Bad Dog's Immersive Creatures SE

4 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

Okay, I have the basics working again. Now I need to decide how to implement the peens.

I've always used CF for that and on LE it works. On SE it equips the aroused peen but doesn't unequip it. So I have to decide whether to debug CF (again) or use a different method.

The different method would be to put a racial ability on the races that catches SL and SLA events and swaps the peens appropriately. Could also catch SOS's erection spell, cuz why not.

Arguments for CF:

• It's been around forever, it's widely used.
  • Fixing it would fix it for everybody
  • A racial ability makes conflicts with other mods that fiddle the race record
  • CF lets you choose the peen you want when there's more than one option

Arguments for a racial ability:

• Simple, no cloak, no janky form lists of every race and every peen in the universe
  • CF kinda breaks down when you're dealing with hundreds of creature types. Takes forever to load, a million MCM pages, JContainers gets flakey.
  • CF isn't my code. If I touch it at all it's going to be really hard not to rip out JContainers entirely. Not sure how Ep1cL3w7z is gonna feel about that.

I like the idea of the racial ability, but would it only be for BDIC? How extensible is it? Compatible with ABC and/or ASOS, (or dgaf about which peen is used)?

A racial ability sounds easy enough to patch in, even if it could potentially be a patch fest for a while.

For CF, it looks like Ep1c is still around, maybe just ask? CF definitely needs a face lift, and there's been a few patches out there. MMG even did a version 2 that's been a bit more stable with the addition of some community patches.

About to test this on CF 2.0 with Anniversary edition 1.6.353 ( Fingers crossed). Absolutely psyched to not have to choose between more NPC diversity and compatibility with sex mods or defeat. Great job Bad Dog. Looking forward to seeing this grow in the future.

A note on the peens thing, atleast for me and having MNC/Baka ABC. Animals always have dongs but the thing is they aren't constantly erect

---

Upon installation that this wants to override CF 2.0's CreatureFrameworkUtil.pex. Should I load this before or after? Will try both.

So far so good, no errors with this loading before CF 2.0, will see how interactions go and if the rest of it works as planned. Menu is looking pretty spiffy.

ScreenShot1.png

Edited by ithinkimst0ned
20 hours ago, zarantha said:

I like the idea of the racial ability, but would it only be for BDIC? How extensible is it? Compatible with ABC and/or ASOS, (or dgaf about which peen is used)?

A racial ability sounds easy enough to patch in, even if it could potentially be a patch fest for a while.

BDIC only unless anyone else wanted to use the same mechanism. Peens don't matter, they're just meshes.

I did dig into the CF code and found a 2-line fix that... mostly works but not always. Gonna play with the racial ability a bit. Looks like you can't put an enchantment on the base skin, which would be the other approach.

Freakin' A, a bunch of these critters have their own skeletons.

I went back to using CF for assigning peens. The racial ability doesn't work easily with multiple skins. That's solveable, but involves creating formlists and such and it starts to look complicated. I did have to fiddle the CF code some more where it's deciding about armor swaps. 

• 3 weeks later...

Which version of CF should I be using to use this? I've just realised i've been using CF 2.03 from the LE thread on the SSE edition upgraded to AE (not bought, just auto patch) along with NMC 12_6SE and never had any issues with it in my game...

Installed Immersive Creatures, then installed this and went in-game and it had warned me that CF had downgraded to 1.something. I've ran CF 2.03 ever since I re-installed Skyrim a year ago not knowing it was made for LE but had zero problems. Confused lol.

After posting in the NMC LE thread for help, the author advises me that CF 2.03 is actually for LE and SE but some people have issues with it on SE (not me though). Is there a way for me to get this and immersive creatures to work with 2.03 without swapping to the 1.SE version?

Edited by Gonzeh
Update
1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

V2.0.3, but it's a bit flakey. Don't expect all the equipping/unequipping to work correctly. I'll post more when I get a BDIC update finished.

Oh so I have the right version of CF but when I install BDIC it seems to downgrade CF to the other version that was ported... Goes from 2.03 to 1.whateveritis lol

1 hour ago, Bad Dog said:

Load CF after.

LOL feel stupid now. I'd accidentally got the load wrong, fixed it and everything loaded fine under CF 2.03. Can see why you said it's flakey, some work, some don't.

No rush, keep up the great work!

Edited by Gonzeh
Thanks

Bad dog, I posted in your Hoodies SE topic but never got a reply as i'm not sure you check there anymore. Just curious, do I need the BD Hoodie pack from there if I have the 3.2 schlong package from the Lyk Reborn mod? I'm not sure which version would be the most upto date for use.

I noticed the Lyk one seems to include other options not related to the Lyk themselves.

6 minutes ago, Bad Dog said:

Nope, each race is standalone. They are compatible, mostly.

Brilliant! Now I can use Fluffworks WW body with one of your schlongs and have proper fur. I'm on a quest to Fluffwork every creature, Baka has already included Fluffworks in some of his latest updates. Can't argue with the quality of the modding community here.

Does anybody really understand the ABC extra bones and animations? 

What I'm seeing is that if I bring in a mesh like the werewolf cock that's weighted with ABC bones (WWD, WWLB, etc.) I find that some of the verts are weighted to the pelvis only (NPC Pelvis). That's fine and expected.

But if I export the mesh weighted that way, I end up with a mesh that doesn't work in the animations. It works fine for vanilla animations (idles, movement, and such) but during a sex animation the verts that are weighted to the pelvis only don't move. Which is weird because the beast pelvis is certainly moving. 

I can fix it by taking the pelvis weights off entirely and replacing them with the base "WWD 2" weight, but I'm worried that I then have a dick that will fail if you *don't* have ABC installed. But MNC is a requirement so maybe you always do and I don't need to worry about that part. But I'd love to know what's going on that I have to fiddle the MNC/ABC weighting to get a dick that works.

Been working on Creature Framework issues as I go. What's up so far:

* New method of finding creatures via quest aliases

-- Creatures that have already been found can fill up the aliases, so a new one is never triggered. --> Added a condition to prevent filling an alias if the creature is wearing armor that has CFAroused or CFNormal keywords. Each creature will only be selected once, unless they have no junk. An empty mesh could be provided for those just to apply the KW, but I haven't done that yet.

-- Alias depends on the race having the "Creature" keyword. Will not trigger on the "Daedra" keyword, but some of the SIC creatures have that KW only. --> Left as is, adding the KW to races, e.g. the Shoggoth race.

-- The quest gets triggered on update, so there can be a delay before the junk shows up --> Left as is.

* ChangeArousal

-- Doing a lot of work to ensure a new armor is only equipped when needed, but the logic isn't right. --> Working

-- Gets triggered on every update, not just when a significant event happens (SLA change, sex, or puppet action). --> Should fix, maybe will simplify the logic.

* IsValidForUpdate

-- Was excluding creatures that were alerted, alarmed, bleeding out, or in combat (plus some other conditions). Aggressive creatures may show up already in combat and it's not clear why the other conditions should prevent junk being applied --> Removed these conditions from the check.

Once I have the issues fixed I'll shoot it over to the author.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/8/2018 at 5:21 PM, Bad Dog said:

Second, I did a bunch of work on Creature Framework to figure out why schlongs weren't appearing reliably and ended up shipping a patch for it. @Ep1cL3w7z you may want to check it out and incorporate whatever works for you in the main mod. Details behind the spoiler. Note the install instructions below for handling the CF/MNC/BDIC stack.

fyi: he had nothing to do with the current Frankenstein-ed to hell CF we are now using, so i'll (try to) look into that.....but by chance do you happen to know why freecam messes with cf's ability to apply meshes to the player's werewolf form?* i hear the equipping sound effect but things only get added after the freecam is turned off. does the game not count the player as "3d loaded" or something?

* freecam also seems to be messing with sos when you first start up the game as well, eg: load the game when wearing (non-revealing) armor, hit 3 to activate freecam, then remove the armor.

And a minor patch to MNC just to add some of the new races until they can be incorporated in the base mod. @MadMansGun there are more new races to come so choose when you want to pick them up. I couldn't get the new races registered with a separate call to the SL registry--I don't know if that was my problem or what.

it's one of these going on:

1. old mnc script stuck in your save file

use a save editor to remove these scripts instances from your save file:
MoreNastyCrittersFactory
MoreNastyCrittersAlias

2. mnc's script is fucking with other scripts that try to do the same thing because of the "ClearRaceKey()" lines, (it's mostly only in there to wipe out sexlab v1.62's crappy race assignments)

but not for those (chickens) that have no special flaccid form. I'm thinking it could be possible to create an invisible "flaccid" armor for them, but haven't done it.

or we could just give there stock armor a keyword

I put a condition on the aliases to exclude any creature with armor carrying the CFNormal or CFAroused keywords

...but then how does the creature switch from Normal to Aroused? (not that i fully understand how the scripts work to begin with)

The mechanism also wouldn't touch creatures which were alerted, alarmed, bleeding out, dead, in combat, or some other conditions I forget. Since hostile creatures are on alert just about as soon as they show up, they were always excluded. I removed most of these conditions on the theory that even if they're dead, they deserve their junk.

...how in the hell did i miss that? edit: i think that was added to prevent bugs.

There's a lot of code in CF to ensure the junk is only swapped when necessary. I think there were bugs in this logic but rather than debug it fully I just simplified it so that it does fewer checks. 

i have no clue if thats a good thing or not, i think some of it was for the "force arousal update" setting.

Edited by MadMansGun
4 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

fyi: he had nothing to do with the current Frankenstein-ed to hell CF we are now using, so i'll (try to) look into that.....but by chance do you happen to know why freecam messes with cf's ability to apply meshes to the player's werewolf form?

Oh, ok. Whatevs.

I don't know what it is with freecam but I think it's a general problem where newly equipped meshes aren't rendered reliably while in freecam. Might have something to do with how close the cam is to the mesh, because if the built-in thing to hide meshes which are too close.

IOW I don't think it's fixable.

2. mnc's script is fucking with other scripts that try to do the same thing because of the "ClearRaceKey()" lines

I like this theory. I didn't try doing a ClearRaceKey myself and loading all all all the races. 

or we could just give there stock armor a keyword

Right. Then we're overriding a bunch of stock armor, but we have our mitts all over those forms anyway.

...but then how does the creature switch from Normal to Aroused?

Once a creature has been identified as relevant, it's put in a JContainers list and the normal/aroused switch runs off that. The problem is getting the creature into the list in the first place.

i have no clue if thats a good thing or not, i think some of it was for the "force arousal update" setting

Likely. I think force arousal still works because I use it a bunch for testing. I don't know if it's as efficient as it can be.

sexlab aroused does not seem to be working, and i think this bit is the problem:

else
			NewFlag = JFormDB.GetInt(thisCreature, ".CFFormArousal.Arsl")
			CFDebug.Log("[Framework] DEBUG NewFlag == " + NewFlag)
			if NewFlag == 1 
				NewFlag = 0 ; Used to be stopping state, so now stopped, not aroused
			elseIf NewFlag > 1
				NewFlag = 2 ; Used to be aroused, still aroused
			elseIf SexLabAroused && Config.GenAroused && ((Config.GenForceArousalUpdate && SexLabAroused.GetActorArousal(thisCreature) >= Config.GenArousalThreshold) ||\
			(!Config.GenForceArousalUpdate && thisCreature.GetFactionRank(ArousedFaction) >= Config.GenArousalThreshold))
				NewFlag = 2 ; Because creature is aroused
			else
				NewFlag = 0 ; Because creature is not aroused
			endIf
		endif

old one looked like this:

else
			NewFlag = JFormDB.GetInt(ACreatures[CreatureI], ".CFFormArousal.Arsl")
			if NewFlag == 1 && !SexLabAroused
				NewFlag = 0
			elseIf NewFlag > 1  && !SexLabAroused
				NewFlag = 1
			elseIf SexLabAroused && Config.GenAroused && ((Config.GenForceArousalUpdate && SexLabAroused.GetActorArousal(ACreatures[CreatureI]) >= Config.GenArousalThreshold) ||\
			(!Config.GenForceArousalUpdate && ACreatures[CreatureI].GetFactionRank(ArousedFaction) >= Config.GenArousalThreshold))
				NewFlag = 1
			else
				NewFlag = 0
			endIf
		endif

to me it looks like without the "!SexLabAroused" the first part will be valid no mater what and the rest becomes unused/pointless.

Edited by MadMansGun