Dickplomacy Reloaded for Mount and Blade Warband

6 minutes ago, hoovmoov said:

I have this horrible feeling in my stomach but I have to say I really hope one day all the best features from Floris Expanded, Dickplomacy reloaded, Floris Evolved, and Silverstag can all be combined into one glorious and beautiful mod the likes of which will be sung in songs far into the release of mount and blade: butterload. In fact when bannerlord comes out I think this mod, if ever used or moved or has a new one made for bannerlord, should totally be called butterload... because... you know. UHGHGNNn TAKE MY FUTA BUTTERLOAD!

hehe

Lily seems to be the only serious warband modder around right now that's active and really seems to love what they do and cares about their community, so I hope Lily can be the one to do it one day, somehow. I know it must be annoying to get it to cooperate together but the positive side is that all that mod content already exists, and just needs to be glued together somehow by someone smart like Lily. Lily maybe we can keep the filesize under 300mb... because 7Zip? I don't care if it takes up 4 gigs when I unzip...

I mean just out of curiousity, why put such a small limit on a mod that's so big and beautiful and needs room to grow? I don't want to ever alienate the main audience and cummunity of the dickplomacy reloaded mod because the adult stuff comes first, but imagine the fame and the following you could achieve if you got people to come for the sex and stay for the sex, plus the great mods saved from the grave! Lily could be that hero that brought back silverstag and floris expanded and evolved, not to mention dickplomacy back from the dead! Lily is a necromancer of nice things! You are an inspiration, and the potential, THE POTENTIAL! I can never undermine what you've already done but I must ask for more! WE need you Lily! you are our champion of sexy stuff and saving good mods!

Because the loverslab max file size is only 250mbs, and the only thing I can easily take out and it still be distributed easily is the source code. Also I send some testers complete versions of the module which is much easier when it is a smaller file size and not 4gbs. 

13 hours ago, LilyModzStuff said:

Because the loverslab max file size is only 250mbs, and the only thing I can easily take out and it still be distributed easily is the source code. Also I send some testers complete versions of the module which is much easier when it is a smaller file size and not 4gbs. 

But you can just use 7Zip and post the zipped file which will be much much smaller than the actual filesize. Alternatively as a second bonus option which really isn't even needed since 7Zip will just work great, you could have mod file part 1, part 2, and part 3, and people could extract all three to the same folder and rename that folder "dickplomacy reloaded" and drag and drop it into warband/modules folder. There are many very easy ways around that problem O_O

Updated request: https://github.com/LilyModzStuff/warband_mod_source/issues/56

"Expanded Silverdick Florivolved"

7 hours ago, hoovmoov said:

But you can just use 7Zip and post the zipped file which will be much much smaller than the actual filesize. Alternatively as a second bonus option which really isn't even needed since 7Zip will just work great, you could have mod file part 1, part 2, and part 3, and people could extract all three to the same folder and rename that folder "dickplomacy reloaded" and drag and drop it into warband/modules folder. There are many very easy ways around that problem O_O

The mod is already in a compressed zip archive. Other than that, it sounds like the size is also a design issue, not for users, but for developers and testers. If 7zip can compress further than whatever zip format we're using, by all means, test it and let us know.

By the way, I suspect there's a very good reason the Silverstag creator, who was certainly able to make changes in Floris (since he also worked on it), chose to make his mod outside of Floris. There may be a number of features that don't play together well.

Again, I think your best bet at selling your point would be naming features that Floris has that DP can't do without, rather than going drama-fanatic about a different mod - and convince people that it needs those features enough to put development of further sexytime features off... As much as I enjoyed both those mods, I can think of some features that I liked, some I didn't like, but none that were essential to gameplay that DP doesn't already have.

Take a look at the feature list of Floris and you might find that we already have most if not all of the core changes, there is significant overlap that would just create work without adding content, and most of the rest of the changes are just chaff. (New buildings? Who cares to be honest. New music? I have it turned off after hearing it for the 597th time.)

Don't get me wrong, I loved Floris and SS, but the only features I would even consider worth discussing (let alone possibly setting aside time for implementation) are:

GE: New Combat animations (Frankly they look more realistic, but some people dislike  them. I think there was an option not to install them, or at least a submod to remove.)

GE: Titles depending on possessions (This should be a small thing - right? Heh.)
GE: Several new orders, like: Skirmish mode, Volley Fire, Weapon Type Switch (Weapon type was handy at times.)

GE: Spear Bracing (A feature I wanted to love but rarely used, too cumbersome. A better thing in combination with it would have been "put spears/pikes at flanks of formations" or "put spears/pikes at front of formation.")

GE: Pre-battle orders & deployment (This IIRC had the ability to drop board shields in front of soldiers like a pavise. Has a few nice tweaks; see above, wanted to love it, but rarely took advantage and AI didn't of course. Plus, I think we can already memorize formation setups. More chaff in the end, sadly.)

8 hours ago, hoovmoov said:

I already use 7zip. 7zip doesn't work like magic, it can only compress a folder so much. The current file size if I remember correctly is over 400mbs and 7zip gets it to around 175mbs~. 

4 hours ago, SexDwarf2250 said:

The mod is already in a compressed zip archive. Other than that, it sounds like the size is also a design issue, not for users, but for developers and testers. If 7zip can compress further than whatever zip format we're using, by all means, test it and let us know.

By the way, I suspect there's a very good reason the Silverstag creator, who was certainly able to make changes in Floris (since he also worked on it), chose to make his mod outside of Floris. There may be a number of features that don't play together well.

Again, I think your best bet at selling your point would be naming features that Floris has that DP can't do without, rather than going drama-fanatic about a different mod - and convince people that it needs those features enough to put development of further sexytime features off... As much as I enjoyed both those mods, I can think of some features that I liked, some I didn't like, but none that were essential to gameplay that DP doesn't already have.

Take a look at the feature list of Floris and you might find that we already have most if not all of the core changes, there is significant overlap that would just create work without adding content, and most of the rest of the changes are just chaff. (New buildings? Who cares to be honest. New music? I have it turned off after hearing it for the 597th time.)

Don't get me wrong, I loved Floris and SS, but the only features I would even consider worth discussing (let alone possibly setting aside time for implementation) are:

GE: New Combat animations (Frankly they look more realistic, but some people dislike  them. I think there was an option not to install them, or at least a submod to remove.)

GE: Titles depending on possessions (This should be a small thing - right? Heh.)
GE: Several new orders, like: Skirmish mode, Volley Fire, Weapon Type Switch (Weapon type was handy at times.)

GE: Spear Bracing (A feature I wanted to love but rarely used, too cumbersome. A better thing in combination with it would have been "put spears/pikes at flanks of formations" or "put spears/pikes at front of formation.")

GE: Pre-battle orders & deployment (This IIRC had the ability to drop board shields in front of soldiers like a pavise. Has a few nice tweaks; see above, wanted to love it, but rarely took advantage and AI didn't of course. Plus, I think we can already memorize formation setups. More chaff in the end, sadly.)

I know that some of the features will conflict functionality wise, so of course I mean to add the best features from all the mods that are still compatible. for example I don't want to add 3 different banking mods, the best one will do, which ever it may be. we need not add all three, because of course that would be silly. Some of the things I really love from floris expanded (because it's the only other mod I was able to play that wasn't broken besided dickplomacy reloaded) where the huge increase in music and sound variety, I loved how there were many new weapons and armor and items added, I loved how all the military generals go around the map riding actual horses instead of everyone being foot soldiers walking around, and the horses all made this wonderful improved horse footstep sound that would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up "clippety clop cloppity click" lots of different new animations that make battles and just any people in the game feel more real and deep, the items also included fine and cheap and different quality versions of all the different foods like "fine wine" or "cheap grapes" or "exquisite bread" that had different costs but gave different moral bonuses, meat, fish, and chicken could rot in your inventory, most of the locations and castles and plant life were updated to look much more fresh and new and beautiful, just countless countless things I love from floris expanded. I loved the new buildings and expanded terrain borders, the foraging skill (let you gather food from the wild), the 6 new companions, and the extra different skins and hair options at character creation. It's true that dickplomacy reloaded already has many things from floris expanded, but what I just mentioned is definitely missing. I don't want to remove anything that's already in dickplomacy reloaded because I love what's there.

I had a huge amount of trouble and failed to find what exactly was added in floris evolved or silverstag, and barely caught mention of a few things only because they were mentioned in bug fix updates:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/silverstag

There are mentions of agility improving reloading speed, a sprinting system (which I feel is desperately needed) I'm not one to play AAA games made by big nasty evil corporations so I'm not one of those FPS tryhards that is addicted to sprint knifing everyone in cawadooty, so don't get me wrong or anything- but I do feel that some ability to run should be in warband considering how extremely slow it feels to move even with a good amount of points in the approporiate areas. Again I don't like and am not the cawadooty type and I normally hate this in any AAA game I ever touched in my life (and regretted) but silverstag also appeared to have some kind of perk system that allowed you to choose different enhancements depending on the type of character build you were making. This seems like it would work great in warband because it would add more depth without adding depth for no reason at all, but rather adding depth and complexity to your character and making it possible for you to actually play a more realistic different type of role depending on what type of adventurer you wanted to pretend to be. There's also the ability to pay money into your garrisons to train the troops better, which is awesome and I can't believe isn't already in vanilla. It also adds and changes loads of abilities and items.

All of these features make the game world feel much more rich and alive and take much longer to start to feel boring. It just gives the game this special magical atmosphere that allows me to immerse myself in a dreamlike experience and forget the rest of the world exists while I go on an adventure with people who I try to convince myself are real and not fake, maybe I will meet my heros in heaven.

These things spell just pure fun for me, and I can't imagine any good reasons why anyone would choose to Not add them. To me, they are a need, not a want. I desire to make right what is missing, because it feels right and I know it's right. I'm not diminishing  dickplomacy reloaded, but rather I want to see it grow to its potential.

3 hours ago, LilyModzStuff said:

I already use 7zip. 7zip doesn't work like magic, it can only compress a folder so much. The current file size if I remember correctly is over 400mbs and 7zip gets it to around 175mbs~. 

We could always just download the mod in parts, like part 1, part 2, part 3 etc. and instead of uploading the mod strictly on loverslab you could mirror it on a site like mega or any other well known alternative, which might let you get the mod out in even fewer parts because of a better filesize limit. I'm begging you. Please don't give up on this!

1 hour ago, hoovmoov said:

I know that some of the features will conflict functionality wise, so of course I mean to add the best features from all the mods that are still compatible. for example I don't want to add 3 different banking mods, the best one will do, which ever it may be. we need not add all three, because of course that would be silly. Some of the things I really love from floris expanded (because it's the only other mod I was able to play that wasn't broken besided dickplomacy reloaded) where the huge increase in music and sound variety, I loved how there were many new weapons and armor and items added, I loved how all the military generals go around the map riding actual horses instead of everyone being foot soldiers walking around, and the horses all made this wonderful improved horse footstep sound that would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up "clippety clop cloppity click" lots of different new animations that make battles and just any people in the game feel more real and deep, the items also included fine and cheap and different quality versions of all the different foods like "fine wine" or "cheap grapes" or "exquisite bread" that had different costs but gave different moral bonuses, meat, fish, and chicken could rot in your inventory, most of the locations and castles and plant life were updated to look much more fresh and new and beautiful, just countless countless things I love from floris expanded. I loved the new buildings and expanded terrain borders, the foraging skill (let you gather food from the wild), the 6 new companions, and the extra different skins and hair options at character creation. It's true that dickplomacy reloaded already has many things from floris expanded, but what I just mentioned is definitely missing. I don't want to remove anything that's already in dickplomacy reloaded because I love what's there.

I had a huge amount of trouble and failed to find what exactly was added in floris evolved or silverstag, and barely caught mention of a few things only because they were mentioned in bug fix updates:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/silverstag

There are mentions of agility improving reloading speed, a sprinting system (which I feel is desperately needed) I'm not one to play AAA games made by big nasty evil corporations so I'm not one of those FPS tryhards that is addicted to sprint knifing everyone in cawadooty, so don't get me wrong or anything- but I do feel that some ability to run should be in warband considering how extremely slow it feels to move even with a good amount of points in the approporiate areas. Again I don't like and am not the cawadooty type and I normally hate this in any AAA game I ever touched in my life (and regretted) but silverstag also appeared to have some kind of perk system that allowed you to choose different enhancements depending on the type of character build you were making. This seems like it would work great in warband because it would add more depth without adding depth for no reason at all, but rather adding depth and complexity to your character and making it possible for you to actually play a more realistic different type of role depending on what type of adventurer you wanted to pretend to be. There's also the ability to pay money into your garrisons to train the troops better, which is awesome and I can't believe isn't already in vanilla. It also adds and changes loads of abilities and items.

All of these features make the game world feel much more rich and alive and take much longer to start to feel boring. It just gives the game this special magical atmosphere that allows me to immerse myself in a dreamlike experience and forget the rest of the world exists while I go on an adventure with people who I try to convince myself are real and not fake, maybe I will meet my heros in heaven.

These things spell just pure fun for me, and I can't imagine any good reasons why anyone would choose to Not add them. To me, they are a need, not a want. I desire to make right what is missing, because it feels right and I know it's right. I'm not diminishing  dickplomacy reloaded, but rather I want to see it grow to its potential.

We could always just download the mod in parts, like part 1, part 2, part 3 etc. and instead of uploading the mod strictly on loverslab you could mirror it on a site like mega or any other well known alternative, which might let you get the mod out in even fewer parts because of a better filesize limit. I'm begging you. Please don't give up on this!

That's actually a request list I can work with. I can add sprinting and it was originally planned. I can also look into adding the food variety functionality and the forging skill is also a pretty popular OSP that might be able to be added in. Also I can see about the reload speed thing. I need to read up on how it works. 

Of all those things, I imagine forging would be best in terms of quality of life features and reducing non-enjoyable aspects of the game. I would like if we could have things crafted in bulk with discount, and include the QB items, to save time on running around and looking for gear to outfit companions or ourselves with. Now, Silverstag perks and troop abilities were pretty neat, but I would rank that somewhere after forging, mainly since I would also be concerned about the time needed for it versus payoff in terms of what it really adds to gameplay, specifically in the scope of DP.

On that note, after fixing bugs, I would prefer it if we had a sexual history report, because stats are (relatively) simple but can open the doors for smarter ways to add flavor and content later. (Also because, to be honest, there are 100 mod packs out there with most of the OSPs DP also includes, but the sexytime contents are what really make DP stand out.) Ideas:

The first step in a framework is to create variables and track them, to make it easier to expand on those later, to integrate it into the gameplay and do things such as:

• Have characters develop a reputation based on their sexual tendencies
  • Set NPCs to approach them not just randomly, but based on what they expect due to this
    (For example, think tavern drunks tailored to the situations your character gets into the most.)
  • Determine how aroused a character ought to be, dynamically
  • Introduce flavor messages, character statuses and mild penalties or buffs related to focus/distraction, charisma, persuasion, forcefulness, etc.
  • Have lords and ladies, for example in the courtship process, approach you differently based on their personality and your reputation

Based on that, here are 10 helpful sex stat categories to track when scenes happen:

• Gender preference: MalePartnersFucked vs FemalePartnersFucked
  • Character tends toward vanilla, aggression, or submission: PartnerConsented, PlayerAggressor, PlayerVictim. (willing or not, see next line below)
  • Dom/sub: MadeDemands (when other options present in convo), SubmittedToDemands (again, when choices were given - determines intent more so here than circumstance)

• Romantic Faithfulness: LastNPCFucked (name), PlayerWasFaithful (+1 if current partner is the same as Last), PlayerWasUnfaithful (+1 if not.) 
    (These only increase until Marriage happens)
  • Marital Faithfulness: PartnerWasSpouse, PartnerWasNonspouse (These do not increase until marriage happens.)

• Gold Digger: PartnerWasNoble, PartnerWasCommon... (this check skipped if one of the faithful stats was +1)
  • Prostitute: PlayerWasPaid, PlayerNotPaid (counts only consensual cases)
  • Sluttery: AgreedToProposals, RefusedProposals (ie when approached by random others with the option to refuse)

• Last had sex: DaysSinceLastFuck. 
  • FrequentFucker: increases at sex scenes if DaysSinceLastFuck < n. Decreases at a rate of x per week.

In addition to the straight-forward stats above, here are some random examples for derived rumors or statuses, you can imagine what sort of flavor messages, or stat or behaviour impacts they might have, from honor buffs to random events or certain characters liking you more or less.

Frigid/Limp: Checks DaysSinceLastFuck as well as Sluttery: Applies if character refuses sex all the time when approached and hasn't fucked in a long time.
Nympho/Decadent: Checks FrequentFucker as well as Sluttery: Applies if character is constantly having sex but also rarely refuses an approach.
Probably Cuckold: Limp (male), and is married.

Tremendous Appetites: Spouses > 2 and Nympho/Decadent.

Skilled in the Arts: MalePartnersFucked + FemalePartnersFucked is over 100.
Pathetic Joke: MadeDemands is higher than SubmittedToDemands, but PlayerVictim is higher than PlayerAggressor.

Rape Doll: PlayerVictim as well as SubmittedToDemands are higher than their counterparts.

Predator: PlayerAggressor as well as MadeDemands are higher than their counterparts.

Skillful Master/Mistress: MadeDemands is higher than counterparts, but PartnerConsented is also higher than counterparts.
Disease Infested: Prostitute, Nympho/Decadent as well as high Sluttery.
Debauched Pet: Character is Gold Digger and Nympho with higher SubmittedToDemands than counterpart stat.
Paragon of Virtue: Marital and Romantic Faithfulness are high, and character is not frigid or a sexual aggressor.

Etc...

20 hours ago, SexDwarf2250 said:

New buildings? Who cares to be honest.

I do. :(

I haven't played Floris much, but I remember Native Expanded had a lot of nifty extra buildings. Things like caltrops(enemies can't bring horses into battle), stables(regularly breeds horses), watchtowers, and more, for villages, smithy(can repair gear with negative modifiers), ammo re-supply for defenders during a siege, cathedral for elite troops, university for random increases to INT skills, and more that I forgot, for castles and cities.

4 hours ago, Pantheress said:

I haven't played Floris much, but I remember Native Expanded had a lot of nifty extra buildings. Things like caltrops(enemies can't bring horses into battle), stables(regularly breeds horses), watchtowers, and more, for villages, smithy(can repair gear with negative modifiers), ammo re-supply for defenders during a siege, cathedral for elite troops, university for random increases to INT skills, and more that I forgot, for castles and cities.

Oh, right, I forgot about those. I was thinking of new building textures in scenes. For what it's worth, watchtowers are vanilla, elite troops already come from the guild district, and it looks like we might be getting a smithy. I guess the rest of those features would still add more to gameplay than building textures. If it's as easy to add them all as it is to add one, why not - otherwise the siege defense ammo is probably the one remaining perk that really adds to gameplay.

If we're talking about OSP stuff, I was hoping we'd see some of the extended Formations options or some of the things that PBOD added later on, first, stuff like splitting troop types into more than one control group so you can put spears or cavalry on both flanks etc. I guess I feel like vanilla gameplay itself is 70% about the battles, although probably the most potential for modders is in the relatively underdeveloped political and diplomatic arena, which underpins the warfare aspect of the game. (No coincidence that Formations and Diplomacy are in practically every single mod.)

And political figures and diplomatic relationships is where sex stuff could tie in. Like say... using the polygamy feature to train a lady as a consort and then sending them to the court of a noble or ruler for their pleasure and good-will, etc. Alternately, as ruler, you may be sent a "gift" of such a consort by weaker neighbours... accept, and it helps relations, but declaring war on them results in finding out they had time to prepare, and a hidden ally joins them in war. Refuse and, of course, they are well insulted. Plus you don't get a cute consort dancing at court.

20 hours ago, LilyModzStuff said:

That's actually a request list I can work with. I can add sprinting and it was originally planned. I can also look into adding the food variety functionality and the forging skill is also a pretty popular OSP that might be able to be added in. Also I can see about the reload speed thing. I need to read up on how it works. 

Wow I didn't expect that kind of response, I guess all you needed was a good list. I had lots of trouble finding anything official and I appreciate everyones help and helping me get to this point in being able to articulate better what I was hoping for. Thank you. I hope you add all the updated textures and new items and sounds and everything I mentioned, not just food and sprinting. all of those things make the game much much better. :D

14 hours ago, SexDwarf2250 said:

Of all those things, I imagine forging would be best in terms of quality of life features and reducing non-enjoyable aspects of the game. I would like if we could have things crafted in bulk with discount, and include the QB items, to save time on running around and looking for gear to outfit companions or ourselves with. Now, Silverstag perks and troop abilities were pretty neat, but I would rank that somewhere after forging, mainly since I would also be concerned about the time needed for it versus payoff in terms of what it really adds to gameplay, specifically in the scope of DP.

On that note, after fixing bugs, I would prefer it if we had a sexual history report, because stats are (relatively) simple but can open the doors for smarter ways to add flavor and content later. (Also because, to be honest, there are 100 mod packs out there with most of the OSPs DP also includes, but the sexytime contents are what really make DP stand out.) Ideas:

Hide contents

The first step in a framework is to create variables and track them, to make it easier to expand on those later, to integrate it into the gameplay and do things such as:

• Have characters develop a reputation based on their sexual tendencies
  • Set NPCs to approach them not just randomly, but based on what they expect due to this
    (For example, think tavern drunks tailored to the situations your character gets into the most.)
  • Determine how aroused a character ought to be, dynamically
  • Introduce flavor messages, character statuses and mild penalties or buffs related to focus/distraction, charisma, persuasion, forcefulness, etc.
  • Have lords and ladies, for example in the courtship process, approach you differently based on their personality and your reputation

Based on that, here are 10 helpful sex stat categories to track when scenes happen:

• Gender preference: MalePartnersFucked vs FemalePartnersFucked
  • Character tends toward vanilla, aggression, or submission: PartnerConsented, PlayerAggressor, PlayerVictim. (willing or not, see next line below)
  • Dom/sub: MadeDemands (when other options present in convo), SubmittedToDemands (again, when choices were given - determines intent more so here than circumstance)

• Romantic Faithfulness: LastNPCFucked (name), PlayerWasFaithful (+1 if current partner is the same as Last), PlayerWasUnfaithful (+1 if not.) 
    (These only increase until Marriage happens)
  • Marital Faithfulness: PartnerWasSpouse, PartnerWasNonspouse (These do not increase until marriage happens.)

• Gold Digger: PartnerWasNoble, PartnerWasCommon... (this check skipped if one of the faithful stats was +1)
  • Prostitute: PlayerWasPaid, PlayerNotPaid (counts only consensual cases)
  • Sluttery: AgreedToProposals, RefusedProposals (ie when approached by random others with the option to refuse)

• Last had sex: DaysSinceLastFuck. 
  • FrequentFucker: increases at sex scenes if DaysSinceLastFuck < n. Decreases at a rate of x per week.

In addition to the straight-forward stats above, here are some random examples for derived rumors or statuses, you can imagine what sort of flavor messages, or stat or behaviour impacts they might have, from honor buffs to random events or certain characters liking you more or less.

Frigid/Limp: Checks DaysSinceLastFuck as well as Sluttery: Applies if character refuses sex all the time when approached and hasn't fucked in a long time.
Nympho/Decadent: Checks FrequentFucker as well as Sluttery: Applies if character is constantly having sex but also rarely refuses an approach.
Probably Cuckold: Limp (male), and is married.

Tremendous Appetites: Spouses > 2 and Nympho/Decadent.

Skilled in the Arts: MalePartnersFucked + FemalePartnersFucked is over 100.
Pathetic Joke: MadeDemands is higher than SubmittedToDemands, but PlayerVictim is higher than PlayerAggressor.

Rape Doll: PlayerVictim as well as SubmittedToDemands are higher than their counterparts.

Predator: PlayerAggressor as well as MadeDemands are higher than their counterparts.

Skillful Master/Mistress: MadeDemands is higher than counterparts, but PartnerConsented is also higher than counterparts.
Disease Infested: Prostitute, Nympho/Decadent as well as high Sluttery.
Debauched Pet: Character is Gold Digger and Nympho with higher SubmittedToDemands than counterpart stat.
Paragon of Virtue: Marital and Romantic Faithfulness are high, and character is not frigid or a sexual aggressor.

Etc...

That sounds really fun and all and I do hope it eventually does get added but as you say yourself, I value actual gameplay content being prioritized over highly time consuming nightmarishly complicated stat systems that are hidden off in some menu somewhere to be totally and completely honest here.

4 hours ago, Pantheress said:

I care about new buildings and EVERYTHING you mentioned ALOT too!

44 minutes ago, SexDwarf2250 said:

Oh, right, I forgot about those. I was thinking of new building textures in scenes. For what it's worth, watchtowers are vanilla, elite troops already come from the guild district, and it looks like we might be getting a smithy. The rest of the features like infinite ammo or being able to get horses (?), I don't know how much they would truly add to gameplay (can you think of others?) but admittedly it'd have to be more than building textures... for example, though, I'd rather have some of the extended Formations options or some of the things that PBOD added later on, stuff like splitting troop types into more than one control group so you can put spears or cavalry on both flanks etc.

I guess I feel like vanilla gameplay itself is 70% about the battles, although probably the most potential for modders is in the relatively underdeveloped political and diplomatic arena, which underpins the warfare aspect of the game. (No coincidence that Formations and Diplomacy are in practically every single mod.) And political figures and diplomatic relationships is where sex stuff could tie in. Like say... using the polygamy feature to train a lady as a consort and then sending them to the court of a noble or ruler for their pleasure and good-will, etc. Alternately, as ruler, you may be sent a "gift" of such a consort... accept, and it helps relations, but declaring war on them results in finding out they had time to prepare, and a hidden ally joins them in war. Refuse and, of course, they are well insulted. Plus you don't get a cute consort dancing at court.

What's your opinion on control groups and battle formations? Other than the idea of having people make that spike dome from 300 "THIS IS SPARTA!!!" which would be pretty cool, I feel like all the hotkeys and order controls are frustrating and complicated and I only memorized a few of the simple much needed ones. I feel like all the formations and groups are just not my type of thing to be honest. I did see the AI in floris expanded do that automatically in what it likes to call "field battles" and in that case I was pleased because I didn't have to tell the AI to go do it because floris expanded's AI already knew to do it all on its own. Personally, adding a system where I have to twist my fingers through 100 hotkey bindings to get the AI to go a certain way is at the bottom, even not at all on my wishlist. I liked the way floris expanded handled it because I could simply focus on the battle.

2 hours ago, hoovmoov said:

That sounds really fun and all and I do hope it eventually does get added but as you say yourself, I value actual gameplay content being prioritized over highly time consuming nightmarishly complicated stat systems that are hidden off in some menu somewhere to be totally and completely honest here.

Adding a +1 to a variable and displaying it later is not nightmarishly complicated. In fact, I think it may be much easier than adding old OSPs due to content overlap and conflicts.

I care about new buildings and EVERYTHING you mentioned ALOT too!

I dunno, so you really feel like it adds actual gameplay value to have another building that lets you get horses, apparently?

What's your opinion on control groups and battle formations? 

The current system is obviously better than vanilla but still lacking. 

Typically I use ranks for infantry to spare the soft recruits and put heavy armor on the front line. I often give the recruits long polearms since they end up being in the back that way anyhow, rarely have bows, and some of the pikes are easy to stab past friendly ranks, overhead. However, if I have shields in the mix (usually from armies that joined) I might use shield wall formation if the enemy is in a good position with archers, since currently all my own infantry have polearms and bows (later), but no shields. (thinking about making the low tiers spear and shield, and seeing how painful it is to switch from shieldwall to ranks close to the enemy.)

If the enemy has lots of melee cavalry and superior numbers, I will dismount my cavalry on a hill, and have the infantry form a square on top of the cavalry until the enemy cavalry is exhausted. The only formation I hardly ever use is wedge, but cavalry gameplay is so old and stale to me anyway, I hardly ever use it any more, mostly just a handful or only the companions, to target and disrupt enemy archers.

However, I'm sorely missing features in my current campaign, which I think came from PBOD or maybe one of the OSPs that expands Formations.

For instance, I have pikes in the lower tiers, but can't split control groups to put them on both flanks, so the circling cavalry is more annoying than it should be. I end up just leaving them in the infantry type. I also don't have pike bracing, which is kinda ok because it was too tricky to get to work, and can't get crossbows to deploy pavises, but of course,  the AI did not really take full advantage of the small cover. So for now I'm rolling a polearm infantry army with great success (have taken over all Nord lands and just took the last of the Vaegir territories as well - king in the north, haha)... but, for example, even so I would like to outfit them with shields as well, only for approaching the enemy... and we're also missing the command to make troops toggle shields, etc. Sigh.

I mean, the usefulness of all that assumes someone knows how to move troops remotely via hotkey, can manage to press 3 buttons in sequence, and doesn't just F1F3zerg with massed cavalry every single round, sooo yeah.

13 minutes ago, SexDwarf2250 said:

Adding a +1 to a variable and displaying it later is not nightmarishly complicated. In fact, I think it may be much easier than adding old OSPs due to content overlap and conflicts.

I dunno, so you really feel like it adds actual gameplay value to have another building that lets you get horses, apparently?

The current system is obviously better than vanilla but still lacking. 

Typically I use ranks for infantry to spare the soft recruits and put heavy armor on the front line. I often give the recruits long polearms since they end up being in the back that way anyhow, rarely have bows, and some of the pikes are easy to stab past friendly ranks, overhead. However, if I have shields in the mix (usually from armies that joined) I might use shield wall formation if the enemy is in a good position with archers, since currently all my own infantry have polearms and bows (later), but no shields. (thinking about making the low tiers spear and shield, and seeing how painful it is to switch from shieldwall to ranks close to the enemy.)

If the enemy has lots of melee cavalry and superior numbers, I will dismount my cavalry, and have the infantry form a square on top of the cavalry until the enemy cavalry is exhausted. The only formation I hardly ever use is wedge, but cavalry gameplay is so old and stale to me anyway, I hardly ever use it any more, mostly just a handful or only the companions, to target enemy archers.

However, I'm sorely missing features in my current campaign, which I think came from PBOD or maybe one of the OSPs that expands Formations.

For instance, I have pikes in the lower tiers, but can't split control groups to put them on both flanks, so the circling cavalry is more annoying than it should be. I end up just leaving them in the infantry type. I also can't get crossbows to deploy pavises, but of course, that feature was always a bit questionable because the AI did not fully take advantage of the small cover. So for now I'm rolling a polearm infantry army with great success (have taken over all Nord lands and just took the last of the Vaegir territories as well - king in the north, haha)... but, for example, even so I would like to outfit them with shields as well, only for approaching the enemy... and we're also missing the command to make troops toggle shields, etc. Sigh.

I mean, the usefulness of all that assumes someone knows how to move troops remotely via hotkey, can manage to press 3 buttons in sequence, and doesn't just F1F3zerg with massed cavalry every single round, sooo yeah.

A lot of OSPs need to be updated to the silverstag / floris versions so that might be the case with the formations.

20 minutes ago, LilyModzStuff said:

A lot of OSPs need to be updated to the silverstag / floris versions so that might be the case with the formations.

That would be nice. There are mainly two things I miss: toggling shields (or specific weapon types) and splitting control groups. Polearm bracing and pavise style shield deployment just never worked quite well enough to be practical, though both looked and felt cool as heck.

Considering that, I don't mind if it comes later down the line. If deployed shield cover was enlarged, that feature might be worthwhile.

Can't wait to see the next updates, regardless of what gets priority, by the way! ?

I recently bought Warband (that is, I had it years ago, but it went MIA), and was wondering, whether there are some nice mods out there. So I checked LoversLab. And I found this one. I'm going to install it, but I like my game modded as hell, so I was wondering, if you guys have some recommendations for mods, that'll go along this one and with each other. May be one, may be 100, as long as you consider them good and as long as they work with this one.

29 minutes ago, XxSLaYeRZzxX said:

I recently bought Warband (that is, I had it years ago, but it went MIA), and was wondering, whether there are some nice mods out there. So I checked LoversLab. And I found this one. I'm going to install it, but I like my game modded as hell, so I was wondering, if you guys have some recommendations for mods, that'll go along this one and with each other. May be one, may be 100, as long as you consider them good and as long as they work with this one.

Warband can only use 1 module at once, unless you modify source and recompile, there are a list of OSPs (Open Source Project) scripts and what not on the TaleWorlds forum. For textures you can use retexture

5 minutes ago, LilyModzStuff said:

Warband can only use 1 module at once, unless you modify source and recompile, there are a list of OSPs (Open Source Project) scripts and what not on the TaleWorlds forum. For textures you can use retexture

Ooooh... So I can use multiple mods, but need to play around with the ones that allow multiple mods? Am I understanding correctly? If yes, then any recommendations, when it comes to those mods? And can this one work with the others? What about item mods?

Here's a community script we aren't using yet that I see no reason not to - it lets you force recruit 30 villagers for -15 relation. Source in spoiler of this post.

(By the way, I've also found that the custom troops you can create via the OSP  won't let a troop have more than one melee weapon, and it won't give it its' shield if it doesn't have a 1h melee or throwing weapon either, so weapon - and shield - switching would be less useful unless that's addressed. EG, if you give 1h/2h/shield to a troop template, each soldier will only have either the 1h/shield, or only the 2h, even though you pay for all of it for each soldier. Another EG, if you have a troop template with a 2h and a shield, they will all spawn with the 2h and no shield.)

("forced_recruits",
      [
        # Standard check
        (neg|party_slot_eq, "$current_town", slot_village_state, svs_looted),
        (neg|party_slot_eq, "$current_town", slot_village_state, svs_being_raided),
        (neg|party_slot_ge, "$current_town", slot_village_infested_by_bandits, 1),

# Check if relation is enough to allow for recruitment
        (assign, ":mod_amount", 30),
        (assign, ":mod_rel_change", -15),
        (party_get_slot, ":mod_relation", "$current_town", slot_center_player_relation),
        (store_sub, ":mod_limit", -99, ":mod_rel_change"),
        (ge, ":mod_relation", ":mod_limit"),

# Check if party have enough free slots
        (party_get_free_companions_capacity, ":mod_capacity", "p_main_party"),
        (ge, ":mod_capacity", ":mod_amount"),
       ]
       ,"Force villagers to join your army.",
       [
         # Add troops
         (party_get_slot, ":mod_troop", "$current_town", slot_center_volunteer_troop_type),
         (party_add_members, "p_main_party", ":mod_troop", 30),
         # Change relation
         (call_script, "script_change_player_relation_with_center", "$current_town", -15),

(jump_to_menu,"mnu_village"),
        ]),

1 hour ago, XxSLaYeRZzxX said:

Ooooh... So I can use multiple mods, but need to play around with the ones that allow multiple mods? Am I understanding correctly? If yes, then any recommendations, when it comes to those mods? And can this one work with the others? What about item mods?

Warband only allows for one module to be loaded at once. However, you can modify the modules source code to add in community made scripts. This mod is standalone and is not compatible at all with other modules. Unless you extract the source code changes and insert them into the source code of other open source modules. Item mods work fine, you just have to download item osps, and add them into module_items.py and recompile the module. 

24 minutes ago, SexDwarf2250 said:

Here's a community script we aren't using yet that I see no reason not to - it lets you force recruit 30 villagers for -15 relation. Source in spoiler of this post.

(By the way, I've also found that the custom troops you can create via the OSP  won't let a troop have more than one melee weapon, and it won't give it its' shield if it doesn't have a 1h melee or throwing weapon either, so weapon - and shield - switching would be less useful unless that's addressed. EG, if you give 1h/2h/shield to a troop template, each soldier will only have either the 1h/shield, or only the 2h, even though you pay for all of it for each soldier. Another EG, if you have a troop template with a 2h and a shield, they will all spawn with the 2h and no shield.)

Hide contents

("forced_recruits",
      [
        # Standard check
        (neg|party_slot_eq, "$current_town", slot_village_state, svs_looted),
        (neg|party_slot_eq, "$current_town", slot_village_state, svs_being_raided),
        (neg|party_slot_ge, "$current_town", slot_village_infested_by_bandits, 1),

# Check if relation is enough to allow for recruitment
        (assign, ":mod_amount", 30),
        (assign, ":mod_rel_change", -15),
        (party_get_slot, ":mod_relation", "$current_town", slot_center_player_relation),
        (store_sub, ":mod_limit", -99, ":mod_rel_change"),
        (ge, ":mod_relation", ":mod_limit"),

# Check if party have enough free slots
        (party_get_free_companions_capacity, ":mod_capacity", "p_main_party"),
        (ge, ":mod_capacity", ":mod_amount"),
       ]
       ,"Force villagers to join your army.",
       [
         # Add troops
         (party_get_slot, ":mod_troop", "$current_town", slot_center_volunteer_troop_type),
         (party_add_members, "p_main_party", ":mod_troop", 30),
         # Change relation
         (call_script, "script_change_player_relation_with_center", "$current_town", -15),

(jump_to_menu,"mnu_village"),
        ]),

I can try and add that in later, thanks. :)

56 minutes ago, SexDwarf2250 said:

Yeah, figure out how to add Combat Animation Enhancement mod to this one, and when you do, post your work over on the Github for this mod so we can all benefit. :P

Well, I'm not much of a modder, but I can take a look. I do like me my nice animations, that's for sure. Still, I played with Skyrim's and Fallout's mods until now, so I have no idea how to do it in Warband, at the moment.

6 hours ago, SexDwarf2250 said:

It's not a +1 that worries me, it's the giant list of those things and how they connect to each other that makes it complicated. Personally to me it doesn't add any value, but what would add value is to see those things actually come up and become a part of the gameplay rather than a stat that doesn't do anything like when you get a high score in pacman and it just sits there like "you did this 100000 points select name" " A S S  (heh) I mean I rather get this in but after all the bugs, then after more sex stuff, then after all the existing content gets patched in, and then finally deeper stuff like what you mentioned. I'm no code expert so maybe Lily can bonk me on the head and say "dwarf is right!" in that case I will admit you're right if it's true.

6 hours ago, SexDwarf2250 said:

it's not just one horse building that adds gameplay value, it's the combination of several several different features that add complexity and depth and realism that enrich the game environment and make it more immersive. I'm not just throwing buzzwords around, I actually like it when all these special little features add up, because they do. It's like a baking recipe. if you don't add the sugar, it's still okay but it's just not sweet. maybe someone forgot to add that pinch of nutmeg or cinnamon. who knows. every little ingredient counts.