Dickplomacy Reloaded for Mount and Blade Warband

2 hours ago, SexDwarf2250 said:

Getting this error on talking to companions. Doesn't CTD or have any other negative effects so far.

Hide contents

u5E.jpg

I also noticed in the custom troop tree setup that some of the QB armors look like a square piece of scale texture. Did not look into that any further. 

That confirms the error is with script_set_calves. I am still trying to figure out how to fix it, and am going to see if it is even needed anymore.  

6 minutes ago, Whizkid said:

imo, we should re-visit QB at a later stage and concentrate on the existing problems and enhance the sexual content, i.e. when captured force the player to conscript into the lords/bandits army or be sold as slave/prostitute to towns.

my 2 cents  

The Github is always open to feature pull requests, and I am focusing on the bugs right now, the problem is purging the Queens Blade content and reverting it to normal would be more detrimental than helpful at this point because I have been able to fix several of the issues that had to do with the Queens Blade. There are only like 2-3 issues left. I would like to add in more complex slave / prostitution features but I feel like as it is, there needs to be focus on making sure current features aren't broken because I keep finding and getting reports of bugs everywhere. Ships currently have some issues that I haven't even begun looking at and the current public version has a bug that makes you quit the game if you try the dice game with no money (I fixed that awhile ago in the nightly.) Apparently there are script errors with ships, and docking issues. Etc. 

I am always open to people contributing code to add in more features, but I am just worried that right now the mod as it stands isn't completely stable. 

Just now, LilyModzStuff said:

The Github is always open to feature pull requests, and I am focusing on the bugs right now, the problem is purging the Queens Blade content and reverting it to normal would be more detrimental than helpful at this point because I have been able to fix several of the issues that had to do with the Queens Blade. There are only like 2-3 issues left. I would like to add in more complex slave / prostitution features but I feel like as it is, there needs to be focus on making sure current features aren't broken because I keep finding and getting reports of bugs everywhere. Ships currently have some issues that I haven't even begun looking at and the current public version has a bug that makes you quit the game if you try the dice game with no money (I fixed that awhile ago in the nightly.) Apparently there are script errors with ships, and docking issues. Etc. 

I am always open to people contributing code to add in more features, but I am just worried that right now the mod as it stands isn't completely stable. 

yea but the body issue is quite a problem, idk the original body looks way much better than the QB body, i guessing that we are moving to the QB's naked body .., and ships imo there's hardly and incentive to buy or sail a ship except if u want to abuse the bottleneck problem (pathing problem which is actually a problem with the game's engine flaw, don't think anyone is able to fix it) and farm lots of money and equipment.

imo, we should concentrate on features that enhances gameplay and not try to implement stuff which doesn't make any sense another example is the landlord system, it's more a chore esp if i need to collect revenues manually every 2 weeks, game has alot of micro management, adding more....

even the tournament system, is flawed, thank god for the ability to toggle it off, that's good work, and yea maybe make toggles to turn off content till it get fixed might be a good solution too talking about ships here, since other players might like the idea of ships, and the landlord system too perhaps a toggle to allow players to turn it off too.

but in the great scheme of things you and your team has done a wonderful job of making dickplomacy fun again, the start options and menu system it makes restarts so much easier and fun too.

25 minutes ago, Whizkid said:

yea but the body issue is quite a problem, idk the original body looks way much better than the QB body, i guessing that we are moving to the QB's naked body .., and ships imo there's hardly and incentive to buy or sail a ship except if u want to abuse the bottleneck problem (pathing problem which is actually a problem with the game's engine flaw, don't think anyone is able to fix it) and farm lots of money and equipment.

imo, we should concentrate on features that enhances gameplay and not try to implement stuff which doesn't make any sense another example is the landlord system, it's more a chore esp if i need to collect revenues manually every 2 weeks, game has alot of micro management, adding more....

even the tournament system, is flawed, thank god for the ability to toggle it off, that's good work, and yea maybe make toggles to turn off content till it get fixed might be a good solution too talking about ships here, since other players might like the idea of ships, and the landlord system too perhaps a toggle to allow players to turn it off too.

but in the great scheme of things you and your team has done a wonderful job of making dickplomacy fun again, the start options and menu system it makes restarts so much easier and fun too.

One of the things I could do is I could make it optional in the settings menu to use the original Dickplomacy bodies, though I think there is a problem with how gender is checked in the diplomacy scripts. 

Is there anything invasive about the landlord system? In terms of gameplay as far as I know it's completely optional but I may be wrong on that as I haven't play tested the game through in a long time. I try and make as much stuff as optional as possible through the in game settings because I want the player to have the freedom to opt out of whatever they don't like about the module. Also I could make it so ships could be toggled off in theory but because they don't have any intrusive element it would just choose if the menu option is there. 

I really do want to focus on enhancing gameplay features though to be completely honest I don't know if I would have any help currently for the time being and gameplay features can take a very long time to add and debug as an individual. PTI will be included in the next version* (assuming nothing goes wrong) because Mitch has been working on that independently for a very long time now and is nearing the end of that development cycle. I have also thought about expanding on combat features by adding things like artillery to battles. 

I have to look into how freelancer works to see if it can be implemented in a more sexual context, but one way to do it would be when the player gets captured have them be brought to the nearest town and trigger something like the existing prostitution system but with less freedom for a certain amount of time until the player escapes. 

To be completely honest I never had a long term vision for Dickplomacy Reloaded, and it was originally just "hey look this has freelancer, tournament play enhancements, Custom Troop Trees and an HD map!" and then it just gradually started to expand from there with the only goal being "more features" but not necessarily in any direction. For context, Dickplomacy Reloaded 1.0 was released like a week after I learned what the Module System even was. 

I was originally not even hosting it on Github until someone on Reddit reached out to me who wanted to help (but didn't because their experience in Python didn't help them learn the Module System.) told me that having version control would help organize the project and allow other people to contribute. It really wasn't that serious of a project until IntelligencePending started contributing and he is currently busy with real life stuff to my knowledge.  

There isn't really a planning board or an end goal, the Queens Blade was added because I thought it looked cool and decided to ask for permission and got an agreement to use it. Prostitution was added because it was something IntelligencePending had worked on. Many of the OSPs that were added were added because I thought it was just a good concept. 

Sorry for the long winded explanation, I just wanted to make it clear that there is honestly no grand plan with the mod and I am by no means a modding sage who started working on this project in any planned way. 

4 hours ago, LilyModzStuff said:

Is there anything invasive about the landlord system? In terms of gameplay as far as I know it's completely optional but I may be wrong on that as I haven't play tested the game through in a long time. I try and make as much stuff as optional as possible through the in game settings because I want the player to have the freedom to opt out of whatever they don't like about the module. Also I could make it so ships could be toggled off in theory but because they don't have any intrusive element it would just choose if the menu option is there. 

Nope, most of us have learned that you can just not click on these things if you don't like them, and it won't hurt you. I hope you don't spend much time on the rest.

4 hours ago, Whizkid said:

and ships imo there's hardly and incentive to buy or sail a ship except if u want to abuse the bottleneck problem (pathing problem which is actually a problem with the game's engine flaw, don't think anyone is able to fix it)

It may surprise you to learn that you can use ships to expedite movement via sea from point A to point B, which is sort of the definition of what ships do. Granted, it doesn't help you to mindlessly charge things with cavalry on the open plains, sure, but maybe this feature is also just not for you.

5 hours ago, Whizkid said:

imo, we should re-visit QB at a later stage and concentrate on the existing problems and enhance the sexual content, i.e. when captured force the player to conscript into the lords/bandits army or be sold as slave/prostitute to towns.

Fixing a few bugs won't take much time, and you need to fix things as you go, or problems will compound themselves. Or are you seriously saying modders should rip out a 99% completed feature, which by the way is stellar, instead of fixing it, so they can work on something you want that incidentally could easily take 100x as long or more?

4 hours ago, Whizkid said:

Have you noticed you can just not put your money into the landlord system if you feel like it doesn't enhance your gameplay? This is at least the third time you're harping on this point. Let the modders finish adding the features they've put in, they're not even creating them from scratch. And maybe stop trying to shit on the people who are getting features you don't appreciate or understand, and on the mod, by trying to get modders to leave their new features incomplete and bugged.

To be clear, I totally want the sexual content expanded, too, and so do the modders, I'm sure (They're on LL right?) but from having a tiny bit of modding experience: they're doing a great job of using their time to effectively add content and keep the project fresh. Once they get into creating more new features, those updates will get a heck of a lot more rare. Try to enjoy it while it lasts.

Alternatively, put your money where your mouth is, and contribute on github.

5 hours ago, LilyModzStuff said:

This is an issue with hair / heads used by Dickplomacy Reloaded. I can look into it but I need to talk to @IntelligencePending about options with this issue when he gets back because he may have another idea in mind about fixing it. 

The QB plate helmet is nice but looks a bit snug/small. You and IP probably have better solutions in mind, but if not you could try to scale the QB plate helm up in size a tad, and see how it looks, which might also fix the clipping. Or maybe it sits too low? There's certainly no space for padding whatsoever.

2 hours ago, SexDwarf2250 said:

The QB plate helmet is nice but looks a bit snug/small. You and IP probably have better solutions in mind, but if not you could try to scale the QB plate helm up in size a tad, and see how it looks, which might also fix the clipping. Or maybe it sits too low? There's certainly no space for padding whatsoever.

Ya, it's probably something that can be easily fixed in blender by slightly adjusting because it isn't that bad in terms of how messed up it is. 

Hm, I had re-added my item price changes and army composition changes after installing the nightly version, so I'm not sure if that last error message had to do with me goofing that up or not. In either case, I removed those changes again to be certain, but I still got these errors - when I was scrolling through the cheat menu item lists, and was looking at the section of items that had QB stuff.

uDA.jpg

4 hours ago, SexDwarf2250 said:

Nope, most of us have learned that you can just not click on these things if you don't like them, and it won't hurt you. I hope you don't spend much time on the rest.

It may surprise you to learn that you can use ships to expedite movement via sea from point A to point B, which is sort of the definition of what ships do. Granted, it doesn't help you to mindlessly charge things with cavalry on the open plains, sure, but maybe this feature is also just not for you.

Fixing a few bugs won't take much time, and you need to fix things as you go, or problems will compound themselves. Or are you seriously saying modders should rip out a 99% completed feature, which by the way is stellar, instead of fixing it, so they can work on something you want that incidentally could easily take 100x as long or more?

Have you noticed you can just not put your money into the landlord system if you feel like it doesn't enhance your gameplay? This is at least the third time you're harping on this point. Let the modders finish adding the features they've put in, they're not even creating them from scratch. And maybe stop trying to shit on the people who are getting features you don't appreciate or understand, and on the mod, by trying to get modders to leave their new features incomplete and bugged.

To be clear, I totally want the sexual content expanded, too, and so do the modders, I'm sure (They're on LL right?) but from having a tiny bit of modding experience: they're doing a great job of using their time to effectively add content and keep the project fresh. Once they get into creating more new features, those updates will get a heck of a lot more rare. Try to enjoy it while it lasts.

Alternatively, put your money where your mouth is, and contribute on github.

i respect the work that's being done, but i am just wondering about the direction and vision where this project is heading i.e. who is leading it??? it's always nice to have more options but really more does not equal good as it tend to break more than fixes things...

anyway this is just my main concern, as to contribution, these are just feedback from my testing and i had restarted countless of times and gave feedback on any bugs i encountered.

if this rub u the wrong way i apologise as this is not my intention.

3 hours ago, Whizkid said:

i respect the work that's being done [...] but it's always nice to have more options but really more does not equal good as it tend to break more than fixes things...

Your post earlier was basically "can you add a switch to turn off almost everything in the mod, because I think it's terrible and I hate that I have these options plus that way you could leave the features you so foolishly thought were good ideas half-implemented and not fix them while you work on what I think is a better idea." This is not a constructive approach, and it's probably demoralizing to the modders. I would like to see the forward momentum of this mod continue.

43 minutes ago, SexDwarf2250 said:

Your post earlier was basically "can you add a switch to turn off almost everything in the mod, because I think it's terrible and I hate that I have these options plus that way you could leave the features you so foolishly thought were good ideas half-implemented and not fix them while you work on what I think is a better idea." This is not a constructive approach, and it's probably demoralizing to the modders. I would like to see the forward momentum of this mod continue.

idk but u sound as someone that's easily offended, well i keep any constructive comments since it's deem as having a negative mindset, have a nice day.

6 hours ago, SexDwarf2250 said:

Hm, I had re-added my item price changes and army composition changes after installing the nightly version, so I'm not sure if that last error message had to do with me goofing that up or not. In either case, I removed those changes again to be certain, but I still got these errors - when I was scrolling through the cheat menu item lists, and was looking at the section of items that had QB stuff.

Hide contents

uDA.jpg

The cheat item menu seems to have major issues and that has been a problem since the original version if I remember correctly. I don't think it's fixable because of how not only the queens blade items work but also how some of the other unique / non conventional items work that can be seen during in the cheat menu. 

Does anyone know if there is any lesbian and futa content in this mod? I just heard about this and I'm really hoping there is! I would be so sad if it doesn't have this... I'm also very interested in the possibility of getting dickplomacy reloaded updated with all the extra goodies from the latest floris mod expanded. I made these posts/requests on your github. Thank you SO much for doing this mod and everything you have done. I hope I'm not driving you crazy by asking for this, but I feel like this could be something very big, and uhhh.. messy..? but I mean like, this could be something Amazing! I mean, it already is amazing! but I mean, Amazinger!

Please consider this! It would mean so much to me.

https://github.com/LilyModzStuff/warband_mod_source/issues/55

https://github.com/LilyModzStuff/warband_mod_source/issues/56

48 minutes ago, hoovmoov said:

Does anyone know if there is any lesbian and futa content in this mod? I just heard about this and I'm really hoping there is! I would be so sad if it doesn't have this... I'm also very interested in the possibility of getting dickplomacy reloaded updated with all the extra goodies from the latest floris mod expanded. I made these posts/requests on your github. Thank you SO much for doing this mod and everything you have done. I hope I'm not driving you crazy by asking for this, but I feel like this could be something very big, and uhhh.. messy..? but I mean like, this could be something Amazing! I mean, it already is amazing! but I mean, Amazinger! 

Please consider this! It would mean so much to me.

https://github.com/LilyModzStuff/warband_mod_source/issues/55

https://github.com/LilyModzStuff/warband_mod_source/issues/56

Yes to Lesbian no to futa currently. Also, I will take a look at it and read through the requests.
EDIT: I really don't know what you want added from Floris Expanded. You can move Dickplomacy Reloaded / normal Dickplomacy content into Floris Expand and vice versa because both are open source to my knowledge of Floris Expanded. Just winmerge normal public Dickplomacy with Diplomacy to isolate the changed code relating to sex, and then merge that into Floris Evolved source and port the Dickplomacy assets needed to make sex scenes work and it shouldn't be a problem to my knowledge.

Is there actually a specific feature that you want added from Floris Evolved?

18 hours ago, hoovmoov said:

It would need to be done in blender and I don't know how easy that would be to move over to a female model, also for some really weird reason everything that isn't assigned as tf_female is considered male by the game engine, so it would need to be done as a new skin entry and then there might need to be edits to how the sex scenes work.

Though I need to give priority to bug fixes right now because there are some major issues that hurt long term playability right now. A lot of hair styles could easily be added by just adding the queens blade / native hair entries into the female skin entry. Though I would need to test it for clipping issues.

On 10/4/2018 at 2:45 AM, SexDwarf2250 said:

I don't really know what they were trying to say, and I'm not 100% sure what you understood from it either but I will just say this: Options are always good. I'm happy to see this grow and it's really cool this exists but it's not a bad thing to have switches in the mod options menu for things. It's just player freedom that's all. I turn off shield bash because It interrupts my attacks and creates a shield bash (on most mods, not just this one) when I actually intend to attack with the sword, having the freedom to disable a specific feature like this makes my experience much better. freedom is always good. I mean well to everyone when I say this. no bad intentions.

39 minutes ago, hoovmoov said:

I don't really know what they were trying to say, and I'm not 100% sure what you understood from it either but I will just say this: Options are always good.

I don't disagree, but stuff like ships and landlords don't have any impact unless you specifically go there and buy into them, so they are already "off" by default. And they don't even need to be "more" off - the features are just fine, rough edges can be worked around. Complaining about them serves only to be negative about the work put into the mod, unless you have specific solutions to offer. Anyway, some thoughts:

• Combatants in ship scenes do tend to get stuck on ladders. Not a huge deal because it kinda works both ways, and there's usually a traffic jam there anyway, but maybe someone could make the ladders double wide, side by side, to help increase movement and reduce stoppage.
  • It would be neat if factions had their own navies and were represented on the high seas as well. Maybe even some named captains that act as lords do on land, but stay on the sea.

6 hours ago, LilyModzStuff said:

A lot of hair styles could easily be added by just adding the queens blade / native hair entries into the female skin entry. Though I would need to test it for clipping issues.

That sounds nice, actually.

By the way, disregard my script errors above. I had used a text compare/merge to put my tweaks back in (by the way none of them seem to have made it in so far), and it apparently messed up some stuff. ? I manually redid all my tweaks and haven't noticed any more script errors - so far.

However, using the auto-upgrade gear feature for heros still seems to mess with the skins. Specifically it seems to have to do with the second slot. Something seems to associate the second slot with the skin, perhaps? When I give them QB stuff, they often dump their shield, in that slot The auto-upgrade then lists it as "none." If I change that particular slot to "shield," it then gives them the white skin bug.

If I leave it as "none" and tell them to put the shield in the third slot, everything works just fine.

Additionally, if I boink them, after the sex scene they still seem to dump all their stuff when auto-upgrading. This applies to any gear, not just QB.

8 hours ago, LilyModzStuff said:

It would need to be done in blender and I don't know how easy that would be to move over to a female model, also for some really weird reason everything that isn't assigned as tf_female is considered male by the game engine, so it would need to be done as a new skin entry and then there might need to be edits to how the sex scenes work.

Though I need to give priority to bug fixes right now because there are some major issues that hurt long term playability right now. A lot of hair styles could easily be added by just adding the queens blade / native hair entries into the female skin entry. Though I would need to test it for clipping issues.

That's understandable, but may I ask why my entire post disappeared? I'm very upset about that. I had many questions and sadly you only replied to some of them before my post disappeared. If only I had saved it, I could have reposted it. I'm absolutely crushed.

I'll try to salvage what I can.

edit:

all the E features (even if they have another letter next to them) are the floris expanded features. you asked me in a previous post what features I would like implemented, and I would have to say probably all of them. Please consider adding everything in floris mod to dickplomacy reloaded. I BEG YOU!

https://www.moddb.com/mods/floris-mod-pack/features/features50 I'm more than understanding and happy to be patient considering you gotta fix bugs, that makes total sense of course! I just really hope this is something you will do eventually, it would be such a big thing for alot of people who are torn between floris mod and dickplomacy reloaded. If it's really that easy for you (given my very simple understanding) to merge everything can you please do that?

1 hour ago, SexDwarf2250 said:

I don't disagree, but stuff like ships and landlords don't have any impact unless you specifically go there and buy into them, so they are already "off" by default. And they don't even need to be "more" off - the features are just fine, rough edges can be worked around. Complaining about them serves only to be negative about the work put into the mod, unless you have specific solutions to offer. Anyway, some thoughts:

If nobody ever complained, or at least pointed things out, progress would never be made and bugs would never be discovered. expressing ones feelings towards something doesn't explicitly need to be taken as negative. I also do agree that if something can simply be avoided, that's one thing.. but if I discovered something I didn't like for example and then I wanted to be able to flick an "off" switch and wasn't able to, this would be very painful for me since now I have to make multiple mental notes on what to not accidentally do again when I rather be thinking about other things and just enjoying the game. being able to flick a switch is a nice set it and forget it and enjoy the game way of doing things and I highly encourage this so long as it's easy and convenient for the mod maker. There are already countless options just like this that already exist, and I'm happy about that, as it has certainly helped me many times before.

• Combatants in ship scenes do tend to get stuck on ladders. Not a huge deal because it kinda works both ways, and there's usually a traffic jam there anyway, but maybe someone could make the ladders double wide, side by side, to help increase movement and reduce stoppage.
  • It would be neat if factions had their own navies and were represented on the high seas as well. Maybe even some named captains that act as lords do on land, but stay on the sea.

Constructive criticism is always good, it helps make everyone more aware and helps people improve. It should be done in a polite way of course I do agree, even though I didn't personally detect any bad tone in that other post to be totally honest. maybe it's just me.

8 hours ago, LilyModzStuff said:

If you can tell me where these are found, as in file names, location of content in files, and their respective folders I would be glad to do this for my current game. I'm sure you're better than I am with this and I really hope all the floris mod content eventually makes it into dickplomacy reloaded. I love so many of the features from dickplomacy reloaded but playing dickplomacy reloaded is night and day compared with floris because floris makes the world feel much more alive, sounds, options, textures, cheats, many many changes. I mean in no way to diminish dickplomacy reloaded but I strongly and passionately feel that the two mods are a match made in heaven. my heart pains to have both be one mod, or at least have dickplomacy reloaded contain everything from floris. Please don't allow this to be a dream never realized.

Edit: maybe I could help you with bugtesting? I doubt that adding everything from floris would suddenly introduct a bunch of new bugs or something, and you could probably continue to work on the same bugs that already exist. all it would take is a quick merge right, and then simply go back to the current issues, besides I could help you bugtest. If you post the merged version and tell me what you would like me to test, where to go and what to do, I would be glad to go and test those things for you before you make an official release, that is if you want.

59 minutes ago, hoovmoov said:

If nobody ever complained, or at least pointed things out, progress would never be made and bugs would never be discovered. expressing ones feelings towards something doesn't explicitly need to be taken as negative. I also do agree that if something can simply be avoided, that's one thing.. but if I discovered something I didn't like for example and then I wanted to be able to flick an "off" switch and wasn't able to

It's like going in a car where the temperature is fine. The driver says, "do you want me to turn on the heater? It's here if you ever want it" And you respond, "No, and could you open the hood and disconnect the heater from the engine, and remove the heater button too, just in case I forget later that I don't like being too hot?" I would tell you to get out. There's already a button to enable boat features, it's called the button where you buy a damn boat.

On top of that, boat combat isn't any different from the congestion that happens in sieges on ladders. In fact, I run into way more problems in sieges than boats. Try making troops cross the top of the walls at Hrus castle, for example. Native has more issues than boat combat. Please stop complaining about this, esp. if its' a voluntary feature and you can just autocalc and skip it anyway, for Pete's sake. This is, in my opinion, most definitely not a good use of time for the modders.

Now, embarking and disembarking needs some fine-tuning, but again, just don't buy a boat if you can't handle it, and modders can get to that when they have time down the road. I've been using boats non-stop in my last 4 viking raider-themed games, so I can't really give any credit to people who say it doesn't work or it's high priority.