Dickplomacy Reloaded for Mount and Blade Warband

3 hours ago, Truncatedshark said:

Does customizing armor with Queens Blade work in this mod yet? If so, how do i do it, as the "custom armors" ingame do not work for me

If you are playing as a female character and have a customizable piece of equipment on you should be able to customize it in the camp menu. 

20 hours ago, facepoppies said:

Last question - Is there a way to edit starting stats for my custom troops? Like, number of points I can distribute and maybe removing the cap on the proficiencies?

You'd probably have to look into the scripts for that. Using Morgh's tools to change the txt files could only change their level. I haven't looked to deep into it, as many of the code really are just python lists and tuples, which makes it hard to fo a cursory glance.

I did manage to change the gold limitation though. So you can equip your custom troops with more expensive items. But that's about it.

13 minutes ago, ducktracy said:

You'd probably have to look into the scripts for that. Using Morgh's tools to change the txt files could only change their level. I haven't looked to deep into it, as many of the code really are just python lists and tuples, which makes it hard to fo a cursory glance.

I did manage to change the gold limitation though. So you can equip your custom troops with more expensive items. But that's about it.

Hmmm, I definitely don't have the know how to really deep dive into those things. Could you share how you changed the gold limitation?

1 hour ago, facepoppies said:

Hmmm, I definitely don't have the know how to really deep dive into those things. Could you share how you changed the gold limitation?

Ah, well, you'd still need to change a script (and rebuild the module) for it to work. In the source folder (located in your Dickplomacy Reloaded folder), you should find a file named "cstmmerge_constants.py". Open it with your favorite text editor (even Notepad would do, but I suggest something better), and look at line 4. That's where the function that controls how much money you have available per tier. Change that to your liking.

Also, this doesn't really remove the cap on proficiency, but in that same file, further down, you'd find the starting attributes (STR, AGI, INT, CHA) for your custom troops. You can edit that as well. Put in what you like.

After editing the file, save it (of course, make sure you have the correct permission if you're on Windows), and run compile.bat. It would give you a bunch of warnings, but they're all pretty much from unused vars, so no need to worry about that. Then you can go into the game and create a new game (I doubt it will work with an earlier save).

Compile.bat doesn't seem to do anything. A CMD window pops up and says "python" is not recognized as an internal or external command,  operable program or batch file. Press any key to continue. Then I press a key and it just closes.

42 minutes ago, facepoppies said:

Compile.bat doesn't seem to do anything. A CMD window pops up and says "python" is not recognized as an internal or external command,  operable program or batch file. Press any key to continue. Then I press a key and it just closes.

Forgot to mention that you must have Python 2.7 installed. Go to python.org and download it. Be sure to get Python 2.x.x and not 3.x.x.

Also, I just noticed this, but while you can certainly change your base attributes (STR, etc.), if you increase it, the points you can allocate during customization decreases, so not really worth doing. The gold/denar one seems to work fine, though. I'll continue fiddling with the source codes tomorrow.

13 hours ago, facepoppies said:

Last thing - why are all my lady custom troops old person faced?

That would be the modder's design decision. When I was rummaging around in the code, I did find something that looks to be something that dictates the custom soldier's age (and thereby, face). It seems that the higher your tier is, the older they'd look (haven't noticed anything ingame though, my guys are generally covered head to toe).

1 hour ago, ducktracy said:

That would be the modder's design decision. When I was rummaging around in the code, I did find something that looks to be something that dictates the custom soldier's age (and thereby, face). It seems that the higher your tier is, the older they'd look (haven't noticed anything ingame though, my guys are generally covered head to toe).

Same conclusion on your interpretation of the reason, but it wasn't necessarily by decision, more just the system in place. I am thinking about switching the old woman face textures with the young faces because I don't think anyone really likes looking at old women to be completely honest.   

15 minutes ago, LilyModzStuff said:

Same conclusion on your interpretation of the reason, but it wasn't necessarily by decision, more just the system in place. I am thinking about switching the old woman face textures with the young faces because I don't think anyone really likes looking at old women to be completely honest.   

Eh, you never know. I just found out the other day that some people are literal tree-humpers.

Also, is this on Github? I don't know if I can contribute now, but given enough time, I think I'll be able to learn enough about the mod to hopefully make something.

30 minutes ago, ducktracy said:

Eh, you never know. I just found out the other day that some people are literal tree-humpers.

Also, is this on Github? I don't know if I can contribute now, but given enough time, I think I'll be able to learn enough about the mod to hopefully make something.

Of course! :D Here is the github page. 
https://github.com/LilyModzStuff/warband_mod_source

Also, if you do end up contributing any help is appreciated!  

44 minutes ago, LilyModzStuff said:

To be completely honest, I rarely am looking at faces while playing this game.

Anyhow, I got a couple of inquiries about mb.

I last played mb a very long time ago, and some stuff don't look the same. For instance I had in memory that it was possible to sort the inventory, one way or another but I can't make it happen now. Probably part of a mod, though I made some research but couldn't find anything on the topic other than a PoC. Sorting the player inventory is quite nice, especially once we get a bag full of loot.

The ransom broker says to leave money with a trusted individual in case we get captured. But I have yet to find that option. Is it just assumed the player will be automatically brought back, and then pay a debt afterward? My character always escape, so I don't know.

- - -

Would it be possible to create static spot on the map, called brothels, so that when the player (and possibly other lords) gets defeated by bandits they would travel to one such spot and sell the PC to those establishment? The brothels is always neutral to all party, with an exception when a brothel holds a lord captive. If a lord is held in a brothel, that establishment can be raided by the faction the lord belongs to. Player escape chances are reduced while in the brothel, but can still happen - extra scenarios can be thought about, like a rebellion of whores and whatnot. Friends of the player can try a liberate operation and rivals of the player can come in gloating, but only if the establishment is close enough. For example, a Sarranid lord won't go all the way to the surrounding of Thir just to gloat or help the player. The whoring happens on a daily basis, like the bath-house mechanic.

1 hour ago, bicobus said:

To be completely honest, I rarely am looking at faces while playing this game.

Anyhow, I got a couple of inquiries about mb.

I last played mb a very long time ago, and some stuff don't look the same. For instance I had in memory that it was possible to sort the inventory, one way or another but I can't make it happen now. Probably part of a mod, though I made some research but couldn't find anything on the topic other than a PoC. Sorting the player inventory is quite nice, especially once we get a bag full of loot.

The ransom broker says to leave money with a trusted individual in case we get captured. But I have yet to find that option. Is it just assumed the player will be automatically brought back, and then pay a debt afterward? My character always escape, so I don't know.

- - -

Would it be possible to create static spot on the map, called brothels, so that when the player (and possibly other lords) gets defeated by bandits they would travel to one such spot and sell the PC to those establishment? The brothels is always neutral to all party, with an exception when a brothel holds a lord captive. If a lord is held in a brothel, that establishment can be raided by the faction the lord belongs to. Player escape chances are reduced while in the brothel, but can still happen - extra scenarios can be thought about, like a rebellion of whores and whatnot. Friends of the player can try a liberate operation and rivals of the player can come in gloating, but only if the establishment is close enough. For example, a Sarranid lord won't go all the way to the surrounding of Thir just to gloat or help the player. The whoring happens on a daily basis, like the bath-house mechanic.

1. Probably an implementation of this script https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?topic=89072.0
2. I don't know to be honest. 

3. Would it be possible? On a technical yes. Could I do it alone? Honestly, probably not because I don't know how to script triggers like that and am currently focused on fixing bugs. It would require me working with IntelligencePending and maybe a third person, and would probably take awhile to figure out how to implement. If someone wanted to commit it / work on it on the Github repository I would accept the request and credit them though.