Dickplomacy Reloaded for Mount and Blade Warband

1 hour ago, bicobus said:

Only if (le, ":total_land", ":acres_needed") is true (le = lesser or equal?). So if the amount of land is higher than required, for some reason, the logic assume the player did buy something. total_land is a sum of land_player and land_town. I believe both variables can change based on prosperity and population.

In my games, I had several thing occurs:

• negative land owned with negative rent.
  • no land owned with positive rent.
  • negative land owned with positive rent.

As I said earlier, I don't understand the scripting for mb:w. I have no idea what (val_mul, ":land_player", ":revenue") does. Which variable change? Multiply revenue by land_player? But then, right after, we have (party_set_slot, ":town_no", slot_rent, ":land_player") which indicate that it is in fact land_player that changed. I really don't know, and I haven't been able to find documentation on the api.

Right. I don't code in python, but here is what I make of this.

(try_begin),                                                            #    Player Consequences
                    (le, ":total_land", ":acres_needed"), If total land is less or equals (le) the acres actually needed,the town has a shortage of land to grow into, this results in demand/profit
                    (val_mul, ":land_player", ":revenue"), Therefor we now take the amount in revenue and multiply the value by any amount of land that the player has. This goes into land_player. Beware that this naming convention of variables does not necessarily mean that the variable represents how much land the player has. It might be "this is the money that is forthcoming from player land"
                    (party_set_slot, ":town_no", slot_rent, ":land_player"), Now we find the rent slot for the selected town number and assign land_player to it.

(else_try), OTOH If there is not a demand for land to grown into,
                    (store_mul, ":penalty", ":surplus", -1), Make the surplus variable negative and stick it into penalty. 
                    (val_add, ":penalty", ":revenue"), Now add the revenue value into the penalty...
                    (try_begin),
                        (ge, ":penalty", 85), If the resulting penalty is greater or equals 85
                        (val_mul, ":land_player", ":penalty"), Take the land the player owns and multiply it by the penalty. This number replaces land_player.
                        (party_set_slot, ":town_no", slot_rent, ":land_player"), Again we find the rent slot for the town number in question and assign land_player to it
                    (else_try), ...yeah, someone who actually knows python really needs to look at all this, hopefully it helped some.
                        (store_sub, ":non_rented", ":surplus", 15),
                        (val_sub, ":land_player", ":non_rented"),
                        (try_begin),                                                    #    Safety check // No penalty on rent should turn rent negative.
                            (lt, ":penalty", 0),
                            (assign, ":penalty", 0),
                        (try_end),
                        (val_mul, ":land_player", ":penalty"),
                        (party_set_slot, ":town_no", slot_rent, ":land_player"),
                        (val_mul, ":non_rented", -50),
                        (party_set_slot, ":town_no", slot_upkeep, ":non_rented"),
                    (try_end),
                (try_end),

2 hours ago, bicobus said:

As I said earlier, I don't understand the scripting for mb:w. I have no idea what (val_mul, ":land_player", ":revenue") does. Which variable change?

You can find an explanation of all the WB functions in header_operations.py. For val_mul it's

(val_mul,<destination>,<value>)

It changes the first variable.

2 hours ago, bicobus said:

Only if (le, ":total_land", ":acres_needed") is true (le = lesser or equal?). So if the amount of land is higher than required, for some reason, the logic assume the player did buy something. total_land is a sum of land_player and land_town. I believe both variables can change based on prosperity and population.

In my games, I had several thing occurs:

• negative land owned with negative rent.
  • no land owned with positive rent.
  • negative land owned with positive rent.

As I said earlier, I don't understand the scripting for mb:w. I have no idea what (val_mul, ":land_player", ":revenue") does. Which variable change? Multiply revenue by land_player? But then, right after, we have (party_set_slot, ":town_no", slot_rent, ":land_player") which indicate that it is in fact land_player that changed. I really don't know, and I haven't been able to find documentation on the api.

Hello! The documentation is in header_operations. the vars with ":" in front of them are local vars, they only exist for the purpose of that specific script. Things like "party_set_slot" are operations that are defined in headers.

Edit: sorry I responded from the 13th page and didn't see the 14th page :(

have you ever thought of adding more events like when you enter a place you can get attacked by bandits or when your walking around a town,camp or city people will come up to you for you to do something for them. example: you raided a village and a villager or villagers from that village demand something from you.

another thing have a sleep system were you wait for a day instead of the original wait system they have and a companion or troop will wake you up if somethings happens and an assassin or someone can attack you when your sleeping

its just a thought 

3 hours ago, bicobus said:

It's not python though, it's some kind of pseudo code. The only pythonic thing in those files are the tuples (...) and lists [...]. You can take the logic and convert it into whatever you're comfortable with.

I'm pretty sure that's actual code, not pseudo. Remember the M&B series started development like almost two decades ago, so it's probably last generation's python.

I know this is probably massively obvious to literally anyone else, but I install by dropping it in "modules" and selecting via the launcher right? is there a specific game version, or DLC requirement or anything? every time I launch it CTD's at "processing ini file". I'm using steam version 1.173(latest?) I think.

I honestly looked through the entire thread, and couldn't find any information on what my issue should be. again, sorry if this is a super obvious easy fix that I've just missed cos it's 3:30am :P

56 minutes ago, Mikromancer said:

I know this is probably massively obvious to literally anyone else, but I install by dropping it in "modules" and selecting via the launcher right? is there a specific game version, or DLC requirement or anything? every time I launch it CTD's at "processing ini file". I'm using steam version 1.173(latest?) I think.

I honestly looked through the entire thread, and couldn't find any information on what my issue should be. again, sorry if this is a super obvious easy fix that I've just missed cos it's 3:30am :P

Make sure you've got the folder unpacked. Warband modding is just shoving the folder in modules and running it from there, and the only DLC for Warband is different modules.

Try downloading the mod again and putting the new file in, something might've gotten messed up with the original download. Might want to reinstall Warband if that doesn't work. You've got all the steps, it's just weird.

5 hours ago, losedanger said:

Is there any way to customize your kingdom troop's armor if you give them a QB custom armor?

The standard QB added armor works, of course, but the armor customization part of QB only works for the player and companions, as far as I could tell.

Speaking of, has Dickplomacy converted some of the QB footwear to the DP body? It seems almost impossible to find footwear that doesn't clip when wearing QB armor. I think I found only 2 sets of footwear (that don't clip in QB), and I know QB has added more than that.

I seem to have found an odd bug. If you go into the screen that lets you change how your companions auto-upgrade, and one of them is wearing customizable armor, changing their upgrade options changes their armor, and can also break their skin texture. Having tons of fun with all the new features, by the way. ?

Also, random screenshots.

48700_screenshots_20180921215716_1.jpg

48700_screenshots_20180920233548_1.jpg

48700_screenshots_20180826150209_1.jpg

48700_screenshots_20180911202101_1.jpg

43 minutes ago, SexDwarf2250 said:

I seem to have found an odd bug. If you go into the screen that lets you change how your companions auto-upgrade, and one of them is wearing customizable armor, changing their upgrade options changes their armor, and can also break their skin texture. Having tons of fun with all the new features, by the way. ?

Also, random screenshots.

Hide contents

48700_screenshots_20180921215716_1.jpg

48700_screenshots_20180920233548_1.jpg

48700_screenshots_20180826150209_1.jpg

48700_screenshots_20180911202101_1.jpg

In all honesty the mod is a bit broken in it's current state and there are some issues that I just don't know how to go about fixing on my own to be honest. :/ 

5 minutes ago, LilyModzStuff said:

In all honesty the mod is a bit broken in it's current state and there are some issues that I just don't know how to go about fixing on my own to be honest. :/ 

It's not a big problem, if you re-customize their gear and change the tattoo the skin texture comes back. I just avoid the auto-upgrade for customed armor companions. ?

8 minutes ago, LilyModzStuff said:

imo this is due to too many stuff being added, but it's not doing anything to enhance gameplay such as ships, its broken when u can just solo 40+ vikings or pirates due to a pathing bug where the npc is stuck on the bottleneck plank between the ships, the QB armors most of them have body textures which is different from the default nude body, causing textures problems when equiped, the enhance tournaments just promotes a me!me!me! attitude, i tend to prefer the vanilla approach where teamwork is necessary to win tournaments unless u build a special character with max combat skills..., the land ownership is such a tedious chore as u hv to manually collect it every week as if the game doesn't have enough micro management already..

imo, we should concentrate on stuff that enhances gameplay e.g. working as a prostitute it should not be such a chore i.e. having to always solicit for just a couple of denars? there should be an auto mode like when u rest with the option to watch given at the start after which it just runs till its stop.

it's always nice to add more but really the current map just holds alot of stuff back as its not designed for the stuff thats being put in, imo either migrate to something like warwolf's map or just concentrate on enhancing existing gameplay such as iteraction between companions, lords, ladies etc..

my 2 cents, but really do keep up the good work, mod is awesome as compared to the original!!!

48 minutes ago, Whizkid said:

too many stuff being added [...] i tend to prefer the vanilla approach

Nah, a lot of these things were added because the work was already done, and it's 100x faster to add existing modules than create your own. This is excellent use of the modders' time. On top of this, new additions will always have bugs. There will always be a period of cleaning things up. After adding more things, there is more to clean up.

Everything you complained about is hardly game-breaking, either, many of the same issues are present in vanilla, like pathfinding, and virtually all of it is optional or can be customized, so just don't use boats/whatever if you can't figure out how to make good use of them without resorting to exploits. And "the current map just holds alot of stuff back," I'm not even sure if the post was meant seriously at this point, though I agree that I would like to see more complex interactions in the framework of a sex/slavery/domination mod.

9 hours ago, Whizkid said:

imo this is due to too many stuff being added, but it's not doing anything to enhance gameplay such as ships, its broken when u can just solo 40+ vikings or pirates due to a pathing bug where the npc is stuck on the bottleneck plank between the ships, the QB armors most of them have body textures which is different from the default nude body, causing textures problems when equiped, the enhance tournaments just promotes a me!me!me! attitude, i tend to prefer the vanilla approach where teamwork is necessary to win tournaments unless u build a special character with max combat skills..., the land ownership is such a tedious chore as u hv to manually collect it every week as if the game doesn't have enough micro management already..

imo, we should concentrate on stuff that enhances gameplay e.g. working as a prostitute it should not be such a chore i.e. having to always solicit for just a couple of denars? there should be an auto mode like when u rest with the option to watch given at the start after which it just runs till its stop.

it's always nice to add more but really the current map just holds alot of stuff back as its not designed for the stuff thats being put in, imo either migrate to something like warwolf's map or just concentrate on enhancing existing gameplay such as iteraction between companions, lords, ladies etc..

my 2 cents, but really do keep up the good work, mod is awesome as compared to the original!!!

I wasn't planning on adding more this second but rather just bug fixing existing content in the mod.

I've played about 20 hours on 1.31 and 1.4 and so far I've been having a lot of fun with this module. Definitely worth playing over the original Dickplomacy imo.

Some things I'd like to suggest:

Add consensual options to recruit women for the brothel, for example by freeing prisoners and persuading villagers with a bonus to the persuasion check if the village is poor

Add an option to turn off the dancing single ladies at feasts

Add an option to quickly end the sex animations

Add a messenger system where you can send a guy on horseback to order vassals to assemble if you're king or marshal

Increase the amount of time before the quest is failed when summoned by a marshal for a campaign

Fix the effect of sinking into your horse when you're kicked while mounted or give immunity to kicks and shield bashes while mounted

Allow patrols to scale along with bandits so they don't get annihilated by them late in the game

Fix doppelganger wives who are in your retinue and traveling to a nearby town to buy bread at the same time

I don't know anything about Warband mod creation so I don't know how easy these will be to implement.

14 minutes ago, Chagong said:

I've played about 20 hours on 1.31 and 1.4 and so far I've been having a lot of fun with this module. Definitely worth playing over the original Dickplomacy imo.

Some things I'd like to suggest:

Add consensual options to recruit women for the brothel, for example by freeing prisoners and persuading villagers with a bonus to the persuasion check if the village is poor

Add an option to turn off the dancing single ladies at feasts

Add an option to quickly end the sex animations

Add a messenger system where you can send a guy on horseback to order vassals to assemble if you're king or marshal

Increase the amount of time before the quest is failed when summoned by a marshal for a campaign

Fix the effect of sinking into your horse when you're kicked while mounted or give immunity to kicks and shield bashes while mounted

Allow patrols to scale along with bandits so they don't get annihilated by them late in the game

Fix doppelganger wives who are in your retinue and traveling to a nearby town to buy bread at the same time

I don't know anything about Warband mod creation so I don't know how easy these will be to implement.

If you enable cheat mode it should allow you to end sex scenes quickly. 

Thanks for the update! Just some feedback:

• QB adds two bastard swords, the sonja sword and the angela sword, which have some crazy stats and could probably stand to be brought close to vanilla bastard sword values.
  • The mercenary menu from the city is great but costs probably need tweaking: for example, I can't imagine someone justifying getting a nord archer for 700 when 1000 would get them a swadian knight. The archers should probably be closer to a third of the knight's cost or less, and perhaps the knights should be swadian men at arms. Not sure about the rest.
  • Lastly, it would be nice if the female QB armors could cost as much as their male equivalent in the same armor range rather than more.