psc" Line ?
    [SPPheromones (E5000D62)].slpheromonescontrolscript.RandomCreature() - "SLPheromonesControlScript.psc" Line ?

<truncated stack>

22 hours ago, Hugh Reckum said:

Some new stuff...

1.1.9:

• Added support for Billyy's new SLAL release including special handling for the F + F + Gargoyle animation - with a female Vampire + Gargoyle combo.
    • You will want to DL and install Billyy's v1.53 pack before updating to 1.1.9 of this Mod.

Seeing this addition (not something I expected the mod to cover, but it definitely fits the goal of "making difficult to trigger animations happen") - there are a handful of other animations like this from other authors.  Though I'd try to compile a quick list of the ones I have incase you wanted to expand this functionality.

MoreNastyCritters (Leito animations)

• LeitoCanineMFC
  • LeitoCanineMFC2
  • LeitoCanine Noncon

Anubs SLAL pack

• Anubs Troll FFM Threesome
  • Anubs Werewolf Consentual FFM Threesome
  • Anubs Male Female Wolf
  • Anubs Male Female Dog

I think the idea of a vampire being the other human in these animations works best theme wise, since they are known to have mind-control abilities (and the canine animations could be with death hounds).

Random question - how does the gargoyle version (and likely these other options if you choose to add them) trigger?  Is it a chance with gargoyle pheromones, chance with vampire pheromones or do you need gargoyle and vampire at the same time?  I only ask because if it is the latter, I think it would be extremely rare for these types of animations to trigger... moreso personally because I've had vampires disabled since they are essentially just humanoid NPCs and I have other mods that cover those animations happening randomly.

Last chain post as I actually did some testing with 1.2.0: 

Mod Conflict

Unfortunate mod conflict to report due to the change you added to have creatures spawn with very high arousal - the creatures are being picked up by the Aroused Creatures mod since they are not considered to be in combat and have arousal over the threshold set in that mod's MCM menu.  This was likely a possible issue before the change, but rarely came up as creatures would typically be killed or catch the player before arousal had a chance to properly calculate and pick a random value over the Aroused Creature threshold (or if a user had a very low arousal value for AC).  With them starting at high arousal however, Aroused Creatures can pick them up in seconds and send them after a nearby follower or NPC, over-riding their pheromones AI.

It *almost* could be considered a cool interaction rather than a conflict, except Pheromones is obviously not set up to deal with its creatures starting sex scenes with other NPCs mid-chase and all kinds of weirdness can happen.  I found getting caught by one creature while the other is already "busy" caused the resulting sex scene to break and the creature to permanently fake-attack the player until killed, and walking within range of a creature in a SL scene that was still "chasing" the player caused the "your holes are filled" message to show up and the creature to instantly despawn. 

There are a few fixes I can think of that may work:

• Add an MCM menu toggle for the initial creature arousal - those with AC could turn this off and just have to live with the creatures not having a raging hard-on while chasing
  • Put your creatures in the defeat or submit calmed status - Aroused Creatures ignores creatures it detects as being affected by Defeat or Submit, so it doesn't interfere with those scenes.  I think you may be able to put those flags on your spawned NPCs and have AC completely ignore them, altho I'm not sure if you could do that without a soft-dependency.
  • Put your creatures in a named scene of some sort - I believe AC also ignores creatures it detects as being part of a scene.
  • Most complicated option - add coding to treat pheromones creatures animating in Sexlab as "dead" for the purposes of the mod, such as calculating the largest possible animation group or if they should trigger a capture if the player gets close to them, and also have them despawn afterwards.  "It's not a bug, it's a feature!"