Things In The Dark MODIFIED

9 hours ago, Stev333125 said:

Just wanted to let you know that I tried making a new game and I got it to work. Thank you for your time.

there is someone strange with your save - quest just don't start. no any errors in log :-(

may be its a SD conflict - this quest is not friendly to other quests by my experiense

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with papyrus logs is that the time something malfunctions isn't necessarily the same time you notice (and log) it - something might go wrong on install, there might have happened a stack dump any time earlier,... they often are helpful, but not guaranteed. For now i wouldn't mind too much as long as it's a single incident and fixed.^^

I spent some time (rather longer than I thought! This thing has massive dialog/descriptions.) improving the Text and Dialog in this mod.  There were man, many changes mostly to grammar, spelling, capitalization and in a very few cases clarifying the intent.  In any case, I attach the "text-corrected" esp to this message.  I'm sure I missed some things, but I think I got 95% of the text problems. ?  

zThingsInDark.esp

On 9/3/2018 at 7:33 PM, ZWCCWH said:

We create mod to fix the bugs and add more features in Skyrim, and nowadays there comes a mod that fix bugs and add features for a mod. ? What a nice mod community! XD~

Without dismissing Jahems work, that's not that new. ;) Prison overhaul patches for example is now even bigger than the original prison overhaul, to reach that point Jahem has still some work to do.^^

So I decided to give it a go again with your fixed TID version, so when I first played TID, obviously there were so many bugs and then I every time I tried to go in to Ibn the game would crash. That was I gave up on it.

But holy shit, I’ve been going through the quests flawlessly with your version. There were some incorrect grammar here and there but not too much of big problem. Then when I got into the part of the farm quest, it was buggy again. Really great job man .Can’t wait for the next update. 

But I got to ask and this is to anyone, have any of you actually got far into the 5 parts of the main quests? Or even the first part? Seems impossible now without this mod.

Progress:
Begining: 100%
Mine slave part: 100%
Service slave part: 100%
Farm slave part: 100%
Tunnel part: 0%

aTID 2.25 fixes by Jahem Kinkaid 

NO ADDITIONAL RUSSIAN TRANSLATE for this version - it takes alot of time. Cause there is alot of dialogs, objectives and scenes changes previous translates for 2.1 original mod is NOT COMPATIBLE with 2.2+

+ major compatibility fix for mines part scene. Now quest doesn't stuck when sleep on bed and Dangerous Nights (or similar) scenes started.
Hashep quest line

BECAUSE IT FIRST correction for this quest line, few bugs may remain. I passed this quest twice, but it not guarantee ?

+ quest objectives rearange to make them more clear
+ skip quest from Servant Slave part so no more repeating in quests list
+ axes quest fixes (missed markers, dialogs and stages stucking, objectives counters)
+ minor mushrooms quest fixes (dialogs and stages stucking, objectives counters) (no markers there so you need to find eggs and mushrooms by own)
+ fixes for meat quest (new objectives, missed markers, stages stucking)
+ meat changes: there is new scene where you can kill meat slave or let it live (with additional sex scene reward)
+ salmon quest fixes (add counter for items to objectives)

Hiho

I played TID a few times and I tried your mod yesterday. Played it till the digging tunnel quest.. that is where I stopped and will uninstall again.

What I liked:

- Yes, there are way less quest bugs

- New map layout is short to run

What I didn't like:

- Some quests are just finishing them self. Chaurus breeder quest for example was rather confusing. No fucking but pregnant and no lay eggs.. but you did it. The fun were the quests and doing it in the original. Same with the Nobel in The Entrance Hall.. quest just finished itself, no action beside standing around not sure what to do and suddenly the quest finished.

- All goes to quick, if a quest takes 2 minutes to do and finish.. running to the spot: 2 minutes. Doing the quest, 10 seconds. Run 2 mins back.

- Interrupt with the chick crucifying the small chick at the start... when I just got the text displayed, I knew my game would crash in a few seconds. Avoided the spot and ran around to keep playing.

- Digging the tunnel was last quest and most bugged. Gave up here as she is not walking a step.. no idea where to go and also not really motivated to search ^^

Mod is way to fast now.. if I would play TID again, I would go back to the original and accept the bugs.. just because the feeling I get inside the original mod is way better.

Uni    

I m currently a mine slave and when I have to sleep in bed.... nothing happens. The PC freezes in place and enableplayercontrols wont work. Quest does not continue, even after waiting...

Could this be a compatibility problem with "Go to bed" mod? Would be a shame :(

13 hours ago, MrUnimportant said:

Hiho

I played TID a few times and I tried your mod yesterday. Played it till the digging tunnel quest.. that is where I stopped and will uninstall again.

What I liked:

- Yes, there are way less quest bugs

- New map layout is short to run

What I didn't like:

- Some quests are just finishing them self. Chaurus breeder quest for example was rather confusing. No fucking but pregnant and no lay eggs.. but you did it. The fun were the quests and doing it in the original. Same with the Nobel in The Entrance Hall.. quest just finished itself, no action beside standing around not sure what to do and suddenly the quest finished.

- All goes to quick, if a quest takes 2 minutes to do and finish.. running to the spot: 2 minutes. Doing the quest, 10 seconds. Run 2 mins back.

- Interrupt with the chick crucifying the small chick at the start... when I just got the text displayed, I knew my game would crash in a few seconds. Avoided the spot and ran around to keep playing.

- Digging the tunnel was last quest and most bugged. Gave up here as she is not walking a step.. no idea where to go and also not really motivated to search ^^

Mod is way to fast now.. if I would play TID again, I would go back to the original and accept the bugs.. just because the feeling I get inside the original mod is way better.

Uni    

i doesn't change quests you talked about. just fixed some errors. and i doens't cut anything from this mod. pregnancy quest had no breeding animation or progress - you just need go to cell. but this quest HAVE animations if you have all necessary mods installed.  this mod based on 2.11 original mod and there is alot of deleted content by author i found at every quest (missed stages, objectives etc) may be you played in early version. Noble quest also have some scenes but you need all necessary mods installed.

PS. cause you talked about new map layout i believe you played not 2.11 original version. i didn't change map layout in 2.2

3 hours ago, Nymra said:

I m currently a mine slave and when I have to sleep in bed.... nothing happens. The PC freezes in place and enableplayercontrols wont work. Quest does not continue, even after waiting...

Could this be a compatibility problem with "Go to bed" mod? Would be a shame :(

it can be. i know nothing about this mod

1 hour ago, Jahem_kinkaid said:

it can be. i know nothing about this mod

At least it works now that I disabled the mod...

Maybe you can put it to the incompatible mods list ?
Would still be nice if it d work with Go to Bed. Its a nice mod that allows the player to lay down before sleeping.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/67763/https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/67763/

I really like your work till now. Currently in slave training and apart from the bed scene everything worked smooth and perfect. Wow. Finally I can play this cool and very atmospheric mod!

Suggestions until now:

- Make the mine part longer. Like several days of having to mine 20 ore, then sleep (getting raped when waking up), mine more ore, fetch food, sleep, mine ore. 
Maybe you could even add an MCM menu allowing the player to choose how often a task has to be done for finishing it? :)

- Falmers are all just standing around doing nothing. Maybe they could get a dialogue or trigger a rape scene when the player comes too close or even talks to them.

Keep up the good work!

31 minutes ago, Nymra said:

- Falmers are all just standing around doing nothing. Maybe they could get a dialogue or trigger a rape scene when the player comes too close or even talks to them.

While i always support such suggestions, a imho good alternative here would be to support third party mods triggering rapes, like cursed loot, SL Adventures or Scent of Sex or something. With support i mean make sure that scenes don't break or are repeatable in case of doubt, maybe add messages to "show" now they could be turned on/should be turned off OR even better, put the dhl-suspend command around the scenes where random rapes and other stuff shouldn't be triggered.

If you want to read about the command, an quote from cursed loots description:

Since Cursed Loot's sex attacks can get in the way of other mods running scenes, there are mechanisms available to keep whatever you're doing compatible with Cursed Loot and vice versa. Cursed Loot will honour the already existing suspend signals implemented for Deviously Helpless - if you suspend DH using SendModEvent("dhlp-Suspend") and SendModEvent("dhlp-Resume"), you don't need to worry about Cursed Loot since this will prevent its own scenes from starting as well. It will, however NOT abort already running scenes!!!

There are a couple of mods accepting this command, so this is imho always something nice to have - especially if you turn it off sometimes so rapes can happen. :)

7 hours ago, Nymra said:

Suggestions until now:

- Make the mine part longer. Like several days of having to mine 20 ore, then sleep (getting raped when waking up), mine more ore, fetch food, sleep, mine ore. 
Maybe you could even add an MCM menu allowing the player to choose how often a task has to be done for finishing it? :)

Keep up the good work!

i want to make longer and atmospheric many quets. mines part (want to add more interractions and quests with miners), breeding quest (add egg animations atleast), etc. sometimes i'm adding new content (like scene for meat slave) but i do it only when i know that i can do it fast, because on my opinion it's better to make this awesome mod completely passable and only then add new content for it. 

13 hours ago, Jahem_kinkaid said:

i doesn't change quests you talked about. just fixed some errors. and i doens't cut anything from this mod. pregnancy quest had no breeding animation or progress - you just need go to cell. but this quest HAVE animations if you have all necessary mods installed.  this mod based on 2.11 original mod and there is alot of deleted content by author i found at every quest (missed stages, objectives etc) may be you played in early version. Noble quest also have some scenes but you need all necessary mods installed.

PS. cause you talked about new map layout i believe you played not 2.11 original version. i didn't change map layout in 2.2

No, last TID I played and had on my drive was 2.18.. and I had Chaurus breeding and pregnancy in my play through.. I have to admit.. it was buggy.. but over console you could more or less get all done. You seem to know what you are doing.. why not make a fresh mod.. something new? ^^ Like Barney said: New is always better *G*

Waiting for 2 years now that somebody creates a Milk Farm like Captured Dreams ^^ Just for Maids and Cows ^^ Have a milking section in TID would make sense too..