Things In The Dark MODIFIED

View File

It is fixed and modified version of famous mod "Things in the Dark" by Delzaron (based at 2.11 original version).
This is ONLY update: esp and all scripts. You need to install original "Things in the dark" and all its requirements first. Original mod page is:

There is ALOT of bugfixes, that allow come throught quest without using console, but also there is ALOT of new dialogs, objectives and scenes for better quest understanding feeling and sight.

Rate of works is not fast, cause tehre is lot of bugs in original mod, and every change need alot of testing (and i make new bugs sometimes). After some changes need to retest all previous quests, dye to variables changes - so yes, it's not fast enough.
Also i'm have an business trip every month for one week, so this week i can't made or test changes.
In my plans to make this awesome mod completely working.

Previously i posted updates in "Things in the Dark" forum topic, so if you want early version of this mod you can look there

For russian gamers: there is still alot of english texts, cause i'm using english version for develop. I'm translate FIXED mod parts to russian, but all texts beyond changes are in english

And yes, i know that Delzaron want to remade this mod with totaly new version. But i believe there is better to have this one version in working state. 

Disclaimer: mostly scripts and quest logic are intended for direct walkthrough. Do not try to evade quest line or you can meet bugs which i'm not fixed

Full changelist:

aTID 2.3 fixes by Jahem Kinkaid
You NEED to use save BEFORE "Tunneling" quest starts ("in the Underworld..." quest MUST be NOT completed). Overwise you'll have alot of bugs: alot of aliases changed so if quest already active they become broken.
You'll also need to save before completing "Be a Thing in the Dark" and starting "Falmer Servant" for future updates! The best way to do it - saving before talking with Anezka.

I still didn't new Russian translating. Latest translates based on 2.24a version.

It's major update because "Part 0" and "Part 1" is ready for walktrough. I still want to make some changes for entire this parts quests for better story feeling, but will do it in future updates
+ fixes and missing content restoring for "Tunneling" quests in "Part 1". There is stil a bug exist with marker in the "Meet Daithe near Slaves Barracks" quest. For unknown reason it never shown right way. So you need just remember where barracks is.
+ fixes and missing content restoring for "Whispers are coming" quests in "Part 1"
+ fixes for "Be a Thing in the Dark" quests in "Part 1"

aTID 2.25 fixes by Jahem Kinkaid 
NO ADDITIONAL RUSSIAN TRANSLATE for this version - it takes alot of time. Cause there is alot of dialogs, objectives and scenes changes previous translates for 2.1 original mod is NOT COMPATIBLE with 2.2+

+ major compatibility fix for mines part scene. Now quest doesn't stuck when sleep on bed and Dangerous Nights (or similar) scenes started.
Hashep quest line
BECAUSE IT FIRST correction for this quest line, few bugs may remain. I passed this quest twice, but it not guarantee ?
+ quest objectives rearange to make them more clear
+ skip quest from Servant Slave part so no more repeating in quests list
+ axes quest fixes (missed markers, dialogs and stages stucking, objectives counters)
+ minor mushrooms quest fixes (dialogs and stages stucking, objectives counters) (no markers there so you need to find eggs and mushrooms by own)
+ fixes for meat quest (new objectives, missed markers, stages stucking)
+ meat changes: there is new scene where you can kill meat slave or let it live (with additional sex scene reward)
+ salmon quest fixes (add counter for items to objectives)

aTID 2.24a fixes by Jahem Kinkaid 
+ retest all quests from the beginning till farm slave part begins and fixed minor glitches i met
+ fixed wrong alias for Mines part that can cause quest start skipping
+ deleted ForceGreet package for Luna Nerva that can be annoying with Mines quests walkthrough
+ fixed one bugged (if only Zaz indtaled) sex scene for train subquest
+ remove clients counter decreasing if client refuse sex for Simza subquest
+ russian translate typo fixes

aTID 2.24 fixes by Jahem Kinkaid 
New game or clean save is HIGHLY recomended.
+ fixed all Papirys errors on mod initialising 
+ fixes all Papirys error on quests till "Slave Job: Farm Slave" starts
+ all quests actors now HAVE NO optional flag on for stability reason
+ fixed for repeated quests completing at Slave quests part
aTID1SlaveJobMine and subquests:
+ player slave career now starts from this quest part instead "Servant Slave"
+ fix for errors, objectives, dialogs for this quest and all subquests
+ add new scene to mines part

aTID 2.23 fixes by Jahem Kinkaid 
aTID1SlaveJobDaithe - "Slave Job: Servant Slave" 
+ changes for dialogs tree for better tasks understanding
+ remove debug options (hide by variable value) it can be turned on via Creation Kit if need testing
+ fixed bugs, new and changed dialogs, scripts, objectives for all subquests (train, whore, milking, arena, breeding, master tasks, noble task) at Servant job line all can be done without console until next quest line (Farm Job quests) received
+ all subquests listed above moved from misc quests to regular at questbook
+ to avoid quests repeating they have an order: arena, train, whore, milking, master task, breeding. You need to success each quest.
+ additional arena job tasks
+ translate quest and subquets to russian
aTID0SideQuestCrux  - A Nail too close...
+ fix for scene - all scene dialogs now shown
+ now it able to skip sex with Lunetta
+ translate quest to russian

aTID 2.22 fixes by Jahem Kinkaid
+ new and changed dialogs, objectives and scenes for "Lurking Fear" questline for better scenary understanding and quest feeling.
+ few additional minor bugfixes for "Inquiry in Whindhelm..." and "Lurking Fear"
aTID1Slave
+ Frabbi have an ForceGreet package on quest start so no more escapes from room until dialog with player

aTID 2.21 fixes by Jahem Kinkaid
aTID1Begin  - Inquiry in Windhelm
+ new dialogs, objectives and scenes. 

aTID 2.2 fixes by Jahem Kinkaid
aTID1Begin
+ rename first quest caption from "Inquiry in Whiterun..." to "Inquiry in Whindhelm..."
+ change objective name from "Talk to Jorleif or Captain Lonely-gale" to "Talk to Windhelm steward" and quest pointer corectly mark steward NPC no matter who is it for now: Jorleif of Lonely-gale
+ teleport Frabbi to player upon reach sign under bridge (cause sometimes she can't reach player with common way)
+ sign under bridge moved to other side of river for Frostfall users (no more need to swim in cold water after scenes end)
aTID1Falmer
+ first objective for quest "The Lurking Fear.." changed from "Talk to Frabbi" to "Meet Frabbi at Candlehearth Hall" and quest pointer mark the inn door instead Frabbi
+ new objective "Talk to Frabbi" upon entering to "Candlehearth Hall"
+ Frabbi have sandbox AI package when waiting player at Inn and will wait here for player, when he need it by other quest
+ poison warlock corectly spawn in club location where he need to be after player talking to Frabbi
+ fixes for windhelm dialogues when seeking for Derleth family
+ fixes for scene at Derleth farm
+ fixes for dialogs after Frabbi gone

Fixing Progress (only main quest stages are listed):

Spoiler

Part 0
    Inquiry in Windhelm - 100%
    The Lurking Fear - 100%
Part1
    In the Underworld - 100%
        Slave Job: Mine Slave (and all subquests) - 100%
        Slave Job: Servant Slave (and all subquests) - 100%
        Slave job: Farm Slave (and all subquests) - 100%
    Tunneling - 100%
    Whispers are coming - 100%
    Be a Thing in the Dark - 100%
Part 2
    Falmer Servant - 0%
    Servant's Life - 0%
    Extend Ibn Influence: First Missions - 0%
    Serving a little girl - 0%
    Extend Ibn Influence: a Way to Markarth - 0%
    Raider: first lessons - 0%
    Extend Ibn Influence: Whiterun Hold Outpost - 0%
    Until it burns out - 0%
    Slaver: Trainers Training - 0%
    Mutator: A new strain - 0%
    Temple: Serving the God - 0%
    Whispers and Broodmaidens: Bothela - 0%
    Extend Ibn influence: to the North, part 1 - 0%
    Extend Ibn influence: to the North, part 2 - 0%

Part 3
    Extend Ibn Influence: Rorikstead - 0%
    Underworld Plots - 0%
    Underworld war: Blackreach Outpost - 0%
    Causes and consequences - 0%
    Mutator: Cerebral tendrills - 0%
    New slavery partners - 0%
    Temple: things from the past - 0%
    Temple: Horror from the past - 0%
    Whispers and Broodmaidens: Sara and Elia - 0%
    A gift for the Old One - 0%
    The Underworld's great old One - 0%

Part 4
    Extend Ibn Influence: cultists recruitment - 0%
    TID Epilogue: New Perspectives - 0%
    TID Epilogue: visions of an outer world - 0%

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    08/18/2018
  • Category
  • Requires
    SexLab, More Nasty critters, Fuz ro doh, Dawnguard, ZAZ, Things In Thee Dark
  • Special Edition Compatible
    Not Applicable

View File

2 hours ago, chevalierx said:

thank you good work

i never finish this mod duo bugs

i play up choice become flamer then bugs ...........................bugs

3 times i try this mod never bypass after you become one of them

2.24a will come in hour or two with some additional hotfixes for mines slave part. i'm curently retesting quest from begining and found some issues i miss for fix

7 hours ago, Damicles said:

Is their anyway this mod can be put on the special edition ?

it's useles uintill full fixes implemented. mod is basocaly doesnt work dye to large amount of bugs

whewn i finish may be someone will convert it (not me, cause i know nothing about models/textures)

Even without trying it yet because i recently don't play Skyrim, i have to say i love you for your attitude. ?

The original mod was very promising but buggy, and Delzarons announced changes didn't sound as good. Especially since i had some doubts if a new version would have less bugs. He's very creative and great at creating environments, but as a coder... i'm not convinced.^^

Very nice! Thats the smoothest ive ever seen the intro to this mod! I did encounter a problem with my first slave task though. It says to go to the mines but there is no quest marker and Luna Nerva has no dialogue options other than "please help me" and  the {more options} from SD+

Looking forward to continued progress!

9 hours ago, real1397681 said:

Very nice! Thats the smoothest ive ever seen the intro to this mod! I did encounter a problem with my first slave task though. It says to go to the mines but there is no quest marker and Luna Nerva has no dialogue options other than "please help me" and  the {more options} from SD+

Looking forward to continued progress!

hm.. i'm sure i fixed it with 2.24a version. can u give me a save? i'll check what is going wrong

On 8/21/2018 at 7:29 AM, Jahem_kinkaid said:

sweet ? then i can focus on farm part ?

Sweet! One more thing I did notice is though, you cannot fail the mine delivery mission. If you eat some of the food the text displays as if you should be punished, but it leads to a dead end in the quest. Just a heads up. Oh and also the skeevers near the farm are hostile, not sure if thats intentional.

7 hours ago, real1397681 said:

Sweet! One more thing I did notice is though, you cannot fail the mine delivery mission. If you eat some of the food the text displays as if you should be punished, but it leads to a dead end in the quest. Just a heads up. Oh and also the skeevers near the farm are hostile, not sure if thats intentional.

thanks for reporting i'll check it

Hi there. Mod is running smoothly so far, but Frabbi never meets me back at the inn after I am supposed to develop a plan and she is supposed to gather information. I tried several things, including teleporting to her, but no luck. I might be missing something, but I'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated.

2 hours ago, Stev333125 said:

Hi there. Mod is running smoothly so far, but Frabbi never meets me back at the inn after I am supposed to develop a plan and she is supposed to gather information. I tried several things, including teleporting to her, but no luck. I might be missing something, but I'm not sure. Any help would be appreciated.

can u load from bridge scene, complete it, then come to tavern where Frabbi need to be and then sent to me "C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Logs\Script\Papyrus.0.log"?

and. do you have CandleHearth Inn modifying mod installed? there may be conflicts. better way to check it - plase TID mod right before Bashed Patch (if u have one) or as last mod in your mod order