Things In The Dark MODIFIED

On 9/20/2018 at 7:29 AM, Jahem_kinkaid said:

i want to make longer and atmospheric many quets. mines part (want to add more interractions and quests with miners), breeding quest (add egg animations atleast), etc. sometimes i'm adding new content (like scene for meat slave) but i do it only when i know that i can do it fast, because on my opinion it's better to make this awesome mod completely passable and only then add new content for it. 

Yeah, perfectly fine to fix the mod first of course :)

I wonder: is the tunnel part the last mod content? Or is there more to it? 
In Delzarons Mod Thread I see a long list of mods that also goes beyond Ibn. Do you want to include all of that, too?

Some things I noticed till now:

- The training part of the quest seems short. I remember to be forced to have animal sex, too in training?! Or does this come later (currently working for Hashep)

- Can you have a look on the falmers maybe? It cannot talk to them and they dont show a name when I aim at them. I remember the Falmers also had Dialogue ("what can I do for you master" or sth. like that). Maybe you could add a forcegreet to the falmers, too? Like "Greet" "Serve me Slave" - Yes Master -> Sex. No master -> Punishment quest or gangrape or dont know :))

8 hours ago, Nymra said:

Yeah, perfectly fine to fix the mod first of course :)

I wonder: is the tunnel part the last mod content? Or is there more to it? 
In Delzarons Mod Thread I see a long list of mods that also goes beyond Ibn. Do you want to include all of that, too?

Some things I noticed till now:

- The training part of the quest seems short. I remember to be forced to have animal sex, too in training?! Or does this come later (currently working for Hashep)

- Can you have a look on the falmers maybe? It cannot talk to them and they dont show a name when I aim at them. I remember the Falmers also had Dialogue ("what can I do for you master" or sth. like that). Maybe you could add a forcegreet to the falmers, too? Like "Greet" "Serve me Slave" - Yes Master -> Sex. No master -> Punishment quest or gangrape or dont know :))

there is ALOT of content.  a big parts of mod have numbers in naming (each part contain few quests inside). for example: aTID0Begin, aTID1SlaveJobHashep. tunnel is also in part1. max part number is 4. i believe there is about 20+ hours of gameplay (never complete this mod cause bugs). so i fixed about 10-15%.

quests beyond Ibn are in latter parts and i plan to fix them too.

training part is short. there is one random scene.. i want to modify it to force player come throunght all scenes, so it will be more like training.

i'll modify progress decription to show all avaiable parts with next update (next week) but i have no list of fixed quests yet (it may be more than tunnel quests, but atleast affect tunnel quests).  right now i'm working on AF Violate next build (for F4) and will publish it shortly. afterwards i'll start to TID fixes

modified progress list (first post have this list updated too)

Current Progress (only main quest stages are listed):

Part 0
    Inquiry in Windhelm - 100%
    The Lurking Fear - 100%
Part1
    In the Underworld - 60%
        Slave Job: Mine Slave (and all subquests) - 100%
        Slave Job: Servant Slave (and all subquests) - 100%
        Slave job: Farm Slave (and all subquests) - 100%
        Tunneling - 0%
        Be a Thing in the Dark - 0%
Part 2
    Falmer Servant - 0%
    Servant's Life - 0%
    Extend Ibn Influence: First Missions - 0%
    Serving a little girl - 0%
    Extend Ibn Influence: a Way to Markarth - 0%
    Raider: first lessons - 0%
    Extend Ibn Influence: Whiterun Hold Outpost - 0%
    Until it burns out - 0%
    Slaver: Trainers Training - 0%
    Mutator: A new strain - 0%
    Temple: Serving the God - 0%
    Whispers and Broodmaidens: Bothela - 0%
    Extend Ibn influence: to the North, part 1 - 0%
    Extend Ibn influence: to the North, part 2 - 0%

Part 3
    Extend Ibn Influence: Rorikstead - 0%
    Underworld Plots - 0%
    Underworld war: Blackreach Outpost - 0%
    Causes and consequences - 0%
    Mutator: Cerebral tendrills - 0%
    New slavery partners - 0%
    Temple: things from the past - 0%
    Temple: Horror from the past - 0%
    Whispers and Broodmaidens: Sara and Elia - 0%
    A gift for the Old One - 0%
    The Underworld's great old One - 0%

Part 4
    Extend Ibn Influence: cultists recruitment - 0%
    TID Epilogue: New Perspectives - 0%
    TID Epilogue: visions of an outer world - 0%

Just to let you know that your mod conflict with CACO  . When you are a Farm Slave and you need to get and cook human flesh. CACO renamed "Human Flesh" to "Humanoid Flesh" so it screw up with the cooking recipe to get roasted human flesh. I tried to get around the problem but I had to get them with commands in the end. Just thought I would let you know about that.

I love your mod. I"ve been waithing a long time to get a playable Things in the Dark. So far, I found that your mod is way better than the original. Keep up the good work!

On 9/20/2018 at 7:29 AM, Jahem_kinkaid said:

i want to make longer and atmospheric many quets. mines part (want to add more interractions and quests with miners), breeding quest (add egg animations atleast), etc. sometimes i'm adding new content (like scene for meat slave) but i do it only when i know that i can do it fast, because on my opinion it's better to make this awesome mod completely passable and only then add new content for it. 

On 10/5/2018 at 4:56 PM, Jahem_kinkaid said:

there is alot of bugs in tunnel quest.. ALOT... broken packages etc... still working 

Yes, I know, I never succeded to solve that problem...

I plan to redone that part completely, and make the slave chapter of the mod longer and more linear.

For now, i'm just going back to modding... TID redone is postponed. I'll still work on the new city, and upload it after your amazing corrections.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2018 at 1:41 PM, Delzaron said:

Yes, I know, I never succeded to solve that problem...

packages is my weak point too. can't understand why it doesn't works sometimes (with correct conditions).

i redesigned Tunnel part to duplicate logic for situations when packages can't start, so it run much smoother already, but i still not finished yet ?

5 hours ago, Jahem_kinkaid said:

packages is my weak point too. can't understand why it doesn't works sometimes (with correct conditions).

i redesigned Tunnel part to duplicate logic for situations when packages can't start, so it run much smoother already, but i still not finished yet ?

The ORDER of the packages is significant.  Because the game always looks through the list of packages until it finds a package where all the conditions are met and then it uses that package.  It will NOT check any additional packages.

aTID 2.3 fixes by Jahem Kinkaid
You NEED to use save BEFORE "Tunneling" quest starts ("in the Underworld..." quest MUST be NOT completed). Overwise you'll have alot of bugs: alot of aliases changed so if quest already active they become broken.
You'll also need to save before completing "Be a Thing in the Dark" and starting "Falmer Servant" for future updates! The best way to do it - saving before talking with Anezka.

I still didn't new Russian translating. Latest translates based on 2.24a version.

It's major update because "Part 0" and "Part 1" is ready for walktrough. I still want to make some changes for entire this parts quests for better story feeling, but will do it in future updates
+ fixes and missing content restoring for "Tunneling" quests in "Part 1". There is stil a bug exist with marker in the "Meet Daithe near Slaves Barracks" quest. For unknown reason it never shown right way. So you need just remember where barracks is.
+ fixes and missing content restoring for "Whispers are coming" quests in "Part 1"
+ fixes for "Be a Thing in the Dark" quests in "Part 1"

if you found any new bug please report

49 minutes ago, Jahem_kinkaid said:

aTID 2.3 fixes by Jahem Kinkaid
You NEED to use save BEFORE "Tunneling" quest starts ("in the Underworld..." quest MUST be NOT completed). Overwise you'll have alot of bugs: alot of aliases changed so if quest already active they become broken.
You'll also need to save before completing "Be a Thing in the Dark" and starting "Falmer Servant" for future updates! The best way to do it - saving before talking with Anezka.

I still didn't new Russian translating. Latest translates based on 2.24a version.

It's major update because "Part 0" and "Part 1" is ready for walktrough. I still want to make some changes for entire this parts quests for better story feeling, but will do it in future updates
+ fixes and missing content restoring for "Tunneling" quests in "Part 1". There is stil a bug exist with marker in the "Meet Daithe near Slaves Barracks" quest. For unknown reason it never shown right way. So you need just remember where barracks is.
+ fixes and missing content restoring for "Whispers are coming" quests in "Part 1"
+ fixes for "Be a Thing in the Dark" quests in "Part 1"

if you found any new bug please report

Yay!
Downloading and updating now. Lets see if my save will live through it :P

Question: 
Do I understand correctly, that the new version 2.3 completes the Part 1 of your quest list earlier in the thread but has not yet started with Part 2? 

8 hours ago, Nymra said:

Yay!
Downloading and updating now. Lets see if my save will live through it :P

Question: 
Do I understand correctly, that the new version 2.3 completes the Part 1 of your quest list earlier in the thread but has not yet started with Part 2? 

All story quests for Part1 is fixed. You just need save before completing Part 1. It's because fixes for Part 2 will change quest aliases  and you will need save before starting Part2 to initialise it correctly. If you'll save after part2 quests starts there is conflicts with old and new values become.

"Talking with Anezka" - is a final dialog for Part1 story. so it's a good idea to save right before it.

я не хочу сказать ничего плохого об авторе оригинального мода, но.. его моды просто не работают. И я очень рад, что появился человек, способный довести его моды до ума.  А также, мне очень приятно , что этот человек из моей страны).     

use google translator, if you want to understand me.

10 hours ago, Delzaron said:

I now have a plan for redone the city...

I hope it will be ready in a month.

Tell me when I could make the update... it will be a major thing, But I'll adapt the new city in the current small world, so markers and package will not need to be modified.

sweet news! i want to publish new update later this week and then i'll take some break so it can be easy updated

@Delzaron there is something strange with some locations inside Ibn. It's "invisible" for NPC and objective markers: if  NPC get a task travel to such location he never come there, also markers on objects in those locations showns to nowhere.... can it be a navmesh issues? i catch some bugs at part2. that i can't to fix cause those problems exists. Unfortunately i'm weak with locations design via Creation Kit, so i don't understand where problem is ? 

I've been through this mod like 3 times, each time I swore I wouldn't do it again. Delzaron is highly ambitious and honestly some of the best mods on the site, having someone come around to fix up some of the bugs of his work is a godsend, this mod is great and highly replayable, but its completely impossible to play without using console commands everytime.