Things In The Dark MODIFIED

• 3 weeks later...

I dont want to be that guy, but will we see any updates for the mod? :D

I know Delzaron wants to change the whole TID mod, but honestly, I dont have high hopes for this to happen anytime soon or to be superior than the old version. It will be just a totally different thing from what I read from him. 

TID is an awesome mod because it grasps the atmosphere perfectly. With TID modified it would also work perfectly. I would really love to see the modified version finished.

• 4 weeks later...

Bug report for this mod:  If you go by the spider statute near the Helgen cave exit to trigger entry into Ibn, you cannot get the slave option with this mod.  You always get the servant start, not the slave part.  (Tested with Skyrim SE, problem was fixed by uninstalling this mod) - haven't tried with Skyrim LE to see if the problem also exists there too. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2019 at 7:32 AM, Celedhring said:

Bug report for this mod:  If you go by the spider statute near the Helgen cave exit to trigger entry into Ibn, you cannot get the slave option with this mod.  You always get the servant start, not the slave part.  (Tested with Skyrim SE, problem was fixed by uninstalling this mod) - haven't tried with Skyrim LE to see if the problem also exists there too. 

And where by the love of everything unholy do you find an SE-Version ? PLEASE !!!

• 5 weeks later...

So...Things in the Dark has died, again. Dammit! This is my favorite quest mod(the idea of it, anyway. have never managed to get very far into it). Had such high hopes, both for the original being fixed, and a new version by Delz. Well, regardless, the effort is appreciated, if not the execution. Thanks for trying.

On 4/1/2019 at 11:41 AM, BlackBoxFun said:

And where by the love of everything unholy do you find an SE-Version ? PLEASE !!!

There's no SE version. I used the Oldrim version.  It works as far as I can tell..and in a much more stable game in Newrim to boot. 

i originally wanted to play from beginning to the end and record all the bugs, but i gave up. prior playing, i thought this mod would be hot, but i became annoyed more than anything else due to bugs. here are bugs i recorded so far;

atid1begin
* when asking bartender grey elf in cornerclub, bartender gives 'i don't know' answer when asked, but asking 2nd time answer the question
* go to traitor's post, all bandits killed but there's no dialog option for frabbi, must setstage
* when asking about marking to bartender grey elf, he answers 'i don't wanna talk bout it', reloading the game somehow makes right answer appears [directing player to go under the bridge]
* under the bridge when ambushing murderer, player goes to marked area then freezes, can't move and do anything, ghost like npc in falmer bikini armor appears but she does nothing and stand there, must use setstage

atid1falmer
* going to markath farm with frabbi, entering the house nothing happens, talking to everyone gives message 'this person is busy' but still nothing happens, must use setstage
* meeting ghost like npc in windhelm's butcher house, character then freezes and can't do anything, everyone else is doing nothing either, just standing there, must use setstage, after setstage frabbi is still there despite quest update frabbi is missing
* meeting ghost like npc again in markath farm, another npc is dead, but ghost like npc [named thing in the dark] just stands there and nothing happens, must use setstage

atid1slave & its children quests
* falmer [spy, id; xx1893d6] killing raping skeevers inside cage in ibn, npcs then run around while saying 'someone do something', only this falmer that does this
* in quest slave mine, player is told to sleep then screen flashes, player should be raped by random slave then quest goes to next stage but the raping may never happen instead the supposed rapist follows player around, causing the quest unable to finish, must use setstage, it's 'atid1slavejobmine', not 'atid1slavetaskmine'
* in slave task mutator, player is fucked by falmer then chaurus reaper, while there's delay in 1st act, it usually happens, in 2nd act, it may never happen. pushing tishal [with sprinting] close to cage and chaurus breeder far from cage seems working
* in slave task butcher, talking to skala then quest tells player to cook meat but quest pointer points to a woman. there should be text for this woman and player can either butcher her or cook meat by taking meat from dead slaves, but this text doesn't appear, causing this quest unable to finish, must use setstage. if choosing sparing this woman and taking meat from dead slaves, cooking the meat doesn't matter how many doesn't update the quest. after finishing, quest tells player to talk to hashep but there's no pointer for hashep
* in slave task fishing, after done, there's no pointer for hashep

atid1tunnel
* supposed to meet in animonculry, but quest marker points at fishery
* must start the quest right after in the underworld done, if you quit game and load at some point before completion, everything's broken. after meeting at animonculry, you'll be given pickaxe, people here actually have conversations but subtitle doesn't appear. if everything is correct, everyone will move to the next room after 40 rubbles mined
* when choosing side of falmer, quest tells to talk to daithe, pointer is inside cave where people escape, but daithe is nowhere to be found, after a while daithe goes back to her original place
* quest tells to go back to slave tower, but there's no building by that name, and pointer points to fishery, must enter animonculry, then out, quest will sometimes update to meet daithe near barrack otherwise use setstage, then pointer points to cave where people escape, in reality you just need to go to daithe's original place

atid1whisper1
* player is told to meet azenith dereleth but quest pointer points to fishery and she's nowhere to be found in ibn, must use setstage, or player.placeatme at azenith then disable her
* when player is told to steal document and spotted, player is bound then teleported to room told to follow liskit but nothing happens afterwards, everyone just stands there, must use setstage
* after being saved, after talking to tentacle face npc [dagoth korathi], player is told to obey volukar, but nothing happens, there's no text or conversation from volukar other than teaching destruction and buying stuff, must use setstage, then quest telling to listen to whispering one, but nothing happens, whispering one just stands there, must use setstage

atid1zend
* after tishal fucks player & player chooses to stay human, player is then lies on floor and lies there nothing happens, must use setstage atid1zend 90, 85 is for being falmer

atid2begin
* told to talk to daithe, but quest marker points to outside ibn
* told to talk to azhra, quest marker points at fishery [she's in front of animonculry, not at her quarter], you'll be told to lead her, go to place where elevator to derelith cave is, but turn right
* when quest updates to listen to azhra and falmer warmonger, player climbs stairs automatically, but stuck in stairs since can't jump, must use setstage

atid2farm
* told to talk to hashep, but quest points to animonculry 
* after getting 6 imp stools, quest doesn't update to talk to hashep
* told to find missing chaurus, quest points to fishery, using player.moveto xx3fba02 then player is teleported to the right chaurus and somehow quest marker correctly points at it, but there's no dialog no nothing, must use setstage, after setstage there's dialog for follower to sex with chaurus then quest updates talk to hashep, but point elsewhere, then chaurus follows player but stops near the gate
* told to go to chaur tegoth altar, but there's no quest marker, when go to near it, there's some message, trying to enter the altar from overwatch tower, but when opening the door to ibn, teleported to meat slave area near raping skeevers den, entering from temple also results the same, from this point on, doors are fucked [i.e quitting songs of malog bal puts player in front of pure falmer den, quiting passage under falkreath puts player in harbor]

atid2gloom
* after talking to anezka, told to talk to azhra, but quest marker once again points at fishery
* told to listen to azhra and falmer chief, but nothing happens even after waiting for minutes, must use setstage
* told to give 4 packages, 2 packages have no problem, but the 3rd, to tovald's falmer, quest pointer points at a falmer, but can't talk to it, thus unable to give the package, must use setstage

atid2lara
* told to do skooma delivery & talk to alysse, everything is ok except alysse doesn't have the item for player, can add 20 skooma via console

atid2markath
* told to talk to azenith, quest points at fishery, azenith nowhere to be found, including clone azenith made earlier using 'player.placeatme xx019741'. is it possible if azenith is walking outside of ibn like seath and volukar?

On 5/4/2019 at 6:40 AM, helmutw said:

i originally wanted to play from beginning to the end and record all the bugs, but i gave up. prior playing, i thought this mod would be hot, but i became annoyed more than anything else due to bugs. here are bugs i recorded so far;

atid1begin
* when asking bartender grey elf in cornerclub, bartender gives 'i don't know' answer when asked, but asking 2nd time answer the question
* go to traitor's post, all bandits killed but there's no dialog option for frabbi, must setstage
* when asking about marking to bartender grey elf, he answers 'i don't wanna talk bout it', reloading the game somehow makes right answer appears [directing player to go under the bridge]
* under the bridge when ambushing murderer, player goes to marked area then freezes, can't move and do anything, ghost like npc in falmer bikini armor appears but she does nothing and stand there, must use setstage

atid1falmer
* going to markath farm with frabbi, entering the house nothing happens, talking to everyone gives message 'this person is busy' but still nothing happens, must use setstage
* meeting ghost like npc in windhelm's butcher house, character then freezes and can't do anything, everyone else is doing nothing either, just standing there, must use setstage, after setstage frabbi is still there despite quest update frabbi is missing
* meeting ghost like npc again in markath farm, another npc is dead, but ghost like npc [named thing in the dark] just stands there and nothing happens, must use setstage

atid1slave & its children quests
* falmer [spy, id; xx1893d6] killing raping skeevers inside cage in ibn, npcs then run around while saying 'someone do something', only this falmer that does this
* in quest slave mine, player is told to sleep then screen flashes, player should be raped by random slave then quest goes to next stage but the raping may never happen instead the supposed rapist follows player around, causing the quest unable to finish, must use setstage, it's 'atid1slavejobmine', not 'atid1slavetaskmine'
* in slave task mutator, player is fucked by falmer then chaurus reaper, while there's delay in 1st act, it usually happens, in 2nd act, it may never happen. pushing tishal [with sprinting] close to cage and chaurus breeder far from cage seems working
* in slave task butcher, talking to skala then quest tells player to cook meat but quest pointer points to a woman. there should be text for this woman and player can either butcher her or cook meat by taking meat from dead slaves, but this text doesn't appear, causing this quest unable to finish, must use setstage. if choosing sparing this woman and taking meat from dead slaves, cooking the meat doesn't matter how many doesn't update the quest. after finishing, quest tells player to talk to hashep but there's no pointer for hashep
* in slave task fishing, after done, there's no pointer for hashep

atid1tunnel
* supposed to meet in animonculry, but quest marker points at fishery
* must start the quest right after in the underworld done, if you quit game and load at some point before completion, everything's broken. after meeting at animonculry, you'll be given pickaxe, people here actually have conversations but subtitle doesn't appear. if everything is correct, everyone will move to the next room after 40 rubbles mined
* when choosing side of falmer, quest tells to talk to daithe, pointer is inside cave where people escape, but daithe is nowhere to be found, after a while daithe goes back to her original place
* quest tells to go back to slave tower, but there's no building by that name, and pointer points to fishery, must enter animonculry, then out, quest will sometimes update to meet daithe near barrack otherwise use setstage, then pointer points to cave where people escape, in reality you just need to go to daithe's original place

atid1whisper1
* player is told to meet azenith dereleth but quest pointer points to fishery and she's nowhere to be found in ibn, must use setstage, or player.placeatme at azenith then disable her
* when player is told to steal document and spotted, player is bound then teleported to room told to follow liskit but nothing happens afterwards, everyone just stands there, must use setstage
* after being saved, after talking to tentacle face npc [dagoth korathi], player is told to obey volukar, but nothing happens, there's no text or conversation from volukar other than teaching destruction and buying stuff, must use setstage, then quest telling to listen to whispering one, but nothing happens, whispering one just stands there, must use setstage

atid1zend
* after tishal fucks player & player chooses to stay human, player is then lies on floor and lies there nothing happens, must use setstage atid1zend 90, 85 is for being falmer

atid2begin
* told to talk to daithe, but quest marker points to outside ibn
* told to talk to azhra, quest marker points at fishery [she's in front of animonculry, not at her quarter], you'll be told to lead her, go to place where elevator to derelith cave is, but turn right
* when quest updates to listen to azhra and falmer warmonger, player climbs stairs automatically, but stuck in stairs since can't jump, must use setstage

atid2farm
* told to talk to hashep, but quest points to animonculry 
* after getting 6 imp stools, quest doesn't update to talk to hashep
* told to find missing chaurus, quest points to fishery, using player.moveto xx3fba02 then player is teleported to the right chaurus and somehow quest marker correctly points at it, but there's no dialog no nothing, must use setstage, after setstage there's dialog for follower to sex with chaurus then quest updates talk to hashep, but point elsewhere, then chaurus follows player but stops near the gate
* told to go to chaur tegoth altar, but there's no quest marker, when go to near it, there's some message, trying to enter the altar from overwatch tower, but when opening the door to ibn, teleported to meat slave area near raping skeevers den, entering from temple also results the same, from this point on, doors are fucked [i.e quitting songs of malog bal puts player in front of pure falmer den, quiting passage under falkreath puts player in harbor]

atid2gloom
* after talking to anezka, told to talk to azhra, but quest marker once again points at fishery
* told to listen to azhra and falmer chief, but nothing happens even after waiting for minutes, must use setstage
* told to give 4 packages, 2 packages have no problem, but the 3rd, to tovald's falmer, quest pointer points at a falmer, but can't talk to it, thus unable to give the package, must use setstage

atid2lara
* told to do skooma delivery & talk to alysse, everything is ok except alysse doesn't have the item for player, can add 20 skooma via console

atid2markath
* told to talk to azenith, quest points at fishery, azenith nowhere to be found, including clone azenith made earlier using 'player.placeatme xx019741'. is it possible if azenith is walking outside of ibn like seath and volukar?

Hey bro, i stuck at ques find missing chaurus, i try using player.moveto xx3fba02 but it cant.

can u give more specific way?

thanks before :)

11 hours ago, junior55 said:

Hey bro, i stuck at ques find missing chaurus, i try using player.moveto xx3fba02 but it cant.

can u give more specific way?

thanks before :)

replace the xx with the thing in the dark load order number.

example, if you put zThingsInDark. esp below Dragonborn.esm, the number is 05, use console command; player.moveto 053fba02.

16 hours ago, helmutw said:

replace the xx with the thing in the dark load order number.

example, if you put zThingsInDark. esp below Dragonborn.esm, the number is 05, use console command; player.moveto 053fba02.

it works

i want to ask again, you say' must use setstage, after setstage there's dialog for follower to sex with chaurus then quest updates talk to hashep,' what kind this setstage? i dont understand. and must we use follower mod to this quest?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/7/2019 at 11:53 PM, junior55 said:

it works

i want to ask again, you say' must use setstage, after setstage there's dialog for follower to sex with chaurus then quest updates talk to hashep,' what kind this setstage? i dont understand. and must we use follower mod to this quest?

after finding the chaurus, you have to use setstage otherwise the dialog to tell follower to fuck chaurus won't appear. use console command; player.sqs atid2farm

that will tell you what stages have been completed, then use setstage for the next uncompleted stage, then talk to your follower, there should be dialog to tell her to fuck the chaurus.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey i am at the slave tasks atm and i am wondering if there is any way to decrease the slave note and become a meat slave or something? Or is that just a linear quest after quest gameplay? Like there is no option to stay a slave with daily quests? Because until now i could only finish the slave tasks to finish the quests, there was no way to really disobey. At the arena i.e. the slaver said, like: "ye you can refuse but than you will not live long" or something like that but if i do everything s fine and daithe just send sme back to the Arena hall.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
18 hours ago, LenaLachrymosa said:

Hi

This mod ask me to overwrite files from mod From the Deeps 

image.png.6eadda9caee82ef8967a6094bb71a07d.png

Thank you with advance for help 

Dont do it.

When I made FTD, I made TID in the same time. So, I made msitakes in the tags.

And when I packed the mods, I used the tags to sort them.

• 3 weeks later...

I would say the original TID mod of Delzaron, is the best SexLab quest mod ever made, in context of story, environment, mood, features. (In my opinion.)
But it has lots of bugs, i hope someday it will be almost bug free.
I'm total lame in moddig, (can't code - #meme)  and don't has any talent, but still want to give some help.

I list some commands that helped me in quests:

showquesttargets - Shows quest ID if it's has a target. (If u don't know which quest is on.)

player.sqs <quest id> - It's great to see the stages of given quest, all of them.

Most of the time i use combination of 2 command to progress on broken quest:
SetObjectiveCompleted <QuestID> <stage> 1 - It will mark completed the stage you are on. (The stage number is last that is marked with 1, when you list with 'sqs'.)
And next if it's needed:
setstage <quest id> <stage value> - (the next one which is marked with 0)

And when quest marker bugged, and you just can't find the target use this:
player.movetoqt <QuestID> - This will teleport you to the target.

And some npc just stuck somewhere, like Kaithe, and Anzenith.
in console u click on them to see their ID, not the base ID.
and use:
prid <ID> - this will tag them
And you go to some neutral place, or the desired destination and use:
moveto player - (Don't need ID, u tagged them with 'prid' command)
And if it's work they start walking to the right place (or stay still).

And if u need to find them, use this:
player.moveto <ID> - then you go where they are

Ofc. the 'additem' command has use in some cases. 
player.additem <ItemID> <#>

Some extra observation:
When playing i found out it has some conflict with the "Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul" mod. Because the change some food name, and it's purpose: like salmon(you need the fillet), or human flesh.

When you mining, equip the pickaxe and hit ore vein, don't use the activation button.

• 4 months later...

I've been doing some fixes to Things in the Dark, based on the current state of this modified version.

This includes a full translation into native "English" This was a massive job. It's a big mod with so much dialog.

Sometimes it might be a bit off, but I played through most things so I'd have an idea what the right words ought to be.

I have mainly fixed blocker issues from the start of Ibn slavery onward. I didn't change much, just the absolute minimum to let you progress without a setstage.

I have also fixed the vendors so they can sell items, have the correct factions, and are relatively useful. You can now meet your needs by shopping in Ibn.

Similarly, some beds are fixed.

I also added support for RND on food items, though I may make a version with that stripped out again.

I plan to go back and look at the early stages that people have posted bugs for here.

I didn't replay that stuff, as I know it well, but was unable to ever get slavery to work, never mind the Falmer quests after that.

I'm now able to play a majority of Falmer content without terrible problems.

The main issue I still have is that for reasons I still do not understand, quest objectives in aliases mostly do not work. It doesn't matter what world you are in, they just do not work.

Anyone with any ideas on this, please let me know :) The aliases are filled; that's not the problem.

Update - think I finally figured this one out ... time will tell.

There is a ton of script rebuilding left to do - I'm not convinced all the pex files really match their sources at the moment, which may be causing surprises - and also re-parenting of NPCs - they have AI parents that cause problems - it should fix quite a few things with AI Overhaul screwing them up, but I am not going to do that until I start a replay from the beginning and start to address those lingering early pre-Ibn-slavery quest bugs.

Anyway...

Is there any objection to my posting my updates that build on TitD - Modified, as a new patch?

I've raised this issue with Delzaron separately.

Damn that is a lot of work to fix a mod :d If it gets released I'd definitely give it a shot. With this much effort one would think you could make your own mod. :D

While I like Delzaron's mods - FTD and TID, they come with the caveat of "be ready to console your way through"  From a storytelling/immersion standpoint, they're terrific as I happen to be a H.P. Lovecraft fan.   I wanted to see the Deep Ones introduced someday, and I think the Falmer could easily be converted into the Deep Ones.  Just web their fingers and toes, add spines down their backs, and give them fish eyes maybe retexture them with scaly fish like skin - done! Best of all you wouldn't have to alter the skeletons/sex animations as they'd just use the Falmer ones.

Oh and watch "Dagon" sometime.  It's an outstanding adaption of "The Shadow over Innsmouth" to a coastal town in Spain.  They got it down perfect - the atomsphere, the degeneracy/deterioration of the Cthulhu Mythos on Imboca.  Even the hotel the protagonist stayed in is spot on. (yuck)  Very very underrated movie IMHO.

On 3/8/2020 at 11:06 AM, Celedhring said:

Oh and watch "Dagon" sometime.  It's an outstanding adaption of "The Shadow over Innsmouth" to a coastal town in Spain.  They got it down perfect - the atomsphere, the degeneracy/deterioration of the Cthulhu Mythos on Imboca.  Even the hotel the protagonist stayed in is spot on. (yuck)  Very very underrated movie IMHO.

I finally got to watch this. Super retro! Reminds me of the old 1960's "She". Not sure the "mermaid" effects helped much.

I haven't seen new The Color Out of Space yet. TitD has its own little version of that :) 

• 1 month later...