Things In The Dark MODIFIED

there is no more mod updates till Delzaron update city. i found few strange bugs i can't understand (mostly with markers, shown not to objective target but nowhere) right now i'm believe it's a current city problem - wrong links od navmesh issue. but i don't want to investigate it, cause Delzaron will made an update soon. 

@Delzaroni think the better way to update city - made "modified" version as addon for your mod (i can do it). currently "modified" version using same .esp file and contains all info about mod. i can create something like "zThingsInDark_modified.esp" and delete all similar to "zThingsInDark.esp" records. it mains that new file will have "zThingsInDark.esp" in requirements. but it also will let to update city without any problems.

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 12:00 PM, Jahem_kinkaid said:

there is no more mod updates till Delzaron update city. i found few strange bugs i can't understand (mostly with markers, shown not to objective target but nowhere) right now i'm believe it's a current city problem - wrong links od navmesh issue. but i don't want to investigate it, cause Delzaron will made an update soon. 

This seems to be a vanilla Skyrim bug from Bethesda not related to this mod. Happens to me all the time. Send you across the country to go through a couple of doors just to send you back a few steps from where you started. And yes, it happens a lot on this mod I noticed. Plus, I think navmesh is tremendously out of whack. Those following my character would get stuck a lot. And they too follow the directions of map markers so they be out somewhere in Skyrim traveling to get to where they need to be which was right near where they began. Doesn't matter if a follower or slave or quest related script. Thank goodness for BBLSs "Far Grip" spell. Dialogues would get stuck for me too sometimes. Reloading and trying again seemed to fix usually for me. There was once I had to setstage to continue thus far. Isolated incidents where sexlab scenes don't kick in also. Being my first time around, I didn't know where anything was and the map marker situation was a real problem while a slave because I was forbidden to go travel on land across the country and back to go through all the doors they wanted me to go through, at any rate, I had to reload a few times because I crossed a line that say "I am escaping" but I didn't know. I'm just trying to figure out where I am supposed to be. But that being said, I have had a blast with this mod and it has kept me busy. Not even finished yet. Oh one more thing... and this is why I don't like mods that alter or work off of vanilla quests or questlines, I have no idea if I am on my way to do blah blah blah for the falmers and this little side quest from the vanilla game kicks in so I do it real quick but come to find out that quest was a requirement to finish TID quest and now that TID quest is bugged because I didn't know I wasn't supposed to do that yet. Top secret spoiler information prevents bugs from happening sometimes. I know you didn't author this mod originally but I was thinking that it would be great if modders let people know specifically what vanilla quests or questlines have been altered or implemented into their mod quest or questline progression. Ok, ok, ok, one more thing...sometimes the dialogue text will reference for me to go to the wrong place, and when it is a quest that doesn't give you map markers. UGH! For instance, the quest I am on now (can't remember the name) but I have someone they sent with me and found the Khajiit caravan to ask the location of someone I am supposed to find, there are no map markers for this quest, and I think I saw that the dialogue said maybe Whiterun? IDK, but the quest objective says I am to look in Winterhold. I even joined the college so I could look in there. Nothing! I watched a video on YouTube and not sure exactly all details like if they were in the right place or not because the video was Russian, but they were in Whiterun. I won't spoil where. So now I will get back in the game and try there. Thanks for listening. Not sure if you are still working on fixing this mod. Like I said, I never used the original but I imagine you have made some pretty decent improvements and I appreciate it.

One problem with NPCs getting stuck traveling to next quest stage area and quest arrows sending you the wrong way and stuff is that I noticed a Riften load door hidden behind the wall in the TID fishery. Who knows how many of these there are. This mod adds a lot of new world space but unfortunately I think too many things were duplicated to migrate into this new world. Anyway, I thought I would let you know. I can hunt that door down in TES5 edit and remove it that way for now but I am hoping you are still working on the fixes because I kind of like this mod trying it out for the first time. If it wasn't for all the setstage action necessary to complete it.

tried to play the original, but it fatally glitched on the second visit to the farm.  This time, I've made it to Ibn and I'm doing the slave quests.  Only problem, no falmer/pureblood falmer schlongs.  There's no MCM for creature framework or MNC.   Any suggestions on how to fix this?  I had falmer schlongs previously when playing SL pheromones, but that also used the SL and creature arousal mods.

Hit another, and  more fatal problem.  I've reported to Daithe, she's ordered me to follow her, Harrald and Frabi have shown up but Daithe just stands there and doesn't move.  So I can't follow her to start the next task.  When I use the tilde key, there's a report there from some unrelated mod activity involving skeevers, which took place off screen and I only knew about because a notification came up.  

2 hours ago, marymuir2 said:

tried to play the original, but it fatally glitched on the second visit to the farm.  This time, I've made it to Ibn and I'm doing the slave quests.  Only problem, no falmer/pureblood falmer schlongs.  There's no MCM for creature framework or MNC.   Any suggestions on how to fix this?  I had falmer schlongs previously when playing SL pheromones, but that also used the SL and creature arousal mods.

If the MCMs for creature framework and MNC appear has nothing to do with this mod, your setup is messed up. I suggest you fix that first before playing anything else.

Hello Jahem.  Well, I saw that you modified this mod a while back, decided to run through it and as a result, spent quite a few hours making UUNP BodySlide files since Delzaron's mod downloads has old UNPB files that neither look good (to me),  nor will they fit my HDT body.  I'm sure I've spent more time working on BS files than I have playing the mod, which may come to an end shortly. 

BTW, there is one armor, the "Elf Slut Armor" that I have no idea where the "reference" body comes from because it can't be coming from the one my BS files made.  My "built" armor has larger boobs, but the one in-game (located in the Cheat chests) has micro-boobs - the body / armor clearly not from the "Data\meshes\armor\TID" directory, but from somewhere else.  Just wanted to mention it.

So I got to the "Tunnel" thing, saved as you said and now have no idea what to do. You say not to do the quest, but nothing else.  So...?   Other than that, I need to look for Filenbeth's (?) house and get info on her. However, there's no marker as to where to go...nothing.  I did find her, but what, wait around in actual hours for her to go home in order to continue on?

I applaud your's and Delzaron's work as there aren't many making "Quest" mods, which is a shame. It's got to be a huge undertaking to create these mods. However, one thing I must say is that since LL is an English language-based site, many modders need to have their mods looked at by someone who speaks English natively ...and I don't mean to make that sound insulting by any stretch. It's just that often times, in addition to the grammar, spelling and incorrect use of words, there are times when it's difficult to understand what trying to be said via the dialog. It can be very confusing.  Just wanted to mention that too.

Anyway, I'll give this a little more time, then out it goes.  Hopefully that won't be the case and this thing is "finish-able".

EDIT:  As marymuir2 above stated:   I've reported to Daithe, she's ordered me to follow her, Harrald and Frabi have shown up but Daithe just stands there and doesn't move.  That's pretty much where I'm at.

EDIT2:  Well, after Daithe, there's simply nothing left to do, so I escaped out to Markarth.  I would think there must be more to this mod, but I don't know what it is...  ...kinda disappointing.  :(

15 hours ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

If the MCMs for creature framework and MNC appear has nothing to do with this mod, your setup is messed up. I suggest you fix that first before playing anything else.

sorry, not understanding the first part, only your statement that my setup is messed up.  Not  sure what you mean when you say if MCMs appear . . ., the whole point was they don't appear and neither do the falmer creature schlongs (which are usually implemented through these mods).   The chaurus sex animation didn't run at all.

Are you saying I should uninstall creature framework, that I don't need it for this mod? What about the FNIS creature pack?  I have that installed, and have ticked the box for creatures in SL MCM menu.

MCN is listed as a dependency for the original TID, BTW.

All I'm looking for is help with why the falmers/truebloods don't have penises.  while I can force schlongs on named NPCs thru SOS, it doesn't work with the unnamed ones the slave is told to service.

After the quest with Daithe for tunneling glitched, I abandoned playing this.

7 hours ago, marymuir2 said:

sorry, not understanding the first part, only your statement that my setup is messed up.  Not  sure what you mean when you say if MCMs appear . . ., the whole point was they don't appear and neither do the falmer creature schlongs (which are usually implemented through these mods).   The chaurus sex animation didn't run at all.

Are you saying I should uninstall creature framework, that I don't need it for this mod? What about the FNIS creature pack?  I have that installed, and have ticked the box for creatures in SL MCM menu.

All I'm looking for is help with why the falmers/truebloods don't have penises.  while I can force schlongs on named NPCs thru SOS, it doesn't work with the unnamed ones the slave is told to service.

"After the quest with Daithe for tunneling glitched, I abandoned playing this."  I hear ya. As I said above, I spent far more time making armor BodySlide files for this than actually playing this mod.  This is how my game went:

1 : the Beginning :

Normal way : Done.

• Strange things happened in Windhelm. People disapeared or were found as piles of bloody bones... The Jarl decides to let the stewart hire people for an enquiry...
  • aTID0Starter : collect rumors from Whiterun citizens and Inn keepers.
  • aTID1Begin : make your inquiry, meet Windhelm dunmers, and Frabbi.
  • aTID1Falmer : made your Inquiry on the Derleth Family... and face the truth.

1bis : slavery part. Done.

Player will be used for Falmers needs, and for tunneling...

• aTID1Slave1 : you awake into a dwemer ruin... with Frabbi, and surronded by falmers. Made your first tasks as a slave.

This quest manage all the slavery part. It also contains the variables slavejob, slavenote, etc... necessary for completing the tasks, get quests, and new masters.

• aTID1SlaveJobDaithe : when player works for Daithe
  • aTID1SlaveJobHashep : when the player works for Hashep
  • aTIDSlaveJobMine : when the player work in the mine.
  • aTID1SlaveTaskMine : mine ores.
  • aTID1SlaveTaskMine : get food for the miners.
  • aTID1SlaveTaskHashepFarm : Help Hashep to cook the soup for tonight...
  • aTID1SlaveTaskHashepForge : Hashep need some chopping mushrooms axes...
  • aTID1SlaveTaskHashepMeat : collect human meat.
  • aTID1SlaveTaskDaitheSex : learn how Falmers treat slaves... by the bad way...       NOT
  • aTID1SlaveTaskDaitheTrain : a little remind of your position...                                NOT
  • aTID1SlaveTaskFish : fishing salmons.

- Then got to Daithe = END and that was that.  Hoping for something else to continue on, after looking for an hour (no location marker), I found a "Filbeneth" letter that allowed me to trade with the woman in the Torture House, although I had nothing to trade.  After getting sick of hearing all the... "Yes?", "Yes?", "Oh, did you need something?", "Yes?", Yes?" from everyone,  I made my escape via an exit / to the guy's farm outside of Markarth - although I actually came out of the "Iron Apple" something in Markarth itself (?).

Not much of a game, quite disappointing and I'm not sure what was fixed / modified. Just my 2 cents.

9 hours ago, marymuir2 said:

You need creature framework and MNC fully working. And if you aren't sure, they should work before you even install this mod, because this mod has no influence if it works or not.

If they don't work your setup is messed up, you need to fix it because nobody has a clue what might be caused by a bug in this mod or because the requirements don't work porperly.  

58 minutes ago, C5Kev said:

Not much of a game, quite disappointing and I'm not sure what was fixed / modified. Just my 2 cents.

There is a list on the front page.

58 minutes ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

You need creature framework and MNC fully working. And if you aren't sure, they should work before you even install this mod, because this mod has no influence if it works or not.

If they don't work your setup is messed up, you need to fix it because nobody has a clue what might be caused by a bug in this mod or because the requirements don't work porperly.  

There is a list on the front page.

CF & MNC works fine, but thanks for your input.  It's my belief that the mods simply don't work - or very well - for me. Perhaps others will have a different experience.

Nazzzgul666, okay I understand now.  Creature framework and MNC work fine in my new game without TID.  They were working in previous games as well, so I assumed that it was TID that was causing the problem, as I was running a rather stripped down profile for the TID new game.

Re  the two slave quests referred to in red by C5Kev - I might have done those.  Once I finished in the arena, there were numerous tasks for Daithe  where she sent me to help out another servant, including Hashep. 

There was a task to fill in for a sick whore in the whore house (have sex with 5 customers), I had to go to the training house once where the two trainers tried something new on me (but there wasn't much to it, the girl moved the guys legs while I rode cowgirl on him, that's all) and then there was a breeding thing, where I was supposed to have sex with  a chaurus.  There was sex with a falmer (with no penis)  but no sex with the chaurus, and then I had to wait and lay chaurus eggs.

there was also a task where a pureblood falmer requested me, and had me have sex with a single regular falmer (with no penis), although there were several such falmer standing around and at first I thought he wanted me to do all of them.

then I started getting notifications about a skeever jumping a slave, and the skeever was infected or contaminated by the slave??  There wasn't anything happening in my area at the time, and when I hit the tilde button I saw something about how there was no animation for the selected action, or something.  So TID had something happening in the background that wasn't working properly whenever I was in the open area instead of in a building, and the tasks were loading really slowly, and then that last Daithe task just  froze after Frabbi arrived, and I gave up.

I was hoping that  either the tunneling task would send me to new areas or that after I got my notes high enough I would be raised to the next status of servant or whatever, and I would access more areas and activities.  I just didn't get that far.

I can confirm that there were times that my mnc didn't want to load up when playing this mod. And when it did, it hardly ever recognized the added races(duplicated falmer races or skeever races). Just because they look like a skeever doesn't mean it is classified as a vanilla skeever. No, it's a aTIDsomethingSkeever race. But I was rather glad when MNC had trouble registering that particular race because the script was bombing my system by trying to constantly rape people everytime I am in that cell, even a mile away from them. Makes it hard for other scripts to fire up.

44 minutes ago, C5Kev said:

CF & MNC works fine, but thanks for your input.  It's my belief that the mods simply don't work - or very well - for me. Perhaps others will have a different experience.

The first part was for marymuir2, if the MCMs aren't showing for him i suspect something is wrong. ;)

The mod indeed doesn't work very well, but that's not Jaheems fault. The last time i played the original i was stuck somewhere at 

Everthing that works after that is because of Jaheems work which isn't finished yet, i understand you're disappointed but imho beeing grateful nevertheless wouldn't hurt. There is a list of both stuff fixed and chapters that should work, if you have a different experience, a proper description might help to fix it.

@marymuir2Hmmm. So i assume you started a new game with all mods installed? At least it would be very strange if TID would make MCMs disappear. What i could imagine is that TID tries to force MNC to recognize new races or there are some strange race edits MNC can't handle very well, during the time this mod was developed and now MNC had something like 20 updates, and i'm not even sure it worked very well in the first place... 

Anyways, now it sounds like something that actually might be relevant here, but unfortunatly i can't really help.

No, there's no way I could dis anybody's work on a project this big. Hoping I could be of help by sharing my experience with it though. Would love to see this mod  up to date. I had quite a bbit of fun and laughs playing it while still broken or outdated I should say.

I would love to see a similar type of mod for rieklings.

4 hours ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

The first part was for marymuir2, if the MCMs aren't showing for him i suspect something is wrong. ;)

The mod indeed doesn't work very well, but that's not Jaheems fault. The last time i played the original i was stuck somewhere at 

Everthing that works after that is because of Jaheems work which isn't finished yet, i understand you're disappointed but imho beeing grateful nevertheless wouldn't hurt. There is a list of both stuff fixed and chapters that should work, if you have a different experience, a proper description might help to fix it.

@marymuir2Hmmm. So i assume you started a new game with all mods installed? At least it would be very strange if TID would make MCMs disappear. What i could imagine is that TID tries to force MNC to recognize new races or there are some strange race edits MNC can't handle very well, during the time this mod was developed and now MNC had something like 20 updates, and i'm not even sure it worked very well in the first place... 

Anyways, now it sounds like something that actually might be relevant here, but unfortunatly i can't really help.

I'm not blaming Jahem or Delzaron for anything.  I believe my post explained how my game went and where I got stuck quite clearly in order to help diagnose what might be causing a problem.  Seems to me that's "a proper description".  Sure, it was disappointing, but that doesn't mean I'm ungrateful and not sure why you would even say that.  It sounds though that Jahem isn't going to update this anyway until Delzaron does something with the city, so all this may be a mute point anyhow. 

MaryMuir2 after meeting Daithe, Frabbi and Harold you are tasked to mine the rock blocking the way further she takes your rubble on habd you need 40 to complete the objective. At this point I had a few different happenings on different run through as I saved before starting quest. Once she walked through the wall so I couldnt report completion I eventually found her back at the slave quarters. Next time she just waited there. After reporting you go in further and after dialogue invulnerable dwemer giant bots start attacking you can run up stairs and escape down tunnle or go up stairs and follow to your left to pull lever to turn bots off leads to upgrading from slave to steward. the few times I have had quest givers stuck on dialogue I have rectified it by save, quit and reloading, or simply disable enabling target in console (~)

13 hours ago, CDP60 said:

MaryMuir2 after meeting Daithe, Frabbi and Harold you are tasked to mine the rock blocking the way further she takes your rubble on habd you need 40 to complete the objective. At this point I had a few different happenings on different run through as I saved before starting quest. Once she walked through the wall so I couldnt report completion I eventually found her back at the slave quarters. Next time she just waited there. After reporting you go in further and after dialogue invulnerable dwemer giant bots start attacking you can run up stairs and escape down tunnle or go up stairs and follow to your left to pull lever to turn bots off leads to upgrading from slave to steward. the few times I have had quest givers stuck on dialogue I have rectified it by save, quit and reloading, or simply disable enabling target in console (~)

thanks, for the record I started TID with fresh game, installed TID after first starting game  to verify it was working.  TID was working well for the first part, where you investigate, only started having problems after getting kidnapped and enslaved.

As Andragonfirefly noted, the script was bombing my system with skeever rape notifications whenever I was in that cell, and this was creating lag.

The game never got any further than Frabbi arriving,  the 3 NPCs just stood around and I got no further quest dialogue .  I tried quitting and reloading, but nothing changed.  It could be due to the all the skeever rape notifications, that was causing lag, but I waited a bit and was getting the usual "hmm?" type dialogue from the NPCs.

I'm grateful for the work done by Jahem to get TID running better, I definitely got further than before, I'm just disappointed to get so far and then have the quest freeze at this point. 

As I said, I've since started a new playthrough without TID, playing some other mod instead, and I'm not having any problems with MNC.  Although TID originally mentioned MNC as a dependency for the creature animations, I'm not sure of exactly how TID wants MNC to be set up.   Usually there's several steps involving creature framework etc to get MNC working, but I don't know if that's what TID wants?  I was hoping someone could clarify this.   When I noticed the missing creature schlongs, I went into MCM to check on those creatures and that's when I realised there was no MCM for either creature framework or MNC.

From the comments, it appears that the lack of falmer schlongs is due to those being given custom names and not using vanilla.  I was able to force this with named falmers  but not with the more generic ones.

Since further updates are waiting on Delzaron, I'll just leave this for now and wait and see what happens with this mod in the future.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...