Bad Dog's Immersive Creatures SE

30 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

you might already know but I get this error message when I try to start scenes when using creature framework 3.0image.png.9577866f524275bdc7f58bad9c1df958.png

that's not a cf problem, try reregistering the animations.

Edited by MadMansGun
2 hours ago, Bad Dog said:

@MadMansGun Will just re-registering the animations do it? When it's a question of a new race, I've had trouble getting it recogized.

2 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

For some reason that did not seem to work. The vanilla equivalents and demonic creatures mod I use work fine though and I see SIC in the creature framework MCM

the race is already registered into MNC so re-registering should work.

if not then you may have a super old copy of the mnc scripts stuck in your save file, use a save editor to remove theses scripts and then try re-registering:

MoreNastyCrittersFactory
MoreNastyCrittersAlias

1 hour ago, MadMansGun said:

the race is already registered into MNC so re-registering should work.

if not then you may have a super old copy of the mnc scripts stuck in your save file, use a save editor to remove theses scripts and then try re-registering:

MoreNastyCrittersFactory
MoreNastyCrittersAlias

The creatures I could find in the creature framework seemed to work however I noticed the ogre in game has the race _00OgreRace which I could not find in MoreNastyCrittersFactory The durzog had their race in MoreNastyCrittersFactory but did not show up in the mcm when i would re-register

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi, friends! Long time, no chat. Good to see the continued work on all of this degeneracy! :) Happened to be lazily slapping together a functional SSE/AE installation together and came across your posts here. I might be able to provide a little bit of insight, though it's probably to matters that are irrelevant by now.

On 7/11/2022 at 8:22 AM, Bad Dog said:

ACreatures[CreatureI] gets referenced a lot. Assigning it to a variable simplifies the code, provides a marginal performance improvement, and makes it a little more readable. 

I have no freaking idea what GDAName stands for. GDA is clearly initials of a longer phrase I didn't want to spell out but I don't know what it was.

Papyrus is multithreaded, using a somewhat half-assed threading system. Each thread is a process that runs independently and in parallel. Instead of having threads truly interrupt each other, every time there's a call out of a thread the system puts the call on a queue, gives every other thread on the queue a chance to run, then comes back and completes your call. So as long as your script doesn't call out, it's synchronous. As soon as it does, not only might a bunch of other threads get involved, but it's a much heavier-weight call.

The original CF has a CFDebug script with a name printing routine, but printing the name for debugging purposes wants to be a lightweight operation and I didn't want the overhead of calling out to another script, so I moved it into this one.

GDAName probably stood for GetDetailedActorName, a function I made for logging purposes, which I'll again bring up below.

I'm glad somebody else is aware of the internal workings of Papyrus, as it's something that I ultimately ended up delving into far more than I should have. I did not, however, optimize CF as much as possible (biggest one being moving functions around between scripts, as has since been done it seems), because the goal was always a balance of modularity and performance. As an example, a big point for me was to ensure that the behavior/functionality of the CFEffect could always be replicated fully by a user of the framework and could be essentially drop-in replaced if somebody desired, without relying on private APIs. I therefore always (mostly?) adhered to a logical separation of concerns and tried to split things out where it made sense.

On 7/19/2022 at 7:57 AM, Bad Dog said:

-sic-

BTW I'd be strongly tempted to re-introduce the cloak method of finding NPCs and give users the option through MCM. It's bound to be quicker on machines that can handle it, and people with machines that can't can flip over to the other method.

-sic-

I've always been stubborn here as well, because the equivalent method using Quest Aliases was never as fast or reliable for me, and cloaks never really failed either. As long as your CPU wasn't a total potato (or Papyrus' performance settings were configured well for your potato status), cloaks were 100% reliable and consistent. Additionally, I honestly still don't fully understand how the quest aliases work - it seems like it's relying on a lot of under-the-hood "magic" that you don't get to see or have control over, and I have no idea what effect it has on the game ultimately. There's also little room for adjustment (vs. how CF provided options to tweak the cloak's performance). Hopefully Bethesda properly addresses this need (dynamically applying effects/running scripts for all new actors encountered) in future games so that we don't have so many mods relying on cloak spells or other weird methods and duplicating effort. Ah, who am I kidding - that will probably never happen.

On 7/19/2022 at 5:26 PM, MadMansGun said:

sort of, i went a different direction on a few things....

i nuked the flag system in "function ChangeArousal" and made it more "binary", it was silly to have that "0 1 2 3" crap for something that should just be "on/off" (i would of done this years ago if i understood what the hell i was looking at back then)

-sic-

i mostly dropped that "GetDetailedActorName" stuff and just use " + akCreature " for the debug info lines, it seems to mostly give the same info anyways.

-sic-

IIRC, the numeric SexLab state (0/1/2/3) came straight from SexLab at the time, and CF was just working off of that input.

Just concatenating the actor reference onto the string definitely doesn't (or didn't) provide as much info, but hell if I know what the big difference is at this point, years later. :D

Hey, welcome back!

I like the idea of customizing by overriding the magic effect. Not sure I really considered that when I was fiddling.

I think quest aliases are just totally random. Which means it can take arbitrarily long to pick up all NPCs in an area. There's some tool to distribute magic effects and stuff to all NPCs (googles: Spell Perk Item Distributor). Ever thought about using something like that? When what you really want is for every actor to have the effect, and you're just using the cloak as a poor-man's way of getting there, maybe it would be a better approach.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/23/2020 at 12:48 AM, NedStark02 said:

I'm having issues getting defeat to register all the creatures that this adds. I have to reconfigure it to get it to recognize creatures at all, and sometimes not even all the regular ones, let alone most of these. Anyone have a fix or workaround to this?

On 10/1/2020 at 1:54 PM, Bad Dog said:

Sexlab has to know the race, regardless of the skeleton. SL has built in the races for major mods--IC, Bruma, Reach, some others. Ogres are included. If you hit a creature with the matchmaker spell and get the "spell fizzles" message, SL doesn't have the race. Otherwise it's something else (like no valid animations).

I have had trouble getting SL to trigger with some of the creatures but haven't pinned it down. 

I'm having the same issue with some creatures. It's a shame, but I suppose I can understand if SL is being annoying about it. Has there been any progress on this?

There's Sexlab, then there's Defeat. Might be a different set of problems.

SL needs to know the race and skeleton or the spell fizzles. Defeat might still work, but no animations will play ofc.

Defeat might need to know the actor is a creature and some of the SIC dremora and such aren't flagged as creatures. I had this issue with, I think, CF. I've added keywords or whatever as I come across those. 

I was working on an update to cover all the new creatures, but it's a slog. I'll get back to it eventually. Probably.

Edited by Bad Dog

I am sorry to post this but your BDIC patch for Sexlab stuffs up the SLSO widget. I simply does not work for any participant. I have not been able yet to test the rest of that group of mods but only the removal of that patch allowed the widget to function (and how! There must have been ten SGs absorbed alone, and I had to press "end" to make my PC climb off her).

I removed it as someone else posted that it did the same thing and so it is worth a look.

WRT the rest of your mods for ICs I wish to thank you for the work as I was seriously considering removing ICs as i was tired of my PC being raped/ ignored (I cannot remember) by dickless creatures.

I know that I have not yet tested it, but your efforts have kept the IC mod alive AFAIAC.

Edited by Will55

Not certain where to post this as it might be Bad Dog's "territory" ( the problem now has genitals thanks to BD's efforts). My beastess and her follower(s) are enjoying the benefits of increased "partners" (irresistible attraction works wonders for allowing them to join in and a good old bear/dragon certainly makes the overfriendly town dogs and horses seem less interesting?). BUT she has a "stalker": a friendly ancient Spriggan patriarch. Now he does have genitals, so she thought: "why not?" But he does not respond and in fact cannot be clicked upon (info from console) and all and various invites fail to work. So, maybe he just likes to watch (not uncommon. that in Skyrim) But he turns up everywhere and with him around sneaking is not umm efficient. Now I do realize that he probably thinks that she is an incarnation of his ideal partner (but no branch growing out of her head...apologies Harold!) but now he is following her into towns and villages. He is harmless so far, but someone is going to do something to him eventually and I would prefer that they did not.(Sure! It's ok if my char does it...................viva innate hypocrisy!)

So, does this have anything to do with the Beastess mod or is Bad dog's territory? If so, can it be corrected? It is not that she is keen on splinters, but she IS curious and she doesn't smoke (hint...dry kindling).

WRT the below (and apologies to Mae West) that is most definitely NOT a gun in his pocket.

ScreenShot404.png

Edited by Will55
  • 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, HuRR9caNE said:

i have the folder but it show    this anyways and i get crash when i loading the save.image.png.475ef7fe3e191c90238f093b5d173e15.png

Hentai creatures is a separate download on the more nasty critters page. Make sure it's installed and the plugin is enabled. If you have it, it's not enabled per your output.

Edited by zarantha

Hi folks, I have a question,

There is creature framework 2.0.3 in the reqs, but on the MNC page only 3.0 version. Is it works with Bad Dog's IC out-of-the-box without any patches?

@MadMansGun , question about second warning in MNC, can we just select MNC werewolf mesh instead of ABC or other to workaround temporary(i hope) incompatibility?

56 minutes ago, Iroha said:

There is creature framework 2.0.3 in the reqs, but on the MNC page only 3.0 version. Is it works with Bad Dog's IC out-of-the-box without any patches?

use 3

56 minutes ago, Iroha said:

question about second warning in MNC, can we just select MNC werewolf mesh instead of ABC or other to workaround temporary(i hope) incompatibility?

i think ABC should be mostly ok, it's just that the werewolf meshes ABC was made to replace don't exist in MNC anymore.

TWO has the bigger problem, it has esps made to edit formids that may not be doing the same thing anymore.

Edited by MadMansGun

Hi, I stumbled over a Nixhound and CF does not register this animal. It is a dog from CC also modified by IC but BD's patch does not cover it. As it is coming from CC content ccbgsse035-petnhound, I don't know which mod should cover it? BDIC? MNC? Neither?

image.png.253b078bbf1b4f08f6f85f97bffcaeaf.png

Edited by FireSplitter