Dickplomacy Reloaded for Mount and Blade Warband

I've taken the time to compare the stats and costs of the Queen's Blade gear to standard items in order to suggest some rough values/guidelines for balanced costs. Some of the QB armor was more than twice the cost of equivalent armor with near identical performance.

Some of the QB gear is also noticably lighter or heavier with different str requirements, so some difference may remain appropriate (eg Assassin's Dress, Hyrcanian & Plate Boots) but surely not twice+ more for only needing 6 str instead of 7...

If nothing else, this can at least serve as a reference.

Hyrcanian Armor +30/10, 14.0, base price 696

...Move to price of Tribal Warrior Outfit, +30/10, 14.0, 520 base value

Light custom Armor +30/10, 14.0, 1,000 base price

...Ditto, 520 base value.

Risty's Armor +36/8, 12.0, 1,700 (6s)

...Move to price of Cavalry Robe, +36/8, 15.0, 990

Assassin's Dress +40/12, 12.0, 3,000 (6s)

...Move to Mail Hauberk +40/12, 19.0, 1,320 (7s)

Scale Armor +42/12, 25.0, 2,500. (6s)

...Move to price of Sarranid Mail Shirt, +40/14, 19.0, base value 1,400 (7s)

Medium Custom Armor +42/12, 18.0, 3,000 (6s)

...Ditto, move to 1,400 base value.

Plate Armor +55/17, 27.0, 6,900 (8str)

...Move to Plate Armor +55/17, 27.0, 6,553 (9s) Actually, 6,900+ seems fine for the best armor at -1 str required. Alternatively drop armor value a point.

Heavy Custom Armor +55/17, 27.0, 9,000 (8str)
...Ditto, 6,553. As above.

Angelic Diadem +42, 1.5, 636

...Move to Sarranid Mail Coif +41, 3.0, 430
Plate Helm +51, 2.5, 811 (6s) 

...Adjust up to Vaegir War Mask +52, 3.5, 950 (7s)

Risty's Sandals +24, 2.0, 1,000

...Mail Chausses +24, 3.0, 530

Assassin Boots +28, 1.5, 1,666

...Splinted Greaves +28, 2.8, 853 (7s)

Angelic Boots +30, 3.0, 1,982

...Sarranid Mail Boots +30, 3.0, 920

Hyrcanian Boots +31, 2.5, 2,100

....Mail Boots +31, 3.0, 1,250 (8s)

Plate Boots +33, 3.5, 2,770 (6s)

...Plate Boots +33, 3.5, 1,770 (9s)

Weapons: Assuming that the models fit the length given, they match the Bastard Sword most closely of all the euro style 2h/1h swords, so I would base both of them on its stats. Maybe leave the strength requirement off and the cost high or something.

Sword (2h/1h) 37c/27p, 2.0, Speed 112/Reach 95, 696 (7s)

Angelic Sword (2h/1h) 50c/33p, 2.0, Speed 102, Reach 95,  696 (7s) (wtf damage, lol, this hits like a bardiche at laser speed)
...adjust both roughly to Bastard Sword (2h/1h) 35c/26p, 2.0, Speed 98/Reach 101, 294 (9s)

I went ahead and implemented most of the suggested changes above in the compiled file attached. Specifically, the armor prices have been normalized, meaning female custom troop trees can realistically wear the QB armor and be more or less competitive. Exceptions: didn't make the assassin line of stuff cheaper, it's a lot lighter. Left the QB plate and QB heavy custom at QB plate cost because it wasn't too crazy plus the QB plate doesn't require 9 str, which is starting to get up there.

Last but not least, I tweaked the stats of the two swords to be much closer to native. They are not identical to vanilla swords, though, so they will still find good niche uses, specifically for low strength builds.

This can be dropped into an ongoing game and things will update just fine.

item_kinds1.txt

Edit: Oh - I think this includes my changes to make all crossbows and bows do cutting damage instead of piercing, so if arrows and bolts bounce off heavy armor more often now, this is probably to blame. Take it or leave it.

5 hours ago, SexDwarf2250 said:

I went ahead and implemented most of the suggested changes above in the compiled file attached. Specifically, the armor prices have been normalized, meaning female custom troop trees can realistically wear the QB armor and be more or less competitive. Exceptions: didn't make the assassin line of stuff cheaper, it's a lot lighter. Left the QB plate and QB heavy custom at QB plate cost because it wasn't too crazy plus the QB plate doesn't require 9 str, which is starting to get up there.

Last but not least, I tweaked the stats of the two swords to be much closer to native. They are not identical to vanilla swords, though, so they will still find good niche uses, specifically for low strength builds.

This can be dropped into an ongoing game and things will update just fine.

item_kinds1.txt

Edit: Oh - I think this includes my changes to make all crossbows and bows do cutting damage instead of piercing, so if arrows and bolts bounce off heavy armor more often now, this is probably to blame. Take it or leave it.

I can decompile the items_kinds1.txt and modify the source and credit you. :)

Update: 

I fixed the troop ratio bug tonight, so you will be able to use the troop ratio bar no matter what minimap setting you are using. 

The rest of the "7" bugs, are mainly caused by how the queens blade armor works. Switching to the Queens Blade bodies would make it so there are only ~2 bugs left. Being the ship docking and the shield bash on player horse bug. The shield bash on player horse bug has to do with there being no check for if the player is on a horse which could probably be fixed in 1 line as soon as I figure out the operation that allows me to actually detect if the player agent is on a horse. 

The ship docking one I have no idea how to fix, but could probably figure it out with some help.

I switched to using the Queens Blade bodies, and need people to test the nightly build https://github.com/LilyModzStuff/warband_mod_source/tree/devel to see if the bugs people have been experiencing are fixed. It seems like the dialogue is fixed but a lot of people were experiencing tons of issues so it would help a lot if people could test the issues they were having. 

18 hours ago, LilyModzStuff said:

I switched to using the Queens Blade bodies, and need people to test the nightly build https://github.com/LilyModzStuff/warband_mod_source/tree/devel to see if the bugs people have been experiencing are fixed. It seems like the dialogue is fixed but a lot of people were experiencing tons of issues so it would help a lot if people could test the issues they were having. 

I would test it if I knew what to test exactly. I didn't really took note of the issues with QB, so a set of issues to look for and a way to reproduce them would be welcomed. If there is an issue open on the github, please do point to them.

1 hour ago, bicobus said:

I would test it if I knew what to test exactly. I didn't really took note of the issues with QB, so a set of issues to look for and a way to reproduce them would be welcomed. If there is an issue open on the github, please do point to them.

Okay thanks! :) here is the list of open issues: 
https://github.com/LilyModzStuff/warband_mod_source/issues

11 minutes ago, bicobus said:

I meant for the stuff you fixed and want people to test. I have no idea about how to test that stuff, and which stuff exactly?

Queens Blade stuff in general. I switched to the Queens Blade bodies as the default, and people have reported issues with the companions, issues with soliciting sex in taverns, and major issues with tattoos. 

1 hour ago, lemonyou said:

some of the items from cheat menu are bugged and either delete texture on character or not add at all, some say shoulder piece, booting piece which is not in character menu... is there separate file for adding diferent body parts?

No, those aren't bugged, they're just not armor. They are only armor parts from the modular QB armor system. You should be able to tell because they don't have any armor value etc.

1 hour ago, lemonyou said:

some of the items from cheat menu are bugged and either delete texture on character or not add at all, some say shoulder piece, booting piece which is not in character menu... is there separate file for adding diferent body parts?

As far as I know the Cheat Menu had an issue even in previous versions of completely crashing the game when accessing the last page, so I can't support usage of it at all as the cheat menu just queries all items, many of which shouldn't be seen or used due to how sex scenes work, but the Queens Blade stuff definitely causes a major interference for it to my knowledge. 

I honestly recommend just buying from the merchants because everything stable is flagged as merchandise and thus I can ensure that it won't cause any major issue, unless there is a bug. 

On 10/1/2018 at 4:48 AM, LilyModzStuff said:

If you need more testers and don't mind compiling it, I'll have time after Thursday. Easy install might encourage others, too.

21 minutes ago, SexDwarf2250 said:

If you need more testers and don't mind compiling it, I'll have time after Thursday. Easy install might encourage others, too.

That should work. ?

I just compiled the nightly devel source from my local Git repo and added in the added assets from the Git repo and zipped it, haven't tried actually launching it though, and this is the first time I have compiled the module from anywhere other than the module folder so I don't know if anything will go wrong. >_< 

compiled_nightly.zip